HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

v19: off-season '12 - Landry Fields agrees to offer sheet (3 years, 19 million)

Closed Thread

Old
06-04-2012, 06:24 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

vCash: 500
v19: off-season '12 - Landry Fields agrees to offer sheet (3 years, 19 million)

continue from the last thread.

I might use this thread to stash worthwhile links, posts, and other items as necessary.

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."

Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
Old
06-04-2012, 06:38 PM
Oilbleeder
Lead us to glory.

vCash: 81
So the Cavs are heavily interested in either MKG or Beal. Problem is, picking 4th overall, they could lose out on both.

They've had interest in Barnes last draft, but their evaluation system puts emphasis on things like rebounding, steals, assists and blocks.

I really think they'd favor trading down.

I'd target that team if I was BC.

06-04-2012, 08:16 PM
Eytinge

I disagree Oilbleeder. Kyrie is really good friends with Barnes and considering the fact that they would have drafted him 4th overall last year if he was available I don't see them passing on him.

If Beal dropped to them though, wow. A Irving/Beal backcourt is no joke.

We just have to pray Lamb falls to 8. Too bad GS will probably draft him since they have no need for Sullinger or Lillard with Lee and Curry there.

Old
06-05-2012, 12:47 AM
Oilbleeder
Lead us to glory.

Fair point. You are right that Kyrie and Barnes are close. We'll see I guess, there have been rumors they were trying to move up to grab a MKG/Beal.

Rumors have it that we're considering Moe Harkless at #8. IMO I think Lamb is very likely to fall to us, and I'd be ok to add him if he did(though I don't like him all that much). I really don't want any part of Waiters, Harkless or Rivers at #8.

I also kinda hope we trade up and try get PF Andrew Nicholson. Really intriguing PF prospect who can score in a variety of ways. Not physical enough, and needs development, but I'd like to take a flyer. He's Canadian too.

Last edited by Oilbleeder: 06-05-2012 at 12:57 AM.
Old
06-05-2012, 12:41 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

ESPN's version 6 mock was released this morning. Chad Ford still likes the Raptors to look at taking SG Dion Waiters.

1) NO - Davis
2) Cha - Kidd-Gilchrist
3) Wsh - Beal
4) Cle - Barnes
5) Sac - Robinson
6) Por - Drummond
7) GS - T. Jones
8) Tor - Waiters

FWIW, Lillard goes 11th to Portland, Perry Jones 12th to Milwaukee, Lamb 13th to Phoenix, and Marshall 17th to Dallas

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft...raft-version-6

Andrew Nicholson was tagged to Boston's pick later in the round.

Old
06-05-2012, 07:18 PM
Oilbleeder
Lead us to glory.

I really don't care for Waiters truth be told. To me he looks like a potential player that ideally comes off the bench to give you a spark. I'd rather take Lamb (who I'm not terribly enthused about getting).

Also rumors have it that the Cavs are kicking tires to either trade up to the Bobcats picks (which is rumored to be in play) or trade down with Portland (4th + Varejao for 6th + 11th).

If an opportunity to trade presents itself, I'm really hoping BC takes it.

Old
06-05-2012, 09:47 PM
91Kadri91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eytinge View Post
I disagree Oilbleeder. Kyrie is really good friends with Barnes and considering the fact that they would have drafted him 4th overall last year if he was available I don't see them passing on him.

If Beal dropped to them though, wow. A Irving/Beal backcourt is no joke.

We just have to pray Lamb falls to 8. Too bad GS will probably draft him since they have no need for Sullinger or Lillard with Lee and Curry there.
With that logic, they'd have no reason to draft Lamb.

Golden State loves Klay Thompson and, really, who can blame them?

Old
06-05-2012, 10:16 PM
Bionda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
I really don't care for Waiters truth be told. To me he looks like a potential player that ideally comes off the bench to give you a spark. I'd rather take Lamb (who I'm not terribly enthused about getting).

Also rumors have it that the Cavs are kicking tires to either trade up to the Bobcats picks (which is rumored to be in play) or trade down with Portland (4th + Varejao for 6th + 11th).

If an opportunity to trade presents itself, I'm really hoping BC takes it.
Yes, let's be honest, aside from the Casey hiring this was yet another terrible season for us.
Waiters attacks the rim with ferocity and is built like a bull, but there are too many questions about his game.

He hasn't seen much time on the floor (reduced role), and to be blunt: we don't know what he can offer. His potential doesn't seem that high either.. Lamb has a lot of question marks as well.

Old
06-06-2012, 11:25 AM
shaner89

How is it that the 8th overall pick i going to be so bad?

Every player that gets mention at 8 seems like a peice of ****.

