HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Quotes that had Nashville radio talking this morning (re: Hal Gill).

Old
06-05-2012, 02:39 PM
Prederator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
so if the choices for next season are signing Cube or Gill, at roughly the same money, who do you sign?
Bouillon without a doubt. The guys in the Eastern Conference laughed when we picked up Gill, especially at the price we paid.

Prederator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 02:51 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Yeah...injuries or not, the fact we gave up 1st and 2nd rounders for not very much production stings. If/when Suter leaves, it'll hurt more.
It will be totally forgotten if Poile finds a keeper with one of the multitude of lower round picks he has.

We were highly unlikely to get sure fire stud with either of the picks we traded. We might rue this trad if the pipeline is empty in 3 years but I am willling to bet that in 2015 we arent looking back kicking ourselves over those lost picks.

I dont remember us suffering from losing the pick we gave up for Witt, and I doubt we will suffer from these

PredsV82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 12:56 AM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
I dont remember us suffering from losing the pick we gave up for Witt, and I doubt we will suffer from these
Girioux was taken 1 spot before the Witt 1st rounder. Yes technically we couldn't have taken him. But if we are playing hindsight, it likely would not have cost much to move up a couple of spots form the 23rd pick.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 10:17 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

He did say that the exit interview was positive and that he and the club are going to try to work something out. Do you guys expect they will? Or do you expect they won't?

06-06-2012, 10:33 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
He did say that the exit interview was positive and that he and the club are going to try to work something out. Do you guys expect they will? Or do you expect they won't?
I wouldn't think so.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 10:46 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
Girioux was taken 1 spot before the Witt 1st rounder. Yes technically we couldn't have taken him. But if we are playing hindsight, it likely would not have cost much to move up a couple of spots form the 23rd pick.
Except knowing Poile, he wouldn't have bothered with a flashy winger from the OHL, and would have opted for the "safer" two-way defenseman, Dennis Persson anyway

It's ridiculous to gripe about draft pick trades that didn't pan out. Witt was the best defenseman available that deadline, we were in another "go for it" year, and we paid the going rate.

Did AK work out and win us a cup? Did Gaustad? Did Gill?

No, but it doesn't make them bad trades.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 10:46 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Poile says that Gill, Bouillon, and Hillen are all on hold until the Suter situation is resolved one way or another.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 02:12 PM
Prederator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post
Poile says that Gill, Bouillon, and Hillen are all on hold until the Suter situation is resolved one way or another.
I think Suter told Poile last week he wants to test free agency, hence the silence this week. Also, my bet is Poile is trying to trade his negotiation rights and will announce something as soon as he gets a pick for them.

Old
06-06-2012, 02:59 PM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prederator View Post
I think Suter told Poile last week he wants to test free agency, hence the silence this week. Also, my bet is Poile is trying to trade his negotiation rights and will announce something as soon as he gets a pick for them.
If that's the case why is there talk of more contract negotiations? That was the word from Cooper. If Suter wants to test free agency he wouldn't be wasting Poile's time or his own. The fact that Poile went to Wisconsin tells me he's doing everything to keep Suter here.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 03:03 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
I doubt it, but I hope so. At a reasonable price, Gill is the kind of guy a team could use one of two of. You can't go wrong with a cheap, veteran depth defenseman that is a rock defensively, has great leadership skills, and his name on the cup.

If Suter leaves, we'll have cash. Why not, throw 2 mil/1 year at him?

Top 6 Spaling is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 03:20 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post
Poile can only handle one thing at once. When asked in the middle of the offseason last year whether he'd been in touch with Rinne or Suter's agent about a contract extension he said "I've been focused on Weber's arbitration".

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 03:28 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
Poile can only handle one thing at once. When asked in the middle of the offseason last year whether he'd been in touch with Rinne or Suter's agent about a contract extension he said "I've been focused on Weber's arbitration".
While I get what you're saying, why the rush? I dont care if Poile signs Suter at 11:59AM Eastern July 1 as long as he signs him.

Old
06-06-2012, 03:33 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
While I get what you're saying, why the rush? I dont care if Poile signs Suter at 11:59AM Eastern July 1 as long as he signs him.
The faster the main domino falls, the more prepared we are to get the next ones in order.

Sadly, I don't think Suter is coming back, which makes the Gill situation more interesting.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 02:29 PM
Prederator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustlechuck24 View Post
The faster the main domino falls, the more prepared we are to get the next ones in order.

Sadly, I don't think Suter is coming back, which makes the Gill situation more interesting.
For what it is worth, Cooper mentioned in his chat today that he doesn't think Gill will be back. Too old.

And in Poiles's comments today no mention of Gill. Too many good defensive prospects coming up, including Ekholm and even Blum. Good luck with those two being NHL ready out of the chute. He had high hopes for Ekholm, Blum and Laakso at the beginning of last season too. That worked out well.

Old
06-07-2012, 02:39 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
For what it is worth, Cooper mentioned in his chat today that he doesn't think Gill will be back. Too old.

And in Poiles's comments today no mention of Gill. Too many good defensive prospects coming up, including Ekholm and even Blum. Good luck with those two being NHL ready out of the chute. He had high hopes for Ekholm, Blum and Laakso at the beginning of last season too. That worked out well.
To be fair, if we lose Suter, Tootoo, Gill, AK, Gaustad, and Radulov, plus not signing Parise, we might as well play them anyways because we sure arent making the playoffs.

Old
06-07-2012, 03:19 PM
Prederator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
To be fair, if we lose Suter, Tootoo, Gill, AK, Gaustad, and Radulov, plus not signing Parise, we might as well play them anyways because we sure arent making the playoffs.
Suter is gone. Rads is gone. AK is gone.

Gill probably gone. Gaustad is playing cat and mouse and will be difficult to sign. Parise will never sign with Nashville, especially if Suter is gone.

So yes, there will probably be some opportunity on this team next season. But playing a lot of Blum and Ekholm, and even Ellis will not help this team develop. It will be very frustrating to watch.

In the wake of these defections and not signing the guys he traded for, Poile's late season moves this year now really look foolish.

Old
06-07-2012, 05:18 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Suter is gone. Rads is gone. AK is gone.

Gill probably gone. Gaustad is playing cat and mouse and will be difficult to sign. Parise will never sign with Nashville, especially if Suter is gone.

So yes, there will probably be some opportunity on this team next season. But playing a lot of Blum and Ekholm, and even Ellis will not help this team develop. It will be very frustrating to watch.

In the wake of these defections and not signing the guys he traded for, Poile's late season moves this year now really look foolish.
gill, gaustad and even ak were rentals, period. werent going to be preds next year, no matter what.(well, maybe AK but I doubt it)

jury is still out on suter

until february of this year rads was never coming back anyway.

if somehow suter comes back this team will be exactly where we planned to be heading into next fall..

PredsV82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 06:18 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Gaustad is the only one I would like but there are a role player like guys on the team now.

Gill, too old.
AK, too drinky
Rads, too.....stupid isn't right....flighty?

Weber Suter make a gamble for Parise. After that, who knows.

BigFatCat999 is online now   Reply With Quote