*OFFICIAL* Peterborough Petes 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
06-07-2012, 01:12 PM
seen em all

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes96 View Post
well lets hope this deal isn't the one they're talking about. Wow that would be really bad and going in reverse. We need right wingers not another Left winger. And an OA tough guy does nothing for us
Sabourin is a right handed shot who play's left wing, right wing, and sometimes centre, hell who knows maybe he can play goalie too!

Old
06-07-2012, 02:38 PM
Petes96

Quote:
Originally Posted by seen em all View Post
Sabourin is a right handed shot who play's left wing, right wing, and sometimes centre, hell who knows maybe he can play goalie too!
there is no way its Sabourin. We don't need him and there won't be any trading with our rival. Menaud is more realistic and fills a hole although we are heavy on left handed shooters

Old
06-07-2012, 03:04 PM
Guerzy
ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ ︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

vCash: 50
Perhaps we'll know more by tonight or tomorrow, Reid seems quite confident in the examiner article that he is close to another deal.

Old
06-07-2012, 03:38 PM
Petes96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugy View Post
Perhaps we'll know more by tonight or tomorrow, Reid seems quite confident in the examiner article that he is close to another deal.
just heard its Menaud. Great addition to the team. Exciting teams

Old
06-07-2012, 03:56 PM
Guerzy
ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ ︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

Quote:
Francis Menard?

Old
06-07-2012, 04:13 PM
Petes1

Quote:
Any idea if it's just picks or more? Wondering if there's a possibility that Pierog could be part of it, being from Guelph. Mike Kelly said at the trade deadline last season that he'd only move Menard/McNaughton if he got a 94 plus picks. He could have changed his mind, but wouldn't be surprised if it involved more then just picks seeing as Menard was one of only two OA's on Guelph's roster.

Either way, it's a big addition to the lineup and nice to see the Petes have made the two biggest moves so far this off season.

Old
06-07-2012, 04:39 PM
Guerzy
ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ ︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

Certainly nice to see Reid being aggresively active. I hope Pierog isn't part of the deal, I really like him. He's feisty, pretty tough for his size and he had a good year offensively for a rookie. I think he can be a quality player for the Petes.

Old
06-07-2012, 05:51 PM
Petes96

Quote:
Francis Menard?
yes sorry. Menard from Guelph

Old
06-07-2012, 05:57 PM
Guerzy
ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ ︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

Quote:
yes sorry. Menard from Guelph
Any idea what for?

Old
06-07-2012, 05:58 PM
Petes96

Quote:
Certainly nice to see Reid being aggresively active. I hope Pierog isn't part of the deal, I really like him. He's feisty, pretty tough for his size and he had a good year offensively for a rookie. I think he can be a quality player for the Petes.
Puempel - Quine - Ritchie
Menard - Findlay - Nosad
Thompson - Pierog - Mathers
Maguire - Cornell - Betzold
Hatcher

Koekkoek - Bolland
Ceresnak - Murphy
Seymour - Varga
Murdoff

D'Agg
Giggy

leaves the import draft pick still available. Could trade it or use it. Team looks promising. Very good job Reid

Old
06-07-2012, 06:26 PM
Guerzy
ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ ︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

No Trojanovich?

I really like the look of the team right now, I think Reid has nice a very nice job in roster turnover since taking over. I also like our last 2 drafts. I certainly think we're headed in the right direction. This season looks promising, I think.

Old
06-07-2012, 06:32 PM
Petes96

Quote:
Any idea what for?
just picks again

Old
06-07-2012, 06:53 PM
StormSurge9

So is the Menard deal official yet? It's a very weird move at the current time considering Guelph's situation. I originally heard rumors that Mike Kelly would go after the best OA's available, but that doesn't look like it's happening for now. I would hope these picks eventually get turned into a defenseman.

If it is official, congrats to your team, getting a solid player.

Old
06-07-2012, 07:02 PM
Petes96

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorleaguebrian88 View Post
So is the Menard deal official yet? It's a very weird move at the current time considering Guelph's situation. I originally heard rumors that Mike Kelly would go after the best OA's available, but that doesn't look like it's happening for now. I would hope these picks eventually get turned into a defenseman.

If it is official, congrats to your team, getting a solid player.
its a done deal. should be announced tomorrow I would think

Old
06-08-2012, 07:01 AM
seen em all

Quote:
there is no way its Sabourin. We don't need him and there won't be any trading with our rival. Menaud is more realistic and fills a hole although we are heavy on left handed shooters
Read the post Sabourin is left handed shoots RIGHT but plays LW, RW,and Centre,as for limited offence, I believe that when a player get's limited ice time then of course you will see limited offence .This player lead all players in scoring in his last year of Minor Midget AAA ( Ottawa junior 67's ) never drafted in the O, but was picked up by Todd Gill in the 2nd rd. of the CJHL draft back in 2007,you might be pleasently surprised Petes fans.

Old
06-08-2012, 07:24 AM
Guerzy
ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ ︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

I think Sabourin would fit in well with the way the team is looking, I stated why yesterday so no sense in repeating, but I wouldn't mind a physical veteran guy who can fight to go along with Mathers and play in our bottom 6. Seen em all, are you hearing the Petes will indeed acquire him?

