HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Therrien is new Habs coach

Old
06-05-2012, 09:41 PM
deandebean

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
Just think how many players Martin got rid of in 2 years...
now imagine Mr I'mgoonabootyourknutsoff when he get's ready to shape the team .
He(MT) is already on record on TV hating on PK SUBBAN.....whatever he said today was smoke...
PK Subban to Chicago , will know it's for real then eh?
He doesn't hate Subban. That I know. He HATES showboating for sure, and HATES guys who aren't committed. But he doesn't hate Subban. Who can really hate the best athlete of the team?

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 09:42 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
Why is Meg Ryan in the background
Her hair is as yellow as his coat.

Old
06-05-2012, 09:43 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
This is where, I'm afraid, our new GM made a mistake: he hired a guy that certainly won't help him fetch new UFAs.

I can just imagine the texting that went crazy between the players. I suspect Markov got the bulk of it.
I been sayin it since this broke last night....

The players was sayin right in media they hated JM style , and Randy style ....then Bergy hire bck Jacques Martin...it's honestly the biggest FUP i seen ,he obviously doesn't understand the sediment in the room.Wait till he walk in and show him the old
1 -2-2 trap sit on your lead , players will go wild .

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 09:47 PM
deandebean

Quote:
I been sayin it since this broke last night....

The players was sayin right in media they hated JM style , and Randy style ....then Bergy hire bck Jacques Martin...it's honestly the biggest FUP i seen ,he obviously doesn't understand the sediment in the room.Wait till he walk in and show him the old
1 -2-2 trap sit on your lead , players will go wild .
It's not about the system, Habaneros. It's about player-coach relationship. I'm not so sure that Therrien had a good relationship with his players. Michel Therrien has a pretty agressive system in mind, I'm pretty sure. In fact, I'm certain that Bergevin-Mellanby want an agressive minded coach.

It,s more HR that I'm afraid of. I've always thought Therrien was a hot-headed dude, who gets under players' skin.

Old
06-05-2012, 09:48 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
He doesn't hate Subban. That I know. He HATES showboating for sure, and HATES guys who aren't committed. But he doesn't hate Subban. Who can really hate the best athlete of the team?
Not to long before he became coach, he was spouting off how he'd straighten out Subban......
You better get ready for some bigtime sparks, cause the one's we seen between Martin and Subban and Randy L on the bench with Subban is nothing compared to what goona take place....and i got a bad feeling .

Quote:
He had praise for P.K. Subban, a player whom Therrien, in his role as RDS hockey analyst, had occasion to criticize during the past season.

“Subban is a thoroughbred, and you need thoroughbreds to win races,” Therrien said.

He added that one of his challenges will be developing Subban’s talent and leadership qualities.

Last edited by Habaneros: 06-05-2012 at 09:54 PM.
Old
06-05-2012, 09:51 PM
hockeyfan2k11

I don't understand hiring a guy who isn't well liked around the league...especially when you're trying so hard to shed your negative image to the hockey world. This hire makes no sense to me.

I'm going to support Therrien, and the team, but I don't see a middle ground here. Either the team ends up really producing with him or it becomes a disaster and we see the destruction of our young core.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 09:52 PM
snuffelapagus

No wonder MT gets no respect.

Last edited by snuffelapagus: 06-05-2012 at 09:55 PM. Reason: correct image url
snuffelapagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 09:52 PM
HomaridII

Quote:
No long before he became coach, he was spouting off how held straighten out Subban......

you better get ready for some bigtime sparks, cause the one's we seen between Martin and Subban and Randy L on the bench with Subban is nothing compared to what goona take place....and i got a bad feeling .

He just singled out Subban on L'Antichambre as one of the most talented players on the team and one of the guys he can't wait to work with.

