HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Therrien is new Habs coach

Old
06-05-2012, 11:24 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan View Post
Still, not a generational talent. Just to get the bigger picture, can you name us some generational talent other than Lemieux, Gretzky and Orr?

we're goona need to talk 5-10 years from now ok ....until then let's watch it because it a very special thing .
What he can do if allowed , or what he is forced into doing is two totally different things....Much like you got a 600 hp Corvette but ,you got a rev limiter on it so you can only access 350 hp....
That sums up JM trying to limit PK .....I hope MT let's him go , but i have big doubt's...

They need to let him be his own ....i don't need to see 1991 put in PK Subban ..he is a trail blazer ...

Last edited by Habaneros: 06-05-2012 at 11:30 PM.
Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 11:25 PM
groovejuice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan View Post
Still, not a generational talent. Just to get the bigger picture, can you name us some generational talent other than Lemieux, Gretzky and Orr?
The Rocket

groovejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 11:25 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
What is this your Therrien mind game? no thanks.

As for your sayin PK isn't generational , i think he is and your wrong .Show me 10 d men players like PK Subban in today's game......you won't find it .He is very UNIQUE,so unique it freaks the old school coaches out ,and they want to change his game(tone it down) cause they got no IDEA ....

As for Hall Gill i really like him and got a ton of respect for him from his time with the Habs , but what does a self professed pylon like him know about how to best develop a high end rushing dman? sorry Hal know's shut down defense ..

Like what does a NFL defense coordinator know about running an NfL high power offense??? Hal Gill know's shutdown defense , not how to best tune what PK SUBBAN got under his hood or how it should be tuned or how best it should be run.

As for your thought on PK, HE SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO SHINE ....be himself ...not put in some cookie cutter mold to become like the rest..You do that with reg dmen , not PK SUBBAN ,Paul Coffey ,Bobby Orr types etc ...

Bobby Orr wasn't a legend after year 2, take a break .Subban got 15 more yrs ahead.
Bobby Orr was already a SUPERSTAR as a rookie: biggest contract for a rookie player, Calder Trophy, went on to become the BEST scoring defenceman in the history of the league in his 4th season...

I repeat: comparing the BEST player to ever have played the game (in the opinion of a lot of his peers) to a guy that misses team meetings galore (if the reports are true) is blasphemy. And I like PK. But if what Gauthier reports is true, he needs to get his act together. Or he'll end up being Bryan Fogarty (guess you're too young to remember him, huh?) without the drugs.

deandebean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 11:27 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperUnknown View Post
You're being melodramatic... Darche, Robidas and Talbot all had good words for Therrien, plus Crosby called him to congratulate him. There are others as well but these are the NHL players I heard from today that said they liked playing under Therrien.
Imagine how close those small groups of French players/staff must have been during their time(s) together. Would you expect any of them to go out of their way to say anything bad about each other?

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 11:29 PM
SuperUnknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Imagine how close those small groups of French players/staff must have been during their time(s) together. Would you expect any of them to go out of their way to say anything bad about each other?
Yeah it's a big great conspiracy...

SuperUnknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 11:29 PM
deandebean

Quote:
I think Subban starting out as rough as it has been for him with 2 near 40 point season in today's game is excellent start.Bobby Orr never started scoring 120 pts a year in his first 3 years ok...

Subban is just getting started, and will all see what a beast he turns into be it in Montreal or elsewhere.
PK is his own style , he'll go down as one of the best and likely change some parts of the game with it .
PK can be 'his own style', yes. But he needs to be TEAM first. Which he doesn't seem to be according to reports.

That being said, I agree with you that he's a special talent, and Therrien did mention it tonight.

deandebean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 11:31 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Seems like shutehinside watched and listened to the wrong channels. All the day on radio and on tv it was former Therrien players giving him props.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 11:35 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Seems like shutehinside watched and listened to the wrong channels. All the day on radio and on tv it was former Therrien players giving him props.
If you pick the right players some would praise Gauthier.....

Some praise the worse villains in the world....doesn't say a lot ...lol

I bet there's a few Habs players like Darche that would praise Martin like you wouldn't believe...then you got Gill /Spacek and a boat load of others ,who call him down to the ground ...

Old
06-05-2012, 11:35 PM
nhlfan9191

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
He's not the most liked coach. The fact that Sid the Kid called him though, and the fact that Sid's FATHER texted him speaks volume of what some of the big time players for the Pens thought of him, though. Maybe Sid ain't a fan of Bylsma's style? Likes the intense ones better? Who knows...

Anybody hear Renaud Lavoie tonight? Man, he sounded like a fanboy for Sid in Montreal. That was awkward.
Who said anything about Sid not liking Byslma. Just because he called Therrian to congratulate him means that Crosby doesn't like something about Bylsma and likes Therrian better? His career hit a new peak when Michel was kicked outta Pittsburgh in 2009. This is an awful hiring for our habs.

nhlfan9191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 11:38 PM
Vsevolod Bobrov
Burn the boats !

Vsevolod Bobrov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 11:40 PM
Hugo Sham

i don't know if this was already posted early by lavoie wrote a blog about Crosby liking therrien and bergevin best buddies with his agent brisson...for what it's all freakin' worth

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 11:41 PM
Vsevolod Bobrov
Burn the boats !

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
i don't know if this was already posted early by lavoie wrote a blog about Crosby liking therrien and bergevin best buddies with his agent brisson...for what it's all freakin' worth
zOMG CRYSBY 2 MOTNREALZ !!!11!!1

Vsevolod Bobrov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 11:41 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
go on camera with Wayne Gretzky and ask him to say bad things about coaches in NHL...lol
I think Sids the same way.....sure he will call down the other teams fans, but when was last time you heard Crosby call down coaches of his former?There is guy's coached by Gretzky that if ask behind closed doors off record ,would answer different if on record.....

Does Sid really like Micheal ? possible not sayin that isn't true ....But some players got political correctness on camera on mic .

Old
06-05-2012, 11:45 PM
Seedling
Fan level 7?

vCash: 50
You speak French and you coach? HIRED! Brutal. Totally second or third choice.

Seedling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 11:48 PM
Til the End of Time

pens fan here. i don't know much about therrien's previous tenure in montreal, but i can say he deserves a significant amount of credit for turning the penguins into a contender and eventual championship club.

people forget therrien took over for an absolutely dreadful, DREADFUL head coach in eddie olcyzk-- one of the worst head coaches in recent memory. the team therrien took over had literally no system in place-- the penguins were completely lost in their own zone, most goals allowed in the league, with no accountability. the entire atmosphere around the penguins organization was that of a losing, lottery hockey club.

therrien was the one that helped turn this around. under him the pens defense became a huge strength, and the penguins organization went from being perennial losers to perennial contenders. i really believe people in pittsburgh and everywhere underestimate how difficult it can be to get rid of that losing mentality that an organization can become mired in.

i understand his act has a shelf-life and players eventually tune him out. but that'll happen with nearly any coach. in pittsburgh we are seeing what it's like to have a "players coach" at the helm for several years, and it's the shine is starting to wear off of bylsma.

again, i dont know what exactly happened when he was last in montreal, but his track record in pittsburgh indicates he's a pretty good nhl coach. without therrien, the penguins don't win the cup.

Til the End of Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 11:48 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seedling View Post
just wonderin if the Crawford legal stuff today had any thing to do with final decisions?
This would seems it could be a distraction especially in Montreal .
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle4233864/

According to Lebrun it was very very very close call between Craw vs MT... Berg picked MT .

Old
06-05-2012, 11:49 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
If you pick the right players some would praise Gauthier.....

Some praise the worse villains in the world....doesn't say a lot ...lol

I bet there's a few Habs players like Darche that would praise Martin like you wouldn't believe...then you got Gill /Spacek and a boat load of others ,who call him down to the ground ...
But in his post the guy said "nobody will say good things about Therrien". On TVA Sports BGL and Dave Morrisette that had him for coach were all enthousiastic about him. BGL won the Memorial Cup with him. There was also Bouillon who talked about him, Maxim Talbot. When they asked Talbot if Therrien failed when Byslema succeeded Talbot's exact words were:"are you kidding? we were a last place team and he brought us the Stanley Cup finals!". And he was pretty passionate in his words and was happy for him.

Old
06-05-2012, 11:50 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seedling View Post
After Roy and Hartley? Sure. But he was the best remaining coach after them regardless of language.

Old
06-06-2012, 12:01 AM
Jimmym007

Like it or not, guy's coming in with some confidence

Jimmym007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 12:02 AM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
now just imagine how other players (UFA) are thinking the same .

Will have Darche or a clone of him on top lines again yes....
Please don't say that even if you are kidding. The thought of having that awful plug even in the lineup is a nightmare. No more Darche again, the guy is worst NHL player in the last 50 years.........

Hope MT2 is better than that.

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 12:03 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
But in his post the guy said "nobody will say good things about Therrien". On TVA Sports BGL and Dave Morrisette that had him for coach were all enthousiastic about him. BGL won the Memorial Cup with him. There was also Bouillon who talked about him, Maxim Talbot. When they asked Talbot if Therrien failed when Byslema succeeded Talbot's exact words were:"are you kidding? we were a last place team and he brought us the Stanley Cup finals!". And he was pretty passionate in his words and was happy for him.
Well no surprise two former jr player are showering him with praise, and we can assume there's more than a handful of potential UFA who just marked Montreal off the destination list, so that hurts more...lol

BGL would trash Jacques Martin so would Andre ROy...they both have.Matt Darche would praise him like crazy ....it all depends...

An un drafted Boullion owes a lot to Therrien for getting him to NHL ,Therrien got him a look ......there is a story there.

Old
06-06-2012, 12:03 AM
76ftw

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB View Post
Please don't say that even if you are kidding. The thought of having that awful plug even in the lineup is a nightmare. No more Darche again, the guy is worst NHL player in the last 50 years.........

Hope MT2 is better than that.
Okay come on now. Darche is a good, hard working 4th liner.

76ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 12:08 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperUnknown View Post
Yeah it's a big great conspiracy...
No, it's called being close, ethnically connected friends living/working together outside their culture. I experienced it as an Anglo-Whitey living in Japan. Surely you know of people like this, and how close the bond between similar people in similar situations can be. What else would you expect a close friend to say, and would one go out of their way to say something bad about another? That's the rhetorical question I pose to you.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 12:10 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76ftw View Post
Okay come on now. Darche is a good, hard working 4th liner.

did we finish last ?

Old
06-06-2012, 12:11 AM
FinnHab

Sutter was canned by Flames and now he is verge on winning cup. All coaches has up and downs during career. Let the acts speak themselves...

FinnHab is offline   Reply With Quote