HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-13 Ticket Prices (Part II)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-08-2012, 12:15 AM
  #76
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15
 
NyRangers88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,424
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow Soccer View Post
Does anyone know if you commit to an upgrade can you keep on trying to improve your seats or are you done with this process?
I believe you can change your seats around anytime as long as the tool stays active.

__________________
2013-2014 Eastern Conference Champions!!
NyRangers88 is offline  
Old
06-08-2012, 12:31 AM
  #77
PassShootScore
208 Row 18
 
PassShootScore's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 647
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
I renewed only recently because my rep promised me a switch to someplace I was happy with, as long as I gave the normal deposit. I spoke with him earlier today and he said I won't be using that online tool, instead he is calling me at my upgrade time to discuss one-on-one.

I guess I can just check out the online tool after that phone call to see how it works.
Hopefully they do the right thing for once Just out of curiosity are you looking to move into a lower price ranger or a better row if the value is there

PassShootScore is offline  
Old
06-08-2012, 12:36 AM
  #78
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15
 
NyRangers88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,424
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven9d3 View Post
Hopefully they do the right thing for once Just out of curiosity are you looking to move into a lower price ranger or a better row if the value is there
Either. I'm not looking to get the best seat in any given price range because I don't have the tenure for that. I just want something that has a decent resale value (up or down a few rows) so I don't lose too much money -- A row 14 in the 200's would be really hard to sell for face, even some of the premium games.

I still find it hard to believe it's a difference of almost $2,000/year for one row. That's not nearly as bad as the pricing for a Row 1 or 2 -- I feel really bad for those folks!

NyRangers88 is offline  
Old
06-08-2012, 12:48 AM
  #79
PassShootScore
208 Row 18
 
PassShootScore's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 647
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
Either. I'm not looking to get the best seat in any given price range because I don't have the tenure for that. I just want something that has a decent resale value (up or down a few rows) so I don't lose too much money -- A row 14 in the 200's would be really hard to sell for face, even some of the premium games.

I still find it hard to believe it's a difference of almost $2,000/year for one row. That's not nearly as bad as the pricing for a Row 1 or 2 -- I feel really bad for those folks!
Yea I understand they should ofhave 3 different pice sections in the upper bowl instead of 2 (besides row 1 and 2)

PassShootScore is offline  
Old
06-08-2012, 08:10 AM
  #80
jhnyr
Registered User
 
jhnyr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend23 View Post
Not true. We are going from 110 to 212. We are 30+ year season ticket holders. All depends on seniority.
This isn't really true. I was in 313, being moved back to the $73 seats. Everyone else in my row is being moved down one, into the $50 seats in the new section. Two guys in front of me have half the tenure I do, and they're being moved back up into the $50s as well. As it still stands, I will be in the last row of the higher price point, while everyone in my row and at least a few people in front of me with less tenure will get to enjoy the cheaper seats by one or two rows. I'm still livid.


Last edited by jhnyr: 06-08-2012 at 08:32 AM.
jhnyr is offline  
Old
06-08-2012, 08:15 AM
  #81
jhnyr
Registered User
 
jhnyr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
That's not nearly as bad as the pricing for a Row 1 or 2 -- I feel really bad for those folks!
My rep told me no one is being moved to row 1 or 2, because of the higher prices. Those will be special sales. The regular season ticket holders start at Row 3 and go back.

jhnyr is offline  
Old
06-08-2012, 08:21 AM
  #82
jhnyr
Registered User
 
jhnyr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
Season Ticker Holders should have been contacted today. Here is the email:
I had an email a few days ago saying my season tickets were cancelled because I didn't renew. My rep told me though, to ignore that email because she knows my situation with changing seats. (I'm also last row of the $73s.)

So I never got this relocation email you guys are getting now.

jhnyr is offline  
Old
06-08-2012, 08:23 AM
  #83
jhnyr
Registered User
 
jhnyr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giglio NYR15 View Post
I thought you had to give up your current seats/not renew, in order to enter the seat upgrade thing. Because cant you not change to cheaper seats if you currently have seats, only get more expensive ones?
That's EXACTLY what I was told by my rep. She told me not to renew so my new seats would be released. Then she'd work with me to get seats I'm happy with. But since I didn't renew, I got that "sub canceled" email. Which she also told me to ignore. We'll see what happens.

