HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

SCF Gm#4, 6/6/12: KINGS lose 3-1 to DEVILS, Devils live to fight another day ...

Closed Thread

Old
06-07-2012, 12:05 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottkmlps View Post
Just want to add another thing. If that was a King that bumped into Brodeur like Elias did to Quick, that would've been a penalty. Quick has been getting no calls what so ever when it comes to players interfering with him. It's becoming quite comical now.
Can't blame the refs for anything tonight, the Kings were gift-wrapped a very questionable PP that tied the game.

Brodeur is a first ballot hall of fame goaltender, Quick is in his 3rd full season. He will get the calls and respect starting next season. It's just the way it is, it's that way in all sports.

Old
06-07-2012, 12:07 AM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

Hopefully the Kings get it done in Game 5.

Go Kings Go!

Old
06-07-2012, 12:08 AM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

Quote:
Just want to add another thing. If that was a King that bumped into Brodeur like Elias did to Quick, that would've been a penalty. Quick has been getting no calls what so ever when it comes to players interfering with him. It's becoming quite comical now.
I'm glad some else brought this up. He's be knocked into at least 5 times, twice losing his helmet and nothing. That weak ass call on Penner where he skated in front of Marty was a fricking joke.

Old
06-07-2012, 12:17 AM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

cant complain too much about the first goal, minor contact and the call didnt go our way. In game three we had the call go our way for the first goal. Them be the breaks

Old
06-07-2012, 12:18 AM
Scottkmlps

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan28 View Post
I'm glad some else brought this up. He's be knocked into at least 5 times, twice losing his helmet and nothing. That weak ass call on Penner where he skated in front of Marty was a fricking joke.
It's been happening since the Phoenix series.

Old
06-07-2012, 12:19 AM
Dave33
Still smiling

Ouch, that one hurt. So close to witnessing history first hand. I felt worse for the 3 people in front of me who came down from Canada to see it. I think the dude was crying at the end. Was still awesome to see so many people yearning for the Cup for the Kings. C'est la vie, go get 'em Saturday boys.

Old
06-07-2012, 12:19 AM
ManiacMatty

Sutter is money in these press conferences.

Old
06-07-2012, 12:35 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Funny thing is the first thing you think of after a loss, as a Kings fan, is "here we go again..." but then you realize this is the best Kings team we've ever had. We've got this. GO KINGS!

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Old
06-07-2012, 12:42 AM
KingsCourt

I think there was too much hype. That said I think they had some good chances to win. Sutter will straighten them out, at least the cup seems further away now so the focus will be renewed

Old
06-07-2012, 12:46 AM
The Butcher
Gutless

Everything's fine guys, relax.

Old
06-07-2012, 12:48 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Kings Drummer View Post
Everything's fine guys, relax.
Yup.

I mean, even if the Kings were to lose on Saturday (I predict a win), they would still be coming home to Staples to have a chance to clinch the Cup in 6.

Any of us would have done backflips if we were told we would be up 3-1 after four games.

Old
06-07-2012, 12:50 AM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
Yup.

I mean, even if the Kings were to lose on Saturday (I predict a win), they would still be coming home to Staples to have a chance to clinch the Cup in 6.

Any of us would have done backflips if we were told we would be up 3-1 after four games.
exactly this. I mean i am a little scared, but still confident. Will only be truely worried if they are behind in a game 7

Old
06-07-2012, 12:51 AM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

I think if they lose game 5 they will be even more nervous for game 6. They will put a lot of pressure on themselves and be hearing **** like "it's a must win game". Tonight was just one loss, but it gives the Devils back the hope and confidence they had lost after game 3.

Old
06-07-2012, 12:54 AM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Such a bummer they couldn't get it done tonight. Hard to win 4 in a row.

Give it another go on Saturday. These 2 day layoffs blow, but the boys need the extra day.

Old
06-07-2012, 12:58 AM
DoktorJeep
Original Bandwagoner

Still confident the Kings can wrap this one up before next Monday, but jeez tonight's outcome was depressing. Everyone in staples was amped up and ready to witness history. But both of the NJ goals you could just see develop right in front of your eyes. Agree with Chazz on the lousy support the kings gave each other on the boards, NJ was outnumbering the Kings 3-1 and 2-1 the whole game. And I didn't think the Kings brought the best of their physical play; I'm not sure what the # of hits turned out to be, but it seemed like the Kings weren't at tough on Devs as they were last game.

Oh well, on to game 5.

Old
06-07-2012, 12:58 AM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

Jersey didn't want to be embarrassed and never gave up. Couple that with too much pressure to win it all at home for the Kings and the result was what you saw tonight. On the road, I like their chances so much more. It's just sucks they couldn't find a way to finish it off tonight. Now there is no way I'll be in town to see the parade if/when they win.

