Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

2012-13 SEL Transactions

Old
06-08-2012, 04:45 PM
Exalted User

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Systemfel View Post
Wait a minute, Conner is just one of the several guys they're looking at. Just because Hockeysverige dropped his name in there doesn't mean they're close to a deal.
I'm not really familiar with Frölundas strategy on the player market. And i first read about the Conner roumor on Svenskafans.

Quote:
Collberg is gone next summer anyway, no point in playing him. Frölunda needs to bring in about 50 goals, and you need at least five Collbergs for that.
"Silfverberg, Järnkrok and Larsson is leaving next summer any way, whats the point in playing them?"

Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds? Considering the team that just won Elitserien had a total of nine players born 1990 or later in the lineup.

Quote:
In 2009, Erik Karlsson and Lars Eller were given really fair shakes, what happened? They took off immediately.
What do you propose they do then? It obviously isn't working signing foreign tin-men and money grubbing mercenairy Swedes. Isn't the team interrested in the character of the players they are bringing in? They must have the bigest transistion of players of all the teams in the SEL these past five years? And it hasn't goten them any where. There doesn't seem to be any long term strategy what so ever.

They, by the way, should start by firing the bald man-baby on the bench.

It looked like they were finally turning a corner half way through this season but now it feels like they're back to square one again.

1912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 04:58 PM
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstroms pads View Post
"Silfverberg, Järnkrok and Larsson is leaving next summer any way, whats the point in playing them?"

Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds? Considering the team that just won Elitserien had a total of nine players born 1990 or later in the lineup.
I get what you're saying. But what was Brynäs doing before this past season? Spent a lot of time playing these youngsters, missing the playoffs, etc. Now they've lost those guys. Back to square one. Not exactly a great long-term strategy, either. "Suck for 10 years, win the championship, suck for 10 years..."

Quote:
What do you propose they do then?

They, by the way, should start by firing the bald man-baby on the bench.
That. Kent Johansson doesn't know how to handle young guys anyway, so there really is not point in "going with the youngsters." This club isn't going anywhere with him running the show. He's a good coach, but not a good fit for Frölunda.

Systemfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 05:17 PM
Exalted User

Quote:
I get what you're saying. But what was Brynäs doing before this past season? Spent a lot of time playing these youngsters, missing the playoffs, etc. Now they've lost those guys. Back to square one. Not exactly a great long-term strategy, either. "Suck for 10 years, win the championship, suck for 10 years..."
There seems to be a paradime shift happening right now, there is a constant flow of young players in to the lineup now wich seems to be constant rather than sporadical like it was before. Three new(well two if you count out Molin) juniors are joining the line up for this season and Järnkrok is staying. Enterfeldt, Harju and Thuresson is nothing to scof at either. And a lot of people are overlooking the bigest factor for Brynäs success this season, Tommy Jonsson. I think the people that predict us to slump again are in for a surprise.

Quote:
That. Kent Johansson doesn't know how to handle young guys anyway, so there really is not point in "going with the youngsters." This club isn't going anywhere with him running the show. He's a good coach, but not a good fit for Frölunda.
Realisticly, what would Frölundas options be if they wanted to bring in a new coach? There are loads of old has beens on the market but none of them seems like and upgrade to Johansson. What ever happened to Jens Gustavsson? He seemed like a promising coach.

1912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 05:44 PM
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country

Quote:
Realisticly, what would Frölundas options be if they wanted to bring in a new coach? There are loads of old has beens on the market but none of them seems like and upgrade to Johansson.
No idea. They might be grooming Lechtaler for the job, though, and pushing Kenta to GM.

Quote:
What ever happened to Jens Gustavsson? He seemed like a promising coach.
Took off to Borås, then Örebro. He was on his way to becoming a permanent assistant with Frölunda, then Dahlén came in and wanted his buddy Dan Jablonic.

A lot of Frölunda's mess could have been avoided by keeping Roger Melin in 2008. ****ing Kent Norberg...

Old
06-08-2012, 07:52 PM
KRM

Quote:
Collberg is gone next summer anyway, no point in playing him. Frölunda needs to bring in about 50 goals, and you need at least five Collbergs for that.
I seriously doubt that Collberg leaves after this season, perhaps from Frölunda depending on his development this season but never have I seen him say anything but taking it slow developing his game in Sweden until he's ready to step right into the NHL.

