HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Therrien is new Habs coach

Old
06-06-2012, 12:12 AM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 76ftw View Post
Okay come on now. Darche is a good, hard working 4th liner.
yea right.....I give you the hard working part, as for good???....no way, he is really bad.

the only qualities he has are:

1. french
2. hard working

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 12:15 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnHab View Post
Sutter was canned by Flames and now he is verge on winning cup. All coaches has up and downs during career. Let the acts speak themselves...
Is there a link for the I believe in Mike Therrin tee shirts?

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 12:18 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB View Post
yea right.....I give you the hard working part, as for good???....no way, he is really bad.

the only qualities he has are:

1. french
2. hard working
Just remember we're only 2pts out

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 12:56 AM
Vsevolod Bobrov
Burn the boats !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmym007 View Post
Like it or not, guy's coming in with some confidence
lmao

Vsevolod Bobrov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 01:24 AM
FinnHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
Is there a link for the I believe in Mike Therrin tee shirts?

I believe him and Mr Bergevin. As fans, what other choice we have? Abandon our team or what? MT is now our coach, crying and *****ing doesn`t change that fact. If he fails, he get canned. Its that simple.

FinnHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 01:57 AM
Mr. Hab

Who will be the coach AFTER Michel Therrien gets fired?

Mario Tremblay...again? (bring back Rejean Houle, too!).

Montreal Canadiens = Nordiques?
(who cares if he can do the job just hire french Quebecois...hire a ****ing translator...as long as you hire the best coach for the job...example a young Bowman...if he's out there?!).

I liked everything about Bergevin...and now he takes a **** on Hab fans by bringing back this Therrien clown.

The only french Quebecois I'd take for our Habs as coach...
Jacques Lemaire
Guy Boucher (we have to wait another 2-3 years?)
Vigneault
(again? not even sure about that...).
Roy (maybe as goalie coach, but his pride wouldn't accept such a role...and not sure he'd be ready as coach...he might be perfect for Les Nordiques though).

So depressed when I heard Therrien was hired...
Where are we? Quebec City?

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 06-06-2012 at 03:10 AM.
Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 02:01 AM
BLASPHEMOUS
**** THE KING

vCash: 447
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnHab View Post
Sutter was canned by Flames and now he is verge on winning cup. All coaches has up and downs during career. Let the acts speak themselves...
I would like to point out that Sutter was a different situation. As a coach, he had no problems at all, even led Calgary to beating the odds and almost winning the 2004 cup (could argue that it should have been theirs). He got canned because he became a GM after his coaching stint, a GM that could not make a right move it seemed.

BLASPHEMOUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 04:45 AM
WolfgangAmadeusEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
I'm warming up to him.

But really, they could hire Hitler and I'd still cheer for the team.
Hitler was a choir boy compared to Therrien.

WolfgangAmadeusEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 05:45 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

As far as I'm concerned, Therrien didn't hire himself. Who starts the thread...."Did we make a mistake with Bergevin"...that would be fun....or how about "We miss Gauthier".....just to see to what level this fanbase could reach. Any chance we give the guy a ****ing preseason game to start saying that he hasn't changed or that he's bad? That you don't like him? That's fine with me. He's not my first choice either. Geez he's my 4th which in the end, I did not want to come to my 4th choice. But to already determine his quality as if you know where's he's at in his career? That makes no sense whatsoever. Oh and most of you are giving the Bruins fans so much fun right now.....Your reactions make them forget about there playoff deception and the Thomas story. At least, it serves a real purpose....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 06:35 AM
HomaridII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
we're goona need to talk 5-10 years from now ok ....until then let's watch it because it a very special thing .
What he can do if allowed , or what he is forced into doing is two totally different things....Much like you got a 600 hp Corvette but ,you got a rev limiter on it so you can only access 350 hp....
That sums up JM trying to limit PK .....I hope MT let's him go , but i have big doubt's...

They need to let him be his own ....i don't need to see 1991 put in PK Subban ..he is a trail blazer ...

You know, back during PK's draft .. in the days leading up to it, I told all my co-workers about this kid I wanted the Habs to draft because I thought he would be a star .. that kid was PK .. when they drafted PK .. I kept giving updates to all of them about his development .. they still make fun of me for that .. but he is the ONLY prospect I have followed daily since I've been a fan of the Habs since even before he was drafted.

All this to tell you, I love PK to death .. let me tell you. Pk Subban is NOT a generational talent .. he is a VERY good player who could become a SUPERSTAR! if he gets his act together.That is all. When rumours fly around about your attitude in the room, or you missing team meetings .. when you have issues with most of the veteran players on your own team ... he has problems which he might have adjusted or fixed late last season, lets hope so, because he is a 25-30 min defenseman who can play all situations, and has character galore on the ice and an incredible will to win. I still remember his first two games against Philly, the back to backs .. where he was the only one on the team that seemed to want to win .. he kept taking over the game shift after shift. We need him to do that next season regularly.

In today's NHL there is only one generational talent and his name is Sidney Crosby.

