HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

2012 Draft

Old
06-06-2012, 11:13 AM
Liferleafer
Golf....again....

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant123 View Post
I would watch out, Burke likes surprising people, as you lean in to kiss he may turn around
That wouldn't surprise me as much as if he got this deal done.

Liferleafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 11:15 AM
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
That wouldn't surprise me as much as if he got this deal done.
Which one would you prefer?

Grant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 11:15 AM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJG View Post
Gardiner, Schenn and 2013 1st is the only thing I could see the Oilers interested in.

Oilers need quality defensemen. I can't see a deal happening without Gardiner.
I would have to agree, but TO will never trade Gardiner so it would have to be Shenn. The problem is that the player the Oilers are targeting could be gone by the 5th pick. Montreal needs that C and I don't believe TO has anything that they would be willing to trade to swap picks.

What is laughable that people actually believe that TO has the assets to acquire the two top picks.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 11:23 AM
Liferleafer
Golf....again....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant123 View Post
Which one would you prefer?
HMMM...let's see....Yak and Gally or kiss an old man's hairy ass....tough call.

Liferleafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 11:44 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
Don't we hear every year that the Leafs are trying to trade up for the 1st overall?
Yes.

And the Toronto media will point out Burke's mesmerizing skills,how he pulled of the moves to draft both Sedins

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 11:51 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
I hope so. Buff wouldn't be willing to give the kind of overpayment 1st overall would require, and would never trade with Burke or the Habs, and they wouldn't trade with us...2nd is possible (Enroth, Armia?) but unlikely. 4th overall seems like the most reasonable target, though I'm not super sure what NYI would want (Leo for a current top 4 D + Pysyk/McNabb?, more forward prospects?) Obviously all of Buffalo's 4 picks in the first 2 rounds would be in play.
The last 2 drafts,the Isles have demanded 1 young player,who's upside is on the same level as the picks Snow would be passing on.

Do the Sabres have a youngster with the upside of Galchenyuk ,Forsberg or Murray?

Cause the Isles have stockpiled prospects for 4 straight drafts and aren't looking to trade 4th overall for a 1 yr rental+ a couple of less talented prospects.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 11:57 AM
GordieHoweHatTrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Yes.

And the Toronto media will point out Burke's mesmerizing skills,how he pulled of the moves to draft both Sedins
You must not be familiar with the Toronto media

Jake Gardiner, 2013 1st + 2013 2nd for 2012 1st overall
Nikolai Kulemin + 2012 5th overall for 2012 2nd overall

In: Nail Yakupov and Alex Galchenyuk
Out: Jake Gardiner, Nikolai Kulemin, 2012 5th overall, 2013 1st round pick + 2013 2nd round pick

Am I out of my mind for thinking this is close to fair value?

GordieHoweHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 12:02 PM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Oiler fans - * blah blah blah Massive overpayment blah blah blah Gardiner +5th overall

Oiler fans - * blah blah blah Massive overpayment blah blah blah Subban and 3rd overall

They can keep thier pick. I think The Leafs and The Habs will be glad to stay where they are and not give up the assets.

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 12:05 PM
Carlzner
Who's Zed?

Actually, I can't believe i haven't thought of the possibility of Burke trying/getting both of them. He did it with the Sedins, I'm certain he'll at least try to do it again.

Carlzner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 12:05 PM
WJG
Running and Rioting

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsRock View Post
Oiler fans - * blah blah blah Massive overpayment blah blah blah Gardiner +5th overall

Oiler fans - * blah blah blah Massive overpayment blah blah blah Subban and 3rd overall

They can keep thier pick. I think The Leafs and The Habs will be glad to stay where they are and not give up the assets.
They have something you want. Of course they can dictate the price.

WJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 12:06 PM
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion

vCash: 1625
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick View Post

Out: Jake Gardiner, Nikolai Kulemin, 2012 5th overall, 2013 1st round pick + 2013 2nd round pick

That one is good

The other one could use some more.

MurrayBannerman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 12:08 PM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsRock View Post

Okay sounds good

Mr Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 12:10 PM
Wilch
Unregistered User

Quote:

First offer probably a slight overpayment on TOR's part.

Second offer is no good. Maybe Schenn/Kadri and 5th overall.

Wilch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 12:13 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
I would say this is a understatement.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 12:13 PM
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilch View Post
First offer probably a slight overpayment on TOR's part.

Second offer is no good. Maybe Schenn/Kadri and 5th overall.
Edmonton will probably want some overpayment, so it's probably the offer to get it done.

Old
06-06-2012, 12:15 PM
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion

Not to mention, any deal with Gardiner to Edmonton likely includes Schultz in the future.

Old
06-06-2012, 12:16 PM
russ99

Quote:
Gardiner, Schenn and 2013 1st is the only thing I could see the Oilers interested in.

Oilers need quality defensemen. I can't see a deal happening without Gardiner.
I don't see the Oilers having interest in Schenn. They have 4 good prospect defensemen hitting the AHL in the next 1-2 years so why would they acquire another AHL project defenseman?