jhnyr is offline  
Old
06-08-2012, 08:46 AM
  #84
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,766
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhnyr View Post
My rep told me no one is being moved to row 1 or 2, because of the higher prices. Those will be special sales. The regular season ticket holders start at Row 3 and go back.
Interesting. That's what happened to me. But another long time subscriber who posts here was placed in row 1 and was not thrilled about having his tickets double in price. Not sure how they decided who to move back and who to keep in those first two rows.

broadwayblue is offline  
Old
06-08-2012, 12:40 PM
  #85
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15
 
NyRangers88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,424
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhnyr View Post
That's EXACTLY what I was told by my rep. She told me not to renew so my new seats would be released. Then she'd work with me to get seats I'm happy with. But since I didn't renew, I got that "sub canceled" email. Which she also told me to ignore. We'll see what happens.
I'm in the exact same situation as you. All the people around me got the $50.00 section and I got the $73.00 section -- except my rep told me the opposite -- that if I renew, he will guarantee me seats someplace else that I am happy with.

NyRangers88 is offline  
Old
06-08-2012, 12:58 PM
  #86
MadHookUp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 363
vCash: 500
I unfortunately live in Pa near Philly. But I was considering getting season, or partial season tickets to maybe share with some cousins that live closer to the Garden. I want to start seeing more games.

My biggest question is if I did make the jump, is it hard to move your extra tickets? Living 2.5 hours away, I wont be able to make a ton of games. I am not looking to make a profit on the things, but I would like to know that I could easily move them without taking a loss.

MadHookUp is offline  
Old
06-08-2012, 01:04 PM
  #87
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck
 
NYRFAN218's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 12,289
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadHookUp View Post
I unfortunately live in Pa near Philly. But I was considering getting season, or partial season tickets to maybe share with some cousins that live closer to the Garden. I want to start seeing more games.

My biggest question is if I did make the jump, is it hard to move your extra tickets? Living 2.5 hours away, I wont be able to make a ton of games. I am not looking to make a profit on the things, but I would like to know that I could easily move them without taking a loss.
Ultimately depends on how the team is playing and how many Ranger fans you know that would buy tickets. Last season (10-11) you couldn't sell some games for under face on here. Think the January mid week games against the Hurricanes. Those games last year (11-12) everyone wanted on here and were even going for above face on StubHub.

__________________
http://hfboards.com/image.php?u=53946&type=sigpic&dateline=1320361610
NYRFAN218 is offline  
Old
06-08-2012, 01:04 PM
  #88
Giglio NYR15
Section 417
 
Giglio NYR15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,527
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadHookUp View Post
I unfortunately live in Pa near Philly. But I was considering getting season, or partial season tickets to maybe share with some cousins that live closer to the Garden. I want to start seeing more games.

My biggest question is if I did make the jump, is it hard to move your extra tickets? Living 2.5 hours away, I wont be able to make a ton of games. I am not looking to make a profit on the things, but I would like to know that I could easily move them without taking a loss.
Depends on where you are, unfortunately due to the renovation and the drastic price changes for next season, its too early to tell. Considering the cheapest seats in the building are now 50 bucks instead of like 37, im assuming there will be a higher demand for the upper bowl seats because the further center and lower you go are just too expensive for the average fan.

If I was you, I would contact a current season ticket holder who looks to sell several games throughout the season and just buy those games off them.

Giglio NYR15 is offline  
Old
06-08-2012, 01:55 PM
  #89
ltrangerfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 957
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Interesting. That's what happened to me. But another long time subscriber who posts here was placed in row 1 and was not thrilled about having his tickets double in price. Not sure how they decided who to move back and who to keep in those first two rows.
As I said before.... I was placed in row 2 (center).

I believe the price is $90/per.

Are very few subscribers taking row 2?

The difference between row 2 & 3 is $11 per ticket per game. That didn't sound like much when I consider more legroom and a better view?

Am I missing something since I read that many subscribers were not offered row 2?

Just curious.

ltrangerfan is offline  
Old
06-08-2012, 06:37 PM
  #90
MessierIsGod
Registered User
 
MessierIsGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltrangerfan View Post
As I said before.... I was placed in row 2 (center).

I believe the price is $90/per.

Are very few subscribers taking row 2?

The difference between row 2 & 3 is $11 per ticket per game. That didn't sound like much when I consider more legroom and a better view?

Am I missing something since I read that many subscribers were not offered row 2?

Just curious.
Here's what I was told:

Row A got mapped into row 2 becauce they felt $150 was not fair to force on STHs who had row As.

Then everyone got shifted back a row in the relocation.

MessierIsGod is offline  
Old
06-08-2012, 06:55 PM
  #91
ltrangerfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 957
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MessierIsGod View Post
Here's what I was told:

Row A got mapped into row 2 becauce they felt $150 was not fair to force on STHs who had row As.

