HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Can Radulov become a Hab?

Old
06-06-2012, 05:07 PM
ChoseLa

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
If you're a hab fan and want Radulov, I ask for you to leave.
*Leaves*

ChoseLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 05:11 PM
Dagistitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roke View Post
Not just Jeff Carter! The Kings might win tonight with 2 drunks and a fatty playing as a line.

Don't forget about Doughty, who puts himself before the team.

Dagistitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 05:16 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
*Leaves*
I understand that some Habs fans are desperate for talent. You guys were Likely the Kovalev fans, but I think this "NEW" Mgmt team can do better than Radulov Via Free Agency or trade.

Player 61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 05:51 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
*Leaves*
Just to clarify why, Radulov isn't skilled enough to get away with being a *****, not back checking and being an enigma in the playoffs.

Analyzer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 05:53 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxPac67 View Post
I understand that some Habs fans are desperate for talent. You guys were Likely the Kovalev fans, but I think this "NEW" Mgmt team can do better than Radulov Via Free Agency or trade.
If his rights can be had for as cheap as Vokoun's...I'm all for it.

Worse comes to worse, he goes packing to the KHL after a short stint with the habs. Not much risk involved if he only costs a 5th-7th.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 05:54 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Just to clarify why, Radulov isn't skilled enough to get away with being a *****, not back checking and being an enigma in the playoffs.
Radulov was pretty intense in the first round. Clearly something happened after that.

Old
06-06-2012, 05:54 PM
kassian

Don't want Radulov anywhere near this team. It's not like there's any reason for him not to come back to the KHL after that failed Nashville stint.

kassian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 05:57 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

vCash: 50
Quote:
I'm not exactly a fan of his and I wouldn't be all that happy to have him in Montreal (especially not if it's true he's asking for a longterm deal with a lot of $), but his back-checking issues are exaggerated. My main issue with him is his tendency to take long shifts (and by that I mean that he likes to stay on the ice a lot longer than his line is supposed to) a la Kovalev.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 05:58 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodson Hoggs View Post
Don't want Radulov anywhere near this team. It's not like there's any reason for him not to come back to the KHL after that failed Nashville stint.

Quote:
Radulov, who will turn 26 next month, has a lucrative contract offer on the table from CKSA of the KHL, the league in which he played the last four seasons before returning to the Predators for the stretch run and the playoffs, but a well-placed source has told The Post the winger would prefer to continue his career in the NHL.

Quote:
Predators forward Alexander Radulov reportedly turned down an invitation from Team Russia, so that he could undergo knee surgery.

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 06:02 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
If his rights can be had for as cheap as Vokoun's...I'm all for it.

Worse comes to worse, he goes packing to the KHL after a short stint with the habs. Not much risk involved if he only costs a 5th-7th.
Poile won't trade him for scraps, he said that if no one offers anything enticing they'll simply qualify him and keep him as long as someone doesn't offer them something of value.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 06:07 PM
Stradale

Highly doubt he comes here with everything that happened to him in Nashville with AK. It's not much but I don't think Bergevin will bring a controversial player like Radulov.

We won't get Radulov
We won't get Semin
We won't get Jagr
We won't get Parise
We won't get Suter

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 06:16 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
Poile won't trade him for scraps, he said that if no one offers anything enticing they'll simply qualify him and keep him as long as someone doesn't offer them something of value.
Then Poile is the dumbest ****ing GM in the league (not that I had any suspicions that he wasn't)...

They've already said that Radulov WILL NOT play for them this year. A 5th round pick is more "enticing" than qualifying him to burn the last year of his contract.

Old
06-06-2012, 07:05 PM
Lebowski

As talented as this kid is, I'm not sure it would be a nice fit. Not only because it is Montréal, but since Therrien is the new coach, he's not really the kind of guy that goes along well with unprofessional behaviors such as Radulov's.

When you hear Therrien going on and on about Crosby and how he wants his players to model themselves after him, you just can't expect he would go along too well with a guy like Radulov.

It's actually sad, because he'd definitely bring a spark offensively, but at what cost? I wouldn't go to the extent of calling him a troublemaker, but i have my doubts on his commitment level to actually play to win the Stanley Cup.

So all in all, I'd lean towards the "no" option. Much like Semin, he's a talented player, something we cruelly lack up front, but there's more to a hockey player than just talent.

Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 07:11 PM
NewHabsEra*

Too much of a risk.. I dont think his skills level are that impressive for a guy that have a so bad reputation.. I dont think he is a team player, Im not sure the kid is very bright either.. I would rather sign a guy vet like Jarg for 1 year to fill a hole short term on the top 2 lines or try to trade for Latendresse if he has trouble to agree on a deal with Minny..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 07:15 PM
MTL-rules

Please, We don't have any top 6 wingers to play with Plekanec (unless he's a midget), but we want to turn down an elite talent in Radulov.

He's more than welcome and would instantly make this team a lot better... his off ice issues are more than overblown, probably wouldn't heard a thing if he wasn't Russian.

