HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Can Radulov become a Hab?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-06-2012, 09:59 AM
  #126
Halifaxhab*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,219
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewBACHa View Post
his season was finished with Ufa Salavat
so he could finish his last year contract in the NHL.
thats why he returned. he wanted to expire his last year, otherwise, he wouldve done it next season


not really

it depend what and how much you pay for him

trade a 32nd overall pick (devils voiding their 1st pick) for him would be a decent price
Our 2nd is too high a price for a player that is more likely than not to bolt to the KHL.

Offer up Nashville's 2013 2nd on condition he signs, sure, but again I don't see him in an NHL uniform this season without a team offering up 5 Million per.

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 09:59 AM
  #127
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,629
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
His KHL season was over, he just got "free money" to play a few games for Nashville. And most importantly burn off his ELC. Dunno if Nashville will qualify him to retain his rights or not, but his return this year was a great way to keep his options open and advance him closer to UFA status. The KHL might not *always* be able to offer him more money than the NHL. Coming over got him out of the commitment to Nashville, so whatever happens down the road, he will have more options available. It was basically a no-brainer to come back to the NHL for this little cameo.
Wouldn't his QO only be like 1.2 mil/year? They would be massively stupid not to qualify him. Give him a QO and trade him for the best offer.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 10:03 AM
  #128
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,700
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
His KHL season was over, he just got "free money" to play a few games for Nashville. And most importantly burn off his ELC. Dunno if Nashville will qualify him to retain his rights or not, but his return this year was a great way to keep his options open and advance him closer to UFA status. The KHL might not *always* be able to offer him more money than the NHL. Coming over got him out of the commitment to Nashville, so whatever happens down the road, he will have more options available. It was basically a no-brainer to come back to the NHL for this little cameo.
The guy isn't that poor to need chump change from the NHL on his ELC....He didn't get paid for playofffs.....How much was 9 games of NHL pay worth? peanuts.


He wasn't going to sign long term in NASHVILLE, so he would be traded end of this season anyways..Now tho it's a little different, his value should be a lot lower...


Then you got rivals ,but bottom line Radulov drives the bus....If he don't want to go to New York, Rangers can offer the moon to Nashville ,but no good to Nashville. ...

REPORT: RANGERS CONTACT PREDS ABOUT ACQUIRING RADULOV
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=397511


Last edited by Habaneros: 06-06-2012 at 10:10 AM.
Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 10:18 AM
  #129
llamateizer
Registered User
 
llamateizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Country:
Posts: 5,410
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
The guy isn't that poor to need chump change from the NHL on his ELC....He didn't get paid for playofffs.....How much was 9 games of NHL pay worth? peanuts.


He wasn't going to sign long term in NASHVILLE, so he would be traded end of this season anyways..Now tho it's a little different, his value should be a lot lower...


Then you got rivals ,but bottom line Radulov drives the bus....If he don't want to go to New York, Rangers can offer the moon to Nashville ,but no good to Nashville. ...

REPORT: RANGERS CONTACT PREDS ABOUT ACQUIRING RADULOV
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=397511
he did it for the money. he executed 2 contracts in 1 year
KHL + NHL (9 games) (expire the 0.984 million contract)

llamateizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 10:20 AM
  #130
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,700
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewBACHa View Post
he did it for the money. he executed 2 contracts in 1 year
KHL + NHL (9 games) (expire the 0.984 million contract)

LOL yes , 9 games prorated on a 984,000 contact is what?That brought him back to NHL? LOL

Boy taste them peanuts .

He did it to get out of Nashville .

Anyways , he is out now, Habs needs to contact him and see if Montreal is a home to his liking ....


Nashville either trades his rights, or lose him for nothing in July,and Radu is free to sign with any NHL team of his choice......Radu got all the leverage...


Nashville's not goona get a lot for Radu........


