HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 NHL Entry Draft Talk Part 16 : One week left!

Closed Thread

Old
06-08-2012, 04:20 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

vCash: 500
5th and 35th pick for our 3rd pick

Edit: I'm sure that's what they'll offer

Old
06-08-2012, 04:20 PM
Lebowski
In Price We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
Well, we can ask. If he says no, we can tell him to wait for his turn at 5th.
Burke: Hey Marc, I'd like to make a deal around our first rounders

Bergevin: Alright, our 3rd for your 5th and Gardiner

Burke: Did you take bath salt or something?

Bergevin: Well then **** you.

Old
06-08-2012, 04:21 PM
getyourselfsomerest

Quote:
WTK, your picks for the third spot were:

Gally
TT
Forsberg.

With any one of those three you'll cream your coffee.

So what if the Oilers pick The Nail and the Blue Jackets pick Murray. What is wrong with giving Burke our 3rd and he gives us his 5th and one of either Gardiner, Schenn or even Kadri?

You get one of the three players you mentioned and on top ofthat you get a pretty decent prospect.

Now this all depends on Timmins' evaluation. If believes the three players you mentioned have similar projections, I would do it. If he favors one of those players, then I would ask for more from Burke. His 5th, Gardiner and Schenn or Kadri.
sorry, that's not happening. I mean, Burke can be pretty wacky, but that's like JFJ wacky. in 2008 Cliff Fletcher moved up from 7th to 5th using a 2nd and a 3rd. Now obviously trying to move up within the top 5 will cost more, but it won't cost Gardiner, Schenn, or Kadri. IMO the most it would take would be our a 2012/2013 2nd, and a prospect like Percy, Biggs, or Blacker. But I could be wrong, I guess.

Old
06-08-2012, 04:23 PM
Lebowski
In Price We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by getyourselfsomerest View Post
sorry, that's not happening. I mean, Burke can be pretty wacky, but that's like JFJ wacky. in 2008 Cliff Fletcher moved up from 7th to 5th using a 2nd and a 3rd. Now obviously trying to move up within the top 5 will cost more, but it won't cost Gardiner, Schenn, or Kadri. IMO the most it would take would be our a 2012/2013 2nd, and a prospect like Percy, Biggs, or Blacker. But I could be wrong, I guess.
Another top 35 + one of Percy, Biggs, or Blacker?

I wouldn't be against it, but again, it all depends of Timmins' list. If he doesn't feel he can get his guy at 5th, then no deal, or else they have to send our way one of their young guns.

Old
06-08-2012, 04:25 PM
Habs Icing
Formerly Onice

Quote:
Hey, I'm not saying it'll happen. If he comes aknocking and wants our 3rd that's the price. He doesn't like it well he can go back to his chair and shake his head in disgust when we draft the player he wants.

Old
06-08-2012, 04:28 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Hey, I'm not saying it'll happen. If he comes aknocking and wants our 3rd that's the price. He doesn't like it well he can go back to his chair and shake his head in disgust when we draft the player he wants.
What if Galchenyuk isn't the player we want?

Old
06-08-2012, 04:29 PM
getyourselfsomerest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix60 View Post

I wouldn't be against it, but again, it all depends of Timmins' list. If he doesn't feel he can get his guy at 5th, then no deal, or else they have to send our way one of their young guns.
Quote:
Hey, I'm not saying it'll happen. If comes aknocking and wants our 3rd that's the price. He doesn't like it well go back to your chair and shake your head in disgust when we draft the player you wanted.
Yeah I think the Habs will end up with Galchenyuk and we end up with Grigs. And I think Burke is fine with that. He said he liked Grigs earlier this year and he has recently said(unconfirmed report from someone on our boards) that they're targeting a centerman. He might prefer Gally, but the gap between both players isn't big enough for Burke to go overboard and move up. that's my take on it anyway.

Old
06-08-2012, 04:46 PM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Not sure what you meant by that
I mean if Burke wants to play Gainey and the Gomez trade with us, then by all means...

Quote:
Well, obviously, but it all comes down to Timmins' rankings. If his guy is Terevainen (say in hindsight Terevainen really is the best option we have), would you rather trade down and add additional assets or just pick him at 3 when you know he's gonna be available at the very least at the 5th spot?
Like I said, it depends on what he gives us. If it's for a second pick, then I say "**** it" and just draft your guy.

Old
06-08-2012, 04:46 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverAlone View Post
5th and 35th pick for our 3rd pick

Edit: I'm sure that's what they'll offer
You're probably right.. I'm hoping the Habs are targeting Galchenyuk (preferred) or Forsberg with the #3 pick but if Timmins is sold on someone like Teravainen who he knows will still be on the board @ #5 this might be a deal the Habs consider maybe.. It would surely suck though if the Habs did this and the Leafs grabbed Galchenyuk @ #3 and he turned out to be the best player from this draft..

My wish for this draft is to stay @ #3 and draft Galchenyuk or Forsberg but I have a feeling this won't happen for some reason and Timmins will go somewhat off the board..

Old
06-08-2012, 04:51 PM
NotProkofievian

Quote:

Yeah, 5, 35 and Biggs might do it.

Old
06-08-2012, 05:03 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotProkofievian View Post
Yeah, 5, 35 and Biggs might do it.
Why would adding a bust make the offer any more attractive?