Maybe Gardiner, Carolina's #8 pick (that Burke is looking to acquire) to grab one of the top 6 defensemen and a goalie swap of Khabibulin for Reimer (or Gustavsson and a 2012 2nd round pick)

Last edited by russ99: 06-06-2012 at 12:21 PM.
russ99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 12:16 PM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:
They have something you want. Of course they can dictate the price.

No They dont

For teams like the leafs and habs it makes no sense to move up. sure they might land Yakupov but they create a massive hole on the defense. its just not worth it.

Personally I would rather have Subban and Gally over Yakupov.

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 12:19 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
The last 2 drafts,the Isles have demanded 1 young player,who's upside is on the same level as the picks Snow would be passing on.

Do the Sabres have a youngster with the upside of Galchenyuk ,Forsberg or Murray?

Cause the Isles have stockpiled prospects for 4 straight drafts and aren't looking to trade 4th overall for a 1 yr rental+ a couple of less talented prospects.
Armia and Pysyk are the 2 best prospects Buffalo has..idk why you're calling them less talented? Armia projects as the best pure scorer Buffalo's picked since Vanek in 2002(?) with the 5th overall, and Pysyk is considered to be a safe bet as a top-4 D. As far as young forwards, I doubt Regier bites on anything that would require Foligno, Ennis or Hodgson -- Hodgson no because he's a recent acquisition, Foligno no because we need his toughness and his history with Buffalo is the kind of thing fans love, Ennis is the most likely but still no because he's the only forward we have with actual speed besides Gerbe, who sees next to no offensive zone starts.

The thing is, it obviously wouldn't be a one for one trade, so it's not like you'd get one player who's value = Galchenyuk but a package that does. It would be more like both of Buffalo's firsts (12 and 21), plus Leo, plus one of Armia (RW), Pysyk (RHD), or McNabb (LHD). Enroth could also be on the table, but I doubt he'd be of any interest to NYI considering how many goalies they already have. Adam is also a possibility (C/LW)

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 12:20 PM
Whoyawit*

So let me get this straight - this rumor has the guy who gave up Seguin, Hamilton, and Knight for Kessel is going to poach the #1 and #2 overall picks at this years draft? How soon we forget in Toronto....
Pure comedy! No chance - the Leafs do not have the players or prospects in their whole system to recieve the 1st overall pick from the Oilers.

Whoyawit* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 12:23 PM
Wilch
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman View Post
Edmonton will probably want some overpayment, so it's probably the offer to get it done.
Then TOR doesn't do it.

Gardiner addresses one of EDM's biggest weaknesses. Him alone is a very attractive asset, not quite enough for a 1st overall though. If Toronto decides to trade for two high draft picks, I'm assuming they're going for a semi-rebuild, and that 2013 1st AND 2nd round pick will look very delicious a year from now.

Wilch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 12:24 PM
Dharvey33

The majority of the habs fans are happy where they are because they are geting one of Yakupov Galchenyuk Forsberg or Grigorenko for sure i would not give any of our d prospect to move up not Beaulieu, not Subban, not Tinordi. We keep our players plus our 3rd pick and we are going to draft a good player.

Leafs should just stay put they are also getting a great player and without having to lose a good player like Gardiner.

What's the point of crippling one part to reinforce another part?
Imo youl will probably get Grigorenko which could be the best player.

Dharvey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 12:24 PM
The Thin White Duke

The only way I see this happening for the Leafs is if Edmonton takes Murray first overall (highly unlikely), Columbus takes Forsberg (rumored to be really high on him), we somehow leverage the Dudley issue with the Habs to trade up to their pick (Schenn, Kadri, 5th overall?), and hope to god that we can convince the Islanders to trade 4th overall or take Grigorenko.

Yeah, I don't think it's happening.

The Thin White Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 12:25 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Hmmm...would Toronto send Phaneuf and the 2013 1st to Montreal for the 3rd overall and Kaberle? Again, I am not sure if either team does this, but I have worries about this year's crop of top 5 players, and Phaneuf is just an amazing player when he wants to be. Montreal does it for Phaneuf and the pick. Toronto does it if they want that 3rd overall bad enough.

The only real stumbling block seems to be the fact that Phaneuf's contract is only for 2 more years and losing a 3rd overall for 2 years of a player is a bit hard to justify. Still, I think it is an interesting offer (hence why I posted it...LOL).

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 12:28 PM
Rare Jewel
Patience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoyawit View Post
So let me get this straight - this rumor has the guy who gave up Seguin, Hamilton, and Knight for Kessel is going to poach the #1 and #2 overall picks at this years draft? How soon we forget in Toronto....
Pure comedy! No chance - the Leafs do not have the players or prospects in their whole system to recieve the 1st overall pick from the Oilers.
Gave up? lol

At no point did the Leafs ever own the rights of any of the 3 players you mentioned. I see you did your research. And by "gave up" you mean getting back a top 10 scorer, That's fine.

Rare Jewel is online now   Reply With Quote