Last edited by Habaneros: 06-06-2012 at 10:26 AM.
Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 10:23 AM
  #131
Dagistitsyn
Registered User
 
Dagistitsyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,583
vCash: 500
In this type of situation, is a team thats interested in trading for him allowed to talk to him and ensure that he would be interested in signing, before trading for him?

Dagistitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 10:26 AM
  #132
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 33,081
vCash: 500
If he is willing to sign a contract, absolutely sign me up!

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 10:32 AM
  #133
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,629
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
If he is willing to sign a contract, absolutely sign me up!
Wouldn't it matter for how much and how long that contract would be?

I'm sure we could get every UFA available if we are ready to pay crazy money(go offer Parise 55 mil over 5 years), however that's not a formula for success.

Radulov might be a good gamble if you can get him relatively cheap(asset and contract-wise). If you have to give up the 2013 1st rounder and then pay him 6 mil/year over 4 or 5 years...not sure I'd be ok with that.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 10:33 AM
  #134
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,700
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrowe21 View Post
In this type of situation, is a team thats interested in trading for him allowed to talk to him and ensure that he would be interested in signing, before trading for him?
It would be in Nashville's best intrest to find a team he wants to play for, and make the best deal.
Otherwise Nashville can make a deal with a team against Radu wishes and let's say (Rangers) give Nashville a 2nd rounder and something else for his rights...Radu don't like the (Rangers)team and does a Sundin or Dan Ellis , just waits till July and signs with the team he wants to be with .....Nashville is really over a barrel here....

If i was Montreal i'd offer a mid round pick ,and i would get it out in the MEDIA Montreal is interested in his rights so the Radu camp can see ...........if Nashville said no to a mid round pick ,i wait till July and let Radu contact Habs ...lol


Last edited by Habaneros: 06-06-2012 at 10:38 AM.
Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 10:37 AM
  #135
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 33,081
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Wouldn't it matter for how much and how long that contract would be?

I'm sure we could get every UFA available if we are ready to pay crazy money(go offer Parise 55 mil over 5 years), however that's not a formula for success.

Radulov might be a good gamble if you can get him relatively cheap(asset and contract-wise). If you have to give up the 2013 1st rounder and then pay him 6 mil/year over 4 or 5 years...not sure I'd be ok with that.
I doubt any team would be willing to give a 1st round pick for a players rights. Happened often in the last few years that the player doesn't even sign with the team. Habs would be crazy. At most i'd be willing to give back Nasville's 2nd rounder of this year if and only if he signs with us

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 10:49 AM
  #136
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan
 
Ivan13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 13,495
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
I doubt any team would be willing to give a 1st round pick for a players rights. Happened often in the last few years that the player doesn't even sign with the team. Habs would be crazy. At most i'd be willing to give back Nasville's 2nd rounder of this year if and only if he signs with us
He's a RFA not an UFA and I'm pretty sure any team trading for him will be given the chance to talk to him before the trade happens (like the Avs were able to talk with Varlamov last year).

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 10:49 AM
  #137
the
Registered User
 
the's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 749
vCash: 500
Give him the moon,about time we get a first class player! Nashville seems to like trading with us and we need a top line superstar player.

the is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 10:51 AM
  #138
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,700
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by the View Post
Give him the moon,about time we get a first class player! Nashville seems to like trading with us and we need a top line superstar player.
bringing Radu to Quebec would rank right up there with a big Franco name signing..he is that popular in Quebec....His jersey is hanging in the rafters in Quebec,would be a big event for Habs to land him ,there be a bigtime buzz ....

As i aid long time ago, if Habs can land Radulov and get the right player this year in the top 3, where on the way to a contender long term....Will be like getting two first rounder this year.....Radulov would be like a first over all pick in this year draft.

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 10:57 AM
  #139
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,629
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
bringing Radu to Quebec would rank right up there with a big Franco name signing..he is that popular in Quebec....His jersey is hanging in the rafters in Quebec,would be a big event for Habs to land him ,there be a bigtime buzz ....

