HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Therrien is new Habs coach

Old
06-07-2012, 04:26 PM
habsfanatics

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post
Not that I want to explore revisionist history, but it's really upsetting knowing we could've had Boucher or Muller as head coaches, but we slept on both. Now we have this team of retread clowns behind the bench. It's disappointing, because I know Boucher is probably going to get fired this year (3rd year coaches often get fired? Unless he takes them to the post season.), and we're going to be too busy with Therrien to snatch him up. Oh well, I guess I can live.
I don't find this even a little bit upsetting. Are you easily upset? There was no chance that Boucher could get a job with us. We just came from the ECF with JM, no GM is going to fire a coach who got much further than the on ice roster should of allowed. I don't think JM had much to do with it, but the perception is everything.

I don't think Boucher is a great coach anyways.

habsfanatics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 05:01 PM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I think Carbo makes a good assistant, the only problem I have is both Therrien and Carbo are terrible 5 on 5 coaches. We better have the best special teams in the league with those two.
Oh please. You think that had nothing to do with the players at their disposal? What BS! I'll wait to see how they do with an actual good, smart team.

HankyZetts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 05:05 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi2teD View Post
Oh please. You think that had nothing to do with the players at their disposal? What BS! I'll wait to see how they do with an actual good, smart team.
Therrien had the freaking Malkin/Crosby Penguins and they were terrible 5-on-5. They survived on goalies having a hot year. Then Bylsma shows up and suddenly they're a juggernaut.

As for Carbo, he had the talent, he just thought Kostopoulos was deserving of as much 5-on-5 icetime as Alex Tanguay.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 05:09 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

I relly like the idea of Doug Gilmour assisting Therrien

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 05:29 PM
Bieber fever

pathetic singing.

Except for Dudley ( witch was ok ) Bergevin has made nothing but bad moves.This it was you get when you hire an uneducated person to run a big organization.I hope Moslon will enjoy having the most expensive front office in the league filled with Bergevin and his buddys.

Bieber fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 05:37 PM
impudent_lowlife

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
Therrien had the freaking Malkin/Crosby Penguins and they were terrible 5-on-5. They survived on goalies having a hot year. Then Bylsma shows up and suddenly they're a juggernaut.

As for Carbo, he had the talent, he just thought Kostopoulos was deserving of as much 5-on-5 icetime as Alex Tanguay.
Reason and logic have no place here.

impudent_lowlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 07:33 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Should I warn the rest of halifax before you go around wrecking ****?
I'm hiding in the 'burbs right now!

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 07:33 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Not bad.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 07:36 PM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

Quote:
I dig

McSorleyStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 07:40 PM
habitue*

Reading the bashing and hating posts on this board towards Therrien makes me think that you guys should go out on the Montreal streets EVERY night and bang your pots and pans until Therrien is fired....

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 07:57 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Yes because Shero didn't trade for Hossa the year Therrien was there. Love the non sense
Sure he got Hossa. But when Therrien was in the do do, they fired him and then got players to improve the team(something Therrien must have hoped for) and Gonchar came back from injury.

Quote:
So in your opinion Cunneyworth is a good coach but Therrien will get the better of it because his GM will help him out more than the help Cunney got from that moron Gauthier
Well it can't hurt to not have Goat.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 08:21 PM
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1340
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfanatics View Post
I don't find this even a little bit upsetting. Are you easily upset? There was no chance that Boucher could get a job with us. We just came from the ECF with JM, no GM is going to fire a coach who got much further than the on ice roster should of allowed. I don't think JM had much to do with it, but the perception is everything.

I don't think Boucher is a great coach anyways.
Obviously they wouldn't have fired JM, and it's not like I would have fired him put in that place. But this organization's bred two very good coaches in the last 3-4 years, and we're stuck with two retreads.

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 08:23 PM
Et le But

Quote:
I wouldn't mind that at all.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 08:44 PM
FF de Mars

Therrien said a year ago that he fought with Shero to have Staal on his roster, when Staal was 17. I wonder if Therrien will feel the same, with our 3rd overall.

FF de Mars is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 08:50 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Gill played for Therrien. Did anyone interview him yet? I'm sure he has opinions.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 08:55 PM
BigHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars View Post
Therrien said a year ago that he fought with Shero to have Staal on his roster, when Staal was 17. I wonder if Therrien will feel the same, with our 3rd overall.
All the better for us to go get Staal!

BigHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 09:07 PM
FF de Mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Hotel View Post
All the better for us to go get Staal!
I'd rather have Galchenyuk. If Roy was the coach, I'd want Grigorenko. But realistically, I can't see Therrien working with Grigo. Staal is a soon to be UFA. And even Forsberg has more offensive potential than Staal. Galchenyuk has elite upside. And Therrien would love the hell out of him. Both "Mike" and "Gally" are pittbulls. It's a match made in heaven.

Old
06-07-2012, 09:10 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars View Post
I'd rather have Galchenyuk. If Roy was the coach, I'd want Grigorenko. But realistically, I can't see Therrien working with Grigo. Staal is a soon to be UFA. And even Forsberg has more offensive potential than Staal. Galchenyuk has a very high upside.
"Potential" doesn't mean he's gonna deliver.

Staal is 24 and a real, tall big two-way centerman, proven NHL player.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 09:27 PM
FF de Mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
"Potential" doesn't mean he's gonna deliver.

Staal is 24 and a real, tall big two-way centerman, proven NHL player.
What this team needs is a first line center. We already have a proven two-way centerman in Plekanec.

About Forsberg, I'd rather Galchenyuk, but he has Bobby Ryan potential. I'd rather have Ryan than Staal, if Timmins is sold.

Old
06-07-2012, 10:15 PM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

Quote:

Penguins were a very good team under Therrien. You don't think the Penguins shifting gears had something to do with getting Gonchar back? How about getting Kunitz, Guerin and Adams and losing -15 Ryan Whitney? Look past the stats man.. It's not all about the numbers, there are too many variables in the game of humans.

Carbo was an incredible special teams coach with us already so I'm not worried about him if he comes. We need a very good D coach though!

HankyZetts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 11:42 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
"Praise" is a huge stretch, and the two players in question are former captains of his teams, so I don't know that their relationship with the coach is necessarily comparable to, nor representative of, that with the other 21 players on either roster. Gilmour says that most of the Habs back in '01/02 liked him, which is fine, but given the negative comments made anonymously (and not) by others, I'm not willing to take the "good" you're selling without at least an equal amount of the "bad" that I know is there.
I couldn't help but notice that you've been going through great lengths to trump whatever positive anyone, members, former players, current players, have brought positive about Therrien. I'm not sure why, but unless you're in bed with Mathman, it comes across as sour grapes.

Seriously, Therrien isn't my man either but with Bergevin and his team at the helm, with the time they took to conduct interviews, combined with the comments we've been reading from former players of his, I find that the guy deserves at the very least a chance to show what he can or cannot do before jumping at his throat.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 11:56 PM
SuperUnknown

Quote:

Fleury had 2.83 avg and .906 sv %, sounds like surviving on a hot year of goaltending.

SuperUnknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 12:57 AM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperUnknown View Post
Fleury had 2.83 avg and .906 sv %, sounds like surviving on a hot year of goaltending.

good point sir, right in the jaw.

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 01:03 AM
THE HOFF

Quote:

thats one thing I don't mind at all, and I agree with you most of the time. If ryan white deserves more icetime than lars eller, im willing to throw him on the 4th and play white top 6 minutes. every night is different, but you DO need 4 lines. take out NJ's 4th line and they are NOT in the stanley cup final...same with a majority of finalists in the last few years.

Old
06-08-2012, 01:07 AM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi2teD View Post
Penguins were a very good team under Therrien. You don't think the Penguins shifting gears had something to do with getting Gonchar back? How about getting Kunitz, Guerin and Adams and losing -15 Ryan Whitney? Look past the stats man.. It's not all about the numbers, there are too many variables in the game of humans.

Carbo was an incredible special teams coach with us already so I'm not worried about him if he comes. We need a very good D coach though!
solid post. Cant understand why some ppl are going overboard bashing carbo. .

Last edited by THE HOFF: 06-08-2012 at 01:37 AM.