HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Discussion for all prospects including Adirondack Phantoms (AHL)

Closed Thread

Old
06-06-2012, 12:07 PM
BernieParent

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psuhockey View Post
I agree. What is interesting is Carolina at 8. They are interested in acquiring a top 6 forward and are loaded with young dmen. They talk about Parise and Staal but I doubt they get either. Would the 20th + JVR get you the 8th + McBain or Dumoulin? The Flyers get a top 4 dman plus can draft another one at 8 or catch a falling Grigs.
I doubt Carolina would go for that, but maybe JvR for Dumoulin + 2nd.

I predict that Montreal – who is desperate for size up the middle – takes Grigorenko at #3.

Old
06-06-2012, 12:58 PM
Broad Street Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Koekkoek is behind Finn and Lindholm for me. I'd honestly maybe take Hertl before Koekkoek. Whoever takes Hertl is going to take a steal, hands down. But I do think a defender is more important to the team.
I have Koekkoek ahead of Finn (more upside imo) and close to, but probably slightly behind Lindolm because while they have similar upside, Lindholm is probably a year closer to the NHL than Koekkoek. We can't lose with either.

I also agree with your assessments of Wilson and Hertl. I was simply saying that Wilson is a player the Flyers have traditionally loved (huge, already has a ton of power, probably can play a 4th line next year, some offensive upside)

Old
06-06-2012, 01:08 PM
Psuhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
I agree. I figured the Flyers would probably have to add Read, which a lot of fans would balk at I think. I however would do that deal of the 8th + Dumoulin for Read, JVR, and 20th because I think Dumoulin has first pair potential down the line, 2nd pair like Coburn at the bare minimum. You add in one of Ceci, Reinhart, Trouba, or Reilly and you will be set for years to come.

Old
06-06-2012, 08:08 PM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 1050
Button's also the one that predicted Couturier at 8. Just sayin. Anyway I fully expect us to not be drafting in the first round anyway, that pick is being traded for something.

Old
06-06-2012, 08:17 PM
BernieParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psuhockey View Post
I agree. I figured the Flyers would probably have to add Read, which a lot of fans would balk at I think. I however would do that deal of the 8th + Dumoulin for Read, JVR, and 20th because I think Dumoulin has first pair potential down the line, 2nd pair like Coburn at the bare minimum. You add in one of Ceci, Reinhart, Trouba, or Reilly and you will be set for years to come.
Dumoulin is one of the young top D prospects whom I would love for Holmgren to get creative in picking up.

Old
06-07-2012, 09:27 AM
JVR21
G

Quote:
Renaud P Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS
Ducks signs Patrick Maroon 1 year / 550 000 (2 way). 32-42-74 in 75 games with Syracuse Crunch last season.
Damn, he tore it up.

Old
06-07-2012, 12:17 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR21 View Post
Damn, he tore it up.
guess he likes it it Syracuse.

Old
06-12-2012, 05:02 AM
mirimon

For those who like to keep track of former Flyers prospects Ricard Blidstrand signed a contract with Västerås, a team in the Swedish tier 2 (Allsvenskan).

Old
06-14-2012, 11:06 PM
Giroux 4 MVP
Girøux #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirimon View Post
For those who like to keep track of former Flyers prospects Ricard Blidstrand signed a contract with Västerås, a team in the Swedish tier 2 (Allsvenskan).
Not worth a contract very average IMO, now what does any one think nick cousins has a shot at the big club this year? Holmgren seemed like he would get a considerable chance to make it in an interview about a week after being eliminated, thoughts?

Old
06-15-2012, 08:09 AM
Amateur Hour

Quote:

I predict that Montreal – who is desperate for size up the middle – takes Grigorenko at #3.
Quote:
Dumoulin is one of the young top D prospects whom I would love for Holmgren to get creative in picking up.
Seems to be pretty under the radar, but another one of the Hurricanes' young D prospects who I would love to see the Flyers acquire is Danny Biega. Was able to catch some Harvard games on NBCSN this year and really liked him, think he's going to be a good NHL player.

