HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tampa to trade for Jonathan Bernier?

Old
06-07-2012, 10:41 PM
Boltsfan2029

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
I'd wager if a trade between the two goes down it would be for Connolly or their first rounder.
Connolly and Detroit's first rounder is being speculated by fans.

Boltsfan2029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 10:41 PM
bland

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
Jeff Zatkoff and martin Jones both are ready i think.
Zatkoff is a free agent this summer, so I'd bet that the Kings re-sign him and deal Bernier. If they need a stop gap as the back up, they will know by camp.

Jones and Berube will be in Manchester, Gibson a year or so behind.

LA's in a strong position to deal from their backend out.

bland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 10:42 PM
Leafs87
Mr. Steal Your Job

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
Remember guys, Halak was traded for a blue-chip forward prospect (Lars Eller) and a potential 4th liner (Ian Schultz), and Halak proved a hell of a lot more than Bernier has.
I don't recall Eller really being a blue chipper at that point any more, But yes I see where your taking this.

Leafs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 10:44 PM
KingCanadain1976

[QUOTE=bland;50647497]The Kings will be looking for a first round pick, possibly a mid-rounder as well. Doubtful that they will be looking to add any players.

Lombardi has layered his power forward, defensive and goaltending prospects extraordinarily well, but other than Toffoli there isn't much scoring pop up front. He has given up a few top picks over the last 2 drafts, and will be looking to use his ready and talented but spare parts to re-stock the system.

Don't be surprised to see Loktionov dealt as well. He is absolutely ready, but has no spot if Stoll is re-signed as expected.[/QUOTE]

i very much expect him to be dealt. He needs to be a 2nd line center with talent on his wings. Hes stuck behind richards and kopitar with carter there as well. The kings had nine natural centers on the roster so i think trading him for a winger makes sence. There was a trade in theory made between the dallas stars and la, With Glennie going to la and lokti going dallas. but thats just basically a couple king fans talking to a couple dallas fans. Most of the la fan base proberly didnt see it cause the playoff game was on lol .

KingCanadain1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 10:55 PM
MurrayBannerman
Moo Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinghock View Post
Eventually is correct, but not now.
The longer you hold onto him, the more his value goes down considering that he's playing about 20 games a year behind Quick.

MurrayBannerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 11:02 PM
Chandrashekhar Limit
ORANJE 4 LYFE

Bernier wont return anything close to Connolly.

Chandrashekhar Limit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 11:33 PM
underslept
well-informed

Goalies don't hold value. Everyone knows it, LA will of course try to drive the price up, but if Tampa traded anything more than Connolly (it'll probably end up being less too) they're getting fleeced and Yzerman just isn't that foolish.

underslept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 11:37 PM
lakai17

vCash: 50
Bobby Mac is reliable and Stevie Y is hockey smart.

Last edited by lakai17: 06-07-2012 at 11:55 PM.
lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 11:39 PM
The Bored Man
Tier 2 Fan

Quote:
Tampa needs goalie and Kings have no reason to trade Bernier without overpayment.
It will be Connolly+.
No it won't.

The Bored Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 11:48 PM
stryfe604
Believes in Yzergod

I am a Tampa fan, and talking to many LA fans about this, a common ground was Connolly and 19th for Bernier and Muzzin. I am confused to why other fan bases are saying that is too high. Even though Connolly played this year, he wasn't ready. He only played because he wasn't eligible to play in Norfolk. Bernier has all the makings to be a #1 in a lot of peoples eyes, Connolly a top 6, Muzzin would fill some D depth for us, and LA would be back in the first round with 19th. It is win-win all around. The one expendable that LA has is D and goalie prospects, both of which Tampa needs. Tampa has a surplus of forward youth, of which LA needs.

stryfe604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 12:00 AM
JS19
Four Kicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandrashekhar Limit View Post
Bernier wont return anything close to Connolly.
People said that about Varlamov having a meagre return and look what happened

And guys really...for a young top-end potential in Bernier you're saying he's not worth Connolly? Please, The Lightning have crapload of forwards and are dealing from a position that they are evidently weak in (goaltending).

Last edited by JS19: 06-08-2012 at 12:06 AM.
JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 12:05 AM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

been saying this a while now

He could return Connolly, not sure why people think he wouldn't.

