HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Your 2-year Plan

Old
06-07-2012, 12:54 PM
Giroux4MVP
Rookie User

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotbubbles View Post
1. Bobrovsky won't return a 1st round pick so your plan is doomed from the start
2. Hartnell will need a new contract in 2013

1) Disagree whole heartedly. A Young goalie with upside, a manageable cap hit, and someone who has done it at the NHL level? Semyon Varlamov was traded for a 1st and two 2nds, hell Biron, at age 28 Biron was traded for a 2nd rounder. Bob is 23, had a very good rookie year, and a 2nd season where he had to adjust to being a backup. Either way take Thrower at 20 and sign a young free agent winger with some upside and size like a Simmonds type.

2) Didn't realize that, but Hartnell would likely re-sign for a similar deal to what he has now, he loves this team and the city. I honestly feel like everytime I go somewhere in the city (eagles/phillies games) he's always there.

Giroux4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 12:55 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingNuck View Post
Hey guys,

Lauridsen is sort of an unknown player in Denmark... For some reason he is overlooked quite often.

Danish Tv2sport interviewed Paddock about Oliver, and he had some positive things to say about him..

When you drafted him, I NEVER thought he come even CLOSE to the NHL. Looks like he might get the chance if he has a good camp.

Here is the link, In danish...

http://tv2sport.dk/flyers-tror-paa-lauridsen-i-nhl

Do you guys know anything about him? Or are you in the dark about his level and potential?
Always like The Dane. Big guy who hits like a tank and is pretty solid defensively. Has a problem moving the puck at times though, and skating is average at best. Really needs to work on his skating but I think he could be a 5/6 in a year or so (maybe even a callup this season if Bourdon isnt resigned)

If he had better skating, he would easily be in the NHL right now.

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 12:56 PM
whatthef
Failure is an Option

vCash: 1000
Quote:
1. Bobrovsky won't return a 1st round pick so your plan is doomed from the start
Yeah While I liked a lot of ideas there this is pretty true. I believe both Simmonds and Hartnell both need new contracts next year. Bob isn't going to get a 1st rounder. I would see what offers are out there, but I wouldn't want to just give him away. Also, Biron is a nice guy and I liked him while he was her, but he sucks now. I would prefer to not have him as a back up.

whatthef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 12:59 PM
mirimon

Quote:
Lilja will count towards the cap as well, even if he's in the minors. A minor detail of course, since it just means that we won't have to endure having to watch Woywitka play defense for us.

My (slightly realistic) dream for next season looks like this

JvR-Giroux-Read
Hartnell-Couturier-Brière
Simmonds-Schenn-Voracek
Wellwood-Gaustad-Talbot
Rinaldo

Suter-Meszaros
Timonen-Coburn
Grossmann-Gustafsson/Bourdon
Lilja

Bryzgalov
Bobrovsky

Shelley gets a surprisingly well paid job somewhere in the organization, everyone plays great, Bobrovsky ups his trade value, we win the cup. That will unfortunately lead to Timonen retiring most likely, so he'll have to be replaced. Weber is the dream there of course, but there are a few other names out there as well; Enström, Vlasic, Edler or maybe a guy like Ryan Whitney to bolster the power play. I've always had a soft spot for Ron Hainsey as well if we have to go a little cheaper. The only other notable UFA from that team should be Hartnell. Depending on what happens to the cap for next season, I wouldn't mind at all if he was re-signed. If we're not able to do so, a guy like Brenden Morrow could be interesting. He's no longer as good as he was a while ago perhaps, but he still brings a lot of things to the table. Another decent replacement could be Chris Higgins.

I didn't include Schultz or any draft picks in this. I've no real idea about how good that guy is, I hope he'll sign for us since every team appears to want his signature, but I don't really know if he's actually NHL ready or not.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 01:41 PM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Always like The Dane. Big guy who hits like a tank and is pretty solid defensively. Has a problem moving the puck at times though, and skating is average at best. Really needs to work on his skating but I think he could be a 5/6 in a year or so (maybe even a callup this season if Bourdon isnt resigned)

Thanks

Has Broad Street Bully written all over him

Yeah his skating was always average, although Paddock mentions he moves well for his size..

But he really is just a stay at home D-man no more no less.... I hope you guys get to use him... Would be awesome for Danish hockey too

Just thought id share the article, as I suspect you have to look far for anything in english on him

ImGoingNucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 07:18 PM
SeanCWombBroom
DownieFaceSoftener

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
James Van Riemsdyk ($4.250m) / Brayden Schenn ($3.110m) / Jakub Voracek ($3.500m)
Scott Hartnell ($4.200m) / Claude Giroux ($3.750m) / Danny Briere ($6.500m)
Eric Wellwood ($0.580m) / Sean Couturier ($1.375m) / Wayne Simmonds ($1.750m)
Tom Sestito ($0.700m) / Maxime Talbot ($1.750m) / Matt Read ($0.900m)
DEFENSEMEN
Kimmo Timonen ($6.333m) / Ryan Suter ($6.500m)
Braydon Coburn ($4.500m) / Michal Rozsival ($5.000m)
Nicklas Grossmann ($3.500m) / Andreas Lilja ($0.738m)
Marc-Andre Bourdon ($0.900m) /
GOALTENDERS
Ilya Bryzgalov ($5.667m)
Martin Biron ($0.900m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $66,402,500; BONUSES: $2,705,000
CAP SPACE (21-man roster): $3,897,500

Year two:

CAPGEEK
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
James Van Riemsdyk ($4.250m) / Brayden Schenn ($3.110m) / Jakub Voracek ($3.500m)
Scott Hartnell ($5.5m) / Claude Giroux ($3.750m) / Danny Briere ($6.500m)
Eric Wellwood ($1.580m) / Sean Couturier ($1.375m) / Wayne Simmonds ($3.750m)
Tom Sestito ($0.700m) / Maxime Talbot ($1.750m) / Matt Read ($0.900m)
DEFENSEMEN
Brandon Manning ($.950m) / Ryan Suter ($6.500m)
Braydon Coburn ($4.500m) / Michal Rozsival ($5.000m)
Nicklas Grossmann ($3.500m) / Blake Kessel ($.950m)
Marc-Andre Bourdon ($0.900m) /
GOALTENDERS
Ilya Bryzgalov ($5.667m)
Martin Biron ($0.900m)
------

Last edited by SeanCWombBroom: 06-07-2012 at 07:31 PM.
SeanCWombBroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 08:32 PM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 50
Rozsival for 5 mil per? What?

Props to Nemesis for the signature and avatar.
SnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 08:34 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:

I have to say though, Manning has me far more excited than Lauridsen for good reason.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 09:00 PM
SeanCWombBroom
DownieFaceSoftener

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0otnSc0re View Post
I thought it may raise an eyebrow.

2 yr deal. UFA signing (pay more). Could seek higher money in the KHL. Also not a 35+ contract.

Can log a ton of minutes. Experienced. Take some pressure off of Kimmo for a year. Pay more for a shorter contract. Decent with the puck.

Good 3/4 defenseman until Gus/Manning/etc move up.

Takes the place of resigning Carle for what Carle is going to get plus the 5 million coming back once the contract is up can go towards the 3 centers having to be resigned in '14.

SeanCWombBroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 09:14 PM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownieFaceSoftener View Post
I thought it may raise an eyebrow.

2 yr deal. UFA signing (pay more). Could seek higher money in the KHL. Also not a 35+ contract.

Can log a ton of minutes. Experienced. Take some pressure off of Kimmo for a year. Pay more for a shorter contract. Decent with the puck.

Good 3/4 defenseman until Gus/Manning/etc move up.

Takes the place of resigning Carle for what Carle is going to get plus the 5 million coming back once the contract is up can go towards the 3 centers having to be resigned in '14.
Neither Carle or Roszival are worth $5M. That's my point.

Old
06-07-2012, 09:22 PM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

Quote:
What he said....

someone is on glue... and not the good stuff either.

dingbathero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 09:46 PM
achdumeingute

Quote:
Neither Carle or Roszival are worth $5M. That's my point.
But the 2 year deal makes it very manageable, and trade-able if he doesn't work out this year. Not looking at his stats, but he blocks alot of shots and hits decently I think.

He got hurt in that last PO game, did he recover?

achdumeingute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 09:49 PM
achdumeingute

For forwards I'd look at Ponikarovsky and Penner for their size, and Stoll, Gaustad for their all around great play.

All of these guys are 3rd liners, so I'm hoping to get one of them for 3 ish, which is a bit of a drop for all of them, but Penner and Poni have been pretty anemic, I don't think they will get as much as they get now. All 4 of these guys "play the right way" and will contribute far more than goals.

achdumeingute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 10:01 PM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 1050
Don't want Penner, he did well late in the season and the playoffs with Carter and Richards. But come on he had 17 points this year in 65 games, 7 goals. Hes not a defensive stalwart and isn't going to be laying any big hits any time soon. After he was traded to the kings last year 19 games 2 goals 4 assists. Hes just not good. He had one good year where he hit 30 goals thats it. Cheechoo hit 50 once too.

PALE PWNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 10:41 PM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by achdumeingute View Post
But the 2 year deal makes it very manageable, and trade-able if he doesn't work out this year. Not looking at his stats, but he blocks alot of shots and hits decently I think.

He got hurt in that last PO game, did he recover?
He's not worth 5M per.

Quote:
Originally Posted by achdumeingute View Post
For forwards I'd look at Ponikarovsky and Penner for their size, and Stoll, Gaustad for their all around great play.

All of these guys are 3rd liners, so I'm hoping to get one of them for 3 ish, which is a bit of a drop for all of them, but Penner and Poni have been pretty anemic, I don't think they will get as much as they get now. All 4 of these guys "play the right way" and will contribute far more than goals.

Don't like Penner or Poni. Not a big fan of Gaustad unless the price is "right".

I'd like Stoll the most of the 4 you mentioned.

Old
06-07-2012, 11:40 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
I have to say though, Manning has me far more excited than Lauridsen for good reason.
If Manning could hit his potential, he definitely has the highest out of the Gustafsson, Bourdon, Manning trio. He has some good passing skills (not as high as Gus's but good otherwise) and some good defensive play (doesnt hit all the time like MAB but does play solid defensively). If he can keep pushing himself, he has a decent chance at being a regular. Dont know about top 4 but definitly a 5/6 guy.

That said, in two years I guess I'd like to see:

Suter-Coburn
Enstrom-Grossmann
Meszaros-Lindholm

(or Finn or whatever defender we draft (assuming its not someone like Skjei who I can't see leaving college early. Too raw atm)

Old
06-08-2012, 12:13 AM
whatthef
Failure is an Option

vCash: 1000
Quote:
If Manning could hit his potential, he definitely has the highest out of the Gustafsson, Bourdon, Manning trio. He has some good passing skills (not as high as Gus's but good otherwise) and some good defensive play (doesnt hit all the time like MAB but does play solid defensively). If he can keep pushing himself, he has a decent chance at being a regular. Dont know about top 4 but definitly a 5/6 guy.

That said, in two years I guess I'd like to see:

Suter-Coburn
Enstrom-Grossmann
Meszaros-Lindholm

(or Finn or whatever defender we draft (assuming its not someone like Skjei who I can't see leaving college early. Too raw atm)
That's a nice looking blue line, but I don't see anyway that actually happens.

whatthef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 12:18 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatthef View Post
That's a nice looking blue line, but I don't see anyway that actually happens.
Well ya, I'd be surprised if we did also (it was more of me hoping if anything). But we will need a #1 defender in about a year. I honestly do think we will go after Enstrom next season or if we are struggling, a deadline deal for him. Enstrom is easily a #1 defender but plays on a terrible team. He would fit in well here.

I dont think it would be THAT difficult to do in a sense of money wise. Suter will be making 6-6.5 mil (I think) and Homer has gone on to say he needs to improve the defense. I cant see that meaning resign Carle and going with the exact same defense we just had last season. But hey I was wrong before. The season after Enstrom will be highly sout after also and will command around 6.5 mill also. Ya would suck having two defenders with high cap hits, but if they perform (which I know Enstrom will but dont know if Suter would) we would have a solid defense infront of Bryz. Then we have a 3rd pairing of Meszaros (or another FA defender) and Lindholm or another defender who we can ease into a top 4 spot.