HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mike Green to Edmonton?

Old
06-06-2012, 12:54 AM
lakai17

vCash: 50
Mike Green to Edmonton?

What would Edmonton have to ship Washington to acquire Mike Green in a trade??

Last edited by lakai17: 06-07-2012 at 01:06 AM.
lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 01:23 AM
Bergeron47

vCash: 966
I'm hoping caps would want Hemsky to replace Semin.

Bergeron47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 01:38 AM
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergeron47 View Post
I'm hoping caps would want Hemsky to replace Semin.
You are going to be disappointed.

The Caps want to win now. Edmonton's win now pieces are worth much more than Green or significantly less.

Mr Misty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 01:38 AM
Sloth Slothersons*
They cut my beard

Probably nothing we want to give up. Of course the most obvious pieces are Hemsky and Gagner, not sure Washington would want either of those two.

Sloth Slothersons* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 01:40 AM
CSimpson18

Why bother asking? The answer will always be Hall, Nuge, Eberle or Nail. And that's too much.

CSimpson18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 01:52 AM
Timbo Slice
Captain Eich

1st round pick in 2013. You pray to God that the Oilers improve and the pick is around #10, not another top 3.

That's the only deal that's really possible, imo.

Timbo Slice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 01:54 AM
Royal Canuck
Ronnie Hockey!

vCash: 814
Green hasn't really impressed me the past couple years, especially with all the injuries. I seem to always pick him in my pools, and seems to always be dissapointed. I don't think Washington would give him up for cheap however, his value is still high. Washington could eye up some of Edmonton's prospects for him.

Twitter |HFBoards Contact | Blog
PSN - TBennz
"You're never a loser until you quit trying. " - Mike Ditka
Royal Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 02:11 AM
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo Slice View Post
1st round pick in 2013. You pray to God that the Oilers improve and the pick is around #10, not another top 3.

That's the only deal that's really possible, imo.
That could happen if the Caps were rebuilding and selling assets for futures. Which they aren't.

Mr Misty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 02:19 AM
CommonMeans*

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
What would Edmonton have to ship Washington to acquire Edmontonian Mike Green in a trade??
I like Green but I don't think he's the kind of d-man the Oil would look to be targeting.

I admit I haven't watched a tonne of Green's play, but he appears a bit too one dimensional for what the Oil need.

Offense from the back end is not what the Oilers need. Willie Mitchell type d-men, in the short term, would be ideal for the short term IMO.

CommonMeans* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 03:34 AM
um

hemsky
gagner

for

green
perrault
boston 2nd

um is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 03:35 AM
um

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommonMeans View Post
I like Green but I don't think he's the kind of d-man the Oil would look to be targeting.

I admit I haven't watched a tonne of Green's play, but he appears a bit too one dimensional for what the Oil need.

Offense from the back end is not what the Oilers need. Willie Mitchell type d-men, in the short term, would be ideal for the short term IMO.
green isnt 1 dimensional, he has a good defensive game now

um is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 03:46 AM
Trafalgar McLaw
Waive Dallas Eakins

Quote:
Originally Posted by um View Post
hemsky
gagner

for

green
perrault
boston 2nd
I'd say yes as an Oilers fan.

Trafalgar McLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 01:20 PM
lakai17

Quote:
hemsky
gagner

for

green
perrault
boston 2nd
not too bad.

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 01:31 PM
CSimpson18

Quote:
hemsky
gagner

for

green
perrault
boston 2nd
I believe Green has one more year to UFA. Is that accurate? I wouldn't do this deal for a single year but if he inked a 3 year contract I'd make this trade.

CSimpson18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 01:32 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Green for Hemsky sounds about right. Both are excellent talents, when they're healthy but both have huge health issues.

Though Green and Whitney on the same team? I guess you'll end up with about 82 games between the both of them.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 01:53 PM
RaabHart
Where's the Hart?

Quote:

The last thing Edmonton Defense needs is a Willie Mitchell. I haven't run the numbers since the end of the season but around mid season Edmonton had fewer points then any other defense core in the league. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if Karlsson and Gonchar combined had more points then all the defensemen who played for Edmonton this year. Offense is generated from the backend and it's not surprising that Edmonton had yet another horrendous season and that a team like Phoenix was able to make the Western Conference final once you realize this.

