HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ottawa and Chicago

Old
06-05-2012, 07:05 PM
tatoo

vCash: 500
Ottawa and Chicago

Foligno for bickell and lalonde

tatoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 07:13 PM
ndgt10

Exchange Bickell for Frolik.

ndgt10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 07:16 PM
Cullksinikers

I don't think Ottawa thinks about that at all.

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 07:20 PM
Chris Hansen
Versteeg's Concubine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
I don't think Ottawa thinks about that at all.
Definitely not, unfortunately for us. And I like Bickell, unlike most.

Chris Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 07:47 PM
WarriorofTime

Why would Ottawa do that? Shawn Lalonde is nothing special.

WarriorofTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 08:03 PM
Hawkaholic

Bickell and Folingo are similar players, as in they disappear for long stretches.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 08:16 PM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
Sold. We'll even throw in Frolik.

brtriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 05:27 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

I keep the cheaper player in the end. Still have hopes for Bickell

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 09:30 AM
Snowhawk

Seriously?!

Ottawa doesn't even consider this for a second.

Snowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 09:43 AM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
I wouldn't trade Bickell for Foligno straight up. Bickell produces above his contract and always has whether people want to admit that or not.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 10:40 AM
tycam

how about:

Lehner + Zach Smith for Hammer, Frolik and a draft pick or prospect?

Ottawa needs D and Hawks need depth in goal. Zach Smith showed some promise last year and he'll actually hit some people. Lehner is on a 2-way deal so he can be some insurance in the minors.

tycam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 10:48 AM
digdug41982

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycam View Post
how about:

Lehner + Zach Smith for Hammer, Frolik and a draft pick or prospect?

Ottawa needs D and Hawks need depth in goal. Zach Smith showed some promise last year and he'll actually hit some people. Lehner is on a 2-way deal so he can be some insurance in the minors.
Done all day, bad deal for Ottawa though. For Lehner alone, I'd be prepared to give up Hammer and our 1st. I'm very high on this kid. And I still don't think Ottawa takes the offer, Lehner means too much to their future. I think Hammer and Karlsson together would be great though.

Old
06-06-2012, 11:00 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
I'd be furious if we gave up Hammer and our first for an unproven goalie.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 11:02 AM
digdug41982

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
I'd be furious if we gave up Hammer and our first for an unproven goalie.
They wouldn't take it anyway, so it doesn't matter.

Old
06-06-2012, 11:03 AM
tycam

Well I think they need to make a choice on Lehner because they have Anderson signed for 3 more years and they just traded for 6'7 Ben Bishop (all it took was a 2nd rounder to get him) - so something has to give there with the G depth.

Old
06-06-2012, 11:11 AM
digdug41982

Bishop is nothing more than a journeyman backup, as soon as Lehner is ready (and I think he is pretty much there), Bishop goes, then once Lehner takes the starting job from Anderson, Anderson stays as backup or gets moved himself. Ottawa has waited their whole history to have a young, legit No. 1, I'd be shocked if they moved Lehner.

Old
06-06-2012, 11:24 AM
tycam

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Bishop is nothing more than a journeyman backup, as soon as Lehner is ready (and I think he is pretty much there), Bishop goes, then once Lehner takes the starting job from Anderson, Anderson stays as backup or gets moved himself. Ottawa has waited their whole history to have a young, legit No. 1, I'd be shocked if they moved Lehner.
So Lehner is pretty much ready, yet Murray goes out and grabs Bishop just 4 months ago?

Bishop a journeyman backup? He hasn't been a backup anywhere until last year and he's only been with 2 teams. I'm not seeing it. Also, there was a great deal of interest for Bishop which Ottawa fought to put themselves to the front of that pack to acquire him. That doesn't bode very well for the confidence they have in Lehner.

Also, Anderson is a hell of a goalie with a $3.2M price tag beside him, I doubt he'll be a backup to Lehner with that salary. I can see him traded before that - only if his play slips though. Anderson was the reason they were in most games last year - one this is for sure, they're in a great situation having the depth they do.

Old
06-06-2012, 12:04 PM
Rexy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycam View Post
So Lehner is pretty much ready, yet Murray goes out and grabs Bishop just 4 months ago?

Bishop a journeyman backup? He hasn't been a backup anywhere until last year and he's only been with 2 teams. I'm not seeing it. Also, there was a great deal of interest for Bishop which Ottawa fought to put themselves to the front of that pack to acquire him. That doesn't bode very well for the confidence they have in Lehner.

Also, Anderson is a hell of a goalie with a $3.2M price tag beside him, I doubt he'll be a backup to Lehner with that salary. I can see him traded before that - only if his play slips though. Anderson was the reason they were in most games last year - one this is for sure, they're in a great situation having the depth they do.
Bishop was picked up as insurance when Anderson got hurt and nobody knew how long it would take. It was only a second rounder, and they were in a playoff position. The move payed off.

Rexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 03:05 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Lehner is not worth Hjammer + early pick

Old
06-06-2012, 03:11 PM
RomersWorld*

lol @ journeyman backup. Why would anyone trade a 2nd rounder for a journeyman backup?

Bishop is a really good goalie IMO. He is young and he'll eventually be a starter. I love watching him play... he is big and athletic as well. I'd go with a Crawford/Bishop tandem for sure.

RomersWorld* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 03:19 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Bishop shouldn't be doubted. Nothing special but has some more potential for sure

Old
06-06-2012, 03:22 PM
digdug41982

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomersWorld View Post
lol @ journeyman backup. Why would anyone trade a 2nd rounder for a journeyman backup?

Bishop is a really good goalie IMO. He is young and he'll eventually be a starter. I love watching him play... he is big and athletic as well. I'd go with a Crawford/Bishop tandem for sure.
Meh, I don't see it, at all. I see him as a journeyman backup. Another guy I see the same way that most people are in love with is Lindback. IMO, Hackett and Lehner have much better careers.

Specifically to Bishop, he's slow up and down, weak five hole because of that. I guess that's why he's usually on his knees most of the time. I just don't think that is a good way to play and shooters will take advantage of him upstairs and he'll also be limited in mobility when he is in that position. Yes, he is huge but that's not enough. We'll see.

Last edited by digdug41982: 06-06-2012 at 03:27 PM.
Old
06-06-2012, 05:40 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Replace Lehner with Brian Elliot/Jeff Glass and your post would have fit in the past.

Goalies are total unknowns. If a talent like Hannu Toivonen can bomb out like he did, nothing is for certain at that position.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 08:18 PM
RomersWorld*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
Replace Lehner with Brian Elliot/Jeff Glass and your post would have fit in the past.

Goalies are total unknowns. If a talent like Hannu Toivonen can bomb out like he did, nothing is for certain at that position.
No, sorry. We have to post in absolutes with lots of hyperbole on this website. Otherwise our posts won't get noticed.

RomersWorld* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 07:21 AM
Hossa

I've been a big Bickell supporter/apologist since his junior days, but the trade doesn't work for the Sens. If Foligno is moved for another forward, it would be to upgrade to get a legitimate top six forward, because Foligno really is more of a tweener. Foligno's offence is streaky, but he isn't prone to the same bouts of indifference which have plagued Bickell since junior.

There's a small chance Bickell could seize top six ice time in Ottawa and thrive, but right now he would be just another young forward trying to earn that ice time. Young wingers with some offensive potential is one thing the Sens have in spades in the system. His contract would add value to some teams but not the Sens, who have as much cap space as anybody in the league.

Hossa is offline   Reply With Quote