As i aid long time ago, if Habs can land Radulov and get the right player this year in the top 3, where on the way to a contender long term....Will be like getting two first rounder this year.....Radulov would be like a first over all pick in this year draft.
This isn't Quebec City, this is the NHL where you can't just show up and win with skill alone, you actually have to show up and bust your butt.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 11:01 AM
  #140
EveryDay
Registered User
 
EveryDay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,489
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by the View Post
Give him the moon,about time we get a first class player! Nashville seems to like trading with us and we need a top line superstar player.
When Gauthier was here, not so sure anymore.

EveryDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 11:06 AM
  #141
optimus2861
Registered User
 
optimus2861's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bedford NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,673
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by the View Post
Give him the moon,about time we get a first class player! Nashville seems to like trading with us and we need a top line superstar player.
That word does not mean what you think it means, if you are applying it to Radulov.

I've no idea why anyone would want to touch him after that playoff stunt, and his demonstrated willingness to up & leave the NHL whenever it suits him. Talented, yes. Headcase, yes. Superstar, no.

optimus2861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 11:11 AM
  #142
llamateizer
Registered User
 
llamateizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Country:
Posts: 5,410
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
LOL yes , 9 games prorated on a 984,000 contact is what?That brought him back to NHL? LOL

Boy taste them peanuts .

He did it to get out of Nashville .

Anyways , he is out now, Habs needs to contact him and see if Montreal is a home to his liking ....


Nashville either trades his rights, or lose him for nothing in July,and Radu is free to sign with any NHL team of his choice......Radu got all the leverage...


Nashville's not goona get a lot for Radu........
he did it to get out of his contract so he can sign a bigger contract. If nashville offer him 10 yr at 10 millions / per, he would accept it.

Maybe he wont cost alot... but Turris (younger (yes) and better (?) ) and got
David Rundblad and a second round pick in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft.

llamateizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 11:13 AM
  #143
pezcore
Registered User
 
pezcore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: St-Hubert, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 271
vCash: 500
Seriously??? some of you are enternaing the idea Of Radulov in Mtl? anybody remembers the Kostitsyns? Grabovski? How did that turn out? He bailed out on his NHL contract to go where the money was and he came back in the NHL for $$$ and a shot at the Cup because he saw that Nashville had a shot.

Lets not forget that he got in trouble for partying in Nashville. Imagine here. He's KHL bound unless some NHL throws a ridiculous amount of money his way (*cough* Rangers *cough*) and whenever things are not gonna go his way he's going to jet back to Russia.

Id rather take any guy with half his talent but double his heart to play on the 2nd line.

pezcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 11:15 AM
  #144
groovejuice
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,134
vCash: 500
I'm certainly no CBA expert, but if an RFA isn't offered a contract by the team that owns his rights, would then he not become UFA on July 1st?

It may be worth a low draft pick or borderline player (Weber) to get negotiating rights, but certainly no more than that.

groovejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 11:17 AM
  #145
llamateizer
Registered User
 
llamateizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Country:
Posts: 5,410
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by groovejuice View Post
I'm certainly no CBA expert, but if an RFA isn't offered a contract by the team that owns his rights, would then he not become UFA on July 1st?

It may be worth a low draft pick or borderline player (Weber) to get negotiating rights, but certainly no more than that.
if the team do not offers a qualifying offer, YES he becomes UFA.
Habs did it with Pyatt (not sure) and Pouliot

llamateizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 11:17 AM
  #146
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 33,081
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pezcore View Post
Seriously??? some of you are enternaing the idea Of Radulov in Mtl? anybody remembers the Kostitsyns? Grabovski? How did that turn out? He bailed out on his NHL contract to go where the money was and he came back in the NHL for $$$ and a shot at the Cup because he saw that Nashville had a shot.

