HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Preds sever ties to Radulov. Looking to trade rights

Closed Thread

Old
06-06-2012, 01:01 PM
token grinder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IgorBorishnikov View Post
We all know why Radulov left the ELC in the first place. Now he came back to the nhl for 9-8? reg. season games and went right in the playoffs. Put up solid numbers (maybe didn't play his hardest D). Now neither Nashville or Rad want to be involved with each other. A. He does want his moneys worth in a new contract. B. Who in they're right mind would want to play and LIVE in nashville tennesee?? I don't blame a russian to not want to live there. I think he will stay in the NHL and for the talent he has I bet someone will pay around 4-4.5mil a year.

And to all of those bashing him for his D... He had 9 days to adjust to the NHL and the Nash system. Granted NHL is a lot harder to play in (defensively)

I'm bet with the summer/pre-season he will get acclimated to playing D just like any other forward.
a few questions here...

1.) why did radulov leave with a year left on his ELC? a link with it would be awesome too rather than mindless conjecture.

2.) I am really trying not to type out a response to the bolded that will get me yet another infraction when trying to debate opinions and comments with well, the dull knives in the drawer. Please list some of the reasons anyone in their right mind would not want to play or live in Nashville. Please ignore these when you make the list: the beautiful city, the growing job market, no state income tax, a top 3 goalie in the league, the best dpair in the league, a young, talented, hard-working group committed to a team game, no harsh winter, and a growing rabid fan base.

3.) do you know the system we ran when he was here before? I will give you a hint, it was a two high forecheck. Now go watch some Nashville tape and let me know what they ran this year. I can't wait for the answer.

Old
06-06-2012, 01:26 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock View Post
Swap Vodka to Beer and you have the common conception of Canadians
Canada has a population of 140million?

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard armus View Post
I wont give much for him. The playoff stunt was the final nail in his coffin for me
The one where they weren't out drinking at all and instead returned an hour late from dinner and the team overreacted by suspending him two games because Barry Trotz found out after the fact and looked like a fool for not knowing what his players were up to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1PredsFan1IslesFan View Post
do the Rangers have the cap space to sign him?
especially at his asking price?

He made about what 5 or 6 mill in KHL. you know he'll want something close to that.

If the blure-shirts are crazy enough to offer Zuccarello I'd go for it. Trotz knows how to get the best out his guys.
Zuccarello has an NHL out clause in his KHL contract and I'd definitely be all for sending Zucc to Nashville. The guy deserves to be in the NHL.

Ranger have the cap space even without moving someone or factoring LTIR from Gaborik and Sauer.

Old
06-06-2012, 02:28 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by IgorBorishnikov View Post
We all know why Radulov left the ELC in the first place. Now he came back to the nhl for 9-8? reg. season games and went right in the playoffs. Put up solid numbers (maybe didn't play his hardest D). Now neither Nashville or Rad want to be involved with each other. A. He does want his moneys worth in a new contract. B. Who in they're right mind would want to play and LIVE in nashville tennesee?? I don't blame a russian to not want to live there. I think he will stay in the NHL and for the talent he has I bet someone will pay around 4-4.5mil a year.

And to all of those bashing him for his D... He had 9 days to adjust to the NHL and the Nash system. Granted NHL is a lot harder to play in (defensively)

I'm bet with the summer/pre-season he will get acclimated to playing D just like any other forward.
9 posts? seems legit.

Look everyone, we have a troll!

Old
06-06-2012, 02:31 PM
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28

vCash: 300
I'll take him in Philly. Holmgren needs that one obscure acquisition to complete his off season quota. Plus I want to see him play with Giroux.

Old
06-06-2012, 03:18 PM
InjuredChoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingForsberg View Post
I'll take him in Philly. Holmgren needs that one obscure acquisition to complete his off season quota. Plus I want to see him play with Giroux.
He could do some damage with Giroux. Phillys playing style would suit him well. With the shot Hartnell had last year, they could tear apart many teams.

Old
06-06-2012, 03:19 PM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

Rangers fans don't want him, not enough #JAM

Old
06-06-2012, 04:37 PM
tmunnuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillDineen View Post
How about his complete disinterest in backchecking that was highlighted during one intermission during the playoffs. If you cannot even pretend to care skating back when you could be involved in preventing a goal, no fan is going to support that player.
The ****? You would think then that a lot more players would be getting this much hate, no? Or are you going to argue that Radulov was the only player to not have back checked once?

Old
06-06-2012, 04:50 PM
Halpysback

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillDineen View Post
How about his complete disinterest in backchecking that was highlighted during one intermission during the playoffs. If you cannot even pretend to care skating back when you could be involved in preventing a goal, no fan is going to support that player.
As if we needed further proof that propaganda and hatchet jobs work really well on the masses.

Can't believe someone actually bought that ******** highlight reel without taking 10 seconds to think things through.

Old
06-06-2012, 04:52 PM
Michael Gary Scott
Toronto Maple Tron's

vCash: 50
Pens makes sense

Old
06-06-2012, 04:56 PM
cgf

Radulov would be damn sexy next to any of McGinn-Stastny, Landeskog-O'Reilly or Mueller-Duchene. Wonder what Nashville will let him go for.

Old
06-06-2012, 05:01 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

In Soviet Russia, ties sever you!