The Fear Boners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 12:07 AM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by stryfe604 View Post
I am a Tampa fan, and talking to many LA fans about this, a common ground was Connolly and 19th for Bernier and Muzzin. I am confused to why other fan bases are saying that is too high. Even though Connolly played this year, he wasn't ready. He only played because he wasn't eligible to play in Norfolk. Bernier has all the makings to be a #1 in a lot of peoples eyes, Connolly a top 6, Muzzin would fill some D depth for us, and LA would be back in the first round with 19th. It is win-win all around. The one expendable that LA has is D and goalie prospects, both of which Tampa needs. Tampa has a surplus of forward youth, of which LA needs.
I totally agree with you stryfe its a win win for both teams. Kings get a pick they need and a young scoring winger thats ready which they really need and you will get a goalie which is needed and a defenseman that is nhl ready. Something else you would end up with is a new fan(i would stay king fan frist thou ) cause i would proberly watch more games to see how good he will be.

Old
06-08-2012, 12:10 AM
KingJet*
Welcome Back

Bernier for 37th pick and Namestnikov/Tyrell

KingJet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 12:11 AM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJet View Post
Bernier for 37th pick and Namestnikov/Tyrell
Tyrell sure, Vladdy no

Old
06-08-2012, 12:13 AM
nhljohnson

Connolly for Bernier, at this point, would be fair straight-up or, at the very least, the key ingredients in any larger deal.

nhljohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 12:14 AM
nhljohnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still All In View Post
been saying this a while now

He could return Connolly, not sure why people think he wouldn't.
Yes, you have and very much in agreement.

nhljohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 12:19 AM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhljohnson View Post
Connolly for Bernier, at this point, would be fair straight-up or, at the very least, the key ingredients in any larger deal.
As a kings fan i say no to a straight up deal. The kings have spent many years developing him properly and as one ur own fans said connelly would have been returned to the minors if they could without waviers

Old
06-08-2012, 12:21 AM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Good kids, lots of links - Al Murray drafted him with the Kings and runs the show in Tampa.

Jean is the goaltending coach and loves hyper-athletic kids with a great push which is Berniers style.

Both he and Connolly have high upside that they're still trying to reach. I know kinghock hates it but its realistic.

Old
06-08-2012, 12:21 AM
Martyros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltsfan2029 View Post
Connolly and Detroit's first rounder is being speculated by fans.
That's too much. If that gets thrown onto Lombardi's table, he'll take it.

Martyros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 12:24 AM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
As a kings fan i say no to a straight up deal. The kings have spent many years developing him properly and as one ur own fans said connelly would have been returned to the minors if they could without waviers
Come on if you're going to quote one of us get it right, he would and should have went back to juniors if his team werent a giant bag of **** which is fine, its not often you can throw a winger at 18 into an NHL lineup, which is what you could say about Bernier too, he might not be able to take 60 games and all that.

Old
06-08-2012, 12:30 AM
McTank

Quote:
Tampa needs goalie and Kings have no reason to trade Bernier without overpayment.
It will be Connolly+.
I dont think so buddy, goalies genrally dont fetch much if they havent proven anything. For example top prospect ben bishop fethced a 2nd from a desperate team at the deadline. Why would bolts give up connolly for bernier? I think they would look at a lot more options before trading there top prospect

McTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 12:31 AM
New Liskeard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
Remember guys, Halak was traded for a blue-chip forward prospect (Lars Eller) and a potential 4th liner (Ian Schultz), and Halak proved a hell of a lot more than Bernier has.
Halak has proved much more at the NHL level than Bernier has. Not a fair or correct assesment. Until Bernier has a performance like Halak had, especially in the playoffs; the value is not the same.

New Liskeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 12:32 AM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Come on if you're going to quote one of us get it right, he would and should have went back to juniors if his team werent a giant bag of **** which is fine, its not often you can throw a winger at 18 into an NHL lineup, which is what you could say about Bernier too, he might not be able to take 60 games and all that.
Fair enuff i didnt get it quite right the point i was trying to make is he wasnt nhl ready where bernier is. So imo bernier is worth more then just connelly. I would be ok with the muzzin and bernier for connelly and 19th. I would somehow like to get the 10 th pick thou. «As i continuely say i want to try and use it to move up to get forsberg who is the lw propect the kings need.

Old
06-08-2012, 12:35 AM
stryfe604
Believes in Yzergod

Quote:
Mhhm. Connolly for Bernier is a fair trade straight up, putting Muzzin and the first in the trade is because it makes extra sense. If LA doesn't want to do Connolly for Bernier straight up how about a 2 seconds for Muzzin

stryfe604 is offline   Reply With Quote