HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Clowe to NYR

Old
06-07-2012, 01:00 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsauer2738 View Post
To NYR: Ryan Clowe

To SJ: Del Zotto, Hagelin, 2nd round pick

Thoughts?
Quote:
we donít trade kids.
http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/ran...er-nhl-gm-meet

vipernsx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 01:06 PM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterT View Post
Top choices will likely be a Canadian team if the reports are correct from the likes of Friedmann, Brunt, Fan 960, etc. Repeatedly it has been stated that the failed promise to generate Erixon a regular NHL ice time will hurt the Rangers when coming to deal with Schultz (Erixon and his agent were very public when demanding a trade from Calgary that it was due to not wanting to play in the minors). Other teams have noticed that and will play that angle if and when Schultz hits the market come July 1st.

Edmonton and Vancouver (2 places whereby he has family ties) should be considered far and away the front runners to land him and seeing him at the Marlies playoff game with his buddy Gardiner should also merit attention but I still think the draw of playing close to family is of utmost importance to him.
His partner for one of his years at Wisconsin is playing a top pairing role for us in his first full year in the NHL.

I don't think anyone could say we don't give our young guys a chance. Torts is particularly emphatic that we always give them a chance to make the roster.

Erixon was manhandled physically this year both in the NHL and AHL. There's a difference in giving rookies a chance and putting them where they don't belong. Sather would never "promise" Erixon ice time. He would at most promise him the opportunity to make the roster. And "Erixon and his agent were very public when demanding a trade from Calgary that it was due to not wanting to play in the minors" is complete bull. They weren't public about it - it was speculation. Erixon's contract with Calgary (that he didn't sign) had a Europe out clause in that he could play in Sweden if he didn't make the NHL roster. His decision had nothing to do with playing in the minors.

iamitter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 01:09 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
How about something like:

Rights to Stralman + Dubinsky for Clowe + Petrecki?

Way far off? Dubinsky is signed for a few more years, normally good for 45-50 points. Plays center or wing?
Clowe to NYR has been rehashed several times over the past years. The only way it works for the Rangers is if Dubinsky goes back and there's ZERO reason for SJS to get a player back he plays the same game yet has a bigger cap hit and has less offensive production.

I just can't see Stralman being enough to make SJS want to downgrade from Clowe for a bigger cap hit, though if it were to happen, it'd be another gem of a deal by Slats.

Old
06-07-2012, 01:15 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterT View Post
Top choices will likely be a Canadian team if the reports are correct from the likes of Friedmann, Brunt, Fan 960, etc. Repeatedly it has been stated that the failed promise to generate Erixon a regular NHL ice time will hurt the Rangers when coming to deal with Schultz (Erixon and his agent were very public when demanding a trade from Calgary that it was due to not wanting to play in the minors). Other teams have noticed that and will play that angle if and when Schultz hits the market come July 1st.
Erixon was given a shot at the NHL level. The best place for his development and hence career was playing big minutes in Hartford. He knows it, his Father even came out and said it and anyone who says otherwise didn't follow the situation closely enough.

An offseason of maturing physically will see Erixon as a full time NHLer next season.

Regardless of what was stated as the reason publicly, Erixon wanted out of Calgary and said, did what he needed to, to get out.

Old
06-07-2012, 01:42 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#healBurish

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
10.7% isn't "unreal". You can't say someone's shot % is unreal in their first year when it's pretty average for a forward. Shot % is only a factor when someone's is much higher or lower than their career average so it doesn't really work with a rookie.

And I didn't see Stepan have a horrible playoffs. He looked pretty much how he did in the regular season - an inconsistent youngster who is either a 1st or 3rd liner depending on the day.
I said on-ice shooting percentage, not personal shooting percentage. on-ice shooting percentage almost always regresses to the mean, which is 8%.