Old
06-06-2012, 05:47 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Poile was in 102.5 the game thisafternoon, the primary discussion points were Radulov and status of ongoing contract talks with Suter. The highlights:

-Team came to decision to cut ties with Radulov--not the other way around.
-not a unilateral decision: coaches, GM, and player leadership agreed that it wasn't going to work out going forward.
-Radulov's preference is to stay in the NHL, or at least it was. Preds and JG did talk about a few options that would see Radulov stay in Nashville, but(key) the absurd amount being offered by CSKA threw that out. Preds were willing to consider a one year "prove it" deal, but Radulov and agent unwilling to consider anything but a longer deal and not a cheap one.
-if the Predators don't get an offer they like, and they have spoken to a few teams with interest, they'll simply qualify him and hold him until someone makes it worthwhile. "he'll be an asset to us one way or another"
-NOT willing to just "give him away." would rather sit on his rights than let him go for a paltry sum.
-was continually complimentary of Rads' skill, said that there was just too much "growing/maturity" lacking. Predators want to go all in on players that are willing to all in.
-thinks the KHL is hellbent on getting him back and making him their posterboy heading into Sochi.
-decision was NOT MADE BASED ON CURFEW INCIDENT alone. It factored in, but more in the way it represented a behavior pattern.
-thinks Rad can be a star player, but talent alone won't do it. Needs to work on "being accountable on and off the ice" above all.
-one point mentioned was his tendency to simply stay out as long as he felt like for shifts(he got in trouble for this in his rookie year as well). Poile said that sort of thing fouls up all 4 lines and also builds resentment in the guys whose ice time gets out of whack

That's essentially it--but as mentioned, key takeaways are that Preds aren't looking to get "something, anything" for him, and whomever trades for him is likely going to have to offer a longer deal for a fair bit of money to get him to ignore the 7.6 million per deal on the table in the KHL.

Old
06-06-2012, 06:23 PM
Flat Stanley

Ray Shero was assistant GM of the Preds when they drafted him. He's also good friends with Malkin.

People can say he's not a good locker room guy and the Pens won't take him, but the Pens do make sense.

Old
06-06-2012, 06:25 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyes of Orpik View Post
Ray Shero was assistant GM of the Preds when they drafted him. He's also good friends with Malkin.

People can say he's not a good locker room guy and the Pens won't take him, but the Pens do make sense.
Pens make serious sense to me.

Old
06-06-2012, 06:32 PM
Pyromaniac3

Remember when GMs were complaining how Poile was able to get for free? Wow, what a headcase he has been.

Old
06-06-2012, 07:28 PM
GaryU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
Pens make serious sense to me.
Pens have enough cap room?

Old
06-06-2012, 07:34 PM
Flat Stanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryU View Post
Pens have enough cap room?
$8.7M at the moment.

Crosby and Staal still need extensions.

Malkin and Letang need extensions next off season.

A Martin trade is possible for cap space, same for Kennedy.

It depends on what Radulov is looking for.

Old
06-06-2012, 08:16 PM
The Special K
Hoss MOFO, Hoss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyes of Orpik View Post
$8.7M at the moment.

Crosby and Staal still need extensions.

Malkin and Letang need extensions next off season.

A Martin trade is possible for cap space, same for Kennedy.

It depends on what Radulov is looking for.

Wow....both Crosby and Malkin are going to be extended in a 2 year span?!?! That sucks. There goes at least 17-20 mill.

Old
06-07-2012, 04:38 AM
mytor4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Special K View Post
Wow....both Crosby and Malkin are going to be extended in a 2 year span?!?! That sucks. There goes at least 17-20 mill.
Sid becomes a UFA after next season. The Pens won't have to worry about any contract extensions with Sid as i can see him leaving to go to another team.

Old
06-07-2012, 05:04 AM
Man Bear Pig

I'd take his talent in a heartbeat. Just gotta pray the guy can grow up.

Old
06-07-2012, 07:23 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Weekes Notice View Post
Ugh. This guy seems like such an a-hole. I don't care how talented he is, I wouldn't want him anywhere near my team.
I'm thinking the same thing. No way his talent makes up for his me first attitude.

Old
06-07-2012, 09:49 AM
norwoodmustang

Send a message via AIM to norwoodmustang Send a message via MSN to norwoodmustang Send a message via Yahoo to norwoodmustang
Tim Thomas and a late round pick for Radulov

Old
06-07-2012, 09:58 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by norwoodmustang View Post
Tim Thomas and a late round pick for Radulov
I was just thinking, "What the Preds really need is a goalie!"

Old
06-07-2012, 10:00 AM
Northern Heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSimpson18 View Post
People like Radulov piss me off. All the talent in the world but a massive sense of entitlement and no loyalty other than to himself. I hope he goes to russia and we never hear of him over here again. He's really done a disservice to all the Russian kids who want to play in the best league in the world in the future. The "russian factor" becomes more and more of a concern in the minds of NHL GMs every time the name Radulov is spoken.
This.

His name always comes up as an example when teams are hesitant about picking up Russian players. Good riddance Radulov, it wasn't as hard to forget about you as you think it was.

Old
06-07-2012, 10:08 AM
norwoodmustang

Send a message via AIM to norwoodmustang Send a message via MSN to norwoodmustang Send a message via Yahoo to norwoodmustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post
I was just thinking, "What the Preds really need is a goalie!"
Nashville has the cap space to take Thomas, the Bruins can use another wing. And if neither player suits up for the new team, both teams have still rid themselves of a problem without really acquiring much of one.

Closed Thread