HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How about EASHL teams for NHL 13? (PS3 and Xbox)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-05-2012, 04:09 PM
  #451
Fel 96
JFC
 
Fel 96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Little Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 56,874
vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
................

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 04:10 PM
  #452
Puhis
@Puhis46
 
Puhis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Espoo, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 8,933
vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Ronald McDonald just owned us.

Should I stay D or switch to center? What d'ya think?

Puhis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 04:10 PM
  #453
Fel 96
JFC
 
Fel 96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Little Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 56,874
vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Playing an almost full team is not a good idea IMO.

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 04:15 PM
  #454
Puhis
@Puhis46
 
Puhis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Espoo, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 8,933
vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
Playing an almost full team is not a good idea IMO.
Nah, it works just fine once we get used to it which takes like 2-3 games max.

I mean, the first game was OK, and the other two teams were just too good for us to win anyway.

Puhis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 04:42 PM
  #455
Fel 96
JFC
 
Fel 96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Little Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 56,874
vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
See how different we are when we're playing with less players?

And no, it's not a coincidence.

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 04:54 PM
  #456
grN1g
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 1,521
vCash: 500
if u guys are on ps3 and need another player i can play. i've been playing a few games recently.

grN1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 05:38 PM
  #457
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist
 
Billy Mays Here's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 13,301
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
See how different we are when we're playing with less players?

And no, it's not a coincidence.
I think it's because I'm not playing with you guys.

Billy Mays Here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 05:33 AM
  #458
Pajicz
Registered User
 
Pajicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country:
Posts: 3,859
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Pajicz
Sorry guys, I played really poorly yesterday. Playing as D probably isn't my thing, maybe I should just play as center or right wing...

Pajicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 01:24 AM
  #459
Fel 96
JFC
 
Fel 96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Little Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 56,874
vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Well, we got some good games tonight.

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 01:38 AM
  #460
Fel 96
JFC
 
Fel 96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Little Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 56,874
vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
BTW, the guys we played in the last game would like to join our club. They are only 3 so that's why they would like to combine their team with us. There's at least 1 forward and 1 RD. Thoughts?

Not to mention, we'd add more talent to our team. Really.

EDIT: And I know 1 of them from another forum.

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 08:04 AM
  #461
Puhis
@Puhis46
 
Puhis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Espoo, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 8,933
vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
BTW, the guys we played in the last game would like to join our club. They are only 3 so that's why they would like to combine their team with us. There's at least 1 forward and 1 RD. Thoughts?

Not to mention, we'd add more talent to our team. Really.

EDIT: And I know 1 of them from another forum.
Sure, why not. I can move to LD if required.

Had connection issues yesterday and I was playing MotorStorm before that. Anyone up today?

Puhis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 01:24 PM
  #462
Fel 96
JFC
 
Fel 96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Little Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 56,874
vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Well, the guy just sent me a message saying they got more members so they will stick with their club.

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 02:45 PM
  #463
Puhis
@Puhis46
 
Puhis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Espoo, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 8,933
vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Anyone up? Just got a royal ass-kicking by Pajicz on our league... If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

Puhis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 02:48 PM
  #464
Fel 96
JFC
 
Fel 96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Little Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 56,874
vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
He was probably mad.

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 06:18 PM
  #465
Puhis
@Puhis46
 
Puhis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Espoo, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 8,933
vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Wow, lost my internet connection for over 2 hours. Damnit, we were leading, too.

I hope it works now. Tried rebooting the WLAN router (both hard-and soft boots) and all the other tricks that usually help but the DNS server wasn't responding. It works now again, though. It's strange because it never does that usually and the router is in the next room so I get perfect signal as well.

Strange. Really strange. Hope it doesn't happen on nightly basis...

Puhis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 09:13 PM
  #466
Haite
x
 
Haite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,866
vCash: 2465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puhis View Post
Wow, lost my internet connection for over 2 hours. Damnit, we were leading, too.

I hope it works now. Tried rebooting the WLAN router (both hard-and soft boots) and all the other tricks that usually help but the DNS server wasn't responding. It works now again, though. It's strange because it never does that usually and the router is in the next room so I get perfect signal as well.

Strange. Really strange. Hope it doesn't happen on nightly basis...
I lost my connection too, and as far as I can tell, we both live in Espoo, so it could be more of a regional problem. Also, my TV (cable) lost its signal for that period of time, so it really seems rather strange.

Haite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 09:22 PM
  #467
Puhis
@Puhis46
 
Puhis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Espoo, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 8,933
vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haite View Post
I lost my connection too, and as far as I can tell, we both live in Espoo, so it could be more of a regional problem. Also, my TV (cable) lost its signal for that period of time, so it really seems rather strange.
Not the ****ing polar bears again. They always go on a frenzy during the summer man. Oh well, I'll go grab my rifle.


On a serious note, that seems really rather strange. I thought it would be just me. Well, that might explain the DNS server not responding... You reckon some bird made a nest in the Latokaski broadcast tower?

