HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

SCF Gm#4, 6/6/12: KINGS lose 3-1 to DEVILS, Devils live to fight another day ...

Closed Thread

Old
06-07-2012, 09:28 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave33 View Post
I think he meant because of infractions, he no longer has an avatar
He can post photos. He can't upload. I've been there too.

Old
06-07-2012, 10:23 PM
Vamos Rafa
¡Vamos!

vCash: 500
Did anyone else think of recording yourself in case the Kings won last night? I had my Sony Bloggie ready until ****ing Henrique scored the game-winner.

Old
06-07-2012, 10:33 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillinnap View Post
Did anyone else think of recording yourself in case the Kings won last night? I had my Sony Bloggie ready until ****ing Henrique scored the game-winner.
I don't need video of myself crying like a little girl with a skinned knee

Old
06-07-2012, 10:56 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

god no, that video would be 5 seconds of elation, 5 minutes of crying uncontrollably

Old
06-07-2012, 11:22 PM
niomosy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post
god no, that video would be 5 seconds of elation, 5 minutes of crying uncontrollably
Add in my wife making comments about my current emotional state, and that's probably my recording as well.

We can just get Ventrillo or Teamspeak or something and all conference up for the game, then listen to each other cheer and cry

Old
06-07-2012, 11:44 PM
Scottkmlps

Playing in New Jersey away form the 'spotlight' and 'hoopla' of winning it at home? Yeah, this one ends Saturday.
In my opinion, the Kings could've won that game. 2 posts, a puck that went just wide of Brown after a Brodeur gaff, and a puck that went just wide on a Lewis breakaway, although I still don't know why he didn't put the puck over a sprawled out Brodeur. The bounces just didn't go their way. That happens in a 7 game series.
I told every person I work with. If the Kings win game 1, they win in 5 or less games. If they lose the first game, they win in 6 games. Funny how the media now seems to be acting like the Kings are the team that is down 3-1 all because they didn't sweep the Devils.

Last edited by Scottkmlps: 06-07-2012 at 11:53 PM.
Old
06-07-2012, 11:48 PM
alpa
Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Oh how I love Darryl Sutter quotes, they're short and sweet and to the point.

(on his Game 4 impressions…)
SUTTER: “Played better in Game 4 than we did in Game 2. Differences (were) missed opportunities and Brodeur’s play last night.”

(on having the same mentality going forward…)
SUTTER: “Go play on the road. No big deal.”

(on what he will be looking for in Game 5…)
SUTTER: “Continue to play the way we’re playing. That’s why you play series. Unfortunately, we have some spoiled people that think that everyone wins 16 in a row or something. A little confusing to me.”

http://lakingsinsider.com/2012/06/07...quotes-june-7/
HA! (Slam hand on table) Awesome

Last edited by alpa: 06-08-2012 at 12:18 AM.
Old
06-08-2012, 12:10 AM
SLang

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
I don't need video of myself crying like a little girl with a skinned knee
So true

Old
06-08-2012, 12:18 AM
SouthernJ
Rookie User

I was at the Gladiators Viewing Party for the game, wearing my hat as I do, and had it turned around backwards after Jersey's first goal - mostly so I could watch the game. I think the owner of the team-GM-somethingWAYofficial asked if I had been a Kings fan for long. My response, "Well, I've only watched the sport for 3 months, so yeah!" Sad they didn't win, but I've noticed they're great on the road, too, so maybe for them that's the motivation needed. I was sitting with a bunch of Jersey people, as I do apparently.

Old
06-08-2012, 12:21 AM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Old
06-08-2012, 12:23 AM
Alisa
Quickie fangirl

^ Love it. Want one. Badly.

Old
06-08-2012, 12:26 AM
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post
Do want

Old
06-08-2012, 12:43 AM
niomosy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottkmlps View Post
Playing in New Jersey away form the 'spotlight' and 'hoopla' of winning it at home? Yeah, this one ends Saturday.
In my opinion, the Kings could've won that game. 2 posts, a puck that went just wide of Brown after a Brodeur gaff, and a puck that went just wide on a Lewis breakaway, although I still don't know why he didn't put the puck over a sprawled out Brodeur. The bounces just didn't go their way. That happens in a 7 game series.
I told every person I work with. If the Kings win game 1, they win in 5 or less games. If they lose the first game, they win in 6 games. Funny how the media now seems to be acting like the Kings are the team that is down 3-1 all because they didn't sweep the Devils.
It's amazing what going up 3-0 will do to people. I think that situation really locked people into the sweep. The media bought it completely. L.A. sports radio were talking about game 4 almost as if the win was already in the bag. It seems a lot of people forgot how hard sweeps are to close out.

Psychologically, a lot of people seem to take 3-1 harder if it's a loss at 3-0 rather than a win at 2-1. Had the Kings lost any earlier game, being 3-1 right now would probably seem better to many since the Kings already overcame the loss.

Old
06-08-2012, 01:12 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Hate having to wait till Saturday for the next game, but it's for the best for the Kings to have two days off to refresh, regroup and refocus. Not that they have to change anything about how they played, they just need better execution.

And with Miami beating Boston today in Game 6, the NHL is probably going to take a big hit in the ratings. The Miami/Boston Game 7 is on at 5:30. That's some unfortunate scheduling for the league.

Old
06-08-2012, 01:22 AM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
^ Love it. Want one. Badly.
Never bought anything from this site before, but here is the link.

http://skreened.com/cmdfx/keep-calm-and-be-quick

Old
06-08-2012, 03:58 AM
Alisa
Quickie fangirl

Quote:
Never bought anything from this site before, but here is the link.

http://skreened.com/cmdfx/keep-calm-and-be-quick
Thanks!

