HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Therrien is new Habs coach

Old
06-05-2012, 09:32 PM
TwineSniper

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to TwineSniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
could you imagine Jacques Martin telling Bobby Orr not to make end to end rushes...and try to turn Orr into a solid defensive d man ...
He would,yes sir boy Bobby Orr in the press box . .

Well I don't know what Mr Therrien got planned , but as he says he does have something in store for PKSUbban.Let's be honest PK is a generational talent, these coaches are 2-3 years and gone ,there that bad.....DON'T FUP PKSUBBAN over lousy coaches...
Seriously, would you shut up!!

It took some time, but the WORST qualities of us as fans are rearing their ugly heads once again.

Judging a guy before he even steps behind the bench. Give him a ****ing chance! Oh wait..."We already did!!!" Yeah, 10 freaking years ago. Did you notice the caliber of team in front of him...

Contrary to popular belief, some people are capable of learning, growing, changing, alot can happen in 10 years. Do you still believe Nelson Mandella deserves to be in jail!?!? (extreme comparison I know)

Stuff like this makes me want to walk away from this site, and fans in general.

Count me on the side of willing to give him a chance, with careful emphasis on who's hired as assistants!

TwineSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 09:38 PM
MooseOllini
BobBarker

Kostitsyn left at the right time lol. Bourque prolly shat his pants today

MooseOllini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 09:38 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
My favorite quote regarding Therrien:

One prominent unrestricted free agent I’ve spoken with since regular-season’s end could be a nice fit in Montreal at a decent price and would fill a Habs need.

But then I floated the name of Therrien among potential Canadiens coaches, a suggestion that drew 30 seconds of stone-cold silence. Finally:

“If that happens,” he said, “I’ve got 29 teams I can play for.”

http://www.montrealgazette.com/sport...#ixzz1wy89go1H

Awesome. He's already alienated players who aren't even on the team. This is going to be a difficult 2 years until he gets fired for a real coach. So disappointed. FML.
Then that player can **** off.

"Boo hoo, I don't want to play for a coach that's going to yell at me when I screw up." Whoever that is needs to grow a pair.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 09:39 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanWhite53 View Post
Seriously, would you shut up!!

It took some time, but the WORST qualities of us as fans are rearing their ugly heads once again.

Judging a guy before he even steps behind the bench. Give him a ****ing chance! Oh wait..."We already did!!!" Yeah, 10 freaking years ago. Did you notice the caliber of team in front of him...

Contrary to popular belief, some people are capable of learning, growing, changing, alot can happen in 10 years. Do you still believe Nelson Mandella deserves to be in jail!?!? (extreme comparison I know)

Stuff like this makes me want to walk away from this site, and fans in general.

Count me on the side of willing to give him a chance, with careful emphasis on who's hired as assistants!
Hey Ryan, nice story ,but sorry .
I want to show you many like you , when Gauthier was hired...just remember never too late to come to your senses EARLY .

the day he(Gauthier) got hired , some quotes from Hf Hab fans angry with the negative ones,just like you are now with me .

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...r+hired&page=2

Quote:
You guys are incredible... Still whining about a guy who wasn't a stud like 15 years ago? He could have evolved, you know? At least wait a few months before passing a judgment.

Petit peuple, really

Quote:
Personally I think highly of Gauthier and I think he is the better person to succeed, but I just cant see him doing miracles just like getting rid of Gomez, an average second line center who is eating 7 millions on the cap..

Quote:
Come on the guy could make agreat job as our GM but m,any of you just write him off before he even start the guy seem to be able to handle the pressure at least.

Quote:
I'm sure he's better than Houle...You've got to give the guy a chance.
Quote:
To all the anti-Gauthier crew:

Name one available candidate who is more qualified?

I won't even throw the bilingual restraint on there, even though like it or not, it is.

Name one.

Lots of people whining, no one seems to have any better ideas.
Quote:
I remember Gauthier as the one who turned the Senators around.
Quote:
How awesome would it be if Gauthier turns out to be an aggressive, no-nonsense GM who wants to win and maintain a decent look at the future?