Old
06-08-2012, 05:08 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Why would adding a bust make the offer any more attractive?
Save us from having to draft the same player in Wilson?

Old
06-08-2012, 05:11 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 709
If Yaku and Gally are gone, I'm open to swap our 3rd.

Old
06-08-2012, 05:20 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I tell Islanders, I am taking Murray. Ask if they wanna pay the pick.

If they do, we move down, take Forsberg or TT.
If they dont, we stay put, and take Forsberg or TT.

Old
06-08-2012, 05:22 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

5 and 34 would be interesting.

32 and 34 would allow us to move back up into the mid first, where we could add a Faksa or a Collberg. And I do think Grigorenko will be there at 5. Collberg could be the steal of the draft.

Old
06-08-2012, 05:24 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:

If you tell the Isles you are taking Murray, they reject and then you don't, no teams will believe you for the rest of your tenure as GM... that's how it works, especially regarding a rookie GM like Bergevin.

Old
06-08-2012, 05:24 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 709
Quote:

Not a bad idea. Though I have a better opinion of Grigo than you so to get another 2nd rounder and Yaku and Gally are gone yet, I'm guaranteed with one of Forsberg, TT and Grigo if I want a forward, and 1 of Dumba, Trouba and Rielly? I make the move anyway. Even tempted not only by the Leafs and the Isles but the Ducks as well.

Old
06-08-2012, 05:31 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
If you tell the Isles you are taking Murray, they reject and then you don't, no teams will believe you for the rest of your tenure as GM... that's how it works, especially regarding a rookie GM like Bergevin.
However McPhee did it.

Old
06-08-2012, 05:48 PM
getyourselfsomerest

Just a hypothetical question, how would this board react if Yakupov went to Edmonton, Murray went to Columubus, and Bergevin picked Grigorenko? I know I wouldn't rule out the possibility if I were a Habs fan no matter how little he's been talked about. I also wouldn't rule out picking Murray if he was available.

Old
06-08-2012, 05:55 PM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

Quote:
Just a hypothetical question, how would this board react if Yakupov went to Edmonton, Murray went to Columubus, and Bergevin picked Grigorenko? I know I wouldn't rule out the possibility if I were a Habs fan no matter how little he's been talked about. I also wouldn't rule out picking Murray if he was available.
Here's what's going to happen regardless, since Habs' fans, as a group, as so damn polarized:
The Canadiens will pick a player.
The 10-15% of fans that were hoping for that player will be very happy.
The rest will gripe and ***** and nit pick as to why it's a terrible pick, thinking that for some reason, they'd make a much better scout than Timmins.

In 2005, everybody was hoping for Brulé, Pouliot, etc. Sure, some of those prospects turned out great. But some of those "surefire" NHLers didn't. The same may happen to Galchenyuk, Grigorenko, Forsberg... So before we all collectively slash our wrists for passing over the next best thing, let's keep in mind that none of these guys will be stars for sure.

Old
06-08-2012, 05:56 PM
vokiel
Nothing blind

Quote:
Well I think Timmins would be the one calling the pick, and if he did I think most people would accept it. It's the 3rd overall after all, not some 12ish pick made on some American dman again

Old
06-08-2012, 05:59 PM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

Quote:
I'd be ecstatic, because I think Grigo will be the best player from this draft. If Timmins picks him, I'd be sure that he's the best.

Old
06-08-2012, 06:00 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Remember when TSN showed Burke when LA drafted Brayden ? Good times.
Oh you mean the draft he was miked up for,where he asked Ottawa's GM who's your guy?and Murray replied Kadri and Burke says that's who we're taking.Yeah I remember like it was five minutes ago.Here it is 4 years later and Ottawa's pick is the big stay-at-home defenceman Burke loves,succeeding and Kadri looks like he may be a bust.A lot of bad decisions Burke has made and toes he has stepped on with his boisterous flamboyant actions.Never mind signing Komisarek and a few of the moves he criticized Kevin Lowe for when he was suckered into signing Penner.Burke should have thanked Lowe for taking Penner live and learn, I should say in his case listen and learn.It seems now the pressure the Schenn boys were thrust into has done nothing good for their careers,lets hope for Luke he goes to Columbus where he can be away from the spotlight and thrive.Even though that could mean them switching draft positions,they certainly did their part for Canada.

Last edited by S Bah: 06-08-2012 at 06:11 PM.
Old
06-08-2012, 06:05 PM
rockjngo

I'm not sure if Bergervin will deal with Burke. Not every GM think highly of Burke.
That's not to say Toronto won't trade up. If Columbus gets a great offer then they will trade down from 2 to 5. It will probably cost Toronto their pick, plus Jake Gardiner or Luke Schenn and another draft pick.

Either way that's only if Leafs want Galchenyuk. I have a hard time believing Galchenyuk will be there at 4. Gally will go top 3.

Here's what I think the top 5 teams want:
Edmonton- Yakupov, Murray
Columbus- Forsberg, Yakupov, Galchenyuk, Murray
Montreal- Yakupov, Galchenyuk, Forsberg, Murray, Grigorenko
Toronto-Yakupov, Galchenyuk, Forsberg

Old
06-08-2012, 06:06 PM
Gustave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Let's just pick Forsberg and call it a day. We could do worse.

Closed Thread