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 06:39 AM
HomaridII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
As far as I'm concerned, Therrien didn't hire himself. Who starts the thread...."Did we make a mistake with Bergevin"...that would be fun....or how about "We miss Gauthier".....just to see to what level this fanbase could reach. Any chance we give the guy a ****ing preseason game to start saying that he hasn't changed or that he's bad? That you don't like him? That's fine with me. He's not my first choice either. Geez he's my 4th which in the end, I did not want to come to my 4th choice. But to already determine his quality as if you know where's he's at in his career? That makes no sense whatsoever. Oh and most of you are giving the Bruins fans so much fun right now.....Your reactions make them forget about there playoff deception and the Thomas story. At least, it serves a real purpose....
This reaction was going to happen no matter who was named Coach unless it was somebody like Lemaire. There weren't that many amazing candidates to choose from .. not like GM when Bergevin might have not been everybody's choice but everybody could get behind him being picked.

Therrien, Hartley, Crawford, Roy, Carbo .. all choices that bring some level of controversy and that would have generated disagreement and strong arguments IMO, specially from a large fan base like ours..

What I find laughable is how some people seem to be going out of the way to scream loud enough so that 3-4 years from now when Therrien is fired they can come back to this thread, quote their own posts, and score some sort of point then.

Therrien personally wasn't my choice, I am not particularly fond of him, but I am willing to give him a chance before comparing him to Hitler ..

Some of the things that get said in here are pathetic tbh. This board is getting harder and harder to participate in.

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 06:50 AM
RC51

Yes M.T was named coach of the Habs but the real story behind the story is ROY and why he is not the coach of the Habs.
What happen here???? Refused the JOB? Passed over? wanted to much?
I tell you , their is a huge story behind this thing not told yet.
Roy to give interview? why? damage control? but for who?
Whatever Roy says at the interview, do you believe him? or is it all a spin doctor interview.

RC51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 06:54 AM
No Team Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsevolod Bobrov View Post
What a stupid image. Because after saving Toad for several worlds, you end up saving the princess. That's not insanity. That's progress.

Therrien was not my choice but that doesn't mean I have to cry about it. Reminds me of Kovalev not getting signed again. "My vote did not count!"

No Team Needed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 06:59 AM
LeMAD

I find it funny when people are having strong opinions on coaches.

We aren't in the locker room. Our opinion is therefore invalid.

LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 07:04 AM
WolfgangAmadeusEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post
Yes M.T was named coach of the Habs but the real story behind the story is ROY and why he is not the coach of the Habs.
Whatever Roy says at the interview, do you believe him? or is it all a spin doctor interview.
Roy was waiting for them to offer him the job, possibly not the best attitude to go into an interview with.

WolfgangAmadeusEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 07:14 AM
onice

This pick was a big huge "MEH" for me. I guess I can be thankful that it wasn't St Patrick. I'm not happy about the selection but I"m not overly worked up about it.

But I do have a question for all the fans who are rooting for Therrien and are happy about his selection yet hated Jacques Martin and wanted him gone.

Explain to me how this is a change. These two coaches have their teams play the same passive aggressive, defensive style of hockey. If you remember correctly, when Jacques Martin took over he made the same declarations as Therrien about lack of fitness in the players. (Ha ha ha, good one Michel. Don't point to the coaching philosophy because it's the same as Cunneyworth & Martin.) The only difference I see between Martin & Therrien is that Michel seems to value size, grittiness and to borrow a phrase from Burke truculence.

At least with Crawford we would have gone in a completely different direction. He has a more aggressive offensive style. That would have been a change in playing philosophy.

So I throw this question out to all the fans who hated Martin's teams but today are happy to ecstatic about Therrien bringing the same coaching philosophy.

onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 07:25 AM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
Who will be the coach AFTER Michel Therrien gets fired?

Mario Tremblay...again? (bring back Rejean Houle, too!).

Montreal Canadiens = Nordiques?
(who cares if he can do the job just hire french Quebecois...hire a ****ing translator...as long as you hire the best coach for the job...example a young Bowman...if he's out there?!).

I liked everything about Bergevin...and now he takes a **** on Hab fans by bringing back this Therrien clown.

The only french Quebecois I'd take for our Habs as coach...
Jacques Lemaire
Guy Boucher (we have to wait another 2-3 years?)
Vigneault
(again? not even sure about that...).
Roy (maybe as goalie coach, but his pride wouldn't accept such a role...and not sure he'd be ready as coach...he might be perfect for Les Nordiques though).

So depressed when I heard Therrien was hired...
Where are we? Quebec City?
Don't the quebecois deserve to be addressed in their own language? Roy has never struck me as all that bright. He is a turncoat. Vignault would be a dream but he isnt available. Give Therrien a chance. I never thought that he was a bad coach. He also may have learned a few things since.

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 07:35 AM
No Team Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by toshiro View Post
Roy has never struck me as all that bright. He is a turncoat.
Roy tried to apologize after Detroit and was told he was going to be traded no matter what.

Corey is the turncoat. There is still pride when Roy wears the CH.