And Stepan did have a poor playoffs. He was supposed to be an offensive difference-maker on the team. It's funny, Rangers fans love their kids and their youth, but when it came down to it, Richards, Gaborik, and Girardi were your most important players. You can make excuses for your kids all you want. But it's going to get old.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 02:59 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldshot View Post
Well, I'm not advocating that proposal, but Dubinsky will definitely add a dimension of speed and grit. He's actually a really good fit for what you guys need, if you ask me.
Maybe to the 3rd line but when you ask someone to be in your top six, you need them to be somewhat reliable offensively. Dubinsky is hit or miss at this point.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 03:19 PM
BigDmitriy

Send a message via AIM to BigDmitriy Send a message via MSN to BigDmitriy Send a message via Yahoo to BigDmitriy
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
You have to give to get, and you're not going to get Clowe for scrubs...

BigDmitriy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 03:51 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
Maybe to the 3rd line but when you ask someone to be in your top six, you need them to be somewhat reliable offensively. Dubinsky is hit or miss at this point.
One bad season doesn't make him hit or miss. He was good for 40+ points in each of his first 4 seasons, and good for 20 goals in the last two.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 03:54 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDmitriy View Post
You have to give to get, and you're not going to get Clowe for scrubs...
Except the thing is Ryane Clowe isn't going to command the kind of packages that people in this thread are asking for.

Would you give up Couture for 30'ish year old 2nd line winger that's never cracked 25 goals?

I'm not saying Hagelin is Couture or anywhere close, but would you give up that kind of player for a player like Clowe? I wouldn't. Especially when I'm looking to add a top-fighter scorer to my top-6 and Clowe is probably gonna need a raise.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 04:12 PM
BigDmitriy

Send a message via AIM to BigDmitriy Send a message via MSN to BigDmitriy Send a message via Yahoo to BigDmitriy
Quote:
Except the thing is Ryane Clowe isn't going to command the kind of packages that people in this thread are asking for.

Would you give up Couture for 30'ish year old 2nd line winger that's never cracked 25 goals?

I'm not saying Hagelin is Couture or anywhere close, but would you give up that kind of player for a player like Clowe? I wouldn't. Especially when I'm looking to add a top-fighter scorer to my top-6 and Clowe is probably gonna need a raise.
A bit of a hyperbole there w/ a Cooch-Hagelin comparison...but I would give up a Michalek type for Clowe yes (when Michalek was on the Sharks...not now in Ottawa).

But I do understand where you are coming from...the package offered by OP is insane...I would take it and run!

BigDmitriy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 04:42 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
One bad season doesn't make him hit or miss. He was good for 40+ points in each of his first 4 seasons, and good for 20 goals in the last two.
No, what makes him hit or miss is that he's had more seasons with less than 20 goals than he does seasons with 20+. The 40+ point thing is not that impressive to me and not what I'd move Clowe to get. They need to get quicker but they don't need to lose the production. Clowe had a bad year this year also but his bad year is just about equal to Dubinsky's average season.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 06:25 PM
SnarkAttack
Registered Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
No, what makes him hit or miss is that he's had more seasons with less than 20 goals than he does seasons with 20+. The 40+ point thing is not that impressive to me and not what I'd move Clowe to get. They need to get quicker but they don't need to lose the production. Clowe had a bad year this year also but his bad year is just about equal to Dubinsky's average season.
Not to mention Ryane Clowe provides a rare commodity. He would command more in the trade market than most players with his production (in terms of points) because he provides a size and physicality along with it that is hard to find. Clowe had an oft-injured year and still scored more points than Dubinsky has in all but 1 season.

SnarkAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 06:06 AM
theFiGS42

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsauer2738 View Post
To NYR: Ryan Clowe

To SJ: Del Zotto, Hagelin, 2nd round pick

Thoughts?
This is rediculous, as a ranger fan how could you want this? The 2nd pick is unnecessary and after the season hagelin just had I wouldn't do him for clowe straight up maybe something like

Erixon for clowe

Gives the sharks a young LHD and we get the tough LWer we want

theFiGS42 is offline   Reply With Quote