Let's just hope...

Quote:
Such panic over nothing:Gautier has tons of experience.

Quote:
You can agree or disagree with the Gauthier hiring, but he is 1,000,000 times better than Peanut Houle right out of beer sales.

Quote:
The one good thing about Gauthier is that he is not a rookie...

and is therefore not going to make rookie mistakes

Quote:
I see no reason why anyone would doubt Gauthier.....none whatsoever.....he did well everywhere he's been and has aged well...he will make us a find GM...and less of a "sit and wait" type that Gainey was....as much as I think Gainey did a good job after picking up a broken team that Peanut Houle had destroyed....

Quote:
Your problem is that you don't even let time for Pierre Gauthier to actually do something. Already judging someone negatively without even knowing what he's going to do. That's where you lose all credibility.

Quote:
It's not even been 2 hours for Pierre Gauthier and people are already saying that he sucks.

Sometimes I wish I would be born in another town to like another team

Last edited by Habaneros: 06-05-2012 at 09:47 PM.
Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 09:41 PM
Rockettrudel

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...195397&page=35

05-31-2012, 04:08
Rockettrudel

''I'm a friend of Michel in real life and when i talked to him about that his smile said it all. I believe there's 80% that hes gonna be the next coach.''

to me

Rockettrudel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 09:42 PM
Gaston Gingras

Empty Feelings

Last time I felt like this... the Gomez trade

Marc Bergein was making all the right moves until today. A couple weeks ago when Marc Bergevin was introduced as our new GM I was very excited, and hopeful that the habs may have finally turned a corner. These feelings of excitement were amplified with two management acquisitions that seemed to make sense. Everything today came crashing down with the signing of Michel Therrien. It doesn't make sense on so many levels to me. The signing is a problem that extends further than Therrien's inability to coach... but it has provided evidence that Bergevin may not be the right guy for the job. If this is the case, we will be seeing yet another 5-10 years of mediocrity. As a fan, I will support this team through thick and thin... and I will cheer against all odds that somehow Therrien wins over the team, and is successful. However, I honestly just have an absolutely horrible feeling about Therrien, and I now have already began to question Bergevin as an executive.

I think that was our only chance to get Roy. Now I see Patrick Roy with Washington or Québec or... doing an amazing job....too bad
that mistake will come back to haunt us

Gaston Gingras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 09:44 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Quote:
Hey Ryan, nice story ,but sorry .
I want to show you many like you , when Gauthier was hired...just remember never to late to come to your senses EARLY .

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...r+hired&page=2

the day he(Gauthier) got hired , some quote from Hf Hab fans ...

Dude you are on HF boards no matter what happen some people will be against and some will be happy. Why the **** do you bring thread like that.

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 09:45 PM
Vasculio
Booya !

Therrien was having some success with Carbo as an assistant, and when Carbo left, he went downward... I wouldn't mind him back in that capacity, he can calm Therrien if need be.

Vasculio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 09:49 PM
Vasculio
Booya !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockettrudel View Post

Rockettrudel

''I'm a friend of Michel in real life and when i talked to him about that his smile said it all. I believe there's 80% that hes gonna be the next coach.''

to me
Need attention ?

Vasculio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 09:49 PM
Rutabaga

@Whitesnake :

I did not said that he had no idea about the game. We dont know that yet.
I said that i think that his vision of the game is a problem. And i do think so after such a decision. That can change, after all, its just one decision. But its not looking good at all.

I can understand that its a risky move to pick an anglophone coach.
Playing it safe just to please to the medias and keep some people happy cant be a good thing.

In 18 months, he'll have to fire him, without having made any significant progress, and without the support of the medias this time. Yeah, thats going to work out very well for him.

Why didnt he pick a rookie coach ? At least you dont know if the guy is terrible...and there is quite a chance, actually, its basically sure that this coach would be a better option than Therrien.

Well, there is Cunneyworths and Hunters out there, but picking twice in a row the wrong number is very unfortunate.