If he is given Pettersson's role on the PP I bet he could also pop 16 goals, and probably not turn the puck over one fourth as much as Pettersson did. I'm gonna miss him but quite frankly I'm relieved we don't have him running the PP anymore.

KRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 09:18 PM
Rumcajs

Quote:

In 2009, Erik Karlsson and Lars Eller were given really fair shakes, what happened? They took off immediately.
Hes ours forever. Back off

Rumcajs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 09:55 AM
Hockeyfrilla

Martin Strbak --> Rögle

Hockeyfrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 06:02 AM
Hockeyfrilla

Looks like Johan Sundström is leaving Frölunda for NY Islanders organisation..thought he would stay at least one more year?

Old
06-12-2012, 10:21 AM
joe89

Quote:
There seems to be a paradime shift happening right now, there is a constant flow of young players in to the lineup now wich seems to be constant rather than sporadical like it was before. Three new(well two if you count out Molin) juniors are joining the line up for this season and Järnkrok is staying. Enterfeldt, Harju and Thuresson is nothing to scof at either. And a lot of people are overlooking the bigest factor for Brynäs success this season, Tommy Jonsson. I think the people that predict us to slump again are in for a surprise.
Elitserien is a glorified farm league anyway, might aswell get the most out of your youth like Brynäs. I don't believe in fighting against it, it's better to find a way to cope with it. Even if they're not stars it's good value to fill your roster from within, just like you don't fill your depth via free agency in the NHL. It's not just Brynäs that does it for that matter, but they're leading the pack.

Anyway when I see Brynäs I see more than just their three or four great prospects. I see continuity and organization from top to bottom. Good coaching, good management. It's been a work in progress for a while but now it's paying off in a big way. The guys you just named show that aswell. Brynäs has become a place to develop and where young players want to play. I see no reason in theory for Harju to do worse than J.Larsson. Silfverberg is impossible to replace, but Enterfeldt and Thuresson are hardworking players with upside. Kudos to Sundlöv and the others.

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 01:22 PM
SurMartin

In Skellefteå AIK, 14 of the 26 players came from the juniors and another 5 came here when they were 16-20 years. Just wanted to put it out there while we're talking homegrown depth.

Which is also why I don't like this signing:
Pontus Petterström, LHC ---> Skellefteå
Completely unnecessary.

SurMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 04:47 AM
Yabob

How so? He originally joined Skellefteå when he was 20 and spent six seasons with the team before he left for Linköping.

Yabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 01:08 PM
SurMartin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yabob View Post
How so? He originally joined Skellefteå when he was 20 and spent six seasons with the team before he left for Linköping.
And his gf is from town and yada yada... I wasn't taking about adding more "locals". Petterström is a player for the third line. We already have our local youngsters for that. (Or we could have extended Anders Söderbergs contract which would have been both better and cheaper.)

Old
06-14-2012, 08:14 AM
joe89

So Dennis Persson IN and Wännström OUT for Brynäs.

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 09:05 AM
e91a

Modig to Växjö, hope the salary ain't to high cause then they might have to close another school

Anyhow, for me växjö goalie lineup looks weak. They got one guy who just been going lower and lower from his highest peak and plays a out-dated goalie-style, which does not fit in the SEL for the moment. Their backup have been having trouble with injury's and just played 9 games last two years. Tho, if he is fit he might be able to be a starter. Do they have any good j-20 goalie perhaps tho?

e91a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 09:14 AM
e91a

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurMartin View Post
In Skellefteå AIK, 14 of the 26 players came from the juniors and another 5 came here when they were 16-20 years. Just wanted to put it out there while we're talking homegrown depth.

Which is also why I don't like this signing:
Pontus Petterström, LHC ---> Skellefteå
Completely unnecessary.
Ah, that's good. Tho you have the good thing about being a smaller town then major capital. Sometimes we can't really take them into j-20 or j-18 and let them play in other team's that close by instead. Then we take them when they are ready for last year j-20 or major team, then they don't really count as your junior player even tho he is so close by.

