HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Jagr signs with Dallas; 1 year, $4.5M (post #253)

Old
06-07-2012, 08:15 PM
Haute Couturier

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirimon View Post
I don't know about that. I would love it if Couturier can play as a top nine player for an entire season, if Read doesn't miss a beat and if Wellwood really establishes himself as a regular. I don't know if it's any more likely than Jagr breaking down over the course of the season however. As I said, I'd prefer if the Flyers went another route, but if they end up re-signing Jagr I can live with that. It wouldn't be the worst off season decision this organization has done in the last four years at least...
It won't be the worst decision, but they are the team with the least amount of cap space. It doesn't make sense to use a portion of it on an older player when there are bigger needs.

Haute Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 08:48 PM
35NW8ING
#LaviPondHockeyFail

Let him walk. We need forwards who can play 200 ft, not ones who play like 4th grade school girls along the wall and get pushed around by the likes of Zubrus.

35NW8ING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 08:56 PM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 50
I don't know. I'm torn, in one way I'd like to have Jagr back. But at the same price as last year, I don't think so.

Props to Nemesis for the signature and avatar.
SnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 09:08 PM
Flyerfan808

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35NW8ING View Post
Let him walk. We need forwards who can play 200 ft, not ones who play like 4th grade school girls along the wall and get pushed around by the likes of Zubrus.
No, I disagree. IMO Jagr is welcome back for the right price. 3.3M is too much but at 2.5M base salary with bonus incentives for #of points and #of games played that put him around 3M sounds right. He still has elite playmaking abililty and is a tremendous help to our powerplay if he comes down a little on his price then **** yeah. Keep him.

And sure, Zubrus may not be a very physical player, but:

Dainius Zubrus - 6'-5" 225 lbs.
Chris Pronger - 6'-6" 214 lbs.

It's not as if it's Danny Briere pinning him in the corner.

Flyerfan808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 01:46 AM
Madik77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan808 View Post
No, I disagree. IMO Jagr is welcome back for the right price. 3.3M is too much but at 2.5M base salary with bonus incentives for #of points and #of games played that put him around 3M sounds right. He still has elite playmaking abililty and is a tremendous help to our powerplay if he comes down a little on his price then **** yeah. Keep him.

And sure, Zubrus may not be a very physical player, but:

Dainius Zubrus - 6'-5" 225 lbs.
Chris Pronger - 6'-6" 214 lbs.

It's not as if it's Danny Briere pinning him in the corner.
Now I am really interested what 35NW8ING will say.

Really I am still surprised with what kind of arguments people discuss here... I understand that those people has never played this game (real not on PC) but come on... It is soooo easy to pinpoint one single play like the one with Zubrus. I bet that the same guy jumped to the air with his popcorn when Jagr went around one Pens def and one-handed assisted on G goal...

Regarding Jagrs 2012/2013 season with Flyers I more and more think it is not good idea. Not because of his play but because he will probably want some kind of prominent role (1st or 2nd line) and it is not good because if he goes down in the lineup it will affect his play and his mood. When Jagr is happy and healthy he can be very good even at 41 years. When he is "off" well then it is not good for everyone.

Madik77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 09:26 AM
jagrgodr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madik77 View Post
Now I am really interested what 35NW8ING will say.

Really I am still surprised with what kind of arguments people discuss here... I understand that those people has never played this game (real not on PC) but come on... It is soooo easy to pinpoint one single play like the one with Zubrus. I bet that the same guy jumped to the air with his popcorn when Jagr went around one Pens def and one-handed assisted on G goal...

Regarding Jagrs 2012/2013 season with Flyers I more and more think it is not good idea. Not because of his play but because he will probably want some kind of prominent role (1st or 2nd line) and it is not good because if he goes down in the lineup it will affect his play and his mood. When Jagr is happy and healthy he can be very good even at 41 years. When he is "off" well then it is not good for everyone.
Regarding the 2012-13 season, i also think he maybe leaving, but it's so hard to figure Jagr out. He seemed to really love playing with the team, but i'm wondering if the management will agree to let him play the minutes he wants. That is the thing Jagr is looking for most more than anything, it's not about the money, it's about playing the most and playing his best game possible.

He obviously has some chemistry with the flyers, but if he comes back it means he could lose ice time. Jagr is probably waiting to see if they sign any other offensive players that would take his minutes. Jagr wants to be the go to guy, or one of them, when the game is on the line. With the flyers rolling 4 lines, i thought that would be bad for Jagr because he would want to be out there more but i think that works in his favor now because of his age.

Jagr has said it, it all comes down to minutes. If the flyers can give him the minutes, he will rejoin. If not, he will walk. Jagr is still a beast. As Madik said.. remember this from a few months ago? When healthy, Jagr can absolutely destroy teams, especially the penguins:

Injuries are the luck of the draw. Almost all the flyers were injured at one time.. and Jagr was over training. He will come back with experience from last year and have a better year preparing for the playoffs.

jagrgodr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 12:40 PM
BringBackStevens

Jagr couldnt handle the puck at all as the season went on. He was an absolute turn over machine. Pass.

