HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chicago amongst Parise's probable destinations

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-05-2012, 03:58 PM
  #51
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly
 
HawksFan74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 15,336
vCash: 500
Move Sharp for sure. Get it done although Parise has looked like garbage the last few games. On 2nd thought how does this address 2nd line center, goaltending and the average D. What's the point if you're actually adding to the cap with him?

There is no point to doing this. I would not dump Kane for him. Sharp and that's about it and it doesn't make the team much better.

HawksFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 04:04 PM
  #52
AmericanDream
Puck You
 
AmericanDream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: I Return to Serenity
Country: United States
Posts: 9,570
vCash: 500
Parise - Toews - Hossa .....

I can see the battle on the boards now, opposing teams wont even bother trying to get the puck away from these 3...that would be the best power play scenario as well as it really would help keep the puck in our zone and these guys actually forecheck and cycle.

My bold statement is that if the Hawks acquire Parise, it will improve our power play (though I am still hoping for a Corvo or Souray cheap pointman to help blast some pucks on net), which in turn will help us into the top 3 by itself.

I am serious about this, if the Hawks get Parise and our tending and defense likely stays the same, this team goes from a 6-7th overall team to a top 3 team on our power play ability alone. You put Parise with Toews and I think Parise would believe he died and went to heaven by playing with an elite center for once.

Our power play absolutely destroyed us this year, fix that alone and we are a top 3 team with the same goaltending and defense, imo.

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 04:16 PM
  #53
AmericanDream
Puck You
 
AmericanDream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: I Return to Serenity
Country: United States
Posts: 9,570
vCash: 500
we can afford Parise without moving Kane or Sharp, that has been posted dozens of times on here, so for those expecting that to happen I think you are wrong.

The Hawks need to move Hammer and Frolik to get this done with room to spare as these 2 alone give us over $5 mil in room to put towards Parise, plus the likely 3 mil bump in the cap, and not resigning Brunette and the rest of the scrubs leaves us room to sign Parise, and a power play dman (like Souray or Corvo....1 year deal, on the cheap, just shoot the damn puck from the point), plus Jim Slater to play our #3 center....

I dont want to hear about us needing to improve our goaltending, it isnt going to happen. Bowman signed Emery for a reason and he is obviously content going into the season with Crawford and Emery. What ever money we have available will or should go to luring either Parise or Suter, get another 2 way gritty center who can win faceoffs, and another bottom pairing dman to either be a pure shutdown dman, or a power play point specialist...either one is needed.


my team would look like:

Parise - Toews - Hossa
Saad - Bolland - Kane
Stalberg - Slater - Sharp
Shaw - Hayes - Bickell
Carcillo

Keith - Leddy
Seabrook - Oduya
Montador - Souray
Olsen

Crawford
Emery

obviously this defense is going to get torched some nights!! but you can switch out Souray and go with Hannan if you prefer the stay at home guy over Souray and his blast.

I also like moving Sharp on the third line, forcing Bolland to man up and play 2c as this gives us 3 lines that can score and could play havoc against anyone....Stalberg on a contract year could produce bigtime as well playing with Slater and Sharp.

teach Jayes to play center...he would be a perfect 4th line center for us...big, strong, has soft hands, and can play decent two way hockey....cant be worse at faceoffs then Kruger...

Goaltending is the same, but Crawford will bounce back....its just our defense that scares me, but we did win the cup with Nick Boynton on our team, so this overall could work out especially if Olsen steps up and plays big, physical, smart defense for us...and quickens his feet some as well.

team would be tough to play

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 04:22 PM
  #54
MagicSlap*
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,471
vCash: 500
Parise-Toews-Hossa would be the best line in the NHL

MagicSlap* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 04:40 PM
  #55
DontTazMeBro
LoveYouRyanNash
 
DontTazMeBro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,986
vCash: 500
We can do it, IMO Parise would take a little cut to play with Kane, Toews, and Hossa. It would be the best team since the cup year.

__________________
Stanley Cup Champions
1934 1938 1961 2010 2013
R.I.P Ryan Nash.
Old username: LoveYouRyanNash
GO HAWKS!
DontTazMeBro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 04:45 PM
  #56
zytz
lumberjack
 
zytz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 6,800
vCash: 500
Remember what brass has instructed Bowman on regarding large contracts. While I'd love to have him here I wouldnt count on it unless another top forward is mover out.

zytz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 05:04 PM
  #57
99 steps
to the top
 
99 steps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: RV, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 2,924
vCash: 500
hard to imagine us being able to out-bid the wings...

