HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Dreger "There will be offers for Schneider that will stop Gillis in his tracks."

Old
06-07-2012, 12:39 PM
LPH
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by
[YT
7b5OzBLv6Ug[/YT]
I was there, and it was an amazing save but doesn't represent Schnieds well. It shows his below average puck playing ability. What he excels at is amazing positioning and rebound control. His consistency is what makes him so amazing.

LPH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 12:40 PM
vanwest

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by indigobuffalo View Post
This raises a good point. With the threat lingering of an offer sheet on Schneider, especially one that would "stop Gillis in his tracks" the Canucks need to have Schneider locked up before they trade Luongo or else convince Luongo to stay and trade Schneider to an interested party.

If I were Gillis, I would be looking into what the cost would be to acquire someone like Lindback. If I like the price, I'd go to a local news source and say something to the effect of trying to sign Schneider but things are stalling. Then wait for teams to take the bait and throw out a ludicrous Offer Sheet (when the window opens), accept that, trade Luongo for max value, sign Lindback at a cheap price and laugh my way to the bank.

Canucks could end up with a good goalie in Lindback plus several 1st round picks and some roster players to inprove an already excellent roster.
And go with Lindback as our starting goalie?
No thanks. I want Schneider as our goalie for a long time.

vanwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 12:41 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
Two firsts and a second, including a lottery pick might stop him in his tracks.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 12:44 PM
LPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini View Post
This is getting to the point of hilarity.

Dreger has fallen so far his word is on par with bloggers. Schneider wont get any type of return unless some team chumps the Nucks with an offer sheet, which, would be funny if they dont trade Lu.

Schneider has to be one of the most over rated players in the NHL right now. Trading Lu will be the worst decision Gillis makes.

I think you spelt Gardiner wrong, starts with a G.

Old
06-07-2012, 12:48 PM
Isles72

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
Dreger sounds like Eklund...
can he play keyboards ?

Isles72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 12:50 PM
silvercanuck

I'm trying to resolve how a player that isn't a number one goalie to many of the fans that want him would offer sheet him for $5 million or higher. It's not making sense.

Personally I can't see most of the GM's involved putting that kind of money on an offer sheet. $5 million plus per season seems like a bit of a risk for a player that hasn't played more than 30 games. I think the uncomfortable number is more around $4 million.

silvercanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 01:01 PM
LPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercanuck View Post
I'm trying to resolve how a player that isn't a number one goalie to many of the fans that want him would offer sheet him for $5 million or higher. It's not making sense.

Personally I can't see most of the GM's involved putting that kind of money on an offer sheet. $5 million plus per season seems like a bit of a risk for a player that hasn't played more than 30 games. I think the uncomfortable number is more around $4 million.
I believe that it is trying to be used by Leaf fans to try to run the price up on Schnieder so that we are forced to trade luongo, thus lowering the price for Luongo.

I have heard up to 7 million dollars and I hope that it was just a troll because I'll take the 4 1sts

Old
06-07-2012, 01:03 PM
13TML13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spezzator View Post
Take it for what it's worth.

Sonny ‏@sonny1981
Hearing from trusted source that Columbus is ante-ing for Schneider, offering 2nd overall for Cory+. Also heard Leafs offered Schenn+ 4 Cory
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
LOL, these two aren't even similar value-wise.
Well it is Schenn + for Schneider and Schneider + for the 2nd Overall.. The + fills the value gap in both situations. It is likely that Burke will be shopping Schenn aggressively this summer for help in net or up front. As a TML fan I would be happy acquiring Schneider for Schenn + but I am curious as to how significant the + would have to be. Also as impressive as Schneider appears thus far, it would be nice to acquire a more proven goalie. It would be devastating to lose significant assets in another Raycroft situation, especially since we have no idea how Schneider will react to the incredible media/fan pressure in Toronto

13TML13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 01:11 PM
Liferleafer
Golf....again....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13TML13 View Post
Well it is Schenn + for Schneider and Schneider + for the 2nd Overall.. The + fills the value gap in both situations. It is likely that Burke will be shopping Schenn aggressively this summer for help in net or up front. As a TML fan I would be happy acquiring Schneider for Schenn + but I am curious as to how significant the + would have to be. Also as impressive as Schneider appears thus far, it would be nice to acquire a more proven goalie. It would be devastating to lose significant assets in another Raycroft situation, especially since we have no idea how Schneider will react to the incredible media/fan pressure in Toronto
I don't think there is any way the deal Schnieder, it would have to be extreme overpay. Not that i'm pushing for it, i just have a feeling thet'd take less for Luongo just to hang on to Schnieder.

Liferleafer is offline   Reply With Quote