Old
06-08-2012, 05:06 AM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by niomosy View Post
It's amazing what going up 3-0 will do to people. I think that situation really locked people into the sweep. The media bought it completely. L.A. sports radio were talking about game 4 almost as if the win was already in the bag. It seems a lot of people forgot how hard sweeps are to close out.

Psychologically, a lot of people seem to take 3-1 harder if it's a loss at 3-0 rather than a win at 2-1. Had the Kings lost any earlier game, being 3-1 right now would probably seem better to many since the Kings already overcame the loss.
I think it's the way game 3 went. It was, more or less, a blow out. The Devils players looked like they were going to get on the plane and go home early the way they came off the ice, but to their credit they rallied big in game 4. It's a momentum thing. Notice nobody really talks about games 1 or 2, right? Close games. Everyone admits those were a wash and could have gone either way. Game 3 was supposed to set a tone. Game 4 reset it back to game 2 feelings(confident, but worried).

Old
06-08-2012, 06:54 AM
likid

There will be no public viewing in Hrusica, Slovenia for SCF games left.

Problem is that it was planned to be local public viewing with max. 300 - 400 people watching but at game 4 there were cca. 1.500 people. And for Saturdays match it was expected to be more than 3.000 people there.

But problem is that there is not enough place for everybody and second when you expect such a large crowd, you must organise it totaly differently which bring many more costs for security and everything else that is needed at organisation of big event. But because this was organised by enthusiastic fans the don't have money to organise it that big.

It's a shame, I'm sure there would be a lot of good videos and photos from that public viewing, especially if Kings would win on Saturday. So there will be no public viewing in Slovenia anymore for SCF (if something wont happened in next 24 hours).

Old
06-08-2012, 09:36 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Hate having to wait till Saturday for the next game, but it's for the best for the Kings to have two days off to refresh, regroup and refocus. Not that they have to change anything about how they played, they just need better execution.

And with Miami beating Boston today in Game 6, the NHL is probably going to take a big hit in the ratings. The Miami/Boston Game 7 is on at 5:30. That's some unfortunate scheduling for the league.
NHL really missed an opportunity by not playing tonight, is there a concert at the Rock tonight? Kings could win the cup Saturday and nobody outside of LA/NJ will see it. Not a good way to "grow" the sport by going against the NBA.

Old
06-08-2012, 09:42 AM
jml87

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post
I think it's the way game 3 went. It was, more or less, a blow out. The Devils players looked like they were going to get on the plane and go home early the way they came off the ice, but to their credit they rallied big in game 4. It's a momentum thing. Notice nobody really talks about games 1 or 2, right? Close games. Everyone admits those were a wash and could have gone either way. Game 3 was supposed to set a tone. Game 4 reset it back to game 2 feelings(confident, but worried).
I think that proves the whole momentum thing is stupid. Game 3 the Kings walked all over the Devils, so they should have all the momentum right? Nope, Devils win Game 4. So now the Devils have the momentum? That's just silly to me. You go out every game with a clean slate and you create your own momentum.

You start worrying about momentum and luck and the series as a whole, you're gonna get burned. Luckily, Sutter seems to get it. There's no difference between game 1 and game 4 unless you get it in your head that it is. Both games you should be playing to win with the same fire and same effort. Just some games the puck doesn't bounce your way. Game 5 is a clean slate, the score starts 0-0. Just play the game that won them 15 games and they will win game 16.

Old
06-08-2012, 10:32 AM
Dave33
Still smiling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
He can post photos. He can't upload. I've been there too.
Ah, my mistake.

Regarding momentum, I'm not worried about it. We've seen in prior rounds that losing game 4 hasn't meant much in terms of how the Kings perform in game 5.

Old
06-08-2012, 10:39 AM
TonySCV
One More Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by jml87 View Post
I think that proves the whole momentum thing is stupid. Game 3 the Kings walked all over the Devils, so they should have all the momentum right? Nope, Devils win Game 4. So now the Devils have the momentum? That's just silly to me. You go out every game with a clean slate and you create your own momentum.
That's right, and save for game 3, it's been basically a coin flip who wins every time.

Game 1 - coin flip
Game 2 - coin flip
Game 3 - Kings
Game 4 - coin flip

So far it's trending favorably for the Kings. The Devils may have a game left in them where they dominate. If so, then it's up to the Kings to either dominate in one additional game, or win another coin flip.

It's a battle of attrition and both teams are pretty banged up. The Devils have played a full series more than the Kings and the Kings are more used to the travel - all of which bodes well for the Kings.

- T

Old
06-08-2012, 11:33 AM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
NHL really missed an opportunity by not playing tonight, is there a concert at the Rock tonight? Kings could win the cup Saturday and nobody outside of LA/NJ will see it. Not a good way to "grow" the sport by going against the NBA.
Some guy named Roberto Carlos is at the Rock tonight

Old
06-08-2012, 11:38 AM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by jml87 View Post

You start worrying about momentum and luck and the series as a whole, you're gonna get burned. Luckily, Sutter seems to get it. There's no difference between game 1 and game 4 unless you get it in your head that it is. Both games you should be playing to win with the same fire and same effort. Just some games the puck doesn't bounce your way. Game 5 is a clean slate, the score starts 0-0. Just play the game that won them 15 games and they will win game 16.
You're describing exactly how the Kings approach each game anyway. Every game is its own entity. Sutter does this too. He never addresses streaks or the series as a whole. All he talks about is the game at hand and the next game to come.

Old
06-08-2012, 11:49 AM
SLang

Quote:
Where's the "buy it now" button????

I am not kidding.

nm...saw the link.....wow, $40 for a tee???

Closed Thread