HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

If and when Comrie is traded, will there be another player involved

Closed Thread

Old
11-25-2003, 09:17 PM
woody

vCash: 500
If and when Comrie is traded, will there be another player involved

My guess is yes. I think that player will be Semenov.

I could see it as 2 for 2 deal.

Comrie and Semenov for top 2 d-man and forward prospect

Who would you see package in a deal if any?

Old
11-25-2003, 09:24 PM
Walsher

If it means that the Oilers get something more than just prospects in return I hope so. If the report is true of Lowe lowering expectations in return than maybe it will be necessary to sweeten the pot to get a good return. I find those reports somewhat bogus - why would Lowe lower expectations when the team is playing its best hockey and with Oates ready to step in? Doesn't make sense. I think he will still get good value in trade. Otherwise all of the Oates hype will have gone for not.

Old
11-25-2003, 09:27 PM
elphy101

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody
My guess is yes. I think that player will be Semenov.

I could see it as 2 for 2 deal.

Comrie and Semenov for top 2 d-man and forward prospect

Who would you see package in a deal if any?
I sure as hell hope not. The one player/prospect that I would hate to see traded is Semenov. My god, imagine how bad that could burn the Oilers. A top notch young center capable of 40 goals having already scored 30 in a year. And a top notch young defensemen that I believe will be a stud in the NHL in a couple of years. That deal scares the hell out of me.

Old
11-25-2003, 09:41 PM
woody

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphy101
I sure as hell hope not. The one player/prospect that I would hate to see traded is Semenov. My god, imagine how bad that could burn the Oilers. A top notch young center capable of 40 goals having already scored 30 in a year. And a top notch young defensemen that I believe will be a stud in the NHL in a couple of years. That deal scares the hell out of me.
Agreed, I just don't understand what is going on with the lack of playing time for him. Plus I still think that Semenov has high trade value.

This is the type of deal that Lowe might be holding out for?

Comrie and Semenov for Mara and Taffe

It would help both teams now and the future.

Old
11-25-2003, 09:45 PM
Walsher

What happened to the Comrie + for Legwand and Hamhuis deal that was reportedly close a couple days ago? The only deal that came close IMO. Good Young Centerman - Good Young D-man. I almost cried when Nashville drafted Hamhuis right before Edmonton and was even more distraught that they drafted a kid with a womans name like Ales. Thank god it worked out but I watched Hamhuis play in the WHL and he was incredible. Please get something like that done. Enough of the Lupul, Perry, Stefan, garbage talk. We need good return and tey are not it.

Old
11-25-2003, 10:01 PM
woody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walsher
What happened to the Comrie + for Legwand and Hamhuis deal that was reportedly close a couple days ago? The only deal that came close IMO. Good Young Centerman - Good Young D-man. I almost cried when Nashville drafted Hamhuis right before Edmonton and was even more distraught that they drafted a kid with a womans name like Ales. Thank god it worked out but I watched Hamhuis play in the WHL and he was incredible. Please get something like that done. Enough of the Lupul, Perry, Stefan, garbage talk. We need good return and tey are not it.
I like that deal too. I think we both agree Comrie straight up for impact player just won't happen, you need to add someone with value(my guess Semenov). I also do not want to see any mid ranged prospect as the key return for Comrie.

Old
11-26-2003, 01:18 AM
Meanashell11

I really do not see any d-man included in a package with comrie unless its ferguson. We need a stud d-man and are not going to give up one. Think back two years ago when the Islanders traded a stud d-man (Chara) and a pick. Low does not want to be the Isles.

Old
11-26-2003, 04:12 AM
Oiltalk

Why would Lowe get rid of a dman just to take one back? How many defenceman are in the Oilers system that look to be shoeins for the next few years? I can only think of 7, which is pretty scary.

Wouldn't it make more sense to add a forward in any trade? To me it makes more sense to get rid of the excess(forwards) before the shortage.(dman)

I'd like to see Comrie, Laraque/Chimera/Rita gone in a deal for a top 3 dman and good prospect with picks to even out the deal. I really don't see how Laraque fits with the Oilers anymore.

Old
11-26-2003, 06:38 AM
momentai

If this happens, I think most Oiler fans around here will be very upset with Kevin Lowe as a GM. With this team being as poor as it is with regards to high quality young dmen... to give one up cannot be an option. Hopefully, this is common sense to the Oilers as well.

Old
11-26-2003, 08:17 AM
USC Trojans
AD

I wouldn't trade away Semenov yet....I have a feeling that if we do, it'll become another Chara situation.

Old
11-26-2003, 08:47 AM
Cowboy

Send a message via MSN to Cowboy Send a message via Yahoo to Cowboy
I think if they were even considering trading semenov, they would be playing him, trying to showcase him a bit, but they haven't, so i doubt he's going anywhere. Maybe they are playing fergy a bunch trying to prove to other teams that he is a reliable dman capable of playing every night. Just a thought,

Closed Thread