But i think you know that this is more than Therrien.

(And for the record :
Malkin and Crosby were maybe at the start of their career, but they already were 100-points players. They also had players like Malone, Gonchar (still performing), Sykora and a rental Hossa.

Im sure that Bylsma would love to have Crosby for more than 50 games. They maybe were at the beginning of their career, but it was also an advantage cap-wise, for the rest of the team...
Not perfect, but you have to admit that it was at the very least a solid team, able to outplay the opposition.

Despite having these players, Pittsburgh was 27th in puck possession, 26th in shots for at ES, 26th in shots against at ES during that season. They were massively (at least +10) outshot more than 20 times. The year before was slightly better, but still quite negative, so its not an anomaly, and especially not when you see the difference between Therrien's Pens and Bylsma's.

The players of the team are almost irrelevant when you're dominated that badly, it just means that you're not good enough as a coach.
And when you consider the players he got ? )

Rutabaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 09:52 PM
Dharvey33

He looks like a godfather i'm sure he has tides with organized crime. The big gold watch the way he speaks, just like i think Guy Boucher already murdered a man in his life, i'm sure Therrien is in some shady business.

Look at the eyes and the scar on the face of Boucher, that man is insane for real i'm sure the scar is a result of man bite.

Dharvey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 09:52 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
Dude you are on HF boards no matter what happen some people will be against and some will be happy. Why the **** do you bring thread like that.
Why?
Because the VERY SAME quotes people are saying them TODAY with Therrien as they we're with the Gauthier hire TRYING TO FIGHT DENIAL.......Very Ironic .bla bla bla lol it's actually a great big circle.

"Let's give Therrien a chance, cause he might have changed"....
Yes "let's give Gauthier a chance he could have changed"...

Your problem is that you don't even let time for Pierre Gauthier to actually do something. Already judging someone negatively without even knowing what he's going to do. That's where you lose all credibility.

Your problem is that you don't even let time for Micheal Therrien to actually do something. Already judging someone negatively without even knowing what he's going to do. That's where you lose all credibility.

It's not even been 2 hours for Pierre Gauthier and people are already saying that he sucks.
It's not even been 2 hours for Micheal Therrien and people are already saying that he sucks

Old
06-05-2012, 09:53 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
I'm warming up to him.

But really, they could hire Hitler and I'd still cheer for the team.
Doesn't speak french.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 09:55 PM
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau

vCash: 50
Quote:

Rockettrudel

to me
You remind me of an ouroboros, but not for its meaning.

Jee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 09:58 PM
DJ Breadman

Terrible hire, PG still pulling the strings behind the scenes?

DJ Breadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 09:58 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Quote:
Why?
Because the VERY SAME quotes people are saying them TODAY with Therrien as they we;re with the Gauthier hire.......very Ironic .

"Let's give Therrien a chance, cause he might have changed"....
Yes "let's give Gauthier a chance he could have changed"...bla bla bla lol it actually a great big circle.
¨Gauthier suck blablabla **** this organization ¨

¨ Therrien suck blablabla **** this organization ¨

¨ The guy we draft suck **** this organization ¨

¨ Timmins suck blablablab **** this organization ¨

¨ Subban suck balablabla **** this organization ¨

Do I have to continue??

Old
06-05-2012, 10:00 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:

Do I have to continue??

20 year no cups, says what you need to know..No need to continue..

Will be 23 years after this run with MT...The one's upset from day 1 with Martin Gauthier hire was right ....the one's upset today day 1 with the Therrien TIME MACHINE re hire are right ...

Paul Maurice didn't do jack for Canes second time around .

Last edited by Habaneros: 06-05-2012 at 10:06 PM.
Old
06-05-2012, 10:08 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Quote:
20 year no cups, says what you need to know..No need to continue..

Will be 23 after this run ...The one's upset from day 1 with Martin Gauthier hire was right ....the one's upset today day 1 with the Therrien TIME MACHINE re hire are right ...

Paul Maurice didn't do jack for Canes second time around .
LOL I can do nothing for you if you think you know the future.

