HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who gets their name on the cup?

Old
06-05-2012, 07:23 PM
Mindcircus

vCash: 500
Who gets their name on the cup?

Can you guys clear something up for me? Was Simon Gagne put in the lineup for Game 3 so his name would be on the cup when/if the Kings win it? Do you actually have to play in the playoffs to get your name on the cup? If this is true, then Kevin Westgarth is SOL unless he somehow gets the call for Game 4...

Mindcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 07:28 PM
Pharseer

vCash: 0
No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindcircus View Post
Can you guys clear something up for me? Was Simon Gagne put in the lineup for Game 3 so his name would be on the cup when/if the Kings win it? Do you actually have to play in the playoffs to get your name on the cup? If this is true, then Kevin Westgarth is SOL unless he somehow gets the call for Game 4...
The NHL can make exceptions for things like Injuries, like in Gagne's case. No, you don't have to play in the playoffs to get your name on the cup as long as you have 41 regular season games. Gags played in 34 but since it was a concussion the league could make a call, and the winning team can have up to 52 names on the Cup.

Sutter will bench players who don't play well, and Richardson was out there for 7 scoring chances and the NJ goal the game before. He just hasn't been the same player since the earlier series. Seems like he might have been sending a message, or could have been resting Richardson in case this becomes a long series.

We will see who plays tomorrow.

Last edited by Pharseer: 06-05-2012 at 07:33 PM.
Pharseer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 07:30 PM
Shellz

hopefully i do

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 07:35 PM
w00d
In Saad We Trust

The rule is 41 games during the regular season, or 1 game in the Finals. Westgarth has not done either, so his name is not automatically included on the Cup. Depending on how much space is left on the trophy after everyone else to be included is considered, the Kings may be able to petition the league to add a name or two to the Cup.

My guess is they will only get one extra spot, and Scott Parse will probably be the guy, since he's been with the organization the longest and missed nearly the entire season due to his injuries, similar to Marc Savard in Boston last year.

w00d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 07:43 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

If the Kings petition for anyone it should be Drewiske, **** Parse. Drewiske has spent a long time here and been the consummate professional, staying ready and stepping in when needed over the years. I couldn't care less of Parse gets his name of the Cup. Wstgarth... Eh, I wouldn't object, but if the Kings try for an exception it should be Drewiske, and I'd feel that way even if Gagne didn't get to play and wasn't a shoe in.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 07:43 PM
Mindcircus

Thanks for the knowledge!

Mindcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 07:53 PM
onlyalad

They will have to petition for Davis Drewiskie as well

onlyalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 08:00 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

they should change the ruling to allow players who have been on the roster all year but havn't palyed enough games to automatically be included. Westgarth and Drewiskie were a part of the team, they played in important regular season games and have been with the team all year, they shouldn't need to petition their names to get them on the cup

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 09:20 PM
Mxpunk

Agreed. Drewiske has been a trooper and never complained. He deserves to be on it. If Mike Illitchs entire family can be listed, so should Drewiske

Mxpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 09:28 PM
KingsKnight
June 11-12 13-14

Jack Johnson?

KingsKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 09:28 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Generally the non-regulars get it, if they stayed with the team. Drewiskie for instance. Loktinonov I'm sure would. Depending on how much personnel gets on, they might try to squeeze in Trent Hunter since he was professional about the whole 'you're not an NHL player anymore' thing

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 09:38 PM
Belanger25
ZUES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
Generally the non-regulars get it, if they stayed with the team. Drewiskie for instance. Loktinonov I'm sure would. Depending on how much personnel gets on, they might try to squeeze in Trent Hunter since he was professional about the whole 'you're not an NHL player anymore' thing
I think the petitions will be for Westgarth, Loktionov and Drewiske. Gagne would have been the fourth but him playing last night changed that.

Loktionov missed the cut off by 2 games. It would be a shame if he doesn't get on because of it.

Belanger25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 10:45 PM
Pharseer

vCash: 0
Yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belanger25 View Post
I think the petitions will be for Westgarth, Loktionov and Drewiske. Gagne would have been the fourth but him playing last night changed that.

