HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Philadelphia Phillies (MLB): 2012 Regular Season (Finding New Ways to Lose Part 1)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-07-2012, 12:55 PM
  #726
Justified
Moderator
Amaro out
 
Justified's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 29,685
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com View Post
If Utley isn't up for the AL roadtrip, may as well call Brown up and let him DH.
JMJ is useless right now.

Justified is online now  
Old
06-07-2012, 02:59 PM
  #727
Justified
Moderator
Amaro out
 
Justified's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 29,685
vCash: 500
Good season...

Justified is online now  
Old
06-07-2012, 05:14 PM
  #728
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 12,152
vCash: 500
At this point how can Brown not be called up? Send down one of the deadbeats in the bullpen that will blow a game anyway.

__________________
"Help was not promised, lovely girl. Only death."
JDinkalage Morgoone is online now  
Old
06-07-2012, 05:42 PM
  #729
Justified
Moderator
Amaro out
 
Justified's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 29,685
vCash: 500
They should send down Mayberry, after he was sent down last year for a month he came back up and hit well. They should call up Brown sooner than later.

Justified is online now  
Old
06-07-2012, 05:43 PM
  #730
pelts35.com
Registered User
 
pelts35.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 11,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hextall89 View Post
At this point how can Brown not be called up? Send down one of the deadbeats in the bullpen that will blow a game anyway.
Given the problems at 1B I wouldn't mind seeing them call up Darin Ruf from Reading.

pelts35.com is offline  
Old
06-07-2012, 09:02 PM
  #731
SnS
Mod Supervisor
 
SnS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 12,021
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hextall89 View Post
At this point how can Brown not be called up? Send down one of the deadbeats in the bullpen that will blow a game anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justified View Post
They should send down Mayberry, after he was sent down last year for a month he came back up and hit well. They should call up Brown sooner than later.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com View Post
Given the problems at 1B I wouldn't mind seeing them call up Darin Ruf from Reading.
Honestly, I'm against the Brown hype. I don't think calling him up and watching him go 0 for 36, with 19 K's is going to help him. I'd rather him beef himself up in AAA and gain trade value and hope to be shipped out.

I don't think he can just be sent down anymore, but I'm unsure. I just don't really understand why Martinez was brought back up, that's a confusing move.

When Polanco isn't injured, Wiggington plays fine at 1B. I think it was going fine with Wiggington/Nix.

I don't really want to put our hinges and hopes on waiting for Utley and Howard. I am starting to think this season may be over.

__________________
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/nemesis15/SnS-Sig.gif

Props to Nemesis for the signature and avatar.
SnS is offline  
Old
06-08-2012, 02:03 AM
  #732
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER
 
sobrien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 6,685
vCash: 400
Charlie said postgame that the team doesn't scare anybody now, and they've lost their swagger from previous seasons. He used to be able to have a sense of opposing teams fearing the Phils, and now he can tell that no one gives a crap about playing us. Mya not seem like much, but that's huge IMO.

sobrien is offline  
Old
06-08-2012, 07:58 AM
  #733
pelts35.com
Registered User
 
pelts35.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 11,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0otnSc0re View Post
Honestly, I'm against the Brown hype. I don't think calling him up and watching him go 0 for 36, with 19 K's is going to help him. I'd rather him beef himself up in AAA and gain trade value and hope to be shipped out.

I don't think he can just be sent down anymore, but I'm unsure. I just don't really understand why Martinez was brought back up, that's a confusing move.

When Polanco isn't injured, Wiggington plays fine at 1B. I think it was going fine with Wiggington/Nix.

I don't really want to put our hinges and hopes on waiting for Utley and Howard. I am starting to think this season may be over.
I'm with you on Brown, but given the offensive woes and heading to the AL, why not?

Martinez was called up because Galvis is on the DL.

pelts35.com is offline  
Old
06-08-2012, 09:43 AM
  #734
SnS
Mod Supervisor
 
SnS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 12,021
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
Charlie said postgame that the team doesn't scare anybody now, and they've lost their swagger from previous seasons. He used to be able to have a sense of opposing teams fearing the Phils, and now he can tell that no one gives a crap about playing us. Mya not seem like much, but that's huge IMO.
The team wouldn't scare a college team right now IMO. It's really tough to watch, but as long as my mute button on Gary and Tom work, it's all good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com View Post
I'm with you on Brown, but given the offensive woes and heading to the AL, why not?

Martinez was called up because Galvis is on the DL.
I don't know -- I'm not a fan of Brown. That's been shown in past threads IIRC. I mean, it could help but it could also turn him down into one of those 0-36 slumps.

I mean they just sent Orr down the other day, why not bring him back up?

SnS is offline  
Old
06-08-2012, 03:20 PM
  #735
RussianRocket10
Registered User
 
RussianRocket10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: Brazil
Posts: 4,140
vCash: 500
Big Joe is pitching tonight.

At least the Orioles starter doesn't have good numbers, if that will mean anything who knows.