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 12:42 PM
tuckrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagrgodr View Post
Regarding the 2012-13 season, i also think he maybe leaving, but it's so hard to figure Jagr out. He seemed to really love playing with the team, but i'm wondering if the management will agree to let him play the minutes he wants. That is the thing Jagr is looking for most more than anything, it's not about the money, it's about playing the most and playing his best game possible.

He obviously has some chemistry with the flyers, but if he comes back it means he could lose ice time. Jagr is probably waiting to see if they sign any other offensive players that would take his minutes. Jagr wants to be the go to guy, or one of them, when the game is on the line. With the flyers rolling 4 lines, i thought that would be bad for Jagr because he would want to be out there more but i think that works in his favor now because of his age.

Jagr has said it, it all comes down to minutes. If the flyers can give him the minutes, he will rejoin. If not, he will walk. Jagr is still a beast. As Madik said.. remember this from a few months ago? When healthy, Jagr can absolutely destroy teams, especially the penguins:

Injuries are the luck of the draw. Almost all the flyers were injured at one time.. and Jagr was over training. He will come back with experience from last year and have a better year preparing for the playoffs.
I could watch this all day

tuckrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 01:15 PM
TheCerebral1
Hockey Heaven

At the right deal, yes absolutely. He helped the transition offense, brought in good enthusiasm into work outs and helped out with a lot of the youngsters. I love Jagr.

TheCerebral1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 02:41 PM
Lesky
Le Magnifique #66

Jagr should be forever young - with the talent he has he should never age - like Lemieux and Gretzky he should never have to retire

Lesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 04:31 PM
OriginJM
watch out im smart

im serious

keep jagr here forever

retire his jersey in philly

carve sculptures of him, one in wood, one in marble and one in diamond

and one in ice that is 20 feet tall and must be on the center face off circle at every home game

forever

OriginJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 04:56 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Al Alven (a Flyers writer) said on Facebook that Jagr has agreed on a one-year deal with the Flyers for 3 million

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 04:58 PM
tuckrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by PycckuuRocket10 View Post
Al Alven (a Flyers writer) said on Facebook that Jagr has agreed on a one-year deal with the Flyers for 3 million
BANANAS!!

Old
06-08-2012, 05:28 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckrr View Post
BANANAS!!

Up next: Shelley and MFL get contract extensions!

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 05:29 PM
jagrgodr

oh shi... i hope it's true! I must admit Jagr in the orange and black is quite beautiful and i would look forward to another year of the fun flyers!

Last edited by jagrgodr: 06-08-2012 at 05:41 PM.
jagrgodr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 05:39 PM
tuckrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
Up next: Shelley and MFL get contract extensions!

Food for the troll.

Old
06-08-2012, 05:41 PM
DeflatedFootball7

Quote:
Originally Posted by PycckuuRocket10 View Post
Small discount. Makes me much happier! Welcome back!

DeflatedFootball7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 05:44 PM
flyersguy33*

overpayment

flyersguy33* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 05:50 PM
tuckrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slap Happy View Post
overpayment
he should've signed for free.

you realize jody shelley makes 1.3 million dollars? (not that its a good deal...but THAT is what an overpayment is)

check the trades/rumors board and see how other teams react. He could've got much more.

Old
06-08-2012, 06:03 PM
flyersguy33*

Quote:
he should've signed for free.

you realize jody shelley makes 1.3 million dollars? (not that its a good deal...but THAT is what an overpayment is)

check the trades/rumors board and see how other teams react. He could've got much more.
its overpayment, plain and simple

Old
06-08-2012, 06:04 PM
tuckrr

Quote:
its overpayment, plain and simple
you're right

Old
06-08-2012, 06:05 PM
flyersguy33*

Quote:
you're right
not by that much, but he definitely slowed down at the end of the season.

Old
06-08-2012, 06:09 PM
tuckrr

Quote:
not by that much, but he definitely slowed down at the end of the season.
no no, you convinced me with your sound logic. 8pts in 11 games is terrible.

Old
06-08-2012, 06:11 PM
flyersguy33*

Quote:
no no, you convinced me with your sound logic.
4 goals in his last 34 games. He slowed down a lot down the stretch. Hes another year older. People around here were complaining about how bad he was down the stretch. Sure its nice to have him, and I like him as a Flyer, but a lower cap hit would have been great

Old
06-08-2012, 06:12 PM
jd2210
Registered Non User

I'm fine either way. He can teach the youngsters a thing or two if he is here (like say how to condition) and if he isn't here I'd be excited to see a young guy in his role.

jd2210 is offline   Reply With Quote