Old
06-07-2012, 01:00 AM
xavi4life
Mr. Irreverent

I'm 0-2 in this years playoffs...

This is how I felt when Henrique scored in the 3rd period:

I'm endangering the mission, I shouldn't have come.

Old
06-07-2012, 01:01 AM
bobafettish*

this just means more games with miller and fox calling games.

Old
06-07-2012, 01:06 AM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Irreverent View Post
I'm 0-2 in this years playoffs...

This is how I felt when Henrique scored in the 3rd period:

I'm endangering the mission, I shouldn't have come.
I don't believe in jinxes, but just to be safe you better not got to Game 6 if it comes down to that.

Old
06-07-2012, 01:06 AM
Vamos Rafa
ADT = GH

Also, did Clarkson shave his beard to change their luck?

Old
06-07-2012, 01:08 AM
tantrum4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillinnap View Post
Yep, so did.....Henrique

Old
06-07-2012, 01:27 AM
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Honestly, would anyone really be surprised if the kings lost four straight?

I still think kings in six. NJ will end the streak on Saturday.

Going 1-3 in game fours with a chance to sweep at home shows immaturity.
Yes, considering NHL teams in an 0-3 hole are 1.8% lifetime, which is another way of saying the team that is up 3-0 wins 98.2% of the time (I crunched the numbers in misery after the Kings won on Monday).

That said, and I know this sounds cheesy, if there was a team that could pull off a miracle, this Devils team never quits. Look at all the injuries they're playing with, and the bad breaks they've gotten, and they dont seem to feel sorry for themselves. I genuinely believe they will make the series 3-2. But beating LA again in LA will be a HUGE BURDEN to ask of them. However, if they could do that and somehow, someway get it to a Game 7 against a relatively young Kings team with a goalie that has never won an elimination game in his life....against Martin Brodeur? Woah, baby. But of course..... I'm pretty much dreaming here **sigh**

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerhart View Post
A friend and I have tickets to Game 5 in Newark. We are driving down from Ottawa, Ontario. My friend is a Leafs fan - but more so a diehard hockey fan. Although I am overly disappointed in the loss tonight, I am excited to have the opportunity to see the Kings close out the series in New Jersey! We're heading down Saturday morning. The seven hour drive will be worth it!!
It will be 8 hours or more for sure. Although, Saturday morning is about the best possible time to make that drive, but you cant go by GOOG maps given they're not counting the border, and breaks, etc....

Quote:
Watch the replay. I know Eddy O said "Elias bumped Quick", but please keep in mind he's shamelessly, ridiculously, and unprofessionally rooting for the Kings on live television. If anything, Quick gives Elias a little rap, but either way it was no big deal, and not worthy of a penalty on either player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillinnap View Post
Some of them are going with mustaches like Ryan Carter and calling it "Mustache Power". At least they're having fun and not laying down and dieing like a lot of teams do when down 0-3. Lets a fan feel good/proud about his/her team despite the miserable situation they're in.

Old
06-07-2012, 01:33 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

**** it, this ends on Saturday night.

There. I said it.

Old
06-07-2012, 01:42 AM
reset
Puck Luck

man having to come to work after the loss... totally sucks

I have a good feeling we'll close it out on saturday. GO KINGS GO!

Old
06-07-2012, 01:46 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Posted this on the main board but it bears repeating:
This game was a carbon copy of Game 2. Controlled the temp for 40 minutes then had a very evenly matched 3rd with New Jersey capitalizing on mistakes. These games have been very evenly played for the most part (Game 3 being the anomaly). Don't expect much to change for either club with the game going back to New Jersey.

The Kings stepped away from the physical game and were trying to be a bit too cute on a few plays trying to setup a highlight reel goal or over handling the puck. Go back to simplifying your game, thus eliminating mistakes like Dwight King's turnover at the center line that resulted in the Devils goal.

In fairness to King, he was handled a hot pass from Mitchell. In that scenario, what should've happened was a chip play by King or Mitchell doing a better job at getting the puck out of the zone. It was too soft of a puck for King to chip and I think the slight moment of hesitation caused the Devils attacker to force the turnover and count attack.

I felt that fans and especially the media in LA were a bit too confident and sure of themselves that the Kings would wrap up Game 4. Perhaps the players felt that too, who knows, but I think it's good to move away from the pandemonium and strictly focus on their gameplan and execution on the road. It's as if they funnel out all distractions when they're away from home.

I expect and hope for a physical and intense Game 5. New Jersey should feel pumped that they have found new life to extend the series, the Kings should be even more prepared and focused and ready to face a team that is going to fight for their playoff lives.

Closed Thread