HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

2012 Draft

Old
06-06-2012, 01:35 PM
Boondock

vCash: 500
Let's say Burke wants the 1st and 2nd overall picks, I would think the deals would have to look like

To Edm: Gardiner, Colborne, 2013 1st
To TO: 1st overall

To CBJ: 5th overall and Kadri
To TO: 2nd overall and Calvert

Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 01:35 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilch View Post
Then TOR doesn't do it.

Gardiner addresses one of EDM's biggest weaknesses. Him alone is a very attractive asset, not quite enough for a 1st overall though. If Toronto decides to trade for two high draft picks, I'm assuming they're going for a semi-rebuild, and that 2013 1st AND 2nd round pick will look very delicious a year from now.
Neither team will take a combination of picks for their 1st, unless it's the 2012 & 2013 1st's, and your high on Burke's BS to believe it. It's going to take TO's 1st and a established young D like Shenn or Gardiner to get the deal done.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 01:36 PM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thin White Duke View Post
The only way I see this happening for the Leafs is if Edmonton takes Murray first overall (highly unlikely), Columbus takes Forsberg (rumored to be really high on him), we somehow leverage the Dudley issue with the Habs to trade up to their pick (Schenn, Kadri, 5th overall?), and hope to god that we can convince the Islanders to trade 4th overall or take Grigorenko.

Yeah, I don't think it's happening.
what Dudley issue?

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 01:40 PM
Xoggz22

I don't see how it's possible without seriously damaging the Leafs future. It's likely they would need to move up to 1st and 2nd to get both players. That's going to put their 5th and Gardner in play as well as 2013 1st among other assets. Unless Luongo is coming over for lower picks/prospects (no discussion for this thread) I don't see why they would do this. It makes the 2013 pick a likely lottery pick.

You have to think if Edmonton doesn't take Yak, it's going to be Murray which means the CBJ and Montreal becomes the teams in play. Both need forwards (although I think the CBJ would still entertain trading down). I just don't see how this is feasible for the Leafs....or even possible. CBJ is highly unlikely to drop out of the top 5.

Wow...guess we'll see.

Xoggz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 01:42 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock View Post
Let's say Burke wants the 1st and 2nd overall picks, I would think the deals would have to look like

To Edm: Gardiner, Colborne, 2013 1st

Your kidding right, Edmonton or Montreal would want nothing to with Colborne or Kadri. We're talking about the 1st and 3rd overall picks and your're going have to blow them away with a offer and neither one does.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 01:43 PM
Xoggz22

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkbox View Post
there is also talk among CBJ draft crazies that the CBJ will in fact take a look at this or something like it to move to add an additional top pick in the draft
That would likely only happen with a Nash trade. Seems more plausible than the Leafs making 2 trades to get to the top of the draft but who knows. Crazy times these draft things....

Xoggz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 01:43 PM
lefty2time*

Burke will have to empty to farm to get the number1 and 2 picks.

lefty2time* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 01:45 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

let's go backwards...what do CBJ have to add to Brassard and LA's 1st to move up to #3?

Fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 01:50 PM
Falcons93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
Don't we hear every year that the Leafs are trying to trade up for the 1st overall?
Yah, it feels like we do lol

Falcons93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 01:52 PM
ManByng
Moroz fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsRock View Post
Oiler fans - * blah blah blah Massive overpayment blah blah blah Gardiner +5th overall

Oiler fans - * blah blah blah Massive overpayment blah blah blah Subban and 3rd overall

They can keep thier pick. I think The Leafs and The Habs will be glad to stay where they are and not give up the assets.
thank you and we WILL !!

ManByng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 01:55 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick View Post
You must not be familiar with the Toronto media

Jake Gardiner, 2013 1st + 2013 2nd for 2012 1st overall
Nikolai Kulemin + 2012 5th overall for 2012 2nd overall

In: Nail Yakupov and Alex Galchenyuk
Out: Jake Gardiner, Nikolai Kulemin, 2012 5th overall, 2013 1st round pick + 2013 2nd round pick

Am I out of my mind for thinking this is close to fair value?
I don't see this being enough for EDM; I would want
Gardiner, Colborne, Kuli, 2013 1st

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 02:01 PM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by notloilersfan View Post
I never heard that one. Do you have a source?
It was a radio interview Bryan Murray did here in Ottawa last year, leading up to the 2011 draft, where he mentioned the Oilers wanted "[our] Swedish defenceman with NHL experience" (read: Karlsson, not Rundblad), in addition to our own #6 overall pick, to move up to 1st overall.

BonkTastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 02:08 PM
SmellOfVictory

vCash: 50
ITT: draft picks are overvalued.

SmellOfVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 02:09 PM
IgorBorishnikov

TO fans: Stop including Kadri, Kulemin and Schenn in the proposals. Your trying to acquire the 1st and 2nd picks of the draft. the 3 mentioned are non-proven, over-rated wagons.

Also, if you were to trade EDM your 2013 1st... (because you gave up many valuable assets) you gave EDM Nathan Mckinnon.

IgorBorishnikov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 02:21 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by IgorBorishnikov View Post
TO fans: Stop including Kadri, Kulemin and Schenn in the proposals. Your trying to acquire the 1st and 2nd picks of the draft. the 3 mentioned are non-proven, over-rated wagons.

Also, if you were to trade EDM your 2013 1st... (because you gave up many valuable assets) you gave EDM Nathan Mckinnon.
So much wrong with this it is painful. Schenn is a good, developing defenceman who hits, blocks shots, and is not supposed to be an offensive force. Put him with the right partner and tell him to stay at home and hammer people and he will be quite a force. I would love to see the guy paired with Markov in Montreal. He is not over rated, nor is he un-proven. He is developing and needs to be put in the right situation to achieve success. If Yakupov and Murray are gone by #3, I would take Schenn and the 5th for our 3rd and Weber. Montreal could still get one of Grigorenko/Galchenyuk/Forsberg and we would also get a hard hitting young defenceman with the potential to be an elite level stay at home type. I think people need to remember that it takes defencemen longer to develop than forwards. Go look at how Chara looked the first 5 seasons he played at the NHL level, it will surprise you.

Geeze, as a Habs fan I am getting insulted on behalf of Schenn and Leafs fans due to the trashing of this young and already good player. I admit some Leaf fans have over rated his trade value at times, but almost every fan base does that with their young potential elite players. Relax on the trashing of Schenn, people. Yeesh, I hate defending the damned Laughs and find myself doing it more than I should of late...

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 02:25 PM
ChesapeakeRipper
reims isnt my goalie

referring to boondock's proposal (unable quote him)

i like the columbus trade. the only reason i don't like the edmonton trade is because of gardiner being included. what if it was schenn and holzer together instead of gardiner? would the oilers go for it?

To Edm: Schenn, Holzer, Colborne, 2013 1st

ChesapeakeRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 02:46 PM
Grant
LL Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
So much wrong with this it is painful. Schenn is a good, developing defenceman who hits, blocks shots, and is not supposed to be an offensive force. Put him with the right partner and tell him to stay at home and hammer people and he will be quite a force. I would love to see the guy paired with Markov in Montreal. He is not over rated, nor is he un-proven. He is developing and needs to be put in the right situation to achieve success. If Yakupov and Murray are gone by #3, I would take Schenn and the 5th for our 3rd and Weber. Montreal could still get one of Grigorenko/Galchenyuk/Forsberg and we would also get a hard hitting young defenceman with the potential to be an elite level stay at home type. I think people need to remember that it takes defencemen longer to develop than forwards. Go look at how Chara looked the first 5 seasons he played at the NHL level, it will surprise you.

Geeze, as a Habs fan I am getting insulted on behalf of Schenn and Leafs fans due to the trashing of this young and already good player. I admit some Leaf fans have over rated his trade value at times, but almost every fan base does that with their young potential elite players. Relax on the trashing of Schenn, people. Yeesh, I hate defending the damned Laughs and find myself doing it more than I should of late...
Yes it is a little ridiculous on both sides from some people. Some leafs fans think he is still the world and a great prospect. He is doing just fine for someone who was drafted #5 in my opinion. Isn't worth a #5 pick now IMO, but I would still put him in the #10-15 range. Someone who has played in 312 out of a possible 328 games before he turns 23 in my opinion is pretty damn good. As a player I am sure you strive to reach 1000 games played (as well as a cup obviously). Schenn is already almost 1/3 there with still 15+ years to go. Also his offensive game doesn't get enough credit in my opinion. 22 points each of the last 2 seasons is great for a guy that everyone pegs as a stay at home defenseman. Disagree with me if you want, that's how I see it.

Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 02:49 PM
Bobblehead

For Tambo to consider, I think the package has to include:
Gardiner (sorry Schenn doesn't cut it), TO 1st pick in 2012, and Frattin
Edmonton could include a mid round pick? Peckham? R Jones? to sweetin the pot.

Anything less form Toronto would be a "No thank you".

Bobblehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 02:50 PM
Grant
LL Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsRock View Post
what Dudley issue?
Some upset leafs fans that are jealous of you guys picking ahead of us think Montreal for some reason owe us because Dudley went over to Montreal.

Dudley's contract allowed him to leave, you always want to see people move up the ladder. Quite frankly if Dudley went to anyone but Edmonton, Columbus, Montreal or Islanders, this wouldn't even be an issue and we would have no idea who the hell Dudley is. There was a handshake agreement that Dudley doesn't help Montreal with the draft, that is fair to me and I'm fine with it. Sucks for Montreal that he can't help with the draft, but would be pretty unfair to the Leafs if he did as apparently he has been integral in preparing for it. No issue coming from me, good luck at the draft

Old
06-06-2012, 02:55 PM
BK201

For the source on Edmonton asking for Karlsson for the number 1 pic

http://www.silversevensens.com/2011/...-cameron-joins

Quote isn't working. This was last year for RNH.

Last edited by BK201: 06-06-2012 at 03:05 PM.
BK201 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 02:58 PM
Grant
LL Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK201 View Post
For the source on Edmonton asking for Karlsson fir the number 1 pic

http://www.silversevensens.com/2011/...-cameron-joins

Quote isn't working.
To quote I have been pressing the 'multi' button and then click 'reply'. Has been working for me just fine.

Just have to make sure you delete the other quotes or unpress multi after you have quoted.

Old
06-06-2012, 03:05 PM
CSimpson18

Yakupov's agent: possible that Leafs going to trade for Yak and Galchenyuk

I apologize if this has been posted already.

Nail Yakupov's agent, Igor Larionov, was quoted yesterday in an article at Oilers nation as saying :

Quote:
"I also know the Habs want to get one of my guys either Nail or Alex [Galchenyuk]. So do the Leafs. It is possible that the Leafs are going to trade their draft pick and get both of them. "
The full article is here.
http://oilersnation.com/2012/6/5/igo...the-2012-draft

It seems very odd that an agent would mention something like that. I can't imagine he would come up with that out of the blue. I'd imagine Burke wouldn't be impressed with having his plans leaked to the media, or maybe that's exactly what he wants.

I'm just curious what possible scenarios there could be for Burke to acquire both Galchenyuk AND Yakupov. I really don't see what Burke could offer up without giving up the Leafs own #5 pick. Keep in mind the Oilers are hoping to end their rebuild soon, so future picks likely aren't too enticing even if they are probable lottery picks.

CSimpson18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 03:08 PM
WJG
Running and Rioting

I just don't see Burke paying what it would cost to get 1st overall without giving up his own 5th overall pick.

For the 1st overall pick (with the Leafs' 5th overall pick not on the table), I think the Oilers ask for Gardiner + Schenn + TOR 2013 1st. Is it worth losing Gardiner (bluechip), Schenn (promising young defenseman) and next year's pick (Burke has no idea where the Leafs will draft - he doesn't want a repeat of the Kessel trade) to get Yakupov?

WJG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 03:11 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilch View Post
Second offer is no good. Maybe Schenn/Kadri and 5th overall.
Kulemin would be welcome, but he's not sufficient incentive to trade down by himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock View Post
Noooope. Adding anything to an otherwise straight up trade-down deal - particularly a player who's already done as good as or better than Kadri in the NHL - is not smart asset management.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 03:14 PM
CarvinSigX
Meh

Possible? Yes. Likely? Hell no.

CarvinSigX is online now   Reply With Quote