HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

SCF Gm#4, 6/6/12: KINGS lose 3-1 to DEVILS, Devils live to fight another day ...

Closed Thread

Old
06-07-2012, 12:51 AM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

vCash: 500
More news fail, this time by KCal 9 sports..."LA Kings qoalie Mike Quick, coming off that shut out is ready for the game"

Old
06-07-2012, 01:00 AM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

We will take game 5. Tonight just delays the inevitable...I trust Sutter to get the boys prepared for Saturday.

Old
06-07-2012, 01:03 AM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan28 View Post
More news fail, this time by KCal 9 sports..."LA Kings qoalie Mike Quick, coming off that shut out is ready for the game"
At this point, I don't care. They are always gonna mess up something.

Old
06-07-2012, 01:16 AM
Wooty

I wonder how much of the actual news they **** up. CNN is unwatchable now, local news is probably trying more and more agenda based news then ever.

Old
06-07-2012, 01:16 AM
Vamos Rafa
ADT = GH

Get this blonde out of here!!! Redhead is our good luck charm, not blonde!

Old
06-07-2012, 01:36 AM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Kings missed more opportunities than the devils. Simple as that.

Move along, nothing to see here. Saturday is the day.

Old
06-07-2012, 01:37 AM
Slycer

Oh how I knew someone is gonna get that snap! Nice knockers, they soften the kick in the nuts after being up from 2am-5am, to see the team lose.

Old
06-07-2012, 01:38 AM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillinnap View Post

The redhead from PHX has gone blonde.

Old
06-07-2012, 01:54 AM
jonrazor12
Palffy for President

I was at the game and it looked like both teams were afraid to make a mistake. LA did not show the same fire they did in previous games. Tonight could have been complete domination by the kings but they did not come to play tonight.

Old
06-07-2012, 02:00 AM
Wooty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrazor12 View Post
I was at the game and it looked like both teams were afraid to make a mistake. LA did not show the same fire they did in previous games. Tonight could have been complete domination by the kings but they did not come to play tonight.
You have the same initials as a certain Devil fan who opened up a barrage with "I was at the game and I..."

Old
06-07-2012, 02:06 AM
likid

Nothing really to worry. I'll write the same I wrote after the loss in first round game 4 against Vancouver.

Kings have three more possibilities to finish this series. In next possible three games at least once will happened following:

- Quick will get shotout or max one goal;
- at least in one game Kings will score four or more goals;

And if this won't be enough then they don't deserve a cup. But I'm 100% sure this will be enough.

And my personal felling is that their winning strak away will end on Saturday but then in game six they'll finish the job. But I won't be angry if they finish it on Saturday.

Don't forget now real traveling part start. If there will be game 7, both teams will travel three times across the country in 7 days with time difference of three hours. I'm sure Kings are much more used to that. And the gap betwen games 5, 6 and is only 2 days between each.

Old
06-07-2012, 02:22 AM
MSPGabe
Born & Bred In Maine

Go Kings Go, win in 5 so that I win my $45!

I put $10 down on the Kings in 5 before the series started, at 9/2 odds. I was rooting for you to win the first 3, and then lose one, no offense.

I seriously have enjoyed watching your team this year. You'll close it out in 5, or 6 at the worst. Don't stress too much, it does not do the body good. Be happy your run this year has been amazing, last year's Bruins run damn near killed me.

Old
06-07-2012, 02:55 AM
Wildturkey12
Do It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillinnap View Post

I saw her during the first intermission. Those things were ridiculous.

Old
06-07-2012, 04:48 AM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

I actually think this was the Kings best game and they lost.

I do think the Devils deverved a win too. This series they were too good to get swept.

After the 1-1 of Doughty I thought the 2-1 was coming because the Devils had lost it. Kings players could enter the Devils zone pretty easily. We should have scored in those couple of minutes.

Old
06-07-2012, 05:11 AM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

It's a tough loss. It felt like the Devils had figured out the Kings though. I'm worried about Saturday to say the least.

Old
06-07-2012, 06:37 AM
likid

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post
It's a tough loss. It felt like the Devils had figured out the Kings though. I'm worried about Saturday to say the least.
I do believe that Phoenix has much more dominated in game 4 of previous series than Devils today. One win in next three possible matches is enough.

