HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

JR - Blues' Davidson weighs his job options

Old
06-07-2012, 10:08 AM
HANDZ 57
Trap = 4 letter word

vCash: 518
Hmm, that's interesting. Gotta wonder what's going on here. Why would he want to take a position with a team looking to blow everything up when the blues are on the upswing and have just opened their window of contention? Is the new management looking to go in a new direction or does JD just love a good challenge? I'm puzzled here.

HANDZ 57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 11:55 AM
The Grouch
Enraged

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HANDZ 57 View Post
Hmm, that's interesting. Gotta wonder what's going on here. Why would he want to take a position with a team looking to blow everything up when the blues are on the upswing and have just opened their window of contention? Is the new management looking to go in a new direction or does JD just love a good challenge? I'm puzzled here.

JR addresses some of those questions here...

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/hocke...9bb30f31a.html

The Grouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 12:21 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

vCash: 50
JR reported JD met with Columbus last week, not today. It's JD's choice. He has the contract in place for 2M per for three more years. A guy like him has plenty of options. He's well-respected, he told JR retirement was one of his several options meaning he doesn't need to do a job for the $$.

I agree with those who don't want Hull making substantive decisions. As far as we've heard at this point, that wouldn't be the case. If it's Armstrong and MacInnis as the two main guys making hockey decisions I'm good with that.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 12:59 PM
STL fan in IA

I'm sure JD has met with quite a few teams during his 30 day window. It's just that someone leaked the news that he talked with Columbus but I'm sure he met with others as well. He also indicated that he might go back into broadcasting as well. Whatever he does, I wish him the best of luck.

If Hull's hired it's been said that he'll be more in a sales role, not in hockey ops. JR indicated a while ago that if JD leaves, it'll be Army and MacInnis in charge of hockey ops.

STL fan in IA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 01:59 PM
Boyesfan

If JD goes back in to broadcasting can we have him here

Boyesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 02:20 PM
TheOrganist
Don't Call Him Alex

JD has a choice to shop his services aroud but he's doing that b/c he doesn't have a choice in the Blues electing to get rid of bloated salary.

I'm sure he wants to stay. He's built this thing from the ground up and the organization is finally the on the verge of doing some big things after some long, trying years.

Unfortunately, he's going to make roughly $6 million over the next three years and ownership has cited organizational overhead as being a key area in which the team can save money.

Nothing personal, just business...as JD alluded to in that article a week or two back.

I think the writing is clearly on the wall with JD and the Blues and he knows it.

As for Hull, I've heard through the grapevine that his $$ demands are the hold up in that deal being completed as well.

TheOrganist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 06:56 PM
Multimoodia
Sicker Than Usual

vCash: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOrganist View Post
As for Hull, I've heard through the grapevine that his $$ demands are the hold up in that deal being completed as well.
Likely because Brett is broke...again.

Multimoodia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 07:41 PM
Guy Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOrganist View Post
I heard he's still demanding a no trade clause.

Guy Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 08:10 PM
BlueBeard

Is this 30 day window exclusively for JD to look around or can Stillman negate JD's deal during this window as well?

BlueBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 10:32 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPaste View Post
JR just tweeted that JD is meeting with the Blue Jackets today for an executive position.
They could sure use his help.

2 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 11:01 PM
ChicagoBlues

That's exactly the attitude that I've adopted.

@ HANDZ 57:

It's just business dude. JD has the power and the contractual right to explore and he is doing that.

ChicagoBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 11:38 AM
stlweir

I find it interesting that Checketts signed Davidson to a three year $6MM contract. On one hand he took care of Davidson for his loyalty and the success and stability he has brought the organiztion but on the other hand I would think that the contract would make it more difficult to sell the team. I don't no what presidents around the league make but $2MM for a franchise like the Blues that is losing money is a lot of dough, ray, me.

stlweir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 10:59 AM
JustOneB4IDie
Everyone Overpayment

Hmmmmm, there has been no news on JD departure in a couple of weeks he's still here...

JustOneB4IDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 08:15 PM
MadDog6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBeard View Post
Is this 30 day window exclusively for JD to look around or can Stillman negate JD's deal during this window as well?
Its not like he's a player so his contract isn't covered by the CBA. As long as both parties agree to the renegotiation, they can do it.

MadDog6 is offline   Reply With Quote