Then everyone got shifted back a row in the relocation.
I was told the exact same thing. I was assigned row 2 (formally having row A) and could have had row 1 if I was willing to pay the price. I'm not sure there were many takers.


Last edited by ltrangerfan: 06-08-2012 at 07:05 PM.
ltrangerfan is offline  
Old
06-09-2012, 01:06 PM
  #92
Blueshirt67
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 97
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
I'm on the 26th at 10:00 am, but I only have a tenure since 2009 so I'm near the end of the list. Supposedly my rep has "special arrangements" for me, whatever that means
My tenure is since 2009 too and my time is June 26 at 1:00PM. Maybe the extra 3 hours is your "special arrangement".

Blueshirt67 is offline  
Old
06-09-2012, 03:13 PM
  #93
PassShootScore
208 Row 18
 
PassShootScore's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 647
vCash: 500
My appointment is the 27th at 9am but the problem is I'm going away the night before. Do you think they will let me switch to the last appointment the day before?

PassShootScore is offline  
Old
06-09-2012, 03:15 PM
  #94
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,766
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven9d3 View Post
My appointment is the 27th at 9am but the problem is I'm going away the night before. Do you think they will let me switch to the last appointment the day before?
If you won't have access to a pc at your 9am time you can call in and do your upgrade over the phone. You can also log on any time after your scheduled appointment.

broadwayblue is offline  
Old
06-09-2012, 03:24 PM
  #95
PassShootScore
208 Row 18
 
PassShootScore's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 647
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
If you won't have access to a pc at your 9am time you can call in and do your upgrade over the phone. You can also log on any time after your scheduled appointment.
Ok thanks might call them during my appointment I'm trying to move from the $50 seats to $53 seats but not expecting much

PassShootScore is offline  
Old
06-09-2012, 07:10 PM
  #96
Legend23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 226
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MessierIsGod View Post
I would think one also would remember what their seats cost with 30+ years of loyalty.
You are totally right we were section 111 for this year and used to be 219 before the move hahaha. Come say hello to me in 212 row 4 seats 21& 22 next year

And yes I spent tons of money through all the years when they stunk and half the time I couldnt get someone to go with me so they do owe me something for having tickets since 79.

Legend23 is offline  
Old
06-11-2012, 09:46 AM
  #97
Section311
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,038
vCash: 500
I have six tickets right now in sec 311 and 310. I got moved to sec 212 which is on the other side but I got all of my seats in row 14...I have had meetings and confernce calls with managers about this. I was told my best option was to renew my tickets and I would be taked care of first...If I didnt renew I would go into the second group of people...My date is june 21 at 10:00. My goal is to move down and I would actually be willing to go to row 2 for 90 a ticket. Does anyone have an earlier upgrade date?

Section311 is offline  
Old
06-11-2012, 11:06 AM
  #98
MessierIsGod
Registered User
 
MessierIsGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Section311 View Post
I have six tickets right now in sec 311 and 310. I got moved to sec 212 which is on the other side but I got all of my seats in row 14...I have had meetings and confernce calls with managers about this. I was told my best option was to renew my tickets and I would be taked care of first...If I didnt renew I would go into the second group of people...My date is june 21 at 10:00. My goal is to move down and I would actually be willing to go to row 2 for 90 a ticket. Does anyone have an earlier upgrade date?
June 20 in the morning but I will try to skip the line since apparently others have. I have very long tenure as well.

MessierIsGod is offline  
Old
06-11-2012, 11:42 AM
  #99
Giacomin
Registered User
 
Giacomin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,878
vCash: 500
It is almost comical how the Rangers are handling this. They assigned everyone seats but if you asked them they said they will take care of you. Then they gave everyone a date and a time but will make special arrangements if you are still unhappy. I figure if I complain enough I will be promised center ice in the lowest row in the $53 seats!

Giacomin is online now  
Old
06-11-2012, 12:40 PM
  #100
MessierIsGod
Registered User
 
MessierIsGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend23 View Post
You are totally right we were section 111 for this year and used to be 219 before the move hahaha. Come say hello to me in 212 row 4 seats 21& 22 next year

And yes I spent tons of money through all the years when they stunk and half the time I couldnt get someone to go with me so they do owe me something for having tickets since 79.
Thanks for sharing. I will call my rep up and demand the same (I have similar tenure and have spent just as much if not more - I was 120 Row A for years).

MessierIsGod is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:46 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.