HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Mike Green to Edmonton?

Old
06-07-2012, 02:01 AM
Hivemind
We're Touched

vCash: 500
Mike Green has only had one groin injury, and it was surgically repaired with the same procedure that Ryan Getzlaf and Danny Briere had. I wouldn't really classify it as "major concerns over his groin."

Hivemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 02:34 AM
Whoyawit*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
What would be the advantage of trading for Hemsky over resigning Semin for slightly more without giving up anything?
I believe the answer to your educated question would be heart.

Whoyawit* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 04:50 AM
mytor4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
What would Edmonton have to ship Washington to acquire Mike Green in a trade??
Their 2013 1st rd pick to start with.

mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 07:16 AM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

What about 1st overall for
Green
Johansson
Two 1st's
Something else maybe?

fedfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 08:42 AM
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedfed View Post
What about 1st overall for
Green
Johansson
Two 1st's
Something else maybe?
I can't even begin to express how much I disapprove of this.

ChibiPooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 08:51 AM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
I can't even begin to express how much I disapprove of this.
I dunno, just throwing it out there... Not gonna advocate it at all.

Old
06-07-2012, 12:12 PM
hfboardsuser

----

Last edited by hfboardsuser: 07-14-2012 at 11:55 PM.
hfboardsuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 12:23 PM
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bugg View Post
Definitely too much, speaking as an Oilers fan. Take MarJo out and it's in the ballpark for both clubs, I'd say- elite PP QB (before injury) plus an 11th and 16th pick.
Value aside, it's just not what the Caps need to be looking at from an organizational standpoint. My opinion is that they need to stock the prospect pool with multiple players at multiple positions. These players don't need to be ready to contribute right away. In a year with two picks in the top 16, that's a perfect opportunity to do so. If it were up to me, I wouldn't consider moving anything more draft pick-wise than just the 16th, and that to upgrade the center position if the right deal was available.

Old
06-07-2012, 01:00 PM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
Value aside, it's just not what the Caps need to be looking at from an organizational standpoint. My opinion is that they need to stock the prospect pool with multiple players at multiple positions. These players don't need to be ready to contribute right away. In a year with two picks in the top 16, that's a perfect opportunity to do so. If it were up to me, I wouldn't consider moving anything more draft pick-wise than just the 16th, and that to upgrade the center position if the right deal was available.
So, let's say that the Caps get Faksa and Pouliot. I'd rather have Yak than those two for one big reason: win now. Faksa and Pouliot won't contribute on the high level for maybe 3 years (like Johansson). Yak will. If we look at the 1st overalls (forwards only) since 2001 (Kovy), all but one (Nugent-Hopkins) scored 20+ goals in their first year. All had 40+ points, two (Hall, Stamkos) had >50 points.

Old
06-07-2012, 01:29 PM
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!

Quote:
So, let's say that the Caps get Faksa and Pouliot. I'd rather have Yak than those two for one big reason: win now. Faksa and Pouliot won't contribute on the high level for maybe 3 years (like Johansson). Yak will. If we look at the 1st overalls (forwards only) since 2001 (Kovy), all but one (Nugent-Hopkins) scored 20+ goals in their first year. All had 40+ points, two (Hall, Stamkos) had >50 points.
If I'm moving assets to win now, I'd rather move them for a proven, established NHL player. There's no risk that the player's success won't translate to the NHL. That package would buy a whole lot of proven, established player.

Old
06-07-2012, 01:43 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
But you're trading a 20+ minute defenseman in Green, a likely 50+ point forward in Johansson along with the two firsts.

It's an abysmal value.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 01:47 PM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
But you're trading a 20+ minute defenseman in Green, a likely 50+ point forward in Johansson along with the two firsts.

It's an abysmal value.
The concensus is that MJ stays, so I don't take him into account.

Old
06-07-2012, 02:56 PM
lefty2time*

Gms are not trading anything of substantial value for Hemsky.

Jesus...how injury prone is this guy? Seems to always be banged up.
He's really skilled...and maybe if he plays everygame leading up to the deadline, he could be moved to a contender like the Pens or Philly for a nice piece...

but now with the draft approaching and at this stage of his career, with his track record...no one is giving anything (including Green) for him..

lefty2time* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 06:25 PM
lakai17

vCash: 50
Whitney plus folks, he'll replace Wideman for you guys.

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 06:39 PM
SephF
Patreeky

Quote:
Originally Posted by topdog View Post
Their 2013 1st rd pick to start with.
And what else? I'd consider that forsure.

SephF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 06:47 PM
supert

Quote:
Green could be great with the Oilers, but we have had enough injuries over the last couple of years . We do not need to add another player that is always on the shelf . We have our PMD men now we need a big hard hitting D that does not get caught going for the big hit ,but Makes the other team pay in our zone .
Green like Hemsky has a ton of skill ,but until he proves his injuries are a thing of the past we do not need him .

supert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 06:49 PM
Bryanbryoil

With the addition of Schultz and Green's less than stellar last couple of years I'm not sure that I'd be overly interested at this point.

07-09-2012, 06:54 AM
radoneagle

They would HAVE to give up Hall, simply because I don't see them moving any of the other members of the big 4. Eberle? He scored 76 points and is only going to get better. Nuge? He's the best of the lot, and is going to be a superstar. Yakupov? He's a future star who can put up 90-100 points a season and is a a cornerstone of the franchise along with RNH for years to come.

