HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Who Do You Think The Injured King Is?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-04-2012, 10:47 AM
  #76
Sydor25
LA Kings
 
Sydor25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: North Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 21,829
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post
If Scuderi is injured, I wouldn't mind seeing Drewiske for a game.


If Brown is injured, I wouldn't mind seeing Clifford for a game. Clifford.....remember him?



Uh...No.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 11:38 AM
  #77
The Big Giant Head
Registered User
 
The Big Giant Head's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Slow Cal
Country: United States
Posts: 2,204
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post
If Scuderi is injured, I wouldn't mind seeing Drewiske for a game.


If Brown is injured, I wouldn't mind seeing Clifford for a game. Clifford.....remember him?
There is no way on gods green earth that you see Brown not play...Only way Brown doesnt play is if hes unable to walk and even then i wouldnt make any kind of guarantee . Guy is 100% heart...he wants to be the first Kings player ever to hoist that cup even if it means he loses a limb

The Big Giant Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 12:19 PM
  #78
lumbergh
Registered User
 
lumbergh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 1,481
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
If Muzzin comes into camp and outplays Scuderi and takes his job, then you can trade Scuderi. Trading Scuderi and giving his job to a rookie is a huge mistake. The Kings have zero cap issues and do not need the extra cap space during the off season.

You can never have too many defensemen in the NHL.
Wow! Every once in a while you read something on this board that makes total sense.

lumbergh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 12:29 PM
  #79
Capn Brown
Registered User
 
Capn Brown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,493
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25
If Muzzin comes into camp and outplays Scuderi and takes his job, then you can trade Scuderi. Trading Scuderi and giving his job to a rookie is a huge mistake. The Kings have zero cap issues and do not need the extra cap space during the off season.

Unless they're targeting BOTH Parise AND Suter on July 1st.

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 12:32 PM
  #80
Quattro
Registered User
 
Quattro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 3,869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post
Unless they're targeting BOTH Parise AND Suter on July 1st.


when did we become the Rangers?

Quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 12:38 PM
  #81
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 28,597
vCash: 500
Reading some of these comments has me thinking that fans sometimes just want to see change for the sake of change and nothing else.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 12:52 PM
  #82
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 10,584
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Reading some of these comments has me thinking that fans sometimes just want to see change for the sake of change and nothing else.
The Funny part is some of us use to get mad at Terry Murray for (Change)

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 02:51 PM
  #83
kingsholygrail
Hail HYDRA!
 
kingsholygrail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Derpifornia
Country: United States
Posts: 40,207
vCash: 500
I think it's also important that Brown stay in because he's the captain and he does more than just play on the ice. The guy is a leader.

Brown busts his ass while hurt. That's quite the image for his teammates.

kingsholygrail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 03:06 PM
  #84
Rorschach
33 #nottobedenied
 
Rorschach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 5,296
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
Yup. No one has a concussion, that is for sure, it's the zero tolerance era as far as concussions go in the NHL and NFL. Richards likely has a shoulder injury, would explain how he hasn't been taking as many draws and hasn't been able to shoot the puck very well.
Not even Gagne has a concussion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
If these injuries are big I expect an average performance next season. I think our wounded warriors need more time than October
That's no prob, we got so many young guys who could use a showcasing, let em take a well deserved break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
You also forgot to list their most important injury.

Mike Smith: bruised ego
Awesome.

I heard his stick will need some off season recovery as well.


Last edited by TonySCV: 06-04-2012 at 03:18 PM. Reason: merged posts
Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 03:18 PM
  #85
Rorschach
33 #nottobedenied
 
Rorschach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 5,296
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefarious View Post
Check this out. Watch that link of the post game show, and fast forward to 13:50 of the the video. Bob Miller says the Kings are "14 and 2," then there is laughter. It's probably due to something off camera, but it almost sounds like a taunt in some way.
He probably heard the A word again.

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 03:43 PM
  #86
Tonellisghost
CHILL WINSTON!
 
Tonellisghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: twillingate NFLD
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,722
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP View Post
I won't claim that I made these boards great, but the vitriol for any opinion other than happy talk of the posters who weren't around to understand how much heartache a few of us went through decades ago is ridiculous.

Apparently I'm not deserving of the ability to enjoy this success because I didn't buy into EVERY move without question.

If you weren't alive in the 60s, you won't understand, but the mantra was "Question everything" - I'll stick with that. It's not always the best course, but it is the prudent one.
Perfectly said and I couldn't agree more. Gone are the informed and even at times heated debates done with respect and replaced are half headed ridiculous uninformed jabs or at best only one opinion.

You, myself and several others but that's the way it is.

Tonellisghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 04:24 PM
  #87
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !
 
Puck U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Apple Valley, CA.
Country: United States
Posts: 8,140
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Perfectly said and I couldn't agree more. Gone are the informed and even at times heated debates done with respect and replaced are half headed ridiculous uninformed jabs or at best only one opinion. You, myself and several others but that's the way it is.
Come on Tonellisghost ... you know, I see you posting in the main forum a lot more ... and I see a ton of what you talk about there, so maybe you think it happens here in the Kings board a lot more than it actually does ? I admit I see a handful of posters that seem to enjoy nothing more than being the stick to stir the pot, but it's easily solved by placing people like that on ignore. It's a simple function to activate and even "old-non-techie-guys" like myself can figure out how to use it so I'm sure guys like yourself and PSP can as well, because you shouldn't be letting responses like that get to you so much that you can't enjoy your time reading and posting on this site.

Beyond that, you do have to admit sometimes the negative posts for negativity sake seemed to be everywhere, and that with the Kings recent success some of these posters have seemingly vanished, be it they can't admit they were wrong, don't want to eat crow, or simply ARE negative people and enjoy nothing more than to always look at the darkside of something and tell others "I told you so". Notice I obviously don't include you or even PSP within such cast of characters, because I don't believe you guys fall into that categorization, but sometimes people generalize too much and lump people into that crowd when they shouldn't. Personally I believe not a single person posting here will be happier to see the Kings finally lift the CUP and break all the long time suffering many of us have endured, than PSP, I bet he cries like a little baby for days on end after, and every time he'll see a highlight and/or toss in the 2012 Stanley Cup Champ DVD he will own at least TWO copies of ... come on Kings, win it for PSP, make him CRY !

Anyways ... my point is ... GO KINGS GO !!! we're all FANS ! let's do this ****! and bring it on home boys! damn the naysayers!

Puck U is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 04:37 PM
  #88
RAZZIE King
Registered redophile
 
RAZZIE King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: 3 Blocks From Hell
Country: United States
Posts: 14,207
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP View Post
If you weren't alive in the 60s, you won't understand, but the mantra was "Question everything" - I'll stick with that. It's not always the best course, but it is the prudent one.
Let's just say that despite what that lying piece of plastic in my wallet says...I'm STILL 39...

I barely qualify for the "alive in the 60s" though...

RAZZIE King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 10:07 PM
  #89
Tonellisghost
CHILL WINSTON!
 
Tonellisghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: twillingate NFLD
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,722
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck U View Post
Come on Tonellisghost ... you know, I see you posting in the main forum a lot more ... and I see a ton of what you talk about there, so maybe you think it happens here in the Kings board a lot more than it actually does ? I admit I see a handful of posters that seem to enjoy nothing more than being the stick to stir the pot, but it's easily solved by placing people like that on ignore. It's a simple function to activate and even "old-non-techie-guys" like myself can figure out how to use it so I'm sure guys like yourself and PSP can as well, because you shouldn't be letting responses like that get to you so much that you can't enjoy your time reading and posting on this site.

Beyond that, you do have to admit sometimes the negative posts for negativity sake seemed to be everywhere, and that with the Kings recent success some of these posters have seemingly vanished, be it they can't admit they were wrong, don't want to eat crow, or simply ARE negative people and enjoy nothing more than to always look at the darkside of something and tell others "I told you so". Notice I obviously don't include you or even PSP within such cast of characters, because I don't believe you guys fall into that categorization, but sometimes people generalize too much and lump people into that crowd when they shouldn't. Personally I believe not a single person posting here will be happier to see the Kings finally lift the CUP and break all the long time suffering many of us have endured, than PSP, I bet he cries like a little baby for days on end after, and every time he'll see a highlight and/or toss in the 2012 Stanley Cup Champ DVD he will own at least TWO copies of ... come on Kings, win it for PSP, make him CRY !

Anyways ... my point is ... GO KINGS GO !!! we're all FANS ! let's do this ****! and bring it on home boys! damn the naysayers!

Fair enough said Puck,

I will say that I am and have always been one of our bigger boosters and have yet to take a negative stand with the exception of debating that position with those who do.

I don't post here much and what I say on the main board is far from negative especially regarding us. Not saying that you said I was, just getting the record straight.

My position is that I miss allot of the guys who have left here over the past year or so and know that they left due to the few ankle biters who like nothing better than hassling people instead of adding substantive debate or even plain old team support. I do agree with you perfectly when you say that we are all fans of this team and no matter how old or long suffering I or anyone else is we all want the team to win the cup and will be equally happy if/when we do.

There is room for everyone on this waggon, always has been and that is what I have posted on this site most consistently for the past several years.

I would love to see pat (PSP) cry over our winning the cup though, no doubt tears of joy that is for sure.


GO KINGS GO!!!!!!!!


ONE MORE GAME TO THE CUP!!!!!

Tonellisghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 01:21 PM
  #90
Stupid Sexy Flanders
Registered User
 
Stupid Sexy Flanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,403
vCash: 500
Brown's injury is clearly right shoulder.

Slava seems to have a hip problem.

Scuderi probably knee or ankle.

Stupid Sexy Flanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 01:54 PM
  #91
Rorschach
33 #nottobedenied
 
Rorschach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 5,296
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck U View Post
Come on Tonellisghost ... you know, I see you posting in the main forum a lot more ... and I see a ton of what you talk about there, so maybe you think it happens here in the Kings board a lot more than it actually does ? I admit I see a handful of posters that seem to enjoy nothing more than being the stick to stir the pot, but it's easily solved by placing people like that on ignore. It's a simple function to activate and even "old-non-techie-guys" like myself can figure out how to use it so I'm sure guys like yourself and PSP can as well, because you shouldn't be letting responses like that get to you so much that you can't enjoy your time reading and posting on this site.

Beyond that, you do have to admit sometimes the negative posts for negativity sake seemed to be everywhere, and that with the Kings recent success some of these posters have seemingly vanished, be it they can't admit they were wrong, don't want to eat crow, or simply ARE negative people and enjoy nothing more than to always look at the darkside of something and tell others "I told you so". Notice I obviously don't include you or even PSP within such cast of characters, because I don't believe you guys fall into that categorization, but sometimes people generalize too much and lump people into that crowd when they shouldn't. Personally I believe not a single person posting here will be happier to see the Kings finally lift the CUP and break all the long time suffering many of us have endured, than PSP, I bet he cries like a little baby for days on end after, and every time he'll see a highlight and/or toss in the 2012 Stanley Cup Champ DVD he will own at least TWO copies of ... come on Kings, win it for PSP, make him CRY !

Anyways ... my point is ... GO KINGS GO !!! we're all FANS ! let's do this ****! and bring it on home boys! damn the naysayers!
And then, they hugged



Its happy time, winning fixes everything but this run is special and it goes beyond winning for all of us, all Kings fans posters here.

I'm so grateful to be here at this time, this moment.

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 09:36 PM
  #92
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 10,584
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Fair enough said Puck,

I will say that I am and have always been one of our bigger boosters and have yet to take a negative stand with the exception of debating that position with those who do.

I don't post here much and what I say on the main board is far from negative especially regarding us. Not saying that you said I was, just getting the record straight.

My position is that I miss allot of the guys who have left here over the past year or so and know that they left due to the few ankle biters who like nothing better than hassling people instead of adding substantive debate or even plain old team support. I do agree with you perfectly when you say that we are all fans of this team and no matter how old or long suffering I or anyone else is we all want the team to win the cup and will be equally happy if/when we do.

There is room for everyone on this waggon, always has been and that is what I have posted on this site most consistently for the past several years.

I would love to see pat (PSP) cry over our winning the cup though, no doubt tears of joy that is for sure.


GO KINGS GO!!!!!!!!


ONE MORE GAME TO THE CUP!!!!!
I know were you are coming from, But I have zero sympathy for people who CHOOSE to not post here.

That is their choice, They didn't have to stop posting here.

If they let a few posters run them off, well that is their choice.

I choose to grow some thick skin, or use the ignore feature. That is my choice. Their is still plenty of awesome people here to debate with(like yourself Tonell).

Herby and I, love to bash Lombardi. But we took our lumps just as good as we gave it. I have to credit Lombardi now (that stings)


Last edited by damacles1156: 06-05-2012 at 09:42 PM.
damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:58 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.