Lets not forget that he got in trouble for partying in Nashville. Imagine here. He's KHL bound unless some NHL throws a ridiculous amount of money his way (*cough* Rangers *cough*) and whenever things are not gonna go his way he's going to jet back to Russia.

Id rather take any guy with half his talent but double his heart to play on the 2nd line.
He left for Russia because of the money. Coming back to Nashville took away his final year of ELC. Now with that done, he would sign a deal close to what he would be making in Russia so there is no point in him leaving again. That's the difference

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 11:18 AM
  #147
gillyguzzler
Registered User
 
gillyguzzler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,749
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pezcore View Post
Seriously??? some of you are enternaing the idea Of Radulov in Mtl? anybody remembers the Kostitsyns? Grabovski? How did that turn out? He bailed out on his NHL contract to go where the money was and he came back in the NHL for $$$ and a shot at the Cup because he saw that Nashville had a shot.

Lets not forget that he got in trouble for partying in Nashville. Imagine here. He's KHL bound unless some NHL throws a ridiculous amount of money his way (*cough* Rangers *cough*) and whenever things are not gonna go his way he's going to jet back to Russia.

Id rather take any guy with half his talent but double his heart to play on the 2nd line.
Your opinion is your opinion but get your facts straight.

Radulov was not caught partying. He missed curfew (by 45 minutes). It is confirmed that there as not any alcohol involved.

Half the talent? Well Darche was on the PP. Does he count?

gillyguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 11:47 AM
  #148
pezcore
Registered User
 
pezcore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: St-Hubert, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 271
vCash: 500
You really think that Poile would have suspended him in the middle of the playoffs, when his team is losing 2-0, for being late of only 45 mins on a quiet evening? C'mon. It does not make sense. He wasnt suspended only for 1 game but for 2.

Perhaps he saw an opening to get him off his roster when that happened. Maybe he thought that Radulov puts himself before the team, or that he was a cancer in the room. Why get rid of him so easily now... at 26.. in his prime if he is for sure going to stay in NHL.

Radulov is too risky. Plain and simple.

And I would take Darche on my team before Radulov. You know what to expect from him, you know that he will give you his 110%. He will give you that extra effort when it matter, unlike Radulov who was M.I.A. in the playoffs....and he cost less than a million

pezcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 11:51 AM
  #149
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan
 
Ivan13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 13,495
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by pezcore View Post
You really think that Poile would have suspended him in the middle of the playoffs, when his team is losing 2-0, for being late of only 45 mins on a quiet evening? C'mon. It does not make sense. He wasnt suspended only for 1 game but for 2.

Perhaps he saw an opening to get him off his roster when that happened. Maybe he thought that Radulov puts himself before the team, or that he was a cancer in the room. Why get rid of him so easily now... at 26.. in his prime if he is for sure going to stay in NHL.

Radulov is too risky. Plain and simple.

And I would take Darche on my team before Radulov. You know what to expect from him, you know that he will give you his 110%. He will give you that extra effort when it matter, unlike Radulov who was M.I.A. in the playoffs....and he cost less than a million


FYI Radulov was Preds best forward in the playoffs.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 11:54 AM
  #150
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 33,081
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pezcore View Post
You really think that Poile would have suspended him in the middle of the playoffs, when his team is losing 2-0, for being late of only 45 mins on a quiet evening? C'mon. It does not make sense. He wasnt suspended only for 1 game but for 2.

Perhaps he saw an opening to get him off his roster when that happened. Maybe he thought that Radulov puts himself before the team, or that he was a cancer in the room. Why get rid of him so easily now... at 26.. in his prime if he is for sure going to stay in NHL.

Radulov is too risky. Plain and simple.

And I would take Darche on my team before Radulov. You know what to expect from him, you know that he will give you his 110%. He will give you that extra effort when it matter, unlike Radulov who was M.I.A. in the playoffs....and he cost less than a million
Radulov had 6pts in 8 games in these playoffs and wasn't the only one who sucked against the Coyotes. Not many "showed up"

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:44 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.