HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who else?

Closed Thread

Old
06-06-2012, 09:56 AM
therealkoho
Gary says it's A-OK

vCash: 500
Who else?

SLAM Article here

Quote:
Those rumours abound. And just about everybody inside the game has been exposed to them in one way or the other, and many inside the game who should know better have spread them without any real knowledge of the situation

and yet there is the yellow quilled one doing his best to spread this particular piece of fiction through this passive aggressive scribbling.....good dawg that man is an @$$

Quote:
So what has happened here? The worst of the modern world of journalism and the blogosphere is at play here. A story gets whispered about and talked about so often that it becomes truth simply by being spread regularly -- and in this case by people who should know better. From word of mouth it makes its way to Twitter or a blog or somewhere where the principles of journalism are not exhibited. The regular rules of attribution and sourcing don't exist in non-traditional media outlets such as blogs.

The number of those who have heard the stories and believe Burke will be pushed out is many. And when a relatively conservative TSN became the first mainstream media outlet to address the issue Tuesday night, it seemed the appropriate time to bring context to some of the misinformation that is out there.

My initial inclination was to let this pass, but the more I've been asked about it by prominent hockey people, the more there seemed a need to bring some calm to rumours that have no validity.
Steve's altruism know's no bounds, ordinary men are in awe

Old
06-06-2012, 10:00 AM
Hurt

Edited your post because your link wasn't going anywhere so just fixed it up for you.

Steve is so passive aggressive but all of the rumours that Burke was stepping down or being fired were baseless.

06-06-2012, 10:04 AM
david999

When TSN comments on it, chances are there is something to it as they will have some inside info (due to being part of the new ownership group)

Old
06-06-2012, 10:07 AM
KingBuzzo
A custom title.

I love how Simmonds says this,

Quote:
As for Burke's personal life, it's none of our business.
But also says this,

Quote:
Burke is apparently having marital problems. That doesn't in any way make him unique. Half my neighbourhood is having marital issues of one kind or another.

Old
06-06-2012, 10:10 AM
Clark4Ever

Simmons just can't resist being a *********.

As for the subject matter, it's all nothing but speculation and conjecture at this point.

Old
06-06-2012, 10:11 AM
mooseOAK*

Pathetic little man with a vendetta against Burke.

Old
06-06-2012, 10:11 AM
therealkoho
Gary says it's A-OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurt View Post
Edited your post because your link wasn't going anywhere so just fixed it up for you.

Steve is so passive aggressive but all of the rumours that Burke was stepping down or being fired were baseless.
appreciate the fix

yes they apparently are totally baseless, but the wiener boy can't help himself, no wonder the Leafs only allow him limited access

Old
06-06-2012, 10:17 AM
Clark4Ever

Simmons has insinuated in the past that Burke's job was impacted following the suicidal death of his son, and now he has the chutzpah to suggest that Burke's alleged marital problems might be affecting his managerial performance.

Clearly, Simmons does not recognize the professional and moral boundaries of a respectable journalist.

If Burke is let go at some point, I wouldn't blame him if he beat the **** out of Simmons before he left town.

Old
06-06-2012, 10:19 AM
crump
~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~

vCash: 769
We have already closed 2 of these threads. So if people really want to respond to this article, then we can leave it open for now. I can't see it going anywhere constructive though.

Old
06-06-2012, 11:21 AM
hullsy47

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseOAK View Post
Pathetic little man with a vendetta against Burke.
well ,the rumors were also coming from hockey circles.....i mean a ny other mediocre gm who constantly contradicts himself ...would be canned
this is burkes last year ,evrryone knows it ,projected 8-12 place finish again already
what i really dont comprehend is why people are shocked at burke rumors ,he falt out crapped the bed during his time here
and hes still living off his sedin draft and his stacked stanley cup team in anaheim.simmons actually defended him.
\\\\

Old
06-06-2012, 11:38 AM
ALine

Shouldn't have even included the link in OP. No need to give the guy more hits and perpetuate his belief that people actually read and care what he has to say.

I can't possibly see Burke stepping down

Old
06-06-2012, 11:39 AM
Twist and Shout

Pathetic. No surprise it's Simmons.

Old
06-06-2012, 11:49 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

I am just gonna close this, nothing constructive going on here. Just that we all agree that Simmons is a major ********* and an idiot.