Old
06-15-2012, 09:45 AM
Broad Street Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux 4 MVP View Post
Not worth a contract very average IMO, now what does any one think nick cousins has a shot at the big club this year? Holmgren seemed like he would get a considerable chance to make it in an interview about a week after being eliminated, thoughts?
Cousins could play on the Flyers 4th line next season if we went through with some of these trades where we are moving 2 top 6 forwards. He has solid 2-way instincts already and I doubt he'd be a defensive liability. More likely (and probably more reasonably), he could use one season at the AHL level, then jump to the 3rd/4th line in 2013-2014.

Kid oozes compete, but is still a little bit raw offensively, so he'll get a shot in camp to see where he fits. Even without any trades, he should be able to compete with Rinaldo, assuming a solid camp.

Old
06-15-2012, 10:34 PM
jd2210
Registered Non User

Quote:
I really liked how we handled Wellwood and would like to see Cousins handled in a similar manner.
The fact he only made 1 AHL game tells me the plan is one more year of junior for him.

Old
06-15-2012, 11:09 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Adam kimelman posted an article on hyka and his journey so far. Last line though quotes hyka saying e really hopes to play with te Flyers this season and with his friends on the team (said giroux talbot voracek and jagr) he might not turn out to be anything but i always like a player that wants to play for a certain team

Old
06-15-2012, 11:11 PM
Giroux 4 MVP
Girøux #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Adam kimelman posted an article on hyka and his journey so far. Last line though quotes hyka saying e really hopes to play with te Flyers this season and with his friends on the team (said giroux talbot voracek and jagr) he might not turn out to be anything but i always like a player that wants to play for a certain team
Think he's there when the flyers get to the podium in the third round?

Old
06-15-2012, 11:25 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Think he's there when the flyers get to the podium in the third round?
Theres a chance. He is ranked 45(?) out of all NA players so f you include european he could fall into the third. Or tou have a team that watched him play the preseason games and this past year and think he is worth a second.

Old
06-16-2012, 09:02 AM
Giroux 4 MVP
Girøux #28

I think cousins should be in the minors for a year maybe even two, him and akeson on the same line would be nice to watch and all the centers we have down there are pretty average at best

Old
06-16-2012, 09:17 AM
Larry44

Quote:
I think cousins should be in the minors for a year maybe even two, him and akeson on the same line would be nice to watch and all the centers we have down there are pretty average at best
Cousins will play in Jr. next year, then likely the Phantoms for a year thereafter. He's a good prospect but he's smallish and will need to fill out a bit to be effective as a small player at the NHL level, esp. since everyone on the ice is always looking to kill him. I like his skills, vision, etc. but let's not rush it, he's a kid.

Old
06-16-2012, 01:52 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 10000
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
I would let him destroy the OHL again next year. He'll be one of the top scorers in the league, and then let him join the Phantoms for a hopeful playoff run. Then, give him a look in camp in 2013-2014 for a bottom 6 role.

Old
06-17-2012, 08:45 AM
SeanCWombBroom
DownieFaceSoftener

What are the lines going to look like next year for the Phantoms on O and D? Who will be the starting goaltender?

Old
06-17-2012, 09:59 AM
Prongo
Beer

Pretty good read on the Flyers prospects. Chris Pryor gave his opinion also on all of the prospects in the article.

http://www.courierpostonline.com/art...ws|text|Sports

Old
06-17-2012, 10:33 AM
SeanCWombBroom
DownieFaceSoftener

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
Pretty good read on the Flyers prospects. Chris Pryor gave his opinion also on all of the prospects in the article.

Thank you thank you.

Old
06-17-2012, 12:11 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:

Thank you very much.

Old
06-17-2012, 12:19 PM
FLYguy3911

Quote:

Akeson not even a mention?

Good read though.

Old
06-17-2012, 01:17 PM
4thline4life
The Mased God

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
Akeson not even a mention?

Good read though.
Akesons 2 way game has a long way to go before he sees nhl time, that and there's really no top 6 spots available for the future where'd he have to play because his defense is subpar. I think he's got great vision and hockey sense though

Old
06-17-2012, 01:31 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

^^^ yup. i think its top 6 or bust for Akeson. I cant see it being here tho. Is he a NHL player? I dont know right now. right now hes another Justin Acevedo.

Closed Thread