HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

The Jackets Need Goalies

Old
06-05-2012, 06:37 PM
JMFJcbj

vCash: 500
How about Luongo and Malhotra for Nash, 2012 1st, 2013 1st, johan, and kings 2013 1st?

JMFJcbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 06:45 PM
DJOpus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
Nash is expected to bring a young top-6 forward, a top-notch prospect, and a first at the least. He'd be worth at least Poulin, Lee, and the #4.
Just to clarify, does that mean Nash is available for:
Mason Raymond + Booth + 1st?

The Canucks will also send Schneider + Ballard for #2 overall + Boll

So: Booth, Ballard, Raymond, Schneider for Nash + #2 overall + Boll

Leaves CBJ with:
Booth - Brassard - Umberger
Prospal - Johansen - Raymond
Dorsett - Letestu - Atkinson
Gillies - MacKenzie - Mayorov

Ballard - Johnson
Wis - Tyutin
Methot - Nikitin

Schneider
Mason

Van basically puts Nash where Booth plays and tries to trade the #2+Edler? for Weber.

DJOpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 07:02 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJOpus View Post
Low 1st, and I'd prefer that a top-6 forward manage at least half a point per game.

Quote:
The Canucks will also send Schneider + Ballard for #2 overall + Boll

So: Booth, Ballard, Raymond, Schneider for Nash + #2 overall + Boll

Leaves CBJ with:
Booth - Brassard - Umberger
Prospal - Johansen - Raymond
Dorsett - Letestu - Atkinson
Gillies - MacKenzie - Mayorov

Ballard - Johnson
Wis - Tyutin
Methot - Nikitin

Schneider
Mason

Van basically puts Nash where Booth plays and tries to trade the #2+Edler? for Weber.
Does that look like a playoff contending team to you? It doesn't to me.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 07:08 PM
FANonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMFJcbj View Post
How about Luongo and Malhotra for Nash, 2012 1st, 2013 1st, johan, and kings 2013 1st?
Malholtra alone is worth more than that package...

FANonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 07:56 PM
Prussian_Blue

What would Columbus give for the rights to Konstantin Barulin?

Barulin has been on of the top goalies in Russia since the Blues drafted him in 2003, but he won't come over without a "guarantee" of an NHL roster spot, which the Blues would not give him.

Columbus probably can give him that guarantee.

Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 07:58 PM
WarriorofTime

Ray Emery for a dinner. But only something Subway-level or cheaper. Emery isn't worth more than that.

WarriorofTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 07:58 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Which one of those is the top-notch prospect?

Old
06-05-2012, 09:16 PM
54roughing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisBeKreame View Post
What would you think about Nash & #2 for Poulin, Lee, Strome & #4?
doesnt work, id want Nino because of his familiarity with Ryan Johansson, and Nelson for his size and skill, Lee is ok but a definite step down

it would have to be the 3 id named

and Crede777 youd never get all three for just Nash, Poulin will be a star in this league and Nelson is a future big #2 center

we'd be sitting pretty

54roughing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 09:21 PM
oilers84

To clb
Gags
Reider
Roy
Bulin
1st 2013

To edm
2nd overall

oilers84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 09:37 PM
54roughing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers84 View Post
To clb
Gags
Reider
Roy
Bulin
1st 2013

To edm
2nd overall
no interest in the small and soft Gagner whatsoever, there is a reason why i want Nelson from the Isles, he's big and can play the position defensively and yet looks to be a scorer too

Khabbi is too old to help us for long

honestly i wouldnt give a 5th rounder for that package sorry

Old
06-05-2012, 09:43 PM
54roughing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54roughing View Post
no interest in the small and soft Gagner whatsoever, there is a reason why i want Nelson from the Isles, he's big and can play the position defensively and yet looks to be a scorer too

Khabbi is too old to help us for long

honestly i wouldnt give a 5th rounder for that package sorry
oops i didnt see the 2013 1st in there

thats a nice piece still no however because Gagner isnt worth much and Khabbi is only a stopgap

Old
06-05-2012, 09:45 PM
CaptainGiggles
Summer Can Distract

Anderson? Bishop is expendable. Lehner is close to untouchable.

CaptainGiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 01:11 AM
Crede777
Deputized

Quote:
and Crede777 youd never get all three for just Nash, Poulin will be a star in this league and Nelson is a future big #2 center
Futures are hardly a sure thing in Columbus.

Also, it's fair to say that's the price to move Nash given the activity around the trade deadline. Like I said before, if Columbus doesn't *get*, Nash doesn't *go*.

As for Niederreiter and Mason Raymond, I'm way down on both so I'm really not objective about them. After how Niederreiter was handled this season, I wouldn't value him quite at being a recent #5 overall. As for Raymond, that back injury really scares me.

Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 07:32 AM
Xoggz22

Quote:
To clb
Gags
Reider
Roy
Bulin
1st 2013

To edm
2nd overall
Interesting offer. Too busy in my opinion. For one, I don't think Columbus wants to take back 4 salaries for the 2nd overall. That's a big problem. I'm not as negative about Gags as some of my fellow CBJ fans but I don't see him as an improvement over what we have and I don't want a smaller lineup (incidently I think this becomes a problem for Edmonton as they continue to draft small players - you need some size and skill and muscle to help your stable of studs).

Also, I think the CBJ would prefer to pick in the top 5 of this years draft rather than gamble that Edmonton has a top 5 next year. Just really doesn't fit. Lot's of quantity but probably not the quality to make that deal happen. Gags doesn't do it.

Xoggz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 07:36 AM
Crisp Breakout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfieforever11 View Post
Anderson? Bishop is expendable. Lehner is close to untouchable.
If Anderson comes cheap, he'd be a great option. The Sens aren't ready to move forward without him though, are they?

Crisp Breakout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 08:40 AM
Lint07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisp Breakout View Post
If Anderson comes cheap, he'd be a great option. The Sens aren't ready to move forward without him though, are they?
I don't think so.
I'd see Bishop being the odd man out with Lehner being the full-time backup.

Lint07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 09:06 AM
54roughing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
Futures are hardly a sure thing in Columbus.

Also, it's fair to say that's the price to move Nash given the activity around the trade deadline. Like I said before, if Columbus doesn't *get*, Nash doesn't *go*.

As for Niederreiter and Mason Raymond, I'm way down on both so I'm really not objective about them. After how Niederreiter was handled this season, I wouldn't value him quite at being a recent #5 overall. As for Raymond, that back injury really scares me.
as far as Niederreiter goes you cant blame him for the isles owner being to cheap to send him down for cap reasons, the kid played with the 4th line all season long

raymond i wouldnt touch hes got great wheels but no scoring touch

and ill tell you right now, if we could get this package from the isles. it would be better than any package we will get, you may not think so but ive seen all three and I like Poulin every bit as much as I do Schneider, and Poulin isnt closing in on UFA

we have to do something about getting somebody for Ryan too skill wise or he's going to bust, he needs skilled forwards to work with or he's just going to go from being a prospect to a suspect and we will have wasted his talent

As it is Islander fans tell me Wang wont spend the money for Nash, even if he'd be perfect for Tavares. its a shame, those 3 would have been core guys for us along with whoever we took 4th. it would have been the only way i could see of us winning a Nash trade

nobody else will give us 3 A rated prospects

Old
06-06-2012, 09:52 AM
KrisBeKreame

Quote:
doesnt work, id want Nino because of his familiarity with Ryan Johansson, and Nelson for his size and skill, Lee is ok but a definite step down

it would have to be the 3 id named

we'd be sitting pretty
Lee is a step down, hence is why i steped up Nino to strome. The Islanders have a problem with size, that is a big reason i would not trade Nelson and Nino at this time together.

KrisBeKreame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 10:02 AM
54roughing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisBeKreame View Post
Lee is a step down, hence is why i steped up Nino to strome. The Islanders have a problem with size, that is a big reason i would not trade Nelson and Nino at this time together.
size and skill is the issue if we are giving up Nash, Strome would not be an upgrade for us. thats why i named those 3. i wouldnt do it without all of them. in my scenario we'd take forsberg at 4, giving us eventually 2 big wingers to pair with Ryan and a big 2nd line center

in my mind id have to get all 3 or look elsewhere. as it is most blue jacket fans think its not enough

Old
06-06-2012, 10:23 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
To clb
Gags
Reider
Roy
Bulin
1st 2013

To edm
2nd overall
We've rejected this one before in other threads. What makes you think it's any more attractive now?

