HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Andrei Kostitsyn will not be re-signed

Old
06-08-2012, 09:46 AM
ChibiPooky
Caps/Avs/Bills fan

vCash: 50
For those talking about the guy who said Florida and NYR missed the playoffs, I'd be surprised if he didn't mean this:

"While the Habs have been a playoff team in recent seasons, if they don't address their roster issues, they'll continue to be a lottery team. They've already been surpassed by teams like Florida and the Rangers, who not that long ago were not playoff teams.

ChibiPooky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 09:48 AM
Jakomyte

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
Nashville was a playoff team prior to adding Radulov and Kostitsyn. They didn't mesh well for whatever reason. I don't see their departure causing any issues, particularly Radulov, for whom Poile said it was a team decision with player leadership involved.
I think we can sometimes forget that its not the easiest thing in the world to step on to a new team with 15-20 games left in the season and be expected to fit in seamlessly, especially for a guy (Kostitsyn) that doesn't have a perfect grasp of English. By all indications, Nashville played a very different style from Montreal, so is it that much of a surprise that Kostitsyn didn't "fit" (I used quotes because, as my previous post states, his stats in the playoffs were quite good for a complimentary scorer).

Bottom line is Kostitsyn is a top 6 UFA winger. The idea that he will be shunned because the Montreal media was overcritical of him for years, and he was part of an over exaggerated and overly publicized 'team suspension' is silly. As many posters have stated, he'll likely get picked up for a similar price tag to Jones' recent contract.

Jakomyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 09:56 AM
EveryDay

Quote:
For those talking about the guy who said Florida and NYR missed the playoffs, I'd be surprised if he didn't mean this:

"While the Habs have been a playoff team in recent seasons, if they don't address their roster issues, they'll continue to be a lottery team. They've already been surpassed by teams like Florida and the Rangers, who not that long ago were not playoff teams.
And in 2010-2011 Carolina and Toronto were better then NJ and Atlanta was pretty equal to them and now they are 3 games away from SC Champion.....

EveryDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 10:11 AM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakomyte View Post
I think we can sometimes forget that its not the easiest thing in the world to step on to a new team with 15-20 games left in the season and be expected to fit in seamlessly, especially for a guy (Kostitsyn) that doesn't have a perfect grasp of English. By all indications, Nashville played a very different style from Montreal, so is it that much of a surprise that Kostitsyn didn't "fit" (I used quotes because, as my previous post states, his stats in the playoffs were quite good for a complimentary scorer).

Bottom line is Kostitsyn is a top 6 UFA winger. The idea that he will be shunned because the Montreal media was overcritical of him for years, and he was part of an over exaggerated and overly publicized 'team suspension' is silly. As many posters have stated, he'll likely get picked up for a similar price tag to Jones' recent contract.
if it's 3M to 4M for 1 or 2 yrs, then I'm all for it. He'd do very well on Eller or Plekanec's wing.

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 10:40 AM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:

My bad there, that was what I meant. I didn't express myself clearly or double-checked what I had written.

Frozenice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 10:51 AM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaco88 View Post
And in 2010-2011 Carolina and Toronto were better then NJ and Atlanta was pretty equal to them and now they are 3 games away from SC Champion.....
NJ was better than Carolina and Toronto, it was because they had a terrible start to the season but during the last half of that season they were one of the best teams in the NHL.

Frozenice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 01:39 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
I like AK. I think people think euro, (belo)russian, lazy, inconsistent and just go with it.

The guy was a beast some nights. The fact is he's not consistent. Hell, crosby doesn't make 4 points a night either. It is what it is.

AK would help ANY team. He's a prototypical top 9 guy. Can play PP, 1st line, 2nd line, 3rd line. He hits, he's well built, he scores and even battles more than people give him credit for.

He's an excellent complimentary player and any contending team can use him.

I'd take him back on habs but don't really see the point. He's not the difference between us being contenders or not.

LyricalLyricist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 04:14 PM
FiveForDrawingBlood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
He won't be back in Montreal. AK has the skill to be a star but no work ethic

FiveForDrawingBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 04:35 PM
CREW99AW

If Parenteau leaves,I'd think Snow would be interested.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote