HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 NHL Entry Draft Talk Part 16 : One week left!

Closed Thread

Old
06-08-2012, 10:19 AM
overlords
#BargainBanned

vCash: 500
2012 NHL Entry Draft Talk Part 16 : One week left!

continue

Old
06-08-2012, 10:23 AM
vokiel
Nothing blind

2 weeks to go wishlist for the Habs:

Nail Yakupov
Alex Galchenyuk
Filip Forsberg

#33 (32nd overall if NJ forfeit)
Stefan Matteau
Tim Bozon
Michael Matheson
Henrik Samuelsson
Mark Jankowski

#51 (50 overall)
Henrik Samuelsson
Mark Jankowski
Martin Frk
Nicolas Kerdiles
Lukas Sutter

Old
06-08-2012, 10:32 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Swapping picks with Toronto is a disaster.

Do not do it.

I will kick Bergevin in the nuts.

Old
06-08-2012, 10:40 AM
habshound247

If Columbus wants Forsberg, I could see them swapping with the Leafs for the #5 pick because he will probably be available at #5.

Old
06-08-2012, 10:57 AM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post

Do not do it.

Besides Nazem Kadri is the 2nd coming of Bruce Boudreau lifetime AHLer.

Old
06-08-2012, 10:58 AM
vokiel
Nothing blind

Quote:
Originally Posted by habshound247 View Post
If Columbus wants Forsberg, I could see them swapping with the Leafs for the #5 pick because he will probably be available at #5.
I don't think the habs' target at #3 is Grigorenko so that leaves Forsberg or Teravainen. Too much of a risk for them, unless they want some top-10 dman not named Murray.

Edit: Leafs would pick Gally.. at #2

Last edited by vokiel: 06-08-2012 at 11:04 AM.
Old
06-08-2012, 10:58 AM
Shawn Wilken
Hockey's Future Staff
@CrimsonSkorpion

vCash: 50
Awards:
I want to bang my head on the desk.

From the people that said I know nothing about the draft...

"Galchenyuk, is he Russian?"
"Yup. Born and raised there."
"Oh nevermind then. I hope they take Forsberg."
"Forsberg is a centre, right?"
"Let me check... Oh he's a winger and Galchenyuk is a centre..."
"Oh..."

Old
06-08-2012, 11:00 AM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
I want to bang my head on the desk.

From the people that said I know nothing about the draft...

"Galchenyuk, is he Russian?"
"Yup. Born and raised there."
"Oh nevermind then. I hope they take Forsberg."
"Forsberg is a centre, right?"
"Let me check... Oh he's a winger and Galchenyuk is a centre..."
"Oh..."

What is this?

Old
06-08-2012, 11:01 AM
thomast

Trade down for Teräväinen and pick an habs fan Barkov at the next season. These guys has already some chemistry. Teräväinen could be next jussi jokinen at worst if he makes into NHL, he could be next filppula but has potential to be superstar like Giroux. Teräväinen plays like Giroux IMO but less physically. Barkov is big monster was nearly 6'2 and 205 lbs at beginning of this season and he was just turned 16. Barkov might be 6'4 +220lbs at the 2013 draft being youngest top prospect for that draft. I would say that Barkov is at worst Mikko Koivu/Jordan Staal can't see his potential as high as Teräväinen but Barkov plays similar to Datsyuk and uses body like Mikko Koivu. Future selke calibre of player for sure. Was best two-way foward for his FEL team at 16 year old. Barkov was better than Galchenyuk when i watched them at Ivan Hlinka. Gally was 17 and Barkov 15 and it was notable gap. But 2013 draft includes as good talents in MacKinnon and Jones. But i hope that Barkov get's drafted by Habs because he is habs fan and it would be cool to see habs on top again.

Old
06-08-2012, 11:05 AM
le_sean

vCash: 612
Quote:

Do not do it.

You worry too much.

Lupul - Galchenyuk - Kessel just reminds me of a worse version of Roberts - Sundin - Mogilny. It won't mean much.

Pick Teravainen 5th, Bozon 32nd, Jankowski 35th. That will be our Damphousse, Bellows and Muller. Boom.

Old
06-08-2012, 11:08 AM
Roulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by habshound247 View Post
I don't know about that. I could see Forsberg being a good fit for the Leafs, Habs or Isles.

Old
06-08-2012, 11:08 AM
gunners14henry

Had a really vivid dream last night that the habs drafted reinhart at #3 last night

Old
06-08-2012, 11:12 AM
NewHabsEra*

What about switching picks with Toronto if Murray and Yakopov are selected top 2 and that Galchenyuk isnt necessary our guy, for the possibility to switch 1st pick next year? Leafs are probably going to end at the bottom of the standing again next year while the Habs have way more potential to make the playoffs with some adjustments in the off season.. We could have a shot at Seth Jones, MacKinnon and all.. For the upcoming draft, 2 of Grigorenko Forsberg and Taravainen would still be on the board, so thats a very interesting gambling to do no? Making Brian Burke looks like an idiot again would be priceless, unless Galchenyuk really is the one we have to draft at 3..

Old
06-08-2012, 11:14 AM
Shawn Wilken
Hockey's Future Staff
@CrimsonSkorpion

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais View Post
What is this?
A sad, sad conversation between two co-workers.

Old
06-08-2012, 11:14 AM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunners14henry View Post
Had a really vivid dream last night that the habs drafted reinhart at #3 last night
Lol this board would explode and WTK would turn Halifax into a war zone.

Old
06-08-2012, 11:16 AM
S Bah

Quote:
That's Sam Rinehart the forward the Habs trade for Calgary's first round pick hooorah!

Old
06-08-2012, 11:18 AM
gunners14henry

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
I know lol. I woke up right after Timmins made the announcement. Woke up sweating like crazy.

Old
06-08-2012, 11:20 AM
vokiel
Nothing blind

That's called a Nightmare.

Old
06-08-2012, 11:22 AM
MTL-rules

I have a good feeling about Yakupov.

Edmonton would be idiotic not to draft a defenceman. Murray would be a great choice. Columbus is ****-scared of Russians and Forsberg/Galchenyuk are really good... I'd say there are good chances we end up with Yakupov... unless Edmonton trades their pick to TO for Schenn, 1st + because they're ok with other d-men in the draft (meaning Murray ends up with NYI).

Old
06-08-2012, 11:29 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Yes. If they go full ****** and pick a D-man, it better not be Reinhart. I can live with Dumba or Rielly, even Murray to an extent. Reinhart would make me slaughter innocents.

Quote:
You worry too much.

Lupul - Galchenyuk - Kessel just reminds me of a worse version of Roberts - Sundin - Mogilny. It won't mean much.

Pick Teravainen 5th, Bozon 32nd, Jankowski 35th. That will be our Damphousse, Bellows and Muller. Boom.
I dont want our rival to get the piece weve been missing for years. Especially by trading it TO them. Has the potential to go bad, really, really bad. Take Galchenyuk, watch Burke rage, profit.

Old
06-08-2012, 11:30 AM
overlords
#BargainBanned

Quote:
Yes. If they go full ****** and pick a D-man, it better not be Reinhart. I can live with Dumba or Rielly, even Murray to an extent. Reinhart would make me slaughter innocents.

I dont want our rival to get the piece weve been missing for years. Especially by trading it TO them. Has the potential to go bad, really, really bad. Take Galchenyuk, watch Burke rage, profit.
"I'd kill everyone in this room. Even the children. ESPECIALLY the children"

Old
06-08-2012, 11:38 AM
HockeyGuruPitka

Quote:
On a random side note.. i had a dream last night that Pittsburgh wins the cup next year... Continue your discussion...

Old
06-08-2012, 11:38 AM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
I am going something real obvious here yet, I just feel like I have to say it. The quality of this draft WILL NOT be determined by our first pick in this first round. But the remainder of the next 3 picks. There is a possibility to have 3 VERY GOOD prospects here in the next 2 rounds. Good enough so that there's a very good chance that our 4 picks ends up being top 10 in our prospect pool rankings. Only Beaulieu, Tinordi, Gallagher, Bournival and Kristo might keep their position. Obviously, depending on who we will pick. But that will be what will determine our weekend. Whatever guy we pick, from Gally, to Grigo, to Forsberg, to Murray, we will get a great player. No matter what people say, each are qualified hockey player AND a need no matter how people try to turn this as far as Murray is concerned (looking at you WTK...). If Murray is picked, he ends up AUTOMATICALLY #1 in our entire prospect pool. He obvioulsy then becomes #1 in D's and when you look at it, he clearly becomes our most COMPLETE prospect d-man. People who will try to convince you that this is not a need are wrong. But then....do we have more PRESSING needs.....surely. This talented centerman we are looking for would be more welcome. Just saying that whoever is there will be a top of our pool. But then the reaa work begins and this is where Timmins needs to work his magic. An IMPORTANT draft to say the least. Just like next year if we keep all those picks around.

Old
06-08-2012, 11:50 AM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
Quote:
I TOTALLY agree with you as far as Reinhart is concerned. As far as the usual top 10, Reinhart is actually my only ND at the spot we pick. Makes no sense to go with him based on the fact that I don't see an offensive game being translated by him in the bigs, while everything can be work on, a guy with his stature had to be way more assertive than he was and play way more physical than he did. You do wonder that if it's impose on him and it's not really his personnallity, will he stop doing it at some point. And then, feet work HAS to be a concern, though not something he won't improve. So while it,s all about projecting, I still can project a lot more with way more candidate than him.

I'd be REALLY dissapointed if it's Reinhart to say the least. I won't believe it especially since there will be way more interesting players. There are Reinhart's elsewhere in the draft. But I have 10 guys ahead of him. I even have Maatta ahead of him. And if I don't contain myself, I could be tempted in having Koekkoek and Finn ahead of him.....So for me Reinhart would be our Hickey.....though chances are Reinhart DOES reach the league soon....but should not achieve a top role in a team.

Old
06-08-2012, 11:55 AM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I am going something real obvious here yet, I just feel like I have to say it. The quality of this draft WILL NOT be determined by our first pick in this first round. But the remainder of the next 3 picks. There is a possibility to have 3 VERY GOOD prospects here in the next 2 rounds. Good enough so that there's a very good chance that our 4 picks ends up being top 10 in our prospect pool rankings. Only Beaulieu, Tinordi, Gallagher, Bournival and Kristo might keep their position. Obviously, depending on who we will pick. But that will be what will determine our weekend. Whatever guy we pick, from Gally, to Grigo, to Forsberg, to Murray, we will get a great player. No matter what people say, each are qualified hockey player AND a need no matter how people try to turn this as far as Murray is concerned (looking at you WTK...). If Murray is picked, he ends up AUTOMATICALLY #1 in our entire prospect pool. He obvioulsy then becomes #1 in D's and when you look at it, he clearly becomes our most COMPLETE prospect d-man. People who will try to convince you that this is not a need are wrong. But then....do we have more PRESSING needs.....surely. This talented centerman we are looking for would be more welcome. Just saying that whoever is there will be a top of our pool. But then the reaa work begins and this is where Timmins needs to work his magic. An IMPORTANT draft to say the least. Just like next year if we keep all those picks around.
I agree 100%. We like to love our prospects, it's only normal. But in reality, the Habs are near the bottom in organisational rankings. There are needs everywhere. And while Tinordi and Beaulieu are very good prospects, they have their specific roles. Murray is an every situation kind of player, which the team does need.

I'll only be disappointed if they make a huge reach, like Rielly or Reinhart. I can't really live with those options at 3rd overall. If they trade down, fine.

Closed Thread