St Louis Blues, Hitchcock? I guess you saw that coming too?

It's easy to hate all summer long on Therrien and disapear when thing will go well and show when we suck

Typical Montreal!

Old
06-05-2012, 10:12 PM
Bloumeister
Certifiable

Quote:
could you imagine Jacques Martin telling Bobby Orr not to make end to end rushes...and try to turn Orr into a solid defensive d man ...

Well I don't know what Mr Therrien got planned , but as he says he does have something in store for PKSUbban.Let's be honest PK is a generational talent, these coaches are 2-3 years and gone ,there that bad.....DON'T FUP PKSUBBAN over lousy coaches...
I like PK. Most of the posters here do. He's got the tools to be very good... but 'generational talent'?

He's a 'toro braid' (), sure, but the next Bobby Orr?

Bloumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 10:13 PM
deandebean

Quote:

Bobby Orr was not a slacker during team meetings and showed up all the time. He was the hardest worker during practices. Comparing arguably the best player that ever played the game to a dude that has never had more than 40 points or so in a season is ridiculous.

PK is ooozing talent. But coming from EVERY PLAYER, including Hall Gill, who protected him, the kid needs to grow up a bit. Missing team meetings galore is not a sign of a guy with a ton of maturity.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 10:14 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

When Therrien and Marc said today!(GM and coach and owner already off the same page)

Did they (MB and MT)say today at MT press conference, they just wanted to make playoffs and see what happens CORRECT?

Now here is what our GM Molson said recently!
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2012/...erre_gauthier/

Quote:
"Just qualifying for the playoffs cannot be our goal or our standard. Not for our team, not for this organization. This organization going forward must set its sights on competing for the game's ultimate prize every season. No lesser standard should be accepted. Our fans and our tradition demand nothing less than this."

Old
06-05-2012, 10:20 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
Bobby Orr was not a slacker during team meetings and showed up all the time. He was the hardest worker during practices. Comparing arguably the best player that ever played the game to a dude that has never had more than 40 points or so in a season is ridiculous.

PK is ooozing talent. But coming from EVERY PLAYER, including Hall Gill, who protected him, the kid needs to grow up a bit. Missing team meetings galore is not a sign of a guy with a ton of maturity.
LOL ....let me find the quote from SUbban where he is quoted saying his SCORING IS NOT IMPORTANT.........yes who was putting that in his head?

You know?

Last edited by Habaneros: 06-05-2012 at 10:29 PM.
Old
06-05-2012, 10:21 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:

Do I have to continue??
Not really, because if the same poster said all that, we'd all have an opinion of them already.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 10:22 PM
shutehinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Doesn't speak french.
Touché. Well played sir, well played.

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Then that player can **** off.

"Boo hoo, I don't want to play for a coach that's going to yell at me when I screw up." Whoever that is needs to grow a pair.
Or maybe Therrien is a terrible coach who players don't like. Carlyle and Beaudreu are known as tough coaches but you don't hear any players past or present making the numerous comments that players are making in regards to Therrien. I've actually not heard a single complimentary comment from any player towards this hire, only negative. Maybe guys whove played for him know him a bit better than you or I and their comments speak volumes to how he alienates his locker room.

This will end badly. Not being melodramatic but this is not a good hire. I truly hope he was hired as a stop gap until a better coach becomes available next year or the year after. Given the dry candidate list, this is the only thing that makes sense. Hire a bad coach who players hate until a better coach can come along and take over once the players turn on Therrien and will be united. We've seen it time and time again. I hope this is how it plays out.

For future reference, we are not a 28th placed team. We will have a better record next year, no doubt. Even if we had no coach, we'll have a better record. This does not mean he's a good coach! Were not a 28th team to begin with. So please, I don't want to hear he coached us to a better record unless we're first overall. At that point I will concede he did a great job. Until that happens, this sucks.

shutehinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 10:25 PM
larek

Quote:

Rockettrudel

to me
LOL-- I knew. Like 95 % 2 weeks ago

larek is offline   Reply With Quote