HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Part V | Marlies vs Admirals | Marlies done.

Closed Thread

Old
06-08-2012, 09:18 AM
Tigers1992

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budsfan View Post
Difficult as it is, we just have to put that game behind us and move forward.

Reminder, tomorrow's Game is a 3pm start, Leafs TV and Sportsnet 1, AM640.

http://www.marlies.ca/index.asp
The AHL admits the error

http://theahl.com/ahl-statement-rega...game-3-p177908

Old
06-08-2012, 09:22 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers1992 View Post
HOW UN****INGLUCKY ARE WE!? Can't believe it man.

06-08-2012, 09:23 AM
KingBuzzo
A custom title.

Are you kidding me? That's some serious ********.

Old
06-08-2012, 09:29 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Whatever the next two games we have to win.

Old
06-08-2012, 09:51 AM
L Corncrick
NHL Outsider

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory!

Old
06-08-2012, 09:53 AM
mooseOAK*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForSpareParts View Post
the difference in this series is not 1 fluke goal.

we are being out coached.
Really, what did Eakins do or not do?

TL edit

Old
06-08-2012, 10:03 AM
feeel10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseOAK View Post
Really, what did Eakins do or not do?

TL edit
lol, guy think we are being outcoached?? its just a matter of confidence and pucks bouncing your way because everything has been going their way for few months now. you gotta be lucky to be good and good to be lucky. plus, take conacher, smith and picard off their team while we have zigomanis,kadri and frattin in, and its a WHOLE different series. Just having zigo back yesterday made a difference, imagine if we had full lineup.

Old
06-08-2012, 10:03 AM
Cool Hand Luke

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForSpareParts View Post
the difference in this series is not 1 fluke goal.

we are being out coached.
Seriously dude? We are missing like 3 of our top 6 players. How good do you think LA would be doing without Richards, Carter and Kopitar?

Old
06-08-2012, 10:08 AM
KapG

AHL referees are incompetent obviously.

What a BONEHEAD call by them. In a championship game none the less . what a joke.

Old
06-08-2012, 10:19 AM
HackeyFan8

The only worse thing about last night was sitting in between the Conacher family crew. God their **** in annoying

Last edited by Leaf Rocket: 06-08-2012 at 10:29 AM. Reason: no filter circumvention
Old
06-08-2012, 11:24 AM
PoisonMushroom
I'm a fungi!

Still not sure what to say about that goal. Heartbreaking but maybe the boys can use the fact that the AHL admitted that it shouldn't have counted to show maximum effort tomorrow and get into this series.

It really really sucks that the game had to end that way (especially for Ben) and there's no going back, but the offense has completely fizzled for this team and they had ample opportunities to seal that game prior to that, including a PP in OT. My respect for Dallas Eakins is even greater for just accepting defeat when he could have justifiably been all up in arms about a goal that should have been disallowed. The Marlies just need to figure out a way to win four straight games.

Old
06-08-2012, 11:27 AM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13-15

vCash: 5113
I've got no horse in this race (though I was mildly pulling for Norfolk), but man.... that's just heartbreaking stuff. A fluke goal's bad, but an illegal fluke goal is just godawful.

Old
06-08-2012, 12:09 PM
BLeafer2011

Believe to ACHIEVE!

Old
06-08-2012, 12:38 PM
Twist and Shout

That goal last night just sunk the heart. Anyway, was a great atmosphere and highly entertaining for a 0-0 regulation time result.

Gardiner seemed to be dogging it on certain plays in the first two periods but really picked up his play and made a couple of high IQ plays in the third that showed what a talent he is.

The crowd was definitely loving Scrivens, but he did seem to be shaky on several stops despite recording the shutout. Nonetheless, I'm sure he'll challenge Reimer for a spot next year.

Old
06-08-2012, 12:52 PM
birddog*

The officiating was amateurish. Clearly Scrivens got run into twice while in his crease by the same Norfolk player. It was clearly a tactic. Obviously the refs lack an understanding of the game.

I once won a game in Peewee like this -- delayed offside goal. It's a very basic rule and to have 4 officials on the ice miss this is unacceptable. IMO they all should be banned from reffing any further in this years playoffs.

Minor hockey refs are familiar with this rule. For it to happen at this level in inexcusable.

Old
06-08-2012, 01:16 PM
Budsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers1992 View Post
Problem is what is going to happen, it may be an error but Norfolk leads the series 3-0.

It's like any bad call and the puck is in the net, I don't think they will re-play the game or even restart the game on a sudden death basis (whoever scores a goal wins the game), it's over.