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 10:35 AM
Nabokov20
Karlsson for Chuck

vCash: 1706
The Ottawa Senators will work something out with them.

Nabokov20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 10:52 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
size and skill is the issue if we are giving up Nash, Strome would not be an upgrade for us. thats why i named those 3. i wouldnt do it without all of them. in my scenario we'd take forsberg at 4, giving us eventually 2 big wingers to pair with Ryan and a big 2nd line center

in my mind id have to get all 3 or look elsewhere. as it is most blue jacket fans think its not enough
My guess is most CBJ fans think it's not enough because they're concerned about giving up both Nash and the 2nd in the same deal and not getting at least established NHLer. Plus folks are concerned about Nino's 2011-12 stat line.

Personally, I'm inclined to agree with you that it's a good deal, but I share the same hesitation regarding "all futures."

Double-Shift Lassť is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 11:21 AM
DJOpus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Does that look like a playoff contending team to you? It doesn't to me.
Honestly, with the defense and goaltending...maybe. Raymond has scored 25 goals, Booth 30 goals, Umberger has gotten 25. If Brassard and RJ can step up, I could see that team making the playoffs by playing solid D and winning close games. D and goaltending get teams into the playoffs, or else ANA and TBL wouldn't be having troubles (they are both stacked up front).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
Which one of those is the top-notch prospect?
Well, Raymond is a former 25 goal, 50 point guy on a contract lower than the max ELC. Booth is a former 30 goal, 60 point guy on a decently big contract.

I did have Jensen in the trade but I figured you guys might actually want to try and replace some of Nash's scoring.

The way I see it, your team was thinking it was a potential playoff team going into last season but you didn't realize your goaltending and defense sucked. After the trade, your defense and goaltending are top notch and your scoring could use some help via UFA or promotion.

DJOpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 11:30 AM
54roughing*

The thing is if Nash is going, we're better off getting the most upside we can. personally I think We take Forsberg if we stay at 2 anyway, we need Talent at forward desparately, what real difference is it if we take him at #2 or #4?

Nino was terribly misused on the Island, I understand there owner is a Whack job, but keeping him as a 4th liner for cap reasons was assinine, h's magic with Johanssen, I watched Portland because of Ryan butNino and him are sympatico. I think Patty Roy was dead on about Poulin, and we need a goalie we can grow with

Nelson was probably the 2nd or 3rd best forward I saw WCHA and I love his feistiness, he's Dave Christian's nephew if i remember correctly so hes nowhere near as good as he's gonna be. he's the typical hard working heart and soul type

Id love to add these guys to our mix, if we could I honestly think we'd be calling it highway robbery in 4 years

Old
06-06-2012, 11:35 AM
54roughing*

Quote:
Honestly, with the defense and goaltending...maybe. Raymond has scored 25 goals, Booth 30 goals, Umberger has gotten 25. If Brassard and RJ can step up, I could see that team making the playoffs by playing solid D and winning close games. D and goaltending get teams into the playoffs, or else ANA and TBL wouldn't be having troubles (they are both stacked up front).

Well, Raymond is a former 25 goal, 50 point guy on a contract lower than the max ELC. Booth is a former 30 goal, 60 point guy on a decently big contract.

I did have Jensen in the trade but I figured you guys might actually want to try and replace some of Nash's scoring.

The way I see it, your team was thinking it was a potential playoff team going into last season but you didn't realize your goaltending and defense sucked. After the trade, your defense and goaltending are top notch and your scoring could use some help via UFA or promotion.
I wouldnt Touch Raymond with a ten foot pole, great wheels, but that 25 goals was a fluke based on Kessler's ability, in my opinion Raymond will never touch even 20 ever again, if he's on our second line We're in huge trouble