I think we should trade the pick if thats the case

Old
06-06-2012, 11:51 AM
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future

Here, as of right now, is how I see the draft shaping up for teams 1-14:

http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/dra...or/view/27137/

1. New Orleans - Anthony Davis
2. Charlotte - Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
3. Washington - Brad Beal
4. Cleveland - Harrison Barnes
5. Sacramento - Thomas Robinson
6. Portland - Andre Drummond
7. Golden State - Perry Jones III
8. Toronto - Jeremy Lamb
9. Detroit - John Henson
10. New Orleans - Kendall Marshall
11. Portland - Damian Lillard
12. Milwaukee - Jared Sullinger
13. Phoenix - Austin Rivers
14. Houston - Tyler Zeller

I'd have a hard time seeing Cleveland pass on T-Rob, but they are apparently very high on Harrison Barnes.

06-06-2012, 02:01 PM
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future

Raps interested in acquiring Rudy Gay?

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/44099

Quote:
Rhett (Toronto)

You still have Dion Waiters going to the Raptors, Chad. But all we keep hearing up here is that the Raptors are likely to move the pick. Any idea who would be available for the 8th pick in the draft?
Chad Ford

Chad Ford (1:15 PM)

I agree that the Raptors are looking to move the pick. They've been trying to package it with another young player like Ed Davis and a vet (Bargnani or Calderon). I think they want a big time player on the wing so that they can lure Steve Nash this summer. The guy most people in the league believe they are after via trade is Rudy Gay. If they stay at 8, they want a player who can get to the basket. Thus ... Waiters at 8.
That would be pretty awesome, but I doubt it happens.

8th overall, Ed Davis and Jose Calderon for Gay I'd definitely do. Then we could potentially sign Nash in the summer.

PG - Nash/Bayless
SG - DeRozan/Forbes
SF - Gay/Johnson/Kleiza
PF - Bargnani/Johnson
C - Valanciunas/Gray

Yes, please.

Old
06-06-2012, 02:15 PM
johnnyutah

i like to idea of trading for gay. If we cant land him i would like to go after dany granger.
C-JoVal
PF-bargs
SF-Granger
SG-DeRo
PG-Calderon

Old
06-06-2012, 03:33 PM
Hyperglide

Even if we get Gay and Nash we still need to upgrade at SG and move Kleiza. Do we amnesty Kleiza or try and move him? Also I don't see DeRozan as the future. He doesn't have a 3 and he is still a mediocre defender. If we can somehow move Kleiza for ANY assets and do something with DeRozan (either move him to the bench or trade him) I would be very happy with our starting 5 and bench moving on.

Maybe trade DeRozan and get some kind of elite defender on the wing to keep shooters on the outside. (help defense may be better with Jo Val coming over.) Or trade Amir instead of Ed (if possible) and then we have 2 great defenders inside once Bargs hits the bench if we are up by a few points late.

Old
06-06-2012, 04:16 PM
Hemskyfanboy83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
Here, as of right now, is how I see the draft shaping up for teams 1-14:

http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/dra...or/view/27137/

1. New Orleans - Anthony Davis
2. Charlotte - Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
3. Washington - Brad Beal
4. Cleveland - Harrison Barnes
5. Sacramento - Thomas Robinson
6. Portland - Andre Drummond
7. Golden State - Perry Jones III
8. Toronto - Jeremy Lamb
9. Detroit - John Henson
10. New Orleans - Kendall Marshall
11. Portland - Damian Lillard
12. Milwaukee - Jared Sullinger
13. Phoenix - Austin Rivers
14. Houston - Tyler Zeller

I'd have a hard time seeing Cleveland pass on T-Rob, but they are apparently very high on Harrison Barnes.
Robinson is the interesting player for me. Does Sacramento want him with Cousins already there? Portland also has Aldridge, so I can't see them taking him. If he falls past Cleveland, it might open up a nice opportunity for us to try to move up to 5 or 6 to take him.

Old
06-06-2012, 05:03 PM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

vCash: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemskyfanboy83 View Post
Robinson is the interesting player for me. Does Sacramento want him with Cousins already there? Portland also has Aldridge, so I can't see them taking him. If he falls past Cleveland, it might open up a nice opportunity for us to try to move up to 5 or 6 to take him.
Why would we take him? We have too many bigs as it is.

Old
06-06-2012, 05:13 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

As much as I liked the spark Kleiza occasionally provided off the bench, I think it might be a good use of the amnesty clause for the Raptors to take him off the books. The only other guy who really would be an amnesty consideration would be Amir, and he at least has value as a 4/5 off the bench who can do a little bit of everything.

And if Houston chooses not to hang onto him, I'd love the Raptors to take a stab at getting Chase Budinger to be a backup SF. He's got good athleticism and offensive skills. The knock on him is that he doesn't compete hard enough defensively to be a difference maker. I think that Coach Casey could probably give him a good, swift kick in the ass to make him into a competent defender to give some more flexibility to when they use James Johnson.

Old
06-06-2012, 07:12 PM
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...ck-for-forward

Quote:
The Toronto Raptors know exactly what they want out of the 2012 NBA draft: An established, athletic wing man.

And that's why the Raptors have already made it known to rival teams that their lottery pick on June 28 -- No. 8 overall -- is available to a trade partner that can provide the elite small forward they seek, according to sources close to the situation.