I think we got like 16 players in AIK that is from Stockholm area, out of them 11 have been playing in juniors for AIK. That's really good considering we been out of the top-league for so long. And we lost 2 own products to NHL this year.

But hopefully we can get 12 in squad that are from AIK since junior if my wishes come true

Old
06-15-2012, 04:25 PM
Hockeyfrilla

hah, sucks for Hv71 Jesse Joensuu signs with Islanders

Old
06-15-2012, 05:29 PM
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfrilla View Post
hah, sucks for Hv71 Jesse Joensuu signs with Islanders
This is going to be the worst SEL season yet.

Old
06-16-2012, 06:40 AM
mattihp

Quote:
This is going to be the worst SEL season yet.
Yeah. Where are the big name signings?

Any word on Ottosson (retiring?) or Hyvönen yet?

Hannula and/or Kuhta might be going to the SEL as well...

Niko Kapanen, Fredrik Warg and maybe Niskala should be good bets as well..

Has there been talk about Nyllet and Åkerman? Retiring or returning to Sweden?

mattihp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 07:23 AM
cheerupmurray

I doubt Åkerman will play in Sweden if he plays at all. Even though he still would be one of the best PP-quarterbacks in SEL he is almost 40 and he is damn slow nowadays and was a disapointment last year in Linköping.

cheerupmurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 09:25 AM
SurMartin

The names will come. Besides, we already have a lot of interesting players. (And both Robert Rosén and Joakim Lindström are still in SEL even after finishing with most points in 10/11 and 11/12 respectively.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerupmurray View Post
I doubt Åkerman will play in Sweden if he plays at all. Even though he still would be one of the best PP-quarterbacks in SEL he is almost 40 and he is damn slow nowadays and was a disapointment last year in Linköping.
To be fair, Åkerman has always been slow...

Old
06-16-2012, 09:25 AM
KCrushers

I've heard a rumour that Färjestad are close to signing their goalie for the next two years.. Let's hope the shoulder works better this time around..

KCrushers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 09:51 AM
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCrushers View Post
I've heard a rumour that Färjestad are close to signing their goalie for the next two years.. Let's hope the shoulder works better this time around..
It's obviously Salák.

Old
06-16-2012, 10:45 AM
e91a

So how much players did we loose to NHL/AHL this year? Only count the senior team players and the one that the club would have kept otherwise. 10-15?

AIK;
Fasth
Bång
Nemeth

Old
06-16-2012, 01:31 PM
cheerupmurray

Quote:
Originally Posted by e91a View Post
So how much players did we loose to NHL/AHL this year? Only count the senior team players and the one that the club would have kept otherwise. 10-15?

AIK;
Fasth
Bång
Nemeth
Brynäs;
Svedberg
Silfverberg
Ekholm
Wännström

Frölunda;
Hellberg
Sundström

Färjestad;
Nihlstorp
Brodin
Sjögren

HV71;
Joensuu
Almqvist

Linköping;
Dahlbeck

Djurgården;
Zibanejad
Claesson
Cehlin

18 I think?

I wouldn't be surprised if we see the same numbers or even higher next season, Nygren, Järnkrok, Molin, Klefbom, Fasth, Friberg, Bäckman, Lindberg, Nordström, Granberg, Klingberg, Johan Gustafsson, William Karlsson, plus a couple of others. There is a steady stream of swedes heading over to NA.

This flood of players + swedsh CHL-players and NCCA adds up to a whole lot of swedes playing in AHL (and hoopully a whole lot in NHL too).

Last edited by cheerupmurray: 06-16-2012 at 01:41 PM.
cheerupmurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 01:54 PM
e91a

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerupmurray View Post

18 I think?

I wouldn't be surprised if we see the same numbers or even higher next season, Nygren, Järnkrok, Molin, Klefbom, Fasth, Friberg, Bäckman, Lindberg, Nordström, Granberg, Klingberg, Johan Gustafsson, William Karlsson, plus a couple of others. There is a steady stream of swedes heading over to NA.

This flood of players + swedsh CHL-players and NCCA adds up to a whole lot of swedes playing in AHL (and hoopully a whole lot in NHL too).
Wow that is plenty of players for sure. And then as you say we got some players we already lost in the junior age.

Wonder how much more money they will get next year since the agreement between NHL/SEL is going out now.