HomaridII is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 09:53 PM
deandebean

Quote:
No long before he became coach, he was spouting off how held straighten out Subban......

you better get ready for some bigtime sparks, cause the one's we seen between Martin and Subban and Randy L on the bench with Subban is nothing compared to what goona take place....and i got a bad feeling .
Martin never blew a fuse against Subban publicly. Randy did. Well, PK probably needs to be groomed. No doubt.

Subban doesn't worry me. The vets do, though. Ouch. Not convinced.

Old
06-05-2012, 09:53 PM
Rutabaga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I still can't believe Therrien has worse career puck possession numbers when he coached the Crosby and Malkin Pittsburgh Penguins than Carbo does.

How is that possible?
I didnt knew it was that bad either.
And that precise point cannot be said too many times. In fact, it should be enough to discredit the coach for about any job in the NHL. Yet, some people are ready to give him a 3rd chance.

So here it goes again, Therrien had worse puck possession numbers when he coached a team with Crosby and Malkin (and Staal+Gonchar), than Carbo does with an average team.

Lets think about that fact, for a moment.

If you're seriously thinking that hiring that coach can be a good idea, then, you clearly have a problem in what your idea of the game is.

Does anyone know where i can buy some cyanide for cheap ?

Rutabaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 09:56 PM
psychonaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeysvette View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lzJI...4A161F1A3E09EA

Interesting interview of Therrien as Pens coach...
Funny he's English is pretty good there.

psychonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 09:57 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuffelapagus View Post

No wonder MT gets no respect.
Bingo! That's who I was thinking of!

Old
06-05-2012, 09:58 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Martin never blew a fuse against Subban publicly. Randy did. Well, PK probably needs to be groomed. No doubt.

Subban doesn't worry me. The vets do, though. Ouch. Not convinced.
You remember there was A LOT of friction between PK and Martin,especially when Martin benched him....it was getting bad.Bad enough to see these type of articles...
Now we got Nuke bomb Mike in the room? LOL yeah ok ...I don't think Micheal's "philosophy" is goona go over well with Subban....Will see shortly .

Why the Canadiens should keep P.K. Subban

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2012/...ep-p-k-subban/

Quote:
By Mike Boone

Let’s make it really simple for Montreal Canadiens general manager Pierre Gauthier as he pauses on his way to the Help Wanted ads to parse this advice column over his herbal tea and vegan muffins:

Don’t. Trade. P.K.

Don’t even think about it.

Quote:
On RDS’s L’Antichambre, P.K. is roasted on a nightly basis for sins real and, in the case of Denis Gauthier, imagined.

During a recent telecast, Denis Gauthier — quoting unnamed sources close to the team — said Subban is habitually late for meetings.

And, the former NHL defenceman added, “if there are five team rules, he’ll break seven.”

Quote:
Is Subban easy to coach?

No.

Jacques Martin made him a healthy scratch for three straight early December games last season.

Randy Cunneyworth had P.K. (and Lars Eller) in the Winnipeg press box for a 4-0 loss three days before Christmas.

Last edited by Habaneros: 06-05-2012 at 10:07 PM.
Old
06-05-2012, 09:58 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
I don't understand hiring a guy who isn't well liked around the league...especially when you're trying so hard to shed your negative image to the hockey world. This hire makes no sense to me.

I'm going to support Therrien, and the team, but I don't see a middle ground here. Either the team ends up really producing with him or it becomes a disaster and we see the destruction of our young core.

I cannot stress enough the importance of assistant coaches when hiring a guy like Therrien. MT will bring the emotion, now we need some solid "x and o" kind of guys who the players can use a a bridge to the coach.

Basically, I want another Kirk Muller type to help MT along.

BTW, is there confirmation that the deal is only 2 years? I dont like the coach, but I think MT's act can work well in a short term scenario. Of course, the danger is that he does too well, and gets an extension.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 10:08 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Only question is, at what game is Micheal goona bench PK Subban?