Loktionov missed the cut off by 2 games. It would be a shame if he doesn't get on because of it.
I am thinking they would have to make an exception for Lokti since he is so much closer than some of the other players.

Pharseer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 02:21 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

I doubt they put Moreau on the Cup.

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 02:42 AM
Hockeyfan68

The Stanley Cup Champions get their names on the cup .... that hasn't happened yet.

I watched my Bruins lose a 3 games to zero lead to the Flyers. Consider the win when you have actually done so.

Hockeyfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 03:14 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

Wouldn't have any issues with any of the names mentioned here (Parse, Westgarth, Drewiskie, Lokti, Hunter)

Moreau on the other hand can go screw himself. Hunter clearly wasn't an NHL player but he went down to the AHL and honored his contract and by all indications worked hard and helped out some of the younger guys. Moreau suddenly became "injured" when he was demoted. That shows you right there the difference in character between someone like Hunter and someone like Moreau.

Moreau deserves nothing, no bonus, no ring and certainly not his name on the Stanley Cup.

Last edited by Herby: 06-06-2012 at 03:19 AM.
Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 03:39 AM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Goose.

There's two "O's" in "Goose," boys.

JK...seriously, this for sure is a topic for after we win. After all, who knows if we can beat down NJ again and DD44 gets his few minutes in the 3rd period.

- R
.>|<.

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 03:50 AM
SCARFACE909

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan68 View Post
The Stanley Cup Champions get their names on the cup .... that hasn't happened yet.

I watched my Bruins lose a 3 games to zero lead to the Flyers. Consider the win when you have actually done so.
Why are you so worried about it? He simply asked a question of who gets their name on the cup.

SCARFACE909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 11:49 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
If the Kings petition for anyone it should be Drewiske, **** Parse. Drewiske has spent a long time here and been the consummate professional, staying ready and stepping in when needed over the years. I couldn't care less of Parse gets his name of the Cup. Wstgarth... Eh, I wouldn't object, but if the Kings try for an exception it should be Drewiske, and I'd feel that way even if Gagne didn't get to play and wasn't a shoe in.
Out of curiousity, how is Drewiske the ultimate professional for being a healthy scratch, but Parse isn't for battling back from two hip surgeries and other injuries? The only reason he isn't an automatic for getting his name on the cup this year most likely is because he was badly hurt. At least he was legitimately in the line up, not a constant press box filler. No disrespect towards DD44 either, I agree with you that he was great pro about it, but Parse has done everything he has and been in the Kings organization just as long as DD44.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 11:56 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post
they should change the ruling to allow players who have been on the roster all year but havn't palyed enough games to automatically be included. Westgarth and Drewiskie were a part of the team, they played in important regular season games and have been with the team all year, they shouldn't need to petition their names to get them on the cup
I get what your saying, but there's a probelm with it. For example Edmonton and Taylor Fedun this year. Likely wouldn't have made the team out of camp and have been in the minors, but due to his pre-season leg injury, he was on the IR all season and listed as being on the Oilers team. Even counted against the cap. Under your rule, he'd get on the cup but really does he deserve to?

Old
06-06-2012, 02:09 PM
RAZZIE King
Los Cucarachas

Tom Renney

RAZZIE King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 11:14 PM
Hockeyfan68

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCARFACE909 View Post
Why are you so worried about it? He simply asked a question of who gets their name on the cup.
THE TEAM THAT WINS IT. That hasn't happened yet.

Hockeyfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 11:19 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Loktionov played vs Vancouver, would automatically get on

Old
06-07-2012, 09:29 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZZIE King View Post
Tom Renney
I see what you did there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post
Loktionov played vs Vancouver, would automatically get on
No he wouldn't. It's 41 regular season games or one game in the finals. Loktionov doesn't qualify for either (though I hope in his case they pitch for an exemption to get him on).

Old
06-07-2012, 11:34 AM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
I see what you did there.

No he wouldn't. It's 41 regular season games or one game in the finals. Loktionov doesn't qualify for either (though I hope in his case they pitch for an exemption to get him on).
oh my mistake, i thought it was just 1 playoff game