99 steps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 05:06 PM
  #58
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'
 
IU Hawks fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: No longer IU
Country: United States
Posts: 18,884
vCash: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by zytz View Post
Remember what brass has instructed Bowman on regarding large contracts. While I'd love to have him here I wouldnt count on it unless another top forward is mover out.
I don't really buy a word of that ****.

IU Hawks fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 05:15 PM
  #59
RomersWorld*
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 7,162
vCash: 500
Yeah please tell me what Rocky said to Stan....were you in the room? Was the reporter from Hockeybuzz or whoever said that shyt in the room? Lets not act like this is a fact please.

RomersWorld* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 05:56 PM
  #60
MurrayBannerman
Fishbulb
 
MurrayBannerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: 219
Country: United States
Posts: 21,815
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
we can afford Parise without moving Kane or Sharp, that has been posted dozens of times on here, so for those expecting that to happen I think you are wrong.

The Hawks need to move Hammer and Frolik to get this done with room to spare as these 2 alone give us over $5 mil in room to put towards Parise, plus the likely 3 mil bump in the cap, and not resigning Brunette and the rest of the scrubs leaves us room to sign Parise, and a power play dman (like Souray or Corvo....1 year deal, on the cheap, just shoot the damn puck from the point), plus Jim Slater to play our #3 center....

I dont want to hear about us needing to improve our goaltending, it isnt going to happen. Bowman signed Emery for a reason and he is obviously content going into the season with Crawford and Emery. What ever money we have available will or should go to luring either Parise or Suter, get another 2 way gritty center who can win faceoffs, and another bottom pairing dman to either be a pure shutdown dman, or a power play point specialist...either one is needed.


my team would look like:

Parise - Toews - Hossa
Saad - Bolland - Kane
Stalberg - Slater - Sharp
Shaw - Hayes - Bickell
Carcillo

Keith - Leddy
Seabrook - Oduya
Montador - Souray
Olsen

Crawford
Emery

obviously this defense is going to get torched some nights!! but you can switch out Souray and go with Hannan if you prefer the stay at home guy over Souray and his blast.

I also like moving Sharp on the third line, forcing Bolland to man up and play 2c as this gives us 3 lines that can score and could play havoc against anyone....Stalberg on a contract year could produce bigtime as well playing with Slater and Sharp.

teach Jayes to play center...he would be a perfect 4th line center for us...big, strong, has soft hands, and can play decent two way hockey....cant be worse at faceoffs then Kruger...

Goaltending is the same, but Crawford will bounce back....its just our defense that scares me, but we did win the cup with Nick Boynton on our team, so this overall could work out especially if Olsen steps up and plays big, physical, smart defense for us...and quickens his feet some as well.

team would be tough to play
You forgot Mayers

MurrayBannerman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 05:58 PM
  #61
Chris Hansen
VERSTEEG REDEMPTION
 
Chris Hansen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 10,200
vCash: 500
It won't happen.

Unfortunately.

Top-6 forward is a need, but it isn't the most pressing one. If he was a center I'd say otherwise.

That said, if he's acquired, I'd be jumping for joy like the rest of you on July 1st. Him in the top-6 with Kane, Hossa, Toews, and Sharp would certainly do well to mask the other holes on the roster... some of which could be filled at deadline day, if the team looks promising enough to contend for a Cup (which I'd have to imagine that it would).

Chris Hansen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 05:58 PM
  #62
madgoat33
Registered User
 
madgoat33's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 12,747
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
It won't happen.

Unfortunately.

Top-6 forward is a need, but it isn't the most pressing one. If he was a center I'd say otherwise.

That said, if he's acquired, I'd be jumping for joy like the rest of you on July 1st. Him in the top-6 with Kane, Hossa, Toews, and Sharp would certainly do well to mask the other holes on the roster... some of which could be filled at deadline day, if the team looks promising enough to contend for a Cup (which I'd have to imagine that it would).

eh, i'd say #2c is right up there with physical good defensive dman as far as team needs go.

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 06:41 PM
  #63
Chris Hansen
VERSTEEG REDEMPTION
 
Chris Hansen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 10,200
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
eh, i'd say #2c is right up there with physical good defensive dman as far as team needs go.
Yep I agree, that's why I said I'd think differently if Parise was a center rather than a winger. But I'd still love the signing along with pretty much everyone else

Chris Hansen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 06:56 PM
  #64
zytz
lumberjack
 
zytz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 6,800
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zytz View Post
Remember what brass has instructed Bowman on regarding large contracts. While I'd love to have him here I wouldnt count on it unless another top forward is mover out.
Well I can't find the article I (thought?) read. Best I can find is a Bowman quote saying the org wasn't going after large or long term contracts... I thought I had read a quote that confirmed as much by McD... but no dice. So until then I rescind my previous statement

zytz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 06:59 PM
  #65
Panzerspitze
Registered User
 
Panzerspitze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,080
vCash: 500
Bolland is not a #2 center. He hasn't never shown to be one so far. What does it take for that to sink in?!

