HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XII

Closed Thread

Old
06-06-2012, 03:28 PM
G3 LesPaul

vCash: 500
You guys arguing are just beating around the bush and doesn't change the fact that we won't get a big FA this offseason.

No matter if Washington is attractive or not or whatever the reason, it's not gonna happen.

We can dream though

Old
06-06-2012, 03:30 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy View Post
Again...I'll make this offer....

when the Caps sign Suter or Parise, I'll come back here and say you were right all along. When the Caps DON'T sign one of those two, you do the same, deal?

I'm guessing you won't accept either way, because it would be you admitting I was right.
Of course I won't accept, because it has NOTHING to do with this argument.

I'm not sure why you don't understand that. I never predicted the Caps would sign either of them. I never said the Caps would make competitive offers for them. I said the Caps are an attractive destination for them, and they'd consider signing for the Caps if the Caps make a competitive offer.

Old
06-06-2012, 03:30 PM
Carlzner
Who's Zed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by G3 LesPaul View Post
You guys arguing are just beating around the bush and doesn't change the fact that we won't get a big FA this offseason.

No matter if Washington is attractive or not or whatever the reason, it's not gonna happen.

We can dream though
Shhh... Duh, but this is pretty entertaining.

Old
06-06-2012, 03:32 PM
ChibiPooky
Caps/Avs/Bills fan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Tell you what, when the Caps sign Suter or Parise, I'll come back here and say you were right all along. When the Caps DON'T sign one of those two, you do the same, deal?

Nobody wants to be proven wrong more than I do. Trust me. I just know how the Caps/GMGM operate today and I accept it. You don't.
He's not arguing that Suter and/or Parise will sign in Washington. He's arguing that Suter and/or Parise wouldn't turn down a comparable/better offer from the Capitals based on Washington being an unattractive destination. In other words, he's saying that given equal contract terms, Washington is one of the more attractive teams to play for.

You appear to be arguing that the Caps' refusal to offer said competitive contract terms makes them a less attractive destination, which is true, but not really propos to his point.

Last edited by ChibiPooky: 06-06-2012 at 03:38 PM.
Old
06-06-2012, 03:32 PM
Liberati0n
Full Hammock

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
Yet again, you're COMPLETELY ignoring the premise of the argument.
Seriously not even worth bothering. Just move on.

Old
06-06-2012, 03:33 PM
G3 LesPaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden Carlzner View Post
Shhh... Duh, but this is pretty entertaining.

Old
06-06-2012, 03:34 PM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

Quote:
Again...I'll make this offer....

when the Caps sign Suter or Parise, I'll come back here and say you were right all along. When the Caps DON'T sign one of those two, you do the same, deal?

I'm guessing you won't accept either way, because it would be you admitting I was right.
Parise or Suter not signing here is in no way an indication of their willingness to sign here. Ergo it does not prove anyone is right or wrong.

Old
06-06-2012, 03:36 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
Of course I won't accept, because it has NOTHING to do with this argument.

I'm not sure why you don't understand that. I never predicted the Caps would sign either of them. I never said the Caps would make competitive offers for them. I said the Caps are an attractive destination for them, and they'd consider signing for the Caps if the Caps make a competitive offer.
And this is where I do the facepalm.

You're saying the Caps may never make competitive offers and yet they're still attractive?!!? All along claiming that ultimately free agents chase the almighty dollar. Well if a team has a history and reputation of never paying top $$ for UFA's, HOW THE HELL ARE THEY AN ATTRACTIVE FREE AGENT DESTINATION FOR PLAYERS CHASING THE LARGEST CONTRACTS??!?!

Come on dude...

Old
06-06-2012, 03:37 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynCapsFan View Post
Parise or Suter not signing here is in no way an indication of their willingness to sign here. Ergo it does not prove anyone is right or wrong.
If the Caps are even in the mix/bidding it sure does. If the Caps don't even make an offer you're right.

Old
06-06-2012, 03:37 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:

You're saying the Caps may never make competitive offers and yet they're still attractive?!!? All along claiming that ultimately free agents chase the almighty dollar. Well if a team has a history and reputation of never paying top $$ for UFA's, HOW THE HELL ARE THEY AN ATTRACTIVE FREE AGENT DESTINATION FOR PLAYERS CHASING THE LARGEST CONTRACTS??!?!

Come on dude...
Uh, because in my premise, as I've maintained all along, they would be offering the largest contract?

Old
06-06-2012, 03:38 PM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

Quote:

Come on dude...
LOUD. NOISES.

raaaaaaaaaaaaaahggghhhhhhhhhggghhh

Closed Thread