HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Glen Sather looking at free agency - "We don't trade kids"

Old
06-06-2012, 10:39 PM
jskramer83

vCash: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
I think you nailed it.

Put Anisimov between two incredibly skilled wingers like Kane and Ovechkin for example and I doubt he looks out of place, and he probably puts up 70-80 points. Even when the pack line was really going, he looked like a legit 2nd line center with upside. But he's just not mentally strong enough to be a difference maker every shift by himself.

Hesitation and over thinking are his downfall.

If you have Corky from " Life Goes On " center a line with Kane and Ovechkin, he would be able to put up 70 PTS

jskramer83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 10:39 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

vCash: 500
No it isn't.

Staal straight up for Nash is an over payment. And they want to ADD Dubinsky AND a first AND Prust's rights?

What's fair is what Sather offered at the deadline.

Dubinsky, Erixon, Thomas, 1st

For a terrible contract, that's fair.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 10:46 PM
jskramer83

vCash: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Someone who does a CBJ blog proposed this trade. Dubinsky, Staal, 1st rd pick and the rights to Prust for Nash. Thats honestly a fair trade for both teams, but I'm just not sure I want to mess with the Rangers D, Staal especially. Though its a fair trade for both teams.
Can't trade something we don't have

jskramer83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 11:28 PM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Someone who does a CBJ blog proposed this trade. Dubinsky, Staal, 1st rd pick and the rights to Prust for Nash. Thats honestly a fair trade for both teams, but I'm just not sure I want to mess with the Rangers D, Staal especially. Though its a fair trade for both teams.
overpaying by us .... Nash is essentially a salary dump hence we shouldn't over pay ... at all

GregSirico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 11:36 PM
EEDAWGZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by jskramer83 View Post
If you have Corky from " Life Goes On " center a line with Kane and Ovechkin, he would be able to put up 70 PTS
post of the century

EEDAWGZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 11:54 PM
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
To put it bluntly, I think Anisimov is soft.

And I think his days with the Rangers are numbered.
I agree as well.

He plays with nowhere near the level of assertiveness he should be playing with.

I never understood the lovefest with him. He hasn't shown anything on a consistent basis to deem him untouchable or irreplaceable.

NY Lito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 05:41 AM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by jskramer83 View Post
Can't trade something we don't have
We have Prust's rights until July 1st.

Though, I don't see how that would help columbus. I doubt Prust would sign there.

GAGLine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 06:10 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Prust's girlfriend lives here

She is a French Canadian girl he met here

Prust will re-sign. Prust is a Newport Sports guy. The Rangers will bend a little and Newport will bend a little.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 06:24 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Nobody knows what will be in the CBA

Quote:
Under the current CBA, Thomas cannot be removed from Boston's cap under any circumstance because he is an "over-35" contract. The best they can hope for is a new agreement with a different rule. Let's say the league is successful in putting a limit on the length of contracts. (For example, in the NBA's new CBA, there are no contracts longer than five years.) Would an over-35 rule be necessary? Even then, would current deals be affected?
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opin...-thoughts.html

Will the Drury buyout count next season? Buyouts in the previous CBA didn't count in this CBA.

Quote:
Biggest thing people overlook w/Thomas $5 M cap hit: CBA will be new & Jeremy Jacobs is influential NHL owner. May not count vs cap next yr
https://twitter.com/HackswithHaggs/s...21796729798656

Wipe the slate clean of all buyouts from this CBA into the next CBA. The team is still responsible for paying the money but they don't take a cap hit. Drury will still get paid the entire $1,666,667 during a lockout. If Jacobs is going to look out for his Bruins,everyone should get the same benefit. The Islanders use buyouts to reach the floor. Make them put the floor money into the team on the ice. Not to Yashin playing somewhere in Europe. Some people say there shouldn't be a floor. The floor guarantees a certain amount is spent on payroll.

The PA will fight hard against contract term limits. They will met somewhere in the middle.

Old
06-07-2012, 06:40 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

I read Cerny's chat. The Rangers will pursue Konopka in free agency. They will look to add another forward. He feels Radulov can be had for a pick or a prospect. Signing him is the bigger issue. He doesn't believe Parise will play on Broadway. They will look at add a D to challenge DZ for #4/#5. The Rangers really like Schultz. Staal,McDonagh and Girardi are locks to return. He thinks Erixon will make the team. Stralman and Woywitka won't be back. He didn't mention Bickel at all. He was sketchy on DZ. Torts said he thinks/believes the top 4 D will return and the Rangers need to add to that. They need to add depth.

Torts did not mention AA at all when he has spoken since the season ended. He was asked about which players he was looking to improve going into next season. Full season of Kreider. Stepan and Hagelin. The Rangers don't have anyone they want to dump just to get them off of the team. If they can add a more offensive player/a little more speed,maybe they swap AA for that player.

If they add Konopka as a group III,there isn't room for AA in the middle with Richards,Stepan and Boyle.

Old
06-07-2012, 06:57 AM
NYRSchrute217

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
I read Cerny's chat. The Rangers will pursue Konopka in free agency. They will look to add another forward. He feels Radulov can be had for a pick or a prospect. Signing him is the bigger issue. He doesn't believe Parise will play on Broadway. They will look at add a D to challenge DZ for #4/#5. The Rangers really like Schultz. Staal,McDonagh and Girardi are locks to return. He thinks Erixon will make the team. Stralman and Woywitka won't be back. He didn't mention Bickel at all. He was sketchy on DZ. Torts said he thinks/believes the top 4 D will return and the Rangers need to add to that. They need to add depth.