RussianRocket10 is offline  
Old
06-09-2012, 04:06 PM
  #736
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 12,152
vCash: 500
Go Phils

JDinkalage Morgoone is online now  
Old
06-09-2012, 04:09 PM
  #737
flyersguy33*
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 20,708
vCash: 500
am I watching Little League ball?

flyersguy33* is offline  
Old
06-09-2012, 04:10 PM
  #738
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 12,152
vCash: 500
Unearned runs are so posh

JDinkalage Morgoone is online now  
Old
06-09-2012, 04:12 PM
  #739
flyersguy33*
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 20,708
vCash: 500
Luna with a moon shot

flyersguy33* is offline  
Old
06-09-2012, 04:15 PM
  #740
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 12,152
vCash: 500
Say what you want about Ruben's moves this year, his minor league signings look awesome with Pierre and Luna, as well as Fontenot looking like he will pay off.

JDinkalage Morgoone is online now  
Old
06-09-2012, 04:57 PM
  #741
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 12,152
vCash: 500
I move to rename the Phillies bullpen. Bullpen just sounds way too intimidating for what they do.

JDinkalage Morgoone is online now  
Old
06-09-2012, 06:09 PM
  #742
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 12,152
vCash: 500
Great job by Rosenberg. I love when guys do well in their major league debuts.

JDinkalage Morgoone is online now  
Old
06-09-2012, 06:26 PM
  #743
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 12,152
vCash: 500
I didn't expect them to leave him in there.

JDinkalage Morgoone is online now  
Old
06-09-2012, 09:08 PM
  #744
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER
 
sobrien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 6,685
vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hextall89 View Post
Say what you want about Ruben's moves this year, his minor league signings look awesome with Pierre and Luna, as well as Fontenot looking like he will pay off.
I felt like all his minor moves were fantastic. Wigginton, Fontenot, Luna, Pierre, Nix, and I guess Thome. It's the core players who aren't performing.

sobrien is offline  
Old
06-10-2012, 12:35 AM
  #745
Justified
Moderator
Amaro out
 
Justified's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 29,685
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hextall89 View Post
Say what you want about Ruben's moves this year, his minor league signings look awesome with Pierre and Luna, as well as Fontenot looking like he will pay off.
I agree, those have been fantastic. I really like


I have had 4 issues with Ruben during his tenure and two of them will cost them dearly in the next few years

1. Trading Lee initially. They didnt have to and if they would have kept him who knows what would have happened that year (I know the Giants did beat him twice).

2. Giving Howard that contract.

3. Giving Blanton that contract

4. Extending Rollins.

Justified is online now  
Old
06-10-2012, 10:45 AM
  #746
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 12,152
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justified View Post
I agree, those have been fantastic. I really like


I have had 4 issues with Ruben during his tenure and two of them will cost them dearly in the next few years

1. Trading Lee initially. They didnt have to and if they would have kept him who knows what would have happened that year (I know the Giants did beat him twice).

2. Giving Howard that contract.

3. Giving Blanton that contract

4. Extending Rollins.
Hindsight is 20/20 on the Rollins extension. I know a lot of people were calling for him to be let go last year and not resigned, but I don't think anyone really knew that Galvis wouldn't look extremely horrible at the plate and no one knew that Jimmy would look extremely horrible at the plate.

JDinkalage Morgoone is online now  
Old
06-10-2012, 11:10 AM
  #747
Protest
C`est La Vie
 
Protest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Deptford, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 4,310
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hextall89 View Post
Hindsight is 20/20 on the Rollins extension. I know a lot of people were calling for him to be let go last year and not resigned, but I don't think anyone really knew that Galvis wouldn't look extremely horrible at the plate and no one knew that Jimmy would look extremely horrible at the plate.
Rollins is actually having a better year at the plate, it's just that Galvis' hits have lead to runs. You notice those hits more. Rollins has also accounted for more runs scored, 46 to Galvis' 38.

Protest is offline  
Old
06-10-2012, 01:05 PM
  #748
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 12,152
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest View Post
Rollins is actually having a better year at the plate, it's just that Galvis' hits have lead to runs. You notice those hits more. Rollins has also accounted for more runs scored, 46 to Galvis' 38.
I didn't mean horrible in general, just horrible compared to the Jimmy we know and the Jimmy we gave a contract to.

JDinkalage Morgoone is online now  
Old
06-10-2012, 01:41 PM
  #749
Justified
Moderator
Amaro out
 
Justified's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 29,685
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hextall89 View Post
Hindsight is 20/20 on the Rollins extension. I know a lot of people were calling for him to be let go last year and not resigned, but I don't think anyone really knew that Galvis wouldn't look extremely horrible at the plate and no one knew that Jimmy would look extremely horrible at the plate.
It wasnt hindsight for me, I wanted him gone, wanted either Theriot or some other stop gap SS for a year as Galvis wasnt ready at the plate. Though due to injury, he had to play and he has held his own batting imo. That being said, Rollins is starting to finally hit though he still will never walk and will always pop up.

Justified is online now  
Old
06-10-2012, 03:47 PM
  #750
JVR21
G
 
JVR21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 7,888
vCash: 500
The thread title has never been more accurate. This is ****ing ridiculous.

JVR21 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:50 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.