Panzerspitze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 08:26 PM
  #66
MagicSlap*
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerspitze View Post
Bolland is not a #2 center. He hasn't never shown to be one so far. What does it take for that to sink in?!
We know this from what? The 3 shifts Q has given him there? Bolland excels in the role he's given and it's a very difficult one at that. Bolland started something like 70% in the defensive zone and faced the oughest players on the ice and still put up almost 40 points playing with bums most of the year.

He has shown he can be a good offensive player in the past, it's just consistency. Maybe if he got more than one game with line mates who are actually top 6 quality then he'd show he can be a #2 center.

MagicSlap* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 08:34 PM
  #67
RayP
Registered User
 
RayP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 56,418
vCash: 50
If you sign Parise, a #2C isn't a need anymore. You then move Kane there, who by all indications doesn't have an issue with that as has been reported with Sharp... Or tell Sharp to play there again if you're worried about Kane's defense from the C spot. Me personallly, I go...

Parise-Toews-Hossa
Sharp-Kane-Saad
Carcillo-Bolland-Stalberg
Hayes-Mayers-Bickell


If Saad doesn't workout, move up Carbomb or even give Hayes a shot. You can then retain Bolland to be that annoying gritty 3C. That'd be a helluva top 9, and I'd be fine with that and hoping Crarford rebounds to his rookie form, or at least splits the difference. You're then going to have a much fresher Keith to play better D with the improved forechecking and puck possession game, so the D improves a touch as well.


Last edited by RayP: 06-05-2012 at 08:40 PM.
RayP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 09:01 PM
  #68
Cullksinikers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 'Merica
Country: United States
Posts: 14,525
vCash: 500
Ray, that lineup needs some Shawzer in it.

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 09:10 PM
  #69
RayP
Registered User
 
RayP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 56,418
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
Ray, that lineup needs some Shawzer in it.
Right, completely forgot about him... He'd complete the 3rd line much better than Stalberg anyway with his agitating style.

RayP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 09:19 PM
  #70
Cullksinikers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 'Merica
Country: United States
Posts: 14,525
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
Right, completely forgot about him... He'd complete the 3rd line much better than Stalberg anyway with his agitating style.
Parise-Toews-Kane
Saad-Sharp-Hossa
Stalberg-Bolland-Shaw
Carcillo-Kruger-Bickell
Hayes, Mayers

First: PP unit:

Point: Leddy and Hossa

Other spots: Parise, Toews, and Kane

Second PP unit:

Point: Keith and Oduya

Other spots: Sharp, Bolland, and Shaw

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 09:47 PM
  #71
Cullksinikers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 'Merica
Country: United States
Posts: 14,525
vCash: 500


Last edited by Cullksinikers: 06-05-2012 at 09:54 PM.
Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 10:13 PM
  #72
pvr
Kruger Line=2.5 Men
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,107
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
Parise-Toews-Kane
Saad-Sharp-Hossa
Stalberg-Bolland-Shaw
Carcillo-Kruger-Bickell
Mayers, Hayes
Just a few tweaks...we can dream, can't we...

Parise-Toews-Kane
Saad-Sharp-Hossa
Stalberg-Bolland-Shaw
Carcillo-Meyers-Morin
Hayes/Kruger

Hopefully Crawford steps up, as well as defense.

pvr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 11:28 PM
  #73
AmericanDream
Puck You
 
AmericanDream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: I Return to Serenity
Country: United States
Posts: 9,570
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman View Post
You forgot Mayers
no I didnt....

Mayers is a healthy scratch on this team 9 out of 10 games

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 11:54 PM
  #74
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13
 
No Fun Shogun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chicagoland, IL
Country: Fiji
Posts: 25,870
vCash: 430
I would be extraordinarily happy if we got Parise, but I'm not holding my breath that we'll land him.

No Fun Shogun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 01:52 AM
  #75
clydesdale line
Registered User
 
clydesdale line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,481
vCash: 500
Would love for it to happen. Forecheck improves leaps and bounds. Would I like most about Parise is he's got some grit to his game. (although I do miss 09-10 Parise) If you get him, you play him with Hossa and never look back.

clydesdale line is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:07 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.