Old
06-05-2012, 10:09 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutabaga View Post
If you're seriously thinking that hiring that coach can be a good idea, then, you clearly have a problem in what your idea of the game is.
We didn't hire him....Bergevin did. So our GM has no idea what the game is all about. Great. Let's hire Gauthier back and hire Cunneyworth who cleary had more ideas in his sleeves.

As far as Pittsburgh is concerned, it might have to do with Crosby and Malkin being at the start of their career, Therrien getting the very first 2 years of Malkin in the process. Yet, Crosby best offensive season came under Therrien. And let's forget that Therrien 2nd season, he only had Crosby for 53 games. And it's surely because Therrien is not the best coach in the world, yet, we didn't have access to everybody. We should have went with Hartley but we didn't. Or Roy....or convince Lemaire but we didn't.

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
I cannot stress enough the importance of assistant coaches when hiring a guy like Therrien. MT will bring the emotion, now we need some solid "x and o" kind of guys who the players can use a a bridge to the coach.

BTW, is there confirmation that the deal is only 2 years? I dont like the coach, but I think MT's act can work well in a short term scenario. Of course, the danger is that he does too well, and gets an extension.
It's 3 years.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
deandebean

Quote:
You remember there was A LOT of friction between PK and Martin,especially when Martin benched him....it was getting bad.Bad enough to see these type of articles...
Now we got Nuke bomb Mike in the room? LOL yeah ok ...I don't think Micheal's "philosophy" is goona go over well with Subban....Will see shortly .

Why the Canadiens should keep P.K. Subban

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2012/...ep-p-k-subban/
Well, I hope you don't condone Subban's behaviour if those cases are true. I would have fired him on the spot if he were an employee. And I've been managing employees for along time. You don't act like you own the room. It creates a different set of rules for him. And in hockey (just like football), rules are made to be followed by everybody. Stars included. It's the nature of the game.

Old
06-05-2012, 10:10 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Only question is, at what game is Micheal goona bench PK Subban?
If Subban earns it, he needs to do it. If not, players will know who's the boss: Not the coach.

Old
06-05-2012, 10:11 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post

I agree. His assistants will be a testament to his supposed 'changed' mentality.

Old
06-05-2012, 10:13 PM
deandebean

So Crosby's father texted him?

Old
06-05-2012, 10:15 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
If Subban earns it, he needs to do it. If not, players will know who's the boss: Not the coach.
could you imagine Jacques Martin telling Bobby Orr not to make end to end rushes...and try to turn Orr into a solid defensive d man ...
He would,yes sir boy Bobby Orr in the press box . .

Well I don't know what Mr Therrien got planned , but as he says he does have something in store for PKSUbban.Let's be honest PK is a generational talent, these coaches are 2-3 years and gone ,there that bad.....DON'T FUP PKSUBBAN over lousy coaches...

Old
06-05-2012, 10:15 PM
HomaridII

Quote:
So Crosby's father texted him?
Crosby called him .. it was the first call he received. Crosby's father texted him.

That is what I understood he just said.

HomaridII is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 10:31 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychonaut View Post
Funny he's English is pretty good there.
Next time you should make sure not to make a mistake when talking about language skills.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 10:31 PM
Habsfan18

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
My favorite quote regarding Therrien:

One prominent unrestricted free agent I’ve spoken with since regular-season’s end could be a nice fit in Montreal at a decent price and would fill a Habs need.

But then I floated the name of Therrien among potential Canadiens coaches, a suggestion that drew 30 seconds of stone-cold silence. Finally:

“If that happens,” he said, “I’ve got 29 teams I can play for.”

http://www.montrealgazette.com/sport...#ixzz1wy89go1H

Awesome. He's already alienated players who aren't even on the team. This is going to be a difficult 2 years until he gets fired for a real coach. So disappointed. FML.
Doesn't surprise me. Hate hearing stuff like this, but what can you do..

As of right now, I absolutely hate this hire. Hopefully I'm proven wrong.