Puhis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 09:59 PM
  #468
Haite
x
 
Haite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,866
vCash: 2465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puhis View Post
Not the ****ing polar bears again. They always go on a frenzy during the summer man. Oh well, I'll go grab my rifle.


On a serious note, that seems really rather strange. I thought it would be just me. Well, that might explain the DNS server not responding... You reckon some bird made a nest in the Latokaski broadcast tower?
I'd go with the polar bear theory. Or reindeer.

Haite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 10:57 AM
  #469
Pajicz
Registered User
 
Pajicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country:
Posts: 3,859
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Pajicz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puhis View Post
Anyone up? Just got a royal ass-kicking by Pajicz on our league... If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.
Well, wouldn't talk about royal ass-kicking. Crawford played unbelievably well, and I scored two goals in the dying seconds to make it 4-0.

Talking about real ass-kicking, Fel totally destroyed me in our second game. The first one was quite even, and either of us could've won it, but didn't stand a chance in the second game. Even had to apologize for my horrible performance.

Pajicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 11:01 AM
  #470
Puhis
@Puhis46
 
Puhis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Espoo, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 8,933
vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajicz View Post
Well, wouldn't talk about royal ass-kicking. Crawford played unbelievably well, and I scored two goals in the dying seconds to make it 4-0.
Yeah, you scored like... twice in five seconds or what?

I couldn't generate any proper offense, really, and that's usually my problem. I got a couple of "nice tries" in there though, but I really had only one or two proper scoring chances. That Crawford leaping one-timer save was bat**** insane, I was like "what... how... "

It's a shame I've already played all my required games against you and Fel.

Puhis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 11:27 AM
  #471
Pajicz
Registered User
 
Pajicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country:
Posts: 3,859
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Pajicz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puhis View Post
Yeah, you scored like... twice in five seconds or what?

I couldn't generate any proper offense, really, and that's usually my problem. I got a couple of "nice tries" in there though, but I really had only one or two proper scoring chances. That Crawford leaping one-timer save was bat**** insane, I was like "what... how... "

It's a shame I've already played all my required games against you and Fel.
Yeah, 3-0 in 59:50 and immediately 4-0 in 59:55. And the Crawford's save was really amazing, a true gamesaver. If you would've scored, anything could've happened with the momentum on your side.

How do the playoffs work when having five teams? Or are there any?

Pajicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 11:31 AM
  #472
Victorious Secret
Dr. Chuck Evil
 
Victorious Secret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Country: Ireland
Posts: 11,039
vCash: 16145
dumbass

Victorious Secret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 11:34 AM
  #473
Victorious Secret
Dr. Chuck Evil
 
Victorious Secret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Country: Ireland
Posts: 11,039
vCash: 16145
Round robin. Worst team gets left out.

Victorious Secret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 12:06 PM
  #474
Puhis
@Puhis46
 
Puhis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Espoo, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 8,933
vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajicz View Post
Yeah, 3-0 in 59:50 and immediately 4-0 in 59:55. And the Crawford's save was really amazing, a true gamesaver. If you would've scored, anything could've happened with the momentum on your side.

How do the playoffs work when having five teams? Or are there any?
I really don't know. That's why I'd want to have a VS tournament with, say, 8 people? I think we can get that amount?

It would go pretty simply: 2 groups, everyone plays once against each other. Best team from each group gets a direct pass to semis. 3rd and 4th seeds from the group play against each other (from the same group, A group 3rd vs A group 4th), and the winner advances to play against the 2nd seed from the other group, and the winner from that game advances to semis.

All games apart from group stage are played with best of 3 system, apart from the final which is best of five.

At this point, I probably confused the hell out of everyone so let me demonstrate:

Group A:

Fel 96
WILDhockeyfan
Pajicz
BHoke23

Group B:

Squidz
Jarick
Puhis
grN1g

Groups are obviously just examples. Winner gets 3 points, OT winner 2 and OT loser 1.

Let's say the final points would be:

Group A:

Fel 96 | 9
Pajicz | 6
Whf | 2
BHoke | 1

Group B:

Jarick | 7
Squidz| 5
grN1g| 3
Puhis | 0

That would mean that Fel and Jarick advance directly to semi-finals and next would be a best of 3 series between the last two finishers from each group.

2 WILDhockeyfan
1 BHoke23

2 grN1g
0 Puhis

This means grN1g and WILDhockeyfan advance to the next round where they face Squidz and Pajicz.

This means:

0 WILDhockeyfan
2 Squidz

2 grN1g
1 Pajicz

So, now we have our semi-final pairs:

2 Fel 96
1 Squidz

0 Jarick
2 grN1g

That means Fel 96 will face grN1g in the best of 5 final series while Squidz and Jarick decide the faith of the bronze medal in a best of 3 series.

Everyone still aboard? Good.

Or would it be better do it the simple way: Two groups of four teams, two teams advance to semifinals, winners go to the final and losers to the bronze game? Best of three semis and bronze game and best of five finals?

Puhis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 12:47 PM
  #475
Puhis
@Puhis46
 
Puhis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Espoo, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 8,933
vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
On an unrelated note, anybody want to team up with me?

Puhis is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:16 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.