HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edm tor

Old
06-07-2012, 06:34 PM
SilverHaireDevil

vCash: 500
If Kadri and Schenn are so good why are they being traded away in almost every Leaf proposal on this board?

Almost shocked that Komisarek isn't part of this offer, oh wait that's right hes being traded for Luongo in another thread.

SilverHaireDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 06:46 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Another dud of a proposal. Instead of three pages of polite and rude replies all meaning "Hell no" this one could be merged.

I don't get it.
I don't understand how it's possible that so many people could constantly post such bland proposals.
Why is it so easy for people to forget that teams don't usually make trades if it doesn't benefit them. I don't see how this trade benefits Edmonton.

Why would Edmonton trade first overall, a superstar in Yakupov for a goalie who's be playing minutes behind two goalies currently with the club, a winger who's having a hard time cracking the NHL on the league's 5th worst team and a stay at home d-man who was a turnover machine last year.(Edmonton needs PMD, not stay at home d) Oh yeah... and a 1st rounder next year... makes no sense.

NO SENSE at all.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 06:48 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
how much longer will Kadri be in the AHL? does he have potential to become a 2nd line center?

*scratch out the goalies and make it just Colborne + Gardiner
That's still settling for a pretty low price.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 07:11 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
how much longer will Kadri be in the AHL? does he have potential to become a 2nd line center?

*scratch out the goalies and make it just Colborne + Gardiner
Colborne you must be joking, Kadri is way better then that pylon. This thread is getting sillier by the page.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 07:15 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
Another dud of a proposal. Instead of three pages of polite and rude replies all meaning "Hell no" this one could be merged.

I don't get it.
I don't understand how it's possible that so many people could constantly post such bland proposals.
Why is it so easy for people to forget that teams don't usually make trades if it doesn't benefit them. I don't see how this trade benefits Edmonton.

Why would Edmonton trade first overall, a superstar in Yakupov for a goalie who's be playing minutes behind two goalies currently with the club, a winger who's having a hard time cracking the NHL on the league's 5th worst team and a stay at home d-man who was a turnover machine last year.(Edmonton needs PMD, not stay at home d) Oh yeah... and a 1st rounder next year... makes no sense.

NO SENSE at all.
When did Yakupov become a superstar, I thought he was just a 1st overall pick. Your placing too much value on him and starting to make Oiler fans look bad.

Old
06-07-2012, 07:16 PM
oilinblood

vCash: 553
the leaf oiler trade scenarios should just end already. the oilers dont want anything from the leafs. there is not one player on that roster or in their farm system that would ever be on our radar.

Toronto does not have any assets we want and it doesnt matter anyways because we arent trading our pick. Nail will be in an oilers jersey and we will go from there. He will be in the lineup on opening night... not one of those shi^& prospects that takes twenty years to figure it out.

oilinblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 07:26 PM
Sureves

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
When did Yakupov become a superstar, I thought he was just a 1st overall pick. Your placing too much value on him and starting to make Oiler fans look bad.
Maybe not "superstar" depending on your definition of that term, but all star? It's pretty damn close to a certainty.

Go ahead, list the last 10 first overall picks. Excluding goalies (who are irrelevant to the discussion IMO, use 2nd overall in that case) exactly who isn't an Allstar who was picked that high?

With scouting and development programs at the level it is nowadays, the first overall is pretty much a lock for stardom

Sureves is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 07:28 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilinblood View Post
the leaf oiler trade scenarios should just end already. the oilers dont want anything from the leafs. there is not one player on that roster or in their farm system that would ever be on our radar.

Toronto does not have any assets we want and it doesnt matter anyways because we arent trading our pick. Nail will be in an oilers jersey and we will go from there. He will be in the lineup on opening night... not one of those shi^& prospects that takes twenty years to figure it out.
As a Oiler fan I can tell you that you could be further from the truth. If Schenn or Gardiner was offer with the 5th overall, Tambo would jump at it.

Old
06-07-2012, 07:48 PM
franfrey*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
As a Oiler fan I can tell you that you could be further from the truth. If Schenn or Gardiner was offer with the 5th overall, Tambo would jump at it.
So to what extent could he be further from the truth?

franfrey* is offline   Reply With Quote