Green is a defenseman who had put up PPG numbers for 2 years before he suffered a string of injuries and was the victim of some awful bad luck. He's fully healed now and is still a number one d-man and will cost a lot to acquire, because Washington will demand a lot and will not let him go cheap. Probably going to cost Edmonton Hall. Nothing they would want to do...why give up one of the centerpieces of your franchise? The only way they do that is if they land someone who's as good as Weber.

radoneagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 07:08 AM
supert

Quote:
Mike Green Is a great D man , Alex Hemsky is a very good winger . Both have injuries concerns . The Caps fans feel Green,s injuries are behind him . Some Oiler,s fan feel Hemsky,s injuries are behind him . There a risk to both teams . If one of these player can stay health and the other can,t it a big win for the other team . If they were both able to stay healthy Green is worth more then Hemsky .
As an Oiler fan I would not do it. We have to many injuries over the last 3 years . We do not need to add a D man that has a History of being injured . We are already weak on D . If we adding a D why not go after someone that has been healthy and played 82 games a year .
Maybe we can revisit this if both stay healthy for this year . At which time it would be Hemsky + for Green .

Old
07-09-2012, 07:19 AM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by DopitaToDemitra View Post
Gms are not trading anything of substantial value for Hemsky.

Jesus...how injury prone is this guy and Green ? Seems to always be banged up.
He's really skilled...and maybe if he plays everygame leading up to the deadline, he could be moved to a contender like the Pens or Philly for a nice piece...

but now with the draft approaching and at this stage of his career, with his track record...no one is giving anything (including Green) for him..
Fix it for you

And Green has been a picture of health . Glad you pointed that out to us , because i could have swore Green has been injured and out of the line up quiet a bit over the last few years .
I am an Oiler fan Who thinks we should trade Hemsky . I do not think we will get much for him Unless he proves his injuries are a thing of the past

Old
07-09-2012, 10:04 AM
Halpysback*

Quote:
Hemsky plays with ambition?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoyawit* View Post
I believe the answer to your educated question would be heart.
Easy and expected cop-outs. Heartless Semin has a higher PPG and GPG in the playoffs in way more games than Hemsky while contributing defensively. If he's heartless I can't imagine what that makes Hemsky then.

Hemsky hasn't had any playoff production to judge him by in 5 years. He has a career high of 23 goals and has been chronically injured for 3 years straight. That's from playing in the regular season without the playoff grind. Semin is a much better goalscorer, better defensively and more durable. Hemsky may be a better playmaker (as Semin is no slouch in that department) but the difference isn't nearly as big as their goal scoring abilities.

Letting Semin go for nothing is a stupid move on our part. Letting Semin go and trading Green for Hemsky is the type of move that puts a franchise into a tailspin.

Halpysback* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 10:09 AM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoidberg Jesus View Post
Green's health issues and Hemsky's health issues aren't remotely similar.

Green has had an exceptional run of bad luck in the past two years, sustaining three totally unrelated injuries.The first two, a concussion and an ankle injury, are by all appearances no longer affecting him. The sports hernia surgery is a longer fix with an extended recovery period, but is a 100% fix (Danny Briere had the same surgery, and says he's now perfectly fine).

Hemsky has had a long string of shoulder injuries and surgeries. The Caps know from experience that these injuries never go away, and the surgeries are never 100% fixes. Former Cap Eric Fehr had the same issues, right down to the type of injury - torn labrum. The surgeries were always touted as complete fixes, that his shoulder problems were behind him. Some even said that he would be more resistant to shoulder injuries than the average player. But the truth is that there is no fix for these shoulder problems, and they'll eventually derail Hemsky's career the same way they derailed Fehr's. There's no way the Caps will give up Green just to watch a replay of Fehr's career.

It's already been noted by others that there are no assets on the Oilers that they'd be willing to move that would interest the Caps. Barring an over payment from the Oilers, Green will not be going to Edmonton.
Fehr`s career was derailed by injuries in prime development years. Plus, he wasn`t nearly as good as Ales Hemsky to begin with, it wasn`t the injuries, he just didn`t cut the mustard. Apples and oranges.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 10:22 AM
zeus3007*

What about something like this:

To Washington:
Hemsky, Whitney, Peckham or Teubert

To Edmonton:
Green and Joel Ward

2 guys with some recent injury issues and concerns for 1 guy with recent injury issues and concerns and a guy who isn't playing anywhere near where he should with his contract.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 11:20 AM
Capathetic

Judging the value of young pmd around the league its going to take much more than Whitney. Which the caps likely have no interest in.

Im aware that this is apples to oranges here but you know that Ryan Suter guy...yea hes yet to be a norris canidate. Matt Carle mr 5.5 million and hes a clear tier below Green. Look at what Brent Burns returned and Green is still even more dynamic.

31 goals...yeah the caps need to let this guy loose again.

Capathetic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 11:38 AM
NeilYoung

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
What about something like this:

To Washington:
Hemsky, Whitney, Peckham or Teubert

To Edmonton:
Green and Joel Ward

2 guys with some recent injury issues and concerns for 1 guy with recent injury issues and concerns and a guy who isn't playing anywhere near where he should with his contract.
That's a pile of mediocre crap

NeilYoung is offline   Reply With Quote