The only thing that may happen is the Calder Cup this year may have an asterisks in it.

Time to move on.

Old
06-08-2012, 01:47 PM
FreeBird
HFBoards Sponsor

The Truth is we don't belong on the same Ice as Norfolk

Man they own our A** no surprise one team is put together by Burke and Nonis the dough boys, the other by Stevie Y and the little ball of hate Pat Verbeek. I was surprised the Wings let Pat go with Steve to Tampa, and of course the Ultimate Leaf Stumpy Thomas as player development Chief, he's behind the bench so he can really get a read on what the Lightning have for the furture, quite a concept don't you think. I think Eakins has had a Brain cramp other wise why would a 7th or 8th defenceman playing forward and our draft picks sitting in the stands, what the Hell's up with that. Mueller has more talent than any one in our system but for some reason they can't get it out of him pitty. 2nd rd picks like Ryan and Blacker can't get on the ice makes no sense the Marlies are a Develomental team for the Leafs and the young players aren't getting the benifit of playing in this intense situation. Thats what's wrong with the Leafs Burke, Nonis, Poulin, and Loiselle have not paid their dues as Scouts, it takes years of beating the bushes to hone your skills before rising up the ranks. Having a fourth line of Rosehill, Orr, and the 7th defenceman makes no sense at all, they need players who can skate with Norfolk. Now flail away I'm a big boy and can take it.

Old
06-08-2012, 02:19 PM
feeel10

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeBird View Post
Man they own our A** no surprise one team is put together by Burke and Nonis the dough boys, the other by Stevie Y and the little ball of hate Pat Verbeek. I was surprised the Wings let Pat go with Steve to Tampa, and of course the Ultimate Leaf Stumpy Thomas as player development Chief, he's behind the bench so he can really get a read on what the Lightning have for the furture, quite a concept don't you think. I think Eakins has had a Brain cramp other wise why would a 7th or 8th defenceman playing forward and our draft picks sitting in the stands, what the Hell's up with that. Mueller has more talent than any one in our system but for some reason they can't get it out of him pitty. 2nd rd picks like Ryan and Blacker can't get on the ice makes no sense the Marlies are a Develomental team for the Leafs and the young players aren't getting the benifit of playing in this intense situation. Thats what's wrong with the Leafs Burke, Nonis, Poulin, and Loiselle have not paid their dues as Scouts, it takes years of beating the bushes to hone your skills before rising up the ranks. Having a fourth line of Rosehill, Orr, and the 7th defenceman makes no sense at all, they need players who can skate with Norfolk. Now flail away I'm a big boy and can take it.
yes, god help us..

getting hfboards rid of useless whining and trolling like you do.

blacker and mueller are injured, and still without being injured, mueller wasnt playing to his potential. I just think the guys are dead tired physically and mentally. sad but true, still getting to calder cup finals is something to proud of, aren't you?

Old
06-08-2012, 02:25 PM
ALine

Ok, I'll flail a little. Blacker has been battling a shoulder injury the latter part of the season, and was underwhelming in the games it did play in. In the case of Mueller, he just plain hasn't been very good, so you blame the coaching and leafs management for not getting the talent out of him? That not really fair. They didn't just decide to let him continue to be terrible, he has to earn the coaches trust with solid play, which he hasn't. Ryan spent most of the year with the Royals in Reading. He wasn't good enough to make the Marlies, but should be just handed a spot in the line-up in the playoffs? Again, not fair at all. Orr's game has been pretty good, certainly more effective than Mueller has been. I agree with you that Rosehill on the other hand should GTFO.

Old
06-08-2012, 02:29 PM
Bills09

Shades of 93'

Old
06-08-2012, 02:36 PM
mooseOAK*

Quote:
Is there one player on the Norfolk team that was drafted by Yzerman and his people?

Old
06-08-2012, 02:43 PM
7even
Go on, do your duty

Quote:
Lol. Yeah, it's Burke's fault the Marlies are losing

Old
06-08-2012, 02:46 PM
GardinerExpressway

Hey let's look at this in a positive light. If we end up taking the next four we'll be the only team to ever win the Calder Cup 4.5 games to 2.5 ... Nah forget it, **** refs in Toronto.

Old
06-08-2012, 02:48 PM
Noisespektrum

i feel for the marlies, bummer

Old
06-08-2012, 03:10 PM
HOCKEYGOON

Those refs should be suspended

It sucks for Norfolk because now their championship comes with an unofficial * next to it.

They'll have to obliterate us Saturday to prove that they didn't need the flukey goal to win the series.

Closed Thread