Here are also phostos of public viewing in Hrusica - Slovenia. I'm sure there will be also some videos avaliable during the day. Over 1.200 people were there. For saturday it is expected much more...

http://www.zurnal24.si/kopitar-co-pr...-clanek-158859

Old
06-07-2012, 07:47 AM
kovacro
"Jazz Hands" by Alec

Tough loss, if one of those 2 shots that hits the post go in we are talking about a different end result but what can you do, sometimes you get the bounces and sometimes you don't.

Give the Devils credit for the win but we still are in pole position and only need one more win. I like our guys to go and get it done on Saturday night.

GO KINGS GO!

Old
06-07-2012, 08:43 AM
gerhart

Send a message via MSN to gerhart
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
It will be 8 hours or more for sure. Although, Saturday morning is about the best possible time to make that drive, but you cant go by GOOG maps given they're not counting the border, and breaks, etc....
I've done the drive to Princeton about three times. It has been about 8 1/2 hours with stops. This will be the first time to Newark. I am anticipating that it will be a little closer to eight as well. Just hopeful for closer to seven. The border can be a little tricky, but we should be OK crossing near 1000 Islands and Alexandria, NY. Thanks for the advice!

Old
06-07-2012, 08:57 AM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

It's sad how much a non-advantage home ice has become in the playoffs. I'll have to check overall but I'm fairly certain the road team has won more than the home teamin these playoffs. Would have been nice to close it out last night .

Old
06-07-2012, 09:03 AM
lumbergh

Sucks that the Kings lost, but Drew Doughty has been fabulous over the last four weeks. Never mind that he scored last night, he has been a rock back there with Scuderi and getting the puck out with speed and remarkable calmness. Just an absolute joy to watch back there.

If he continues this quality of play over an entire season, he'll win the Norris next year.

Old
06-07-2012, 09:16 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Yeah, this is the Drew Doughty we've all been waiting for. You can argue that he shines in the spotlight, think about how well he's played in the playoffs (even last year) and the year he was nominated for the Norris and was on the Olympic team.

This year was pretty bad for him but he's been outstanding in the playoffs, so has everyone else. Let's hope this is done on Saturday, the last thing I want is to give the Devils hope

Old
06-07-2012, 09:18 AM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by likid View Post
I do believe that Phoenix has much more dominated in game 4 of previous series than Devils today. One win in next three possible matches is enough.

Here are also phostos of public viewing in Hrusica - Slovenia. I'm sure there will be also some videos avaliable during the day. Over 1.200 people were there. For saturday it is expected much more...

http://www.zurnal24.si/kopitar-co-pr...-clanek-158859
Yeah, but that game felt a lot like the Kings were just too nervous and gripping their sticks. They got blown away in game 4 by Phoenix.

This one felt a lot more like game 4 against Vancouver. Kings are going to have to make some adjustments and focus on the fundamentals. Devils know how to score on them now.

One thing I noticed to the Kings advantage is that they are still getting some clean breaks and jumping on the Devils during changes.

They need to emphasize on that and really push their forecheck. The Devils have sucked on changes all series.

Old
06-07-2012, 09:21 AM
Slycer

Hrusica Slovenia - Game 4

1500 people were watching the game from 2am-5am! On a weekday! I imagine it might be much much more on saturday/sunday.

Old
06-07-2012, 09:40 AM
Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post
Yeah, but that game felt a lot like the Kings were just too nervous and gripping their sticks. They got blown away in game 4 by Phoenix.

This one felt a lot more like game 4 against Vancouver. Kings are going to have to make some adjustments and focus on the fundamentals. Devils know how to score on them now.

One thing I noticed to the Kings advantage is that they are still getting some clean breaks and jumping on the Devils during changes.

They need to emphasize on that and really push their forecheck. The Devils have sucked on changes all series.
I think you may be looking into things a bit too much. The Devils scored 2 goals, I don't think they've figured out some secret. The Kings hit two posts when the game was still 0-0, and they missed 3 breakaways. An inch left or right and we'd be planning the parade. They just didn't quite execute good enough to win. It happens, I'm not worried.

We got this.

Old
06-07-2012, 09:57 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
It's sad how much a non-advantage home ice has become in the playoffs. I'll have to check overall but I'm fairly certain the road team has won more than the home teamin these playoffs. Would have been nice to close it out last night .
I believe the road team is 10 games above 0.500. Helped by the Kings being 10-0.

Kings have a chance at another NHL record with their 11th road win on Saturday. NJ was 10-1 when they won one of their cups.

Closed Thread