Old
06-08-2012, 08:43 AM
Petes96

Quote:
Read the post Sabourin is left handed shoots RIGHT but plays LW, RW,and Centre,as for limited offence, I believe that when a player get's limited ice time then of course you will see limited offence .This player lead all players in scoring in his last year of Minor Midget AAA ( Ottawa junior 67's ) never drafted in the O, but was picked up by Todd Gill in the 2nd rd. of the CJHL draft back in 2007,you might be pleasently surprised Petes fans.
Just to clarify. The Generals website states left wing and shoots left. This deal won't happen. He's not needed plus it would give us our third OA and tap Reid won't tie his hands this early. We can add another OA later in the season if needed. Plus wasting bottom six ice time on another "tough guy" is a waste. We should be using it to develop our younger players for next season

Old
06-08-2012, 09:02 AM
Petes1

Deal announced

http://gopetesgo.com/article/petes-a...m-guelph-storm

The Peterborough Petes announced today that General Manager David Reid has completed a trade with the Guelph Storm to acquire overage forward Francis Menard in exchange for a 14th round draft pick in the 2014 OHL Priority Selection and two conditional draft picks. Should Menard play for the Petes in 2012-13, the 14th round draft pick comes back to Peterborough and Guelph acquires London’s 2nd round pick in 2013 and a 3rd round pick in 2014.

The 6’ 186 lbs centre from Embrun, Ontario recorded 24 goals and 60 points in 68 games last season for the Storm and has recorded 42 goals and 105 points in three seasons in the OHL.

"Francis is a three zone player who competes to win every shift” says General Manager David Reid. “Along with his offensive abilities Francis adds the experience and leadership qualities that we are looking for from our overage players. Francis will play an important role with our team in the upcoming season."

Francis will be in Peterborough this weekend taking part in the Peterborough Dragon Boat Festival as a member of the Petes team. The Petes first race is at 9:50 on Saturday morning.

Old
06-08-2012, 09:07 AM
Guerzy
ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ ︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

Great! Findlay and Menard, two quality overage players. Props to Dave Reid, he's been aggressive in improving the team going forward.

Old
06-08-2012, 09:11 AM
Petes1

Just to correct the release on gopetesgo, the picks are 2nd in 2014, and 3rd in 2015.

Old
06-08-2012, 09:15 AM
Guerzy
ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ ︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

Quote:
Just to clarify. The Generals website states left wing and shoots left. This deal won't happen. He's not needed plus it would give us our third OA and tap Reid won't tie his hands this early. We can add another OA later in the season if needed. Plus wasting bottom six ice time on another "tough guy" is a waste. We should be using it to develop our younger players for next season
While I do agree with much of what you say here, it has to be remembered that Pelino/Reid stated we didn't have enough veteran presence and depth last season. With Cornel, Betzold, Pierog, Thompson and Maguire all on the team and playing in the bottom 6 in some capacity (perhaps Hatcher is in there too), it wouldn't be the worst thing to have another veteran there.

Whether we do it or not, I think we'll be fine. I am all for letting the younger kids play which would certainly help going forward as they would gain that valuable experience and be better for it in the coming years, but it never hurts having another veteran on the lower part of the forward depth chart. Also, if Mathers goes down to injury, it would be nice having another veteran there with those young kids who can provide a physical presence and add an element of toughness. I myself would like Sabourin because I like big, physical, tough teams and he would really help improve that in our forward ranks.

Whether it happens or not, we'll see. I do tend to agree it would be a good idea to keep the OA spot open in order to give us options throughout the season. But, given that seen em all called the Menard deal a few days ago before anyone, I wouldn't simply count him out in saying we may add Sabourin. You just never know.

All of this being said, we still have our 9th overall pick in the import draft, so we can't have too many players here or we won't have room for them all. I'm interested in seeing what Reid can do with that 9th pick whether it's dealing it or drafting a player. If we could get a good talented import to play on the 3rd line with Cornel and Betzold, that would be great too. We'll see how it all works out.

Last edited by Guerzy: 06-08-2012 at 09:34 AM.
Old
06-08-2012, 09:42 AM
seen em all

Petes 96

Quote:
Did you ever see Sabourin play,watch the game, watch the players, when you actually watch the game you can see with your own two eyes that Sabourin is in fact a right handed shooter,often times typos occur, and he will not be used as a bottom 6 , wait and see for yourself,as the Global moderator said I called it way before any one else, oh and by the way I knew about Findlay 2 weeks ago.

Old
06-08-2012, 10:14 AM
Guerzy
ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ ︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

seen em all is correct, Sabourin shoots right.

Old
06-08-2012, 10:34 AM
Petes96

Quote:
Did you ever see Sabourin play,watch the game, watch the players, when you actually watch the game you can see with your own two eyes that Sabourin is in fact a right handed shooter,often times typos occur, and he will not be used as a bottom 6 , wait and see for yourself,as the Global moderator said I called it way before any one else, oh and by the way I knew about Findlay 2 weeks ago.
well for this one I'm sorry but you are wrong. Trades are done other than possibly the import pick to London or Windsor

Old
06-08-2012, 12:17 PM
aresknights

He was right about the right hand shot

Closed Thread