HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > Mock Drafts
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Mock Drafts Mock drafts for fun and fantasy here.

RWatson29's Mock Draft

Old
06-06-2012, 09:44 AM
RWatson29

vCash: 500
RWatson29's Mock Draft

1.) Edmonton Oilers- Nail Yakupov - Yakupov is going #1, even if the pick is traded.
2.) Columbus Blue Jackets- Alex Galchenyuk - I think Galchenyuk could potentially be the best player in the draft down the road.
3.) Montreal Canadiens- Filip Forsberg - I think Montreal would take Forsberg based on the fact that they already have alot of centers.
4.) New York Islanders- Ryan Murray - Islanders will add this guy to already impressive list of young defensemen. (Hamonic, De Haan, Donovan)
5.) Toronto Maple Leafs- Mikhail Grigorenko - Leafs need a big body C.
6.) Anaheim Ducks- Matt Dumba - Anaheim will add another D prospect. Dumba will either be a hit or miss.
7.) Minnesota Wild- Jacob Trouba - Wild type prosect.
8.) Carolina Hurricanes- Radek Faska - Rutherford loves Kitchener Rangers, if they don't select Faska, i think they will take Teravainen because he also loves fins.
9.) Winnipeg Jets- Morgan Rielly - With a bunch of forward prospects in the pipeline it's time for the Jets to take another defenseman.
10.) Tampa Bay Lightning- Griffin Reinhart - Tbay needs to get better defensively, so i'm almost 99% sure they will take a defenseman.
11.) Washington Capitals- Teuvo Teravainen - I think the Caps take either Teravainen or Collberg. Both outside type players with great shots.
12.) Buffalo Sabres- Zemgus Girgensons - Buffalo needs another big bodied skill type of guy and Girgensons fits the bill.
13.) Dallas Stars- Cody Ceci - I can see Ceci, and Maata going back to back in the draft to Dallas/Calgary. The order they go in is a coin toss though.
14.) Calgary Flames- Olli Maata - ^
15.) Ottawa Senators- Sebastian Collberg - The Sens will most likely take another speedy winger, and Collberg would be a great addition if hes still on the board.
16.) Washington Capitals- Slater Koekkoek - Great two way defenseman. Washington can get a top forward and defenseman out of the first round.
17.) San Jose Sharks- Brendan Gaunce - San Jose likes the big bodys and this guy is no exception.
18.) Chicago Blackhawks- Matt Finn - I have no idea why so many people don't see Matt Finn going in the first round, but the guy has so much skill and I think he will be a bonified 1st round pick.
19.) Tampa Bay Lightning- Hampus Lindholm - Lightning will probably just take the best player on the board.
20.) Philadelphia Flyers- Brady Skjei - Philly will start the rebuild the blue line. This guy will take a while to develop.
21.) Buffalo Sabres- Colton Scissons - Okay this may be bias, but whatever. I want to see Scissons in the Sabres uniform because the kid is a beast. Has so much heart and will do whatever it takes to win.
22.) Pittsburgh Penguins- Tom Wilson - Penguins need a big bodied guy. I don't see them taking a defenseman because they already have a sick trio in the pipeline. (Despres, Morrow, Harrington)
23.) Florida Panthers- Tomas Hertl - Florida likes the speedy smaller guys. I think he would fit right in the Panthers organization.
24.) Boston Bruins- Dalton Thrower - The name is just screaming Boston Bruins. They will add another defenseman.
25.) St. Louis Blues- Stefan Matteau - I think the Blues will take another character guy in this draft.
26.) Vancouver Canucks- Scott Laughton - Canucks will love if this two-way forward is still on the board. His potential is hit and miss though. Ceiling is Mike Richards, bottom is unknown.
27.) Phoenix Coyotes- Pontus Aberg - Not looking for the Coyotes to go off the board too much, Aberg would be a great fit.
28.) New York Rangers- Nicholis Krediles - NYR Prospect for sure! NYR love the NCAA Prospects. Krediles would be an awesome pick up for the already stacked NYR pipeline.
29.) New Jersey Devils- Forfeit
30.) LA Kings- Derrick Pouliot - LA will take the best available player left on the board at the time.

DONT BE TOO HARSH ON ME

Last edited by RWatson29: 06-06-2012 at 10:33 AM.
RWatson29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 10:11 AM
AcrossThePond

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWatson29 View Post

8.) Carolina Hurricanes- Radek Faska - Rutherford loves Kitchener Rangers, and fins.

DONT BE TOO HARSH ON ME
Where I agree with a lot of this and for some reason, I also see Carolina selecting Faska, but he is Czech

AcrossThePond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 10:31 AM
RWatson29

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcrossThePond View Post
Where I agree with a lot of this and for some reason, I also see Carolina selecting Faska, but he is Czech
oops yeah i meant to say its either faska or teuvo because he also loves fins~

RWatson29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 11:08 AM
AcrossThePond

Quote:
oops yeah i meant to say its either faska or teuvo because he also loves fins~
Haha, no worries

AcrossThePond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 01:03 PM
chunkbox

nice ! would love to see round 2 lol

chunkbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 01:26 PM
yoteshot

Hertl is far from being a smaller speedy guy, but other than that, good job overall

yoteshot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 02:41 PM
PRNuck
Retain Kevin Lowe

I'm not sure Mike Gillis could resist Pontus Aberg there if he's available. The man loves him some Swedes.

PRNuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 03:51 PM
NH57
Habs 4 Life

Quote:
1.)
2.) Columbus Blue Jackets- Alex Galchenyuk - I think Galchenyuk could potentially be the best player in the draft down the road.
I don't see Columbus taking a forward at pick 2, but if they do, I think it will probably be Forsberg.

NH57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 06:43 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Habs may have a lot of centres, but they're only number 2, or in Plekanec's case, a 1b.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 07:26 PM
Dr John Carlson
Emotional Boys 2001

vCash: 50
Draft where Caps don't get a center(preferrably Faksa/Gaunce) is not one i'd be happy with.

Dr John Carlson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 08:01 PM
Peter78

yea good mock draft, good job

Twiz

Peter78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 08:12 PM
Westcoasthabsfan

Malcolm Subban will be drafted in round one....

Westcoasthabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 09:12 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcoasthabsfan View Post
Malcolm Subban will be drafted in round one....
I wouldn't be sure of that. Goalies are the toughest players to project/predict the development of. I doubt there are many teams that would gamble a first round pick on a goalie.

For instance: Ryan Miller (for all his ups and downs, still unquestionably an NHL starting goalie, arguably one of the best in the game when he's at his best) was taken in the 5th round of the 1999 draft. 16 goalies were taken ahead of him that year, only 3 of which have seen significant time in the NHL, the most notable of which is Craig Anderson (77th overall by Calgary).

I think most GMs in the league like the odds of drafting a forward or D better.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 09:24 PM
CaptPantalones

Good from a Sabres POV

CaptPantalones is offline   Reply With Quote