RaabHart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 01:57 PM
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 95
Hemsky could be interesting on the Caps. He is always the passer and when you have a sniper in Ovi, could work really well. One of those I would hum and haw about and not sure if I would pull the trigger to unite them.

Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 02:03 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
hemsky
gagner

for

green
perrault
boston 2nd
God no from the Caps.

I'm not entirely convinced that given 82 as 2nd line center, Perrault would do any worse than Gagner.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 02:23 PM
Zoidberg Jesus
Trotzkyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
Green for Hemsky sounds about right. Both are excellent talents, when they're healthy but both have huge health issues.

Though Green and Whitney on the same team? I guess you'll end up with about 82 games between the both of them.
Green's health issues and Hemsky's health issues aren't remotely similar.

Green has had an exceptional run of bad luck in the past two years, sustaining three totally unrelated injuries.The first two, a concussion and an ankle injury, are by all appearances no longer affecting him. The sports hernia surgery is a longer fix with an extended recovery period, but is a 100% fix (Danny Briere had the same surgery, and says he's now perfectly fine).

Hemsky has had a long string of shoulder injuries and surgeries. The Caps know from experience that these injuries never go away, and the surgeries are never 100% fixes. Former Cap Eric Fehr had the same issues, right down to the type of injury - torn labrum. The surgeries were always touted as complete fixes, that his shoulder problems were behind him. Some even said that he would be more resistant to shoulder injuries than the average player. But the truth is that there is no fix for these shoulder problems, and they'll eventually derail Hemsky's career the same way they derailed Fehr's. There's no way the Caps will give up Green just to watch a replay of Fehr's career.

It's already been noted by others that there are no assets on the Oilers that they'd be willing to move that would interest the Caps. Barring an over payment from the Oilers, Green will not be going to Edmonton.

Zoidberg Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 03:10 PM
Kevin8se7en
Unregistered User

Don't they already have Mike Green? He just wears a jersey that says "Whitney" on the back....

Kevin8se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 03:27 PM
Brave Sir Robin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
God no from the Caps.

I'm not entirely convinced that given 82 as 2nd line center, Perrault would do any worse than Gagner.
This. While I like Hemsky, his recent form, combined with injury history and a hefty 5mil cap hit makes him a poor fit for the Caps, even if he could be had cheaply. With Johansson and Perreault on the roster Gagner is completely unnecessary. There is no way Caps would trade Green for those two.

Brave Sir Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 03:28 PM
missinthejets

Quote:

offense from the back end is exactly what the oilers need. last season their best offensive defenseman was Petry and he is only OK offensively. Another really good offensive defenceman would help the oilers more than another defensive guy. They already got plenty of people who can play a shutdown role (and as far as their prospect defencemen go the ones closest to stepping up are the defensive guys too)

missinthejets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 03:39 PM
Koized

I highly doubt the Capitals deal Green at this point. Not only would they be trading him when his value is at an all-time low, it would leave a big hole on their defense assuming they don't get a defenseman back and Wideman doesn't re-sign. With that said, Green has substantially more value than Gagner or Hemsky.

Koized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 03:57 PM
Jooked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoidberg Jesus View Post
Hemsky has had a long string of shoulder injuries and surgeries. The Caps know from experience that these injuries never go away, and the surgeries are never 100% fixes. Former Cap Eric Fehr had the same issues, right down to the type of injury - torn labrum. The surgeries were always touted as complete fixes, that his shoulder problems were behind him. Some even said that he would be more resistant to shoulder injuries than the average player. But the truth is that there is no fix for these shoulder problems, and they'll eventually derail Hemsky's career the same way they derailed Fehr's. There's no way the Caps will give up Green just to watch a replay of Fehr's career.
Surgeries didn't derail Drew Bree's career. He came back won the Super Bowl and broke Dan Marino's passing record. He had a torn rotator cup and labrum in his throwing shoulder....

Jooked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 04:03 PM
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jooked View Post
Surgeries didn't derail Drew Bree's career. He came back won the Super Bowl and broke Dan Marino's passing record. He had a torn rotator cup and labrum in his throwing shoulder....
Last I checked, hockey players use their shoulders just a wee bit differently than quarterbacks.

ChibiPooky is offline   Reply With Quote