HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers interested in Justin Schultz as a free agent

Closed Thread

Old
06-08-2012, 06:57 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
If true, it's likely Toronto.
Or Edmonton, or Vancouver

Old
06-08-2012, 07:07 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

vCash: 500
McKenzie would have no way of having information on it.

Teams can't talk to Schultz yet.

The only way anyone could have info at this point is if they got it from Schultz's mouth, so unless Bob spoke with Justin Schultz, he's just giving his own personal Canadian opinion. Means absolutely nothing, just like him thinking the Rangers have no real interest in Radulov.

Old
06-08-2012, 07:17 PM
LordsCup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
McKenzie would have no way of having information on it.

Teams can't talk to Schultz yet.

The only way anyone could have info at this point is if they got it from Schultz's mouth, so unless Bob spoke with Justin Schultz, he's just giving his own personal Canadian opinion. Means absolutely nothing, just like him thinking the Rangers have no real interest in Radulov.
All sgns point to ducks filing a grievance against the team who gets him, someone has been talking..

Old
06-08-2012, 07:26 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

I saw McKenzie's tweet last night

Quote:
No real insight but I wouldn't be surprised if it's a Canadian team.
http://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/st...78906213994496

This is a kid who went the US college route instead of going the CHL route. All of his Wisconsin buddies are Americans. He doesn't seem to wrapped up in the Canadian flag.

McKenzie doesn't know what Schultz will do.

Old
06-08-2012, 07:34 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
I saw McKenzie's tweet last night

http://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/st...78906213994496

This is a kid who went the US college route instead of going the CHL route. All of his Wisconsin buddies are Americans. He doesn't seem to wrapped up in the Canadian flag.

McKenzie doesn't know what Schultz will do.
Good point.

Schultz likely already knows where he wants to go. Besides his family, only people who he's probably told is his agent.

Old
06-08-2012, 07:35 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordsCup View Post
From articles and comments, its very known that the kid already knows where he is going and will sign with that team in July 1st.

McKenzie is saying he thinks he is going to a Canadian team. Bob has better resources then most in the hockey world. Obviously something has leaked out that he is going to Toronto (or somewhere else).

I think at this point its very far fetched to think he will be a Ranger. Despite him being friends with Stepan and McD.
Wait a minute. Didn't you write Schultz was going to be a Ranger on May 28? You have a close friend who knows Schultz.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...=#post50252817

Old
06-08-2012, 07:38 PM
LordsCup*

Quote:
Wait a minute. Didn't you write Schultz was going to be a Ranger on May 28? You have a close friend who knows Schultz.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...=#post50252817
Just was trying to shut the fans up who were convinced schultz was signing with the leafs, nothing more

I didnt post that here.

Old
06-08-2012, 07:38 PM
NewYorkRangers89*

Lots of Schultz love on this board, incredible.

Old
06-08-2012, 07:49 PM
LordsCup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRangers89 View Post
Lots of Schultz love on this board, incredible.
He's a hell of a prospect.

Whichever team lands him will be very lucky.

Old
06-08-2012, 07:54 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Brooks wrote the Rangers "will be all in" on Schultz. How many teams will offer MAX first round pick overall bonus money? Burke has too many principles in that head of his to make that offer. EDM already has 2 players with $2,850,000 in MAX bonuses. Yakupov or whoever they take will get MAX bonus money as #1 overall. VAN has not given major bonus money under Mike Gillis. Those are the 3 Canadian teams mentioned.

If the Rangers want the player bad enough,they will offer him the money. They will have a roster spot for him to win.

Old
06-08-2012, 08:34 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

There's no way Sather, Gorton, or Clark are stupid enough to tamper.

McDonagh and Stepan can casually talk to who ever they want. Players can't talk to each other?

Spilt milk, sour grapes.

This isn't like Radulov who skipped out while under contract. Schultz is exercising his right to go to free agency. Just like any other free agent.

Old
06-09-2012, 11:13 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Badgers’ blue-liner Justin Schultz, who looks like he’ll become a free agent unless he signs with Anaheim in the next couple of weeks, is considered by many the best pickup available this summer after Zach Parise and defenceman Ryan Suter.

“The thing about Justin is, on a day-to-day basis, he’s wired to be the hardest working player out there in practice,” said Eaves, who is also visiting his father Cec who still lives in Windsor.

“He’s flying every drill, jersey flapping. He’s also a competitive kid.

“He’s an overachiever, but one with great skill. He’s has a good chance to be a good NHL player.”
Quote:
Since Eaves and his staff assumed command at his alma mater in 2002, Wisconsin has seen the likes of Suter, Brendan Smith, Ryan McDonagh and Jake Gardiner pass through Madison.