With a slew of league execs having converged on Chicago this week for the NBA's annual pre-draft camp, sources told ESPN.com that the Raptors have at least two known trade targets: Memphis swingman Rudy Gay and Philadelphia's Andre Iguodala.

Old
06-06-2012, 08:42 PM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

Rudy Gay please and thank you.

Old
06-06-2012, 09:02 PM
Oilbleeder
Lead us to glory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
Given the option between the two, I take Rudy Gay. Every day.

He's only 25 and does everything pretty well. Decent defender, can rebound pretty well(similar or in some year more than Bargs), and is a damn good scorer who can make his own shot.

I'm extremely happy we are trading the pick for an established player. All the options at #8 were disappointing, and we needed to get better somewhat significantly.

I only wonder if we trade the #8 for Gay, if it is possible still to trade for Lowry.

If we can, Lowry + Gay to this team would be a big step forward. Both young good NBA players who fill positions of need on this team.

PG: Lowry
SG: DeRozan
SF: Gay
C: Valanciunas
PF: Bargnani

That could potentially, just maybe, fight for a playoff spot...

Old
06-06-2012, 09:18 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Given the option between the two, I take Rudy Gay. Every day.

He's only 25 and does everything pretty well. Decent defender, can rebound pretty well(similar or in some year more than Bargs), and is a damn good scorer who can make his own shot.

I'm extremely happy we are trading the pick for an established player. All the options at #8 were disappointing, and we needed to get better somewhat significantly.

I only wonder if we trade the #8 for Gay, if it is possible still to trade for Lowry.

If we can, Lowry + Gay to this team would be a big step forward. Both young good NBA players who fill positions of need on this team.

PG: Lowry
SG: DeRozan
SF: Gay
C: Valanciunas
PF: Bargnani

That could potentially, just maybe, fight for a playoff spot...
I hold out hope that perhaps we can get Lowry in payment (with additions by the Raptors) for helping to facilitate another trade involving Houston. I just wonder if the team would have the pieces to even help get to the value necessary for Lowry if they trade Davis+8th+something for a SF.

Old
06-06-2012, 09:35 PM
Oilbleeder
Lead us to glory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
I hold out hope that perhaps we can get Lowry in payment (with additions by the Raptors) for helping to facilitate another trade involving Houston. I just wonder if the team would have the pieces to even help get to the value necessary for Lowry if they trade Davis+8th+something for a SF.
I think Memphis would want to ideally want to shed salary more than anything.

I would think Davis + 8th + a guy with a bit of salary(Bayless?) for Gay would be somewhat fair. They get rid of a ton of salary, add some quality depth at PG and PF, and add an 8th for a guy to replace Gay.

We get a guy that will make a big impact for us right away.

Considering the LAL/Houston potential trade. I believe what you proposed with us taking on salary makes sense. Kevin Martin would probably come back our way with Lowry. I'm not sure what we'd give. If we trade the 8th, we don't have a whole lot to give. Not alot of prospects/picks to give.

Question, to get Lowry, would you give next years 1st round pick?

Old
06-06-2012, 09:37 PM
Eytinge

We should have just drafted Gay/Granger/AI instead of Bargs/Arajuo/Graham.

Old
06-06-2012, 09:56 PM
Dr.Funk

vCash: 1060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nazem View Post
Rudy Gay please and thank you.

Yes, please!

Adding Gay will be an enticement for Nash and then atleast there will some entertainment with this team.

Old
06-06-2012, 10:20 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
I think Memphis would want to ideally want to shed salary more than anything.

I would think Davis + 8th + a guy with a bit of salary(Bayless?) for Gay would be somewhat fair. They get rid of a ton of salary, add some quality depth at PG and PF, and add an 8th for a guy to replace Gay.

We get a guy that will make a big impact for us right away.

Considering the LAL/Houston potential trade. I believe what you proposed with us taking on salary makes sense. Kevin Martin would probably come back our way with Lowry. I'm not sure what we'd give. If we trade the 8th, we don't have a whole lot to give. Not alot of prospects/picks to give.

Question, to get Lowry, would you give next years 1st round pick?
IF we got Gay and Lowry, hell yes. That hypothetical Raptors team would be far closer to the playoffs, maybe even getting in at 6 or 7 given how top-heavy the East is.

also Bayless probably isn't a good target to trade because he's RFA and due for a raise. I also like him off the bench. This is where I think trading Calderon makes sense. If they could ship Calderon to the lakers, and help work out a Houston/LA trade with Gasol by taking back Martin and getting Lowry as payment for that, plus swapping picks with the Rockets.

I wish the ESPN Trade machine wasn't completely borked right now, because I had worked out a ridiculous 4-team trade that brought hte Magic and Dwight Howard into the picture, and I think it would've worked from a salary standpoint, I just can't prove it because the trade machine won't finish the deal and check it.

Old
06-06-2012, 10:22 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eytinge View Post
We should have just drafted Gay/Granger/AI instead of Bargs/Arajuo/Graham.
hindsight is fun, isn't it?

Except for picking Araujo, the other Raptors selections made sense. Gay wasn't considered a #1 overall pick in that draft either.

Closed Thread