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 07:16 PM
habsfanatics

I, for one, would love to be on the receiving end of some young, cheap, highly skilled brats, rather than the ones giving them away for free.

habsfanatics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 08:21 PM
HabsSlappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfanatics View Post
I, for one, would love to be on the receiving end of some young, cheap, highly skilled brats, rather than the ones giving them away for free.
Good call.
The Habs are severely lacking high end skill. If he can be had for a late round pick, you jump all over it. Pay him his money and be aware that he may go back to Russia and accept it. Its not like you gave up much to get him.

Then sign jagr and have the following:

Pacioretty Desharnais Cole
Radulov Plekanec Jagr
Bourque Eller Gionta
White Gaustad Moen

That is sexy in my eyes.

HabsSlappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 08:41 PM
AllanMTL46
Alexei BOOM Emelin

No Radulov, please. In Montreal he would always be critized.

AllanMTL46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 09:12 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

We are so weak that the wings that I would definitely make a pitch. Maybe bring in Radulov and bring Kostitsyn back.

Patches - DD - Cole
Radulov - Pleks - Kosty
Bourque - Eller - Gionta

Sounds a lot better than

Patches - DD - Cole
Bourque - Plekanec - Gionta
XXX - Eller - XXX

I'm definitely not a fan of him breaking team rules, but we don't know much except that he missed curfew. I've seen really good kids miss curfew before. You can tell when he's playing that he wants to win - its his off-ice antics that need to be improved.

If we weren't so weak at the wings, I'd look elsewhere. But I'd try to get any decent depth I could right now.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 09:49 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
We are so weak that the wings that I would definitely make a pitch. Maybe bring in Radulov and bring Kostitsyn back.

Patches - DD - Cole
Radulov - Pleks - Kosty
Bourque - Eller - Gionta

Sounds a lot better than

Patches - DD - Cole
Bourque - Plekanec - Gionta
XXX - Eller - XXX

. I've seen really good kids miss curfew before. You can tell when he's playing that he wants to win - its his off-ice antics that need to be improved.
And did you see them leave for Russia as well? He missed the curfew at the worst moment of his life, worst timing ever, the guy is either not very smart or totally clueless, personally I think its not flying very high if you know what I mean.. On the ice, he gets frustrated pretty quickly and already acts like a primadona superstar when in fact the kid proved absolutely nothing at the NHL level yet.. I dont care how many pts he got in the KHL and how many coaches he killed there, I would rather fill our lines with less skilled but way more dedicated guys that will get used easily to the team concept.. If you trade to get the rights on Radulov, it means you will have to trade a very good asset for him, so it means you plan to sign the guy for at least 3 years, what is a very bad idea IMO and very risky taking in consideration theteam concept Therrien wanna bring.. Anyway Im not worried, there is no way Bergevin trade for that bum..

Last edited by NewHabsEra*: 06-06-2012 at 09:57 PM.
NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 10:28 PM
FF de Mars

If we managed to trade up for Yakupov and get Radulov, Plekanec's line would be our first line, and Patches-DD-Cole our second line. Finally we'd have enough fire power to go by.

FF de Mars is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 10:43 PM
Et le But

I would never give anything up (besides money) for Radulov, that's for sure.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 10:45 PM
groovejuice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I would never give anything up (besides money) for Radulov, that's for sure.
No need to. Odds are he'll be UFA.

groovejuice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 11:00 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars View Post
If we managed to trade up for Yakupov and get Radulov, Plekanec's line would be our first line, and Patches-DD-Cole our second line. Finally we'd have enough fire power to go by.
Plekanec's line should be the first one regardless of that.
Giving the two best wingers to the 2nd center was about as dumb a move as walking in shorts, t-shirt and flip flops during a snow storm.

We ''tried'' that last season and it resulted in us finishing 15th. What was even more frustrating was not seeing that DD line change even though it wasn't leading us to victories and they were producing.

RC turned Plekanec into a 3rd line center, Eller into a 4th one and AK into a 4th liner. All for no reason, at all. Boy I'm glad he's no longer coach.

As for Radulov, people love to blow things out of proportion.
Radu and AK get home perfectly sober but about one hour too late. Spin that around and it comes out as ''Radu and AK got drunk and partied till the wee hours of the morning. Their teammates want nothing to do with them. They are bad cancers, traitors and distractions''. I don't know why people feed into that really...it's quite disturbing.

Radu, if UFA, arguably becomes the best winder available with Semin. Ironically, a lot of people here do not want anything to do with either, even though they are proven talent and producers.
I'd gladly welcome either or both of them. We have no freaking talent on this team.

I'm pretty sure Mtl fans would have chased Kopitar out of town already had we picked him.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 11:37 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovejuice View Post
No need to. Odds are he'll be UFA.
In which case, unless we can land Parise, he deserves at least an offer. We are too desperate for talent on the wings to not at least talk to his agent, both him and Semin.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote