HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

SCF Gm#4, 6/6/12: KINGS lose 3-1 to DEVILS, Devils live to fight another day ...

Closed Thread

Old
06-07-2012, 01:25 PM
dogyekcoh*

vCash: 500
Mitchell is hurts???

I was seating behind the Kings bench. Within the first few shifts in the first. I saw Mitchell was Wincing in pain and tried to shake it off at the players exit behind the bench. He didn't play too well after that and evidently he was out there for all 3 goals against.
Does anyone here know what happened?

Old
06-07-2012, 01:25 PM
niomosy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sueroe View Post
It would have been so nice for the win to happen at home last night but tons of other teams have to go back on the road to get the win.

It has been ridiculous how well this team has played in playoffs. How many teams have swept the final series of the playoffs? 1 or 2 in 50 years or so? Not sure on that, I just don't remember it happening.

They are still playing well, and maybe the nerves got to a few of them. Lets just regroup and go for the win Saturday.
At times it seemed like they were rushing to win. When you rush things, steps can get missed. If they can keep their steady and solid play going, they should be fine. They just need to keep their defense up.

Old
06-07-2012, 01:40 PM
Dave33
Still smiling

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogyekcoh View Post
I was seating behind the Kings bench. Within the first few shifts in the first. I saw Mitchell was Wincing in pain and tried to shake it off at the players exit behind the bench. He didn't play too well after that and evidently he was out there for all 3 goals against.
Does anyone here know what happened?
I didn't notice that, but I was complaining about him being brutal this entire series. Not sure what's up with him, but he's not looked like the Mitchell we saw all year.

Old
06-07-2012, 02:20 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

All our D-men besides Drew seem rushed this series. Even guys like Scuds and Mitchell are turning a rare amount of pucks over. A lot of it has to do with the Devils fore check, but injuries could be an issue. No excuses though, they gotta play better for the Kings to win. Devils are gonna give another good effort in game 5 as they won't want to go out on home ice. I feel like Quick will have to steal the game for the Kings to win.

Old
06-07-2012, 02:32 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAkings20 View Post
All our D-men besides Drew seem rushed this series. Even guys like Scuds and Mitchell are turning a rare amount of pucks over. A lot of it has to do with the Devils fore check, but injuries could be an issue. No excuses though, they gotta play better for the Kings to win. Devils are gonna give another good effort in game 5 as they won't want to go out on home ice. I feel like Quick will have to steal the game for the Kings to win.
Martinez has been a rock, whenever that pairing makes a mistake (which they rarely do at the moment) it always seems to be Greene and Martinez covers for him. Good example would be Greene leading a breakout in game 2 by rushing the puck out from behind his own net and then falling at the Kings blue line

Old
06-07-2012, 02:43 PM
pRisly

Here are pictures from watchparty in Kopitar's home town. This time there were 1200 fans in the middle of week i can't imagie how many people are going to be there on Saturday.
http://www.siol.net/data/fotogalerij...poraz_lak.aspx

And here some more:

http://www.rtvslo.si/sport/hokej/kra...renjsko/284784

Old
06-07-2012, 02:47 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post
Martinez has been a rock, whenever that pairing makes a mistake (which they rarely do at the moment) it always seems to be Greene and Martinez covers for him. Good example would be Greene leading a breakout in game 2 by rushing the puck out from behind his own net and then falling at the Kings blue line
Martinez has been ****ing awesome these entire playoffs. His contribution, especially on the defensive side of things has gone sorely overlooked.

Same thing with trevor lewis. Does anyone realize the guy is 2nd on the team among forwards in hits?

Old
06-07-2012, 02:53 PM
Dawdler
Pearson for Calder!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillinnap View Post
Get this blonde out of here!!! Redhead is our good luck charm, not blonde!

yup Redhead > Blonde and it looks like all the blonde wanted was to be more of an attention *****, then she already is Link, the Redhead seemed a lot classier and natural.

Old
06-07-2012, 03:23 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Definitely Martinez and Doughty have been the two best defenseman in this series but we wouldn't be here without Mitchell, Greene, Scuderi and Voynov

Old
06-07-2012, 03:24 PM
Pucknut50

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAkings20 View Post
It's called aggressive fore-checking. Problem with this type of fore checking is it causes out numbered attacks the other way and when we get those chances we need to make them pay.

Old
06-07-2012, 03:29 PM
varanger94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawdler View Post
yup Redhead > Blonde and it looks like all the blonde wanted was to be more of an attention *****, then she already is Link, the Redhead seemed a lot classier and natural.
Ranger fan here. I took that pic off the scene also. I added text.
Beat them on the road!

[IMG][/IMG]

Old
06-07-2012, 03:32 PM
dogyekcoh*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave33 View Post
I didn't notice that, but I was complaining about him being brutal this entire series. Not sure what's up with him, but he's not looked like the Mitchell we saw all year.
Currently, I am not allow to post any pictures/attachment. Otherwise, I have got some pictures of Mitchell talking to the trainer and tried to shake it off.

Old
06-07-2012, 03:35 PM
Boba Fettuccine
Pastafarian

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogyekcoh View Post
Currently, I am not allow to post any pictures/attachment. Otherwise, I have got some pictures of Mitchell talking to the trainer and tried to shake it off.
Go to photobucket com

Create an account, upload the pictures, you can them post them here with the [img] tags

Old
06-07-2012, 03:59 PM
Dave33
Still smiling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
Go to photobucket com

Create an account, upload the pictures, you can them post them here with the [img] tags
I think he meant because of infractions, he no longer has an avatar

Old
06-07-2012, 05:01 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave33 View Post
I have been noticing that lately he isn't trying to pinch or stand up at the opponent's blue line at all.

Old
06-07-2012, 05:07 PM
yankeeking

I blame the loss on so many people talking like we had already the one the damn thing and pissing off the hockey gods, somewhere along the last week we turned into canuck fan lite and we got humbled in our own building but not by jersey but by the gods, hell that first post we hit went off the inside of it, no way thaty happens in earlier rounds. Hell 570 has a commercial introducing us as stanley cup champs, bad bad karma, saught of like having vic the brick at games, heres to all of us going back to our little good karma rituals and getting the cup there or here matters not where....... if we can't win one out of four its freaking 1993 again and I am not sure I can take it again

Old
06-07-2012, 05:32 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
It's one loss people. Relax. It would have been awesome to win at home, but did anyone really think the Kings would sweep the final? Is anyone really going to be upset if they win the cup on the road?

If they lose game 5, then we have a series, but the Kings still have 3 games to win 1. NJ has to win all 3. One bad bounce in any game can end their season.

Old
06-07-2012, 05:40 PM
Vamos Rafa
ADT = GH

This waiting is really killing me!

Old
06-07-2012, 05:44 PM
sueroe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
Definitely Martinez and Doughty have been the two best defenseman in this series but we wouldn't be here without Mitchell, Greene, Scuderi and Voynov
Mitchell and Greene are a huge factor in the success of our pk. A few games back they both logged at least 6 minutes a piece short handed. Mitchell has some rough times last game, but sometimes I think their outstanding contribution might get overshadowed by the likes of Doughty. Don't get me wrong Doughty has just looked spectacular in the playoffs.

Old
06-07-2012, 06:13 PM
Richie10

Doughty, Martinez, and Greene have been our best defensemen this series, in that order.

Mitchell and Scuderi are clearly nursing injuries. Voynov has shown typical nerves for a rookie, but improved after they subsided in previous series. He'll have a bounce back game.

When Mitchell is too injured to cover for Voynov, we see results like last night.

Old
06-07-2012, 06:16 PM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

Hopefully Mitchell can heal up enough before Game 5 so he can get back to the level his was playing at earlier in the Playoffs.

Old
06-07-2012, 06:55 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
I've noticed that Scuderi won't even raise his arms for goals and wins. He's gotta have a shoulder injury.

Old
06-07-2012, 07:06 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
I have been noticing that lately he isn't trying to pinch or stand up at the opponent's blue line at all.
its a tactic, the Kings dman are all not pinching as often as they did in other series. They are making sure they aren't beat in transition knowing that the Devils will have trouble scoring if they do that. The Kings are also relying more on scoring on the rush/in transition than playing a possession game, and its put them up 3-1 so i aint complaining

Old
06-07-2012, 07:55 PM
King RAZZ
Los Cucarachas

I blame that stupid tourist doing that presidential fund raiser in Beverly Hills...

Old
06-07-2012, 09:25 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Oh how I love Darryl Sutter quotes, they're short and sweet and to the point.

(on his Game 4 impressions…)
SUTTER: “Played better in Game 4 than we did in Game 2. Differences (were) missed opportunities and Brodeur’s play last night.”

(on having the same mentality going forward…)
SUTTER: “Go play on the road. No big deal.”

(on what he will be looking for in Game 5…)
SUTTER: “Continue to play the way we’re playing. That’s why you play series. Unfortunately, we have some spoiled people that think that everyone wins 16 in a row or something. A little confusing to me.”

http://lakingsinsider.com/2012/06/07...quotes-june-7/

Closed Thread