“Obviously, we have attracted some talented young men, but they’ve had good people to work with,” Eaves said. “We have good position coaches.
http://www.windsorstar.com/sports/Wi...492/story.html

Jake Gardiner told Schultz he needed a 3rd year of college hockey if he wanted to play in the NHL. Gardiner left after his junior year in 2011. Schultz needed to get bigger and stronger. You know Gardiner spoke to McDonagh and Brendan Smith about staying in school for 3 years. Gardiner considered leaving Wisconsin when McDonagh left but he stayed the extra year. McD and Gardiner share the same agent(Ben Hankinson) and were D partners for 2 years.

Old
06-09-2012, 05:03 PM
azrok22

Quotes by the Ducks GM posted on the Trade Board (quotes originally from Emerald Duck):

Quote:
"I met with Justin in Chicago on Dec 16 during the first period of our game with the Blawkhawks. During the intermission I told Justin he could join our club for the final ten games of the season. Justin's reply, "I can't wait".
Quote:
"It now appears Schultz wants the opportunity to talk with the other 29 clubs on July 1st. It is his right, but it seems that he feels he's too good for our organization." Turning to Getzlaf he says, "Remember that, Getzy!".
Hopefully the hate convinces Schultz that he shouldn't sign in the Western Conference.

Old
06-10-2012, 06:23 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Should the Rangers sign impending Wisconsin free-agent defenseman Justin Schultz (and no one is suggesting they are front-runners, much less a lock), that’s the day Michael Del Zotto eminently would become more of a trade chip.
Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...#ixzz1xNux7H9q

Old
06-10-2012, 06:29 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

$2,850,000 is the maximum amount of bonus money allowed. The Rangers should give it to Schultz.

Old
06-10-2012, 07:28 AM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
I understand that adding Schultz adds morw depth and offense, but I don't understand why adding a RD makes the Rangers more likely to deal a LD.

Old
06-10-2012, 07:32 AM
azrok22

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
I understand that adding Schultz adds morw depth and offense, but I don't understand why adding a RD makes the Rangers more likely to deal a LD.
Well, MDZ did spend a decent amount of time playing the right side at the end of the season. Assuming MDZ is only a LD going forward, if Erixon pushes for a spot out of camp, MDZ is the most likely to be moved, because he has a lot more trade value than Erixon, and McDonagh and Staal are a lot more important pieces, imo.

Of course, I'd prefer to just sign Parise so we aren't under pressure to move guys for scoring help.

Old
06-10-2012, 09:04 AM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

Quote:
I would love to get my hands on Ryan Getzlaf

Old
06-10-2012, 09:21 AM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregSirico View Post
I would love to get my hands on Ryan Getzlaf
I'd rabid punch my own grandma to get him

Old
06-10-2012, 09:23 AM
we want the cup 94

who wouldnt want Ryan Getzlaf.... the only thing is if you think the BJs ransom for Nash is alot .. lol The Ducks for Getzlaf will be just as much or more . Krieder Step AA Miller 1st and 2nd easyyyy . Now if you Take out Kreids and Step ... Add Dubi 2 more prospects Im all for it

Old
06-10-2012, 09:32 AM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want the cup 94 View Post
who wouldnt want Ryan Getzlaf.... the only thing is if you think the BJs ransom for Nash is alot .. lol The Ducks for Getzlaf will be just as much or more . Krieder Step AA Miller 1st and 2nd easyyyy . Now if you Take out Kreids and Step ... Add Dubi 2 more prospects Im all for it
Ryan had a bad year ... I actually think his value is down, might not be as hard to grab as you think ... also poised for a huge bounce back year.

Old
06-10-2012, 10:19 AM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

How would you rank the three players, Perry, Getzlaf and Ryan?

Old
06-10-2012, 11:04 AM
broadwayblue

* Though general managers expressed near universal distaste for the current choked-up state of the game, in which more and more teams pack their defensive zones inside out while adopting shot-blocking as a primary focus, there apparently is no appetite for adopting the “no sliding” rule that would eliminate much of the problem.
Imagine if the NBA allowed its players to kick their legs out to block passes, or if the NFL allowed defenders to face-guard receivers. That’s the NHL not only allowing guys to slide in front of shots, but encouraging it.

What? Why not compare a sport where the play actually takes place on the ground as opposed to the air??? Last time I checked nobody ever had a problem with sliding in soccer.

Old
06-10-2012, 11:06 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Line Grinder View Post
I'd rabid punch my own grandma to get him
How does that compare to a rabbit punch? Do you need to use a dog with rabies?

Old
06-10-2012, 11:07 AM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
* Though general managers expressed near universal distaste for the current choked-up state of the game, in which more and more teams pack their defensive zones inside out while adopting shot-blocking as a primary focus, there apparently is no appetite for adopting the “no sliding” rule that would eliminate much of the problem.
Imagine if the NBA allowed its players to kick their legs out to block passes, or if the NFL allowed defenders to face-guard receivers. That’s the NHL not only allowing guys to slide in front of shots, but encouraging it.

What? Why not compare a sport where the play actually takes place on the ground as opposed to the air??? Last time I checked nobody ever had a problem with sliding in soccer.
A "no sliding" rule would be completely moronic.

Who proposed this?

Closed Thread