No Team Needed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 07:41 AM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
My favorite quote regarding Therrien:

One prominent unrestricted free agent I’ve spoken with since regular-season’s end could be a nice fit in Montreal at a decent price and would fill a Habs need.

But then I floated the name of Therrien among potential Canadiens coaches, a suggestion that drew 30 seconds of stone-cold silence. Finally:

“If that happens,” he said, “I’ve got 29 teams I can play for.”

http://www.montrealgazette.com/sport...#ixzz1wy89go1H

Awesome. He's already alienated players who aren't even on the team. This is going to be a difficult 2 years until he gets fired for a real coach. So disappointed. FML.
If this is Parenteau, well, it's probably a good thing.

MXD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 07:44 AM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
This pick was a big huge "MEH" for me. I guess I can be thankful that it wasn't St Patrick. I'm not happy about the selection but I"m not overly worked up about it.

But I do have a question for all the fans who are rooting for Therrien and are happy about his selection yet hated Jacques Martin and wanted him gone.

Explain to me how this is a change. These two coaches have their teams play the same passive aggressive, defensive style of hockey. If you remember correctly, when Jacques Martin took over he made the same declarations as Therrien about lack of fitness in the players. (Ha ha ha, good one Michel. Don't point to the coaching philosophy because it's the same as Cunneyworth & Martin.) The only difference I see between Martin & Therrien is that Michel seems to value size, grittiness and to borrow a phrase from Burke truculence.

At least with Crawford we would have gone in a completely different direction. He has a more aggressive offensive style. That would have been a change in playing philosophy.

So I throw this question out to all the fans who hated Martin's teams but today are happy to ecstatic about Therrien bringing the same coaching philosophy.
If anything, Therrien is a really flexible coach and has nothing to do with Jacques Martin on that regard.

MXD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 07:49 AM
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by toshiro View Post
Don't the quebecois deserve to be addressed in their own language? Roy has never struck me as all that bright. He is a turncoat. Vignault would be a dream but he isnt available. Give Therrien a chance. I never thought that he was a bad coach. He also may have learned a few things since.
Thats true, though we can always hire translators, the Quebecois do deserve a lot, the Habs and basically the rest of the world owe a great debt to them.

Go Habs Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 07:51 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
If this is Parenteau, well, it's probably a good thing.
If it is. I am going to laugh because it would be ironic.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 07:54 AM
TheWhiteIdea

How does MT feel about fighting and toughness? Does he carry a goon type player.

Was he the HC during the Todd Ewen era?

TheWhiteIdea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 07:57 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Habs Go View Post
Thats true, though we can always hire translators, the Quebecois do deserve a lot, the Habs and basically the rest of the world owe a great debt to them.
Why do they deserve to be addressed in their own language?

Every player, coach, trainer, scout from anywhere in the world is expected to learn English to be employed in the NHL. That is the simple reality.
I am an English fan, do I not deserve to be catered to the same as a francophone fan? What is it about their allegiance to the team that makes it worth more than mine?
Montreal is a beautiful city and it is host to many different cultures. We are not pandering to any pressure from them. Only the political pressure of the quebecois.
I am a fan of this team and even though a lot of the resources, news articles and radio interviews are given in french. I do not complain. It is my responsibility to translate that information for myself. It is not the organizations job to cater to each individual, it is thier job to win. Nothing more, nothing less.
Why do we care about the language spoken in press conferences? If your job is to cover a team in an english sport, it is your responsibility to have the tools necessary (be able to speak, read, and translate english) to do your job properly. No multi-million dollar corporation in the world is going to change the way they are run for people too stubborn to acquire the tools necessary.

I am sorry, the whole notion of deserving it, is completely ridiculous. I am English and I expect nothing out of the team I follow to make a great compromise to service some waning political ideology of mine. They shouldn't for anybody else either. I find a way to read french, translate french. These "deserving" lot can find a way to do what I do in English.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 08:11 AM
tlureb

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post
It looks straightforward to me. Bergevin's hiring of a whole brigade of hard-nosed assistants put the lock on co-opting the managerial position in so far as trades and players acquisitions are concerned.

The very day Molson had Bergevin sign on the dotted line, Patrick Roy's fate as HC of 'Les Canadiens' was henceforth sealed by Bergevin's 'looking-over-the-shoulders' insecurity. Molson, and Savard for that matter, knew very well what the consequences of hiring Bergevin would be.

For me, neither McGuire nor Bergevin's ego...one inflated, the other fragile... could bear having their future Hockey decisions potentially vetoed by an omnipotent Patrick Roy as HC. I wrote in one of my early posts that once Patrick Roy sneaks in, he ends up sooner than later owning the place.

Bergevin is working foremost for cv embellishment, ...just as McGuire would have, had he gotten the Job. The only possible way of having Roy as HC would have come from a partnership with Brisebois as GM in a sort of 'Steve Jobs/Tim Cook' Apple extraordinarily fruitful...for highly complementary...tandem. That was by the way my preferred option at the time...and still is. Bold and uncanny. All that Savard and Molson are not...

tlureb is offline   Reply With Quote