Torts did not mention AA at all when he has spoken since the season ended. He was asked about which players he was looking to improve going into next season. Full season of Kreider. Stepan and Hagelin. The Rangers don't have anyone they want to dump just to get them off of the team. If they can add a more offensive player/a little more speed,maybe they swap AA for that player.

If they add Konopka as a group III,there isn't room for AA in the middle with Richards,Stepan and Boyle.
Bad decision to let Boyle be the third line center. Also, why not bring back Stralman if he's cheap? Couldn't hurt as a 7th D, unless they think Sauer will be back next year or they're a lock to sign Schultz.

NYRSchrute217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 07:26 AM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:
Nobody knows what will be in the CBA

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opin...-thoughts.html

Will the Drury buyout count next season? Buyouts in the previous CBA didn't count in this CBA.

https://twitter.com/HackswithHaggs/s...21796729798656

Wipe the slate clean of all buyouts from this CBA into the next CBA. The team is still responsible for paying the money but they don't take a cap hit. Drury will still get paid the entire $1,666,667 during a lockout. If Jacobs is going to look out for his Bruins,everyone should get the same benefit. The Islanders use buyouts to reach the floor. Make them put the floor money into the team on the ice. Not to Yashin playing somewhere in Europe. Some people say there shouldn't be a floor. The floor guarantees a certain amount is spent on payroll.

The PA will fight hard against contract term limits. They will met somewhere in the middle.
99% sure that drury makes his full contract. not what the cap hit is. (the 1,666,667 you wrote). might've misunderstood you working on no sleep.

Kreider Typical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 08:19 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooskating View Post
99% sure that drury makes his full contract. not what the cap hit is. (the 1,666,667 you wrote). might've misunderstood you working on no sleep.
What am I doing? Drury was bought out. He had $5M remaining. 1 year. He gets 66% of that paid out over twice the term. That's how buyouts work in the CBA. That's $3,333.333. Paid out over 2 years. $1,666,667. You need to get some sleep. Yesterday you had no idea what this stuff is or how it works. Look at the Rangers cap charge for this season. $3,716,667. Subtract his cap hit of $7,050,000 from that. You get $3,333.333. How much is that per year if its paid out over twice the remaining term which is 1?The Rangers cap hit for the 2nd year matches the $ paid out to Drury because he had 1 year remaining.

Old
06-07-2012, 08:49 AM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:
What am I doing? Drury was bought out. He had $5M remaining. 1 year. He gets 66% of that paid out over twice the term. That's how buyouts work in the CBA. That's $3,333.333. Paid out over 2 years. $1,666,667. You need to get some sleep. Yesterday you had no idea what this stuff is or how it works. Look at the Rangers cap charge for this season. $3,716,667. Subtract his cap hit of $7,050,000 from that. You get $3,333.333. How much is that per year if its paid out over twice the remaining term which is 1?The Rangers cap hit for the 2nd year matches the $ paid out to Drury because he had 1 year remaining.
thought he had two years on his contract when he was bought out. my bad.

Kreider Typical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 08:51 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

I just don't see Konopka as a viable 4th line center over and entire season. He's played one full season of NHL hockey in his career. He's an enforcer who happens to be good at faceoffs. I think people saw a little too much of him in the Ottawa series and are going to be disappointed next year if he's our 4th line C.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 08:59 AM
NYR Viper

I don't see it as much of a downgrade from Mitchell. If he can be the 4th line center/13th forward I think that's a good move.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 09:08 AM
NYROrtsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I just don't see Konopka as a viable 4th line center over and entire season. He's played one full season of NHL hockey in his career. He's an enforcer who happens to be good at faceoffs. I think people saw a little too much of him in the Ottawa series and are going to be disappointed next year if he's our 4th line C.
This...

He brings ZERO offensively. Fights and is good at faceoffs. That's absolutely all he brings to the table.

NYROrtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 10:13 AM
Leetch66

Konopka is a good enough upgrade over Mitchell IMO . Plus he is insurance if Prust / Bickel/ Dubi are not back in the dropping the gloves department .

Leetch66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 10:19 AM
EEDAWGZ

Scrub or not , Konopka made us look like fools in the faceoff circle

EEDAWGZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 10:21 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
I don't see it as much of a downgrade from Mitchell. If he can be the 4th line center/13th forward I think that's a good move.
I dunno. I'm leery of paying a UFA price for a guy like that. We've overpaid on Rupp, Brashear, and Boogie. If we're going to break the bank on a face-off guy, I just assume go after Gaustad. He wins draws, fights, and brings 20-30 points to the table. He'll probably take north of $2.5M per year to get signed though.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 10:24 AM
NYR Viper

I think Konopka will get just under a million/year. Which I think is reasonable.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 10:27 AM
eco's bones

Konopka-Prust-maybe Rupp on the same line-----that should be interesting.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 11:03 AM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
I seriously doubt that buy-outs won't carry cap-hits into the next CBA. They didn't last time because there was no cap in the last CBA. This time it will be apples to apples.

Brian Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 11:52 AM
CM PUNK

Quote:

is there a link to the chat transcript? I couldn't find it on blueshirts united

CM PUNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 11:54 AM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregSirico View Post
overpaying by us .... Nash is essentially a salary dump hence we shouldn't over pay ... at all
Not really, because CBJ proved they are fine keeping him. It's only a salary dump if the other team cant afford him. Again though, I don't want to give up staal even for Nash.

Lundsanity30 is offline   Reply With Quote