HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

SCF Gm#4, 6/6/12: KINGS lose 3-1 to DEVILS, Devils live to fight another day ...

Closed Thread

Old
06-06-2012, 10:26 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

vCash: 500
Just seemed like to much of a festive attitude today around Staples, I wonder if maybe the players got caught up in that, I mean come on 22 shots in a game like this? The Kings were asleep for much of this game.

Not blaming the fans for getting there early, if I could have, I would have been there. Still think chanting Marty in the 3rd of a 0-0 game is stupid, lets not give this guy any more motivation.

Just like the other 2 times we were in this situation, I am confident the Kings will close things out in Newark on Saturday. And there is really no reason to worry, even if the Kings lose on Saturday, they still have a clinching game on home ice and if that somehow fails another road game for game 7 (where they would be 10-1 going into it)

Less pressure and no stupid chants on Saturday, just a job to do, and they will do it.

Old
06-06-2012, 10:26 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Hrudey View Post
Brodeur was amazing tonight, he won the game, its not that the Kings blew chances Marty was standing on his head all night
The post was his best friend tonight!

Old
06-06-2012, 10:27 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Pretty everything I was gonna say, has been said. Simply couldn't bury their chances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
What bothers me the most is that the next game isn't until Saturday
This x1000.

Old
06-06-2012, 10:27 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

People kept telling me Kings got this, Kings got the sweep. I said one thing, Marty Brodeur isn't letting a sweep happen. What scares me more is momentum, Devils are starting to feel good and they're heading back home. The Kings for sure feel disappointment and we'll see if they can shake that off on Saturday or not

Old
06-06-2012, 10:28 PM
Tundra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
The post was his best friend tonight!
But the devils have to do a better job of clearing the crease. Kings are getting far too many bodies in front of Brodeur.

Old
06-06-2012, 10:29 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra View Post
But the devils have to do a better job of clearing the crease. Kings are getting far too many bodies in front of Brodeur.
Funny.. I was thinking the Kings need to get more bodies in front of the net. Both goalies played very well. It's just the Devils finished their chances. (much like this series)

I don't want to wait till Saturday.

Old
06-06-2012, 10:29 PM
Tundra

Quote:
People kept telling me Kings got this, Kings got the sweep. I said one thing, Marty Brodeur isn't letting a sweep happen. What scares me more is momentum, Devils are starting to feel good and they're heading back home. The Kings for sure feel disappointment and we'll see if they can shake that off on Saturday or not
The devils were dead in the second. You could see it in the body language. Kings were real close to deliver the killing blow. Now the devils get a reprieve, two days off along with the element of a roaring crowd that can carry the weary bones.

Old
06-06-2012, 10:30 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra View Post
The devils were dead in the second. You could see it in the body language. Kings were real close to deliver the killing blow. Now the devils get a reprieve, two days off along with the element of a roaring crowd that can carry the weary bones.
You can stop now.. seriously.. go enjoy your Devils win.

Old
06-06-2012, 10:31 PM
sueroe

Quote:
It is not unusual for a team to lose the 4th game. We have been watching an amazing run where the Kings have been blowing everyone out of the water, but this is the finals and the Devils are going to play desperate. We didn't really get outplayed. The Kings had puck possession for good portions of the game, got quite a few chances, that they weren't able to finish, hit some posts. Quick is playing well. We have three games. This team is good for one more

Old
06-06-2012, 10:34 PM
Dawdler

any long suffering fan, will tell you the Kings never do things by the fairy tale book.

They didn't seem right tonight and now they have to pay the price by having to travel back to New Jersey.d

I hope they can regroup on the road because they gave a lot of people blue balls tonight.

on the brightside we get to have Bob call another game for a future DVD release.

Old
06-06-2012, 10:38 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

At least Simon Gagné played well. Would anyone be surprised to see playing on a line with Richards and Carter on Saturday?

Old
06-06-2012, 10:40 PM
gerhart

Send a message via MSN to gerhart
A friend and I have tickets to Game 5 in Newark. We are driving down from Ottawa, Ontario. My friend is a Leafs fan - but more so a diehard hockey fan. Although I am overly disappointed in the loss tonight, I am excited to have the opportunity to see the Kings close out the series in New Jersey! We're heading down Saturday morning. The seven hour drive will be worth it!!

I will keep checking for any gatherings, but if anyone is attending, feel free to send me a message!

Old
06-06-2012, 10:42 PM
jml87

Quote:
At least Simon Gagné played well. Would anyone be surprised to see playing on a line with Richards and Carter on Saturday?
That's too much of a drastic move in my opinion. Penner played well tonight, just didn't capitalize on his chances. They just need to refocus and figure out what they did wrong tonight. Come out stronger than ever on Saturday.

Old
06-06-2012, 10:44 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

This is like game 2 was inverse results. 'Twas a game of inches, had those two post shots gone in, we'd be witnessing a celebration. The puck doesn't bounce your way all the time.

Old
06-06-2012, 10:46 PM
Vamos Rafa
ˇVamos!

Does anyone else feel like this is the worse Kings loss you've experienced? I was too young to experience any of the 1993 Cup Final losses. I don't know, but this **** is really bothering me. Maybe because I have two days to carry this loss.

Old
06-06-2012, 10:46 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

This is annoying, another 2 days of how much pressure is on the Kings and all that, I wish they could just play tomorrow

Old
06-06-2012, 10:47 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillinnap View Post
Does anyone else feel like this is the worse Kings loss you've experienced? I was too young to experience any of the 1993 Cup Final losses. I don't know, but this **** is really bothering me. Maybe because I have two days to carry this loss.
I'm in the exact same boat, I feel the same. I don't know why. This is the worst feeling in the world

Old
06-06-2012, 10:49 PM
deeshamrock

Quote:
I thought of as the game went on, esp on Penner's breakaways.

Richards and Gagne have a long and very succesful history. They were very good together, gagne always knew just where to be to get Richie's passes.
I wouldn't be surprised if Sutter put him there, Gagne played a good game and when you have built in history (sucessful) with a center, it's seems logical to put them back together.

Old
06-06-2012, 10:52 PM
Scottkmlps

Two posts, a narrow miss by Richards, a blown break away by Lewis (why didn't he put the puck over Brodeur?), and Penner missing on his breakaway. The bounces definitely didn't go there way.
Now I'm torn. Do I want them to extend the road winning streak, or do I want them to win it at home?

Old
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
I feel the same way. Seeing them break out the cup during the second intermission and then having the Kings lose is almost cruel to this long suffering fanbase

Old
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Quote:
I'm in the exact same boat, I feel the same. I don't know why. This is the worst feeling in the world
Not really, I'm confident in this group. Lol, don't know why these guys don't like game 4s but it happens. The Devils weren't gonna roll over.

Old
06-06-2012, 10:58 PM
Scottkmlps

Just want to add another thing. If that was a King that bumped into Brodeur like Elias did to Quick, that would've been a penalty. Quick has been getting no calls what so ever when it comes to players interfering with him. It's becoming quite comical now.

Old
06-06-2012, 11:01 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

http://timeonice.com/shots1112.php?gamenumber=30414

meh

Old
06-06-2012, 11:01 PM
ru4reals

Not feeling good right about now! I just wish we could have won it today and end this thing!

Old
06-06-2012, 11:05 PM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

Quote:
Nope. The game where the Kings had a 4-0 lead against the Shark and lost. That game had an effect for the rest of the series and we never recovered.

Closed Thread