HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2012 NHL Entry Draft Talk Part 16 : One week left!

Closed Thread

Old
06-08-2012, 06:09 PM
JustAHabFan

vCash: 500
I don't know why everybody is so high on Murray. IMHO, the best defenseman in this draft is going to be either Dumba or Rielly.

Old
06-08-2012, 06:16 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Oh you mean the draft he was miked up for,where he asked Ottawa's GM who's your guy?and Murray replied Kadri and Burke says that's who we're taking.Yeah I remember like it was five minutes ago.Here it is 4 years later and Ottawa's pick is the big stay-at-home defenceman Burke loves,succeeding and Kadri looks like he may be a bust.A lot of bad decisions Burke has made and toes he has stepped on with his boisterous flamboyant actions.Never mind signing Komisarek and a few of the moves he criticized Kevin Lowe for when he was suckered into signing Penner.Burke should have thanked Lowe for taking Penner live and learn, I should say in his case listen and learn.It seems now the pressure the Schenn boys were thrust into has done nothing good for their careers,lets hope for Luke he goes to Columbus where he can be away from the spotlight and thrive.Even though that could mean them switching draft positions,they certainly did their part for Canada.
This was 2010 I believe. I remember that, too, though. That was great.

Old
06-08-2012, 06:20 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
I don't know why everybody is so high on Murray. IMHO, the best defenseman in this draft is going to be either Dumba or Rielly.
Murray is underrated much like Coutourier last year. He's so good defensively that people tend to think he doesn't have the offensive upside. And he definitely does.

Old
06-08-2012, 06:21 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
I have it as;

Dumba
Murray
Rielly
Trouba
Reinhart

Some will argue that Murray is better all-around than Dumba, where as Dumba is the sexier pick because of his offensive flair and smoother skating.

Old
06-08-2012, 06:21 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
I have it as;

Dumba
Murray
Rielly
Trouba
Reinhart

Some will argue that Murray is better all-around than Dumba, where as Dumba is the sexier pick because of his offensive flair and smoother skating.
Bone crushing hits.

Old
06-08-2012, 06:22 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
I have it as;

Dumba
Murray
Rielly
Trouba
Reinhart

Dumba brings a phyical element that Murray doesn't. But otherwise Murrays skillset is right there with Dumbas, he just doesn't show it off as much (skating, shot).

Old
06-08-2012, 06:27 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
In relation to the best D man for the Habs..

Dumba
Rielly
Trouba
Murray
Reinhart

Old
06-08-2012, 06:34 PM
getyourselfsomerest

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Oh you mean the draft he was miked up for,where he asked Ottawa's GM who's your guy?and Murray replied Kadri and Burke says that's who we're taking.Yeah I remember like it was five minutes ago.Here it is 4 years later and Ottawa's pick is the big stay-at-home defenceman Burke loves,succeeding and Kadri looks like he may be a bust.A lot of bad decisions Burke has made and toes he has stepped on with his boisterous flamboyant actions.Never mind signing Komisarek and a few of the moves he criticized Kevin Lowe for when he was suckered into signing Penner.Burke should have thanked Lowe for taking Penner live and learn, I should say in his case listen and learn.It seems now the pressure the Schenn boys were thrust into has done nothing good for their careers,lets hope for Luke he goes to Columbus where he can be away from the spotlight and thrive.Even though that could mean them switching draft positions,they certainly did their part for Canada.
Ok well first of all how is he a "bust"?? He's been progressing nicely and is a much much better two-way player now than he was 3 years ago thanks to the Marlies coaching staff. Unfortunately we haven't seen that at the NHL level, but then again, we had Ron Wilson. Besides, if we had picked Cowen we'd all be talking about the Leafs having another big, slow Dman. He wasn't stepping on toes.

Second, Burke said that because they were considering trading down. He didn't say that just to say "yeah **** you, guess who you won't pick at 9th b****", they considered trading down with Ottawa but only if Kadri was going to be available there. Murray said they wanted Kadri, Burke said we're gonna take him 7th overall.

Old
06-08-2012, 06:37 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by getyourselfsomerest View Post
sorry, that's not happening. I mean, Burke can be pretty wacky, but that's like JFJ wacky. in 2008 Cliff Fletcher moved up from 7th to 5th using a 2nd and a 3rd. Now obviously trying to move up within the top 5 will cost more, but it won't cost Gardiner, Schenn, or Kadri. IMO the most it would take would be our a 2012/2013 2nd, and a prospect like Percy, Biggs, or Blacker. But I could be wrong, I guess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I tell Islanders, I am taking Murray. Ask if they wanna pay the pick.

If they do, we move down, take Forsberg or TT.
If they dont, we stay put, and take Forsberg or TT.
My thoughts were let the NYIers tell you they want the 3rd to draft a defenceman,say OK for their 4th and 2nd & 3rd round picks.Then talk to Toronto they want Grigs, ask again for their 5th and 2nd & 3rd round picks.Now each team gets their pick Montreal gets Forsberg and #33,#34,#35 & #50 and #64,#65,#66 thus being a really fine draft.

Last edited by S Bah: 06-08-2012 at 06:45 PM.
Old
06-08-2012, 06:39 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
Dumba brings a phyical element that Murray doesn't. But otherwise Murrays skillset is right there with Dumbas, he just doesn't show it off as much (skating, shot).
Yup, was forgetting his physical side. I still think Murray will go ahead of Dumba though. Closer to becoming the complete package that NHL teams look for in a 1st pairing defenseman.

Quote:

Dumba
Rielly
Trouba
Murray
Reinhart
I'd have Murray before Trouba, but otherwise that's what I hope Montreal would see if they had a defenseman in mind.

Old
06-08-2012, 06:53 PM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Why would adding a bust make the offer any more attractive?
When did Biggs become a bust?

Old
06-08-2012, 07:07 PM
bsl

Quote:

You'd last long as a gm

Old
06-08-2012, 07:13 PM
BLASPHEMOUS
**** the King

vCash: 447
Quote:

Dumba
Rielly
Trouba
Murray
Reinhart
I actually think Dumba would be last amongst the five, since I find his game seems similar enough to Subban's. I prefer diversity in my defense, so while Dumba could be the best prospect of the bunch, and I do think he's got a high ceiling, I feel he is the least needed based on the current unit's makeup.

Old
06-08-2012, 07:57 PM
WeThreeKings

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotProkofievian View Post
When did Biggs become a bust?
The moment he was drafted in the 1st round.

Absolutely no offensive potential.

Old
06-08-2012, 07:58 PM
WeThreeKings

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
You'd last long as a gm
Gauthier was a GM for a couple years. I could pull dumb **** off all day long and still put this franchise in a better position than him.

Old
06-08-2012, 08:07 PM
Not a Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverAlone View Post
5th and 35th pick for our 3rd pick

Edit: I'm sure that's what they'll offer
I'd do it if I were sure that the player we're targeting would still be there at number 5 (or 6 or 7). However, unless he is planning to go way off the board, Timmins has no way of knowing that the player he is targeting at number 3 will still be available at # 4, 5, 6, or 7. A good example of that is the 2005 draft where presumingly he could've traded down and still got his player. He didn't because he had Price rated very high and the risk of losing him was higher than the organization was willing to accept.

Old
06-08-2012, 08:15 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:

And you would look like someone who belongs on a hockey forum.

Old
06-08-2012, 08:22 PM
Takashi

Quote:
Gauthier was a GM for a couple years. I could pull dumb **** off all day long and still put this franchise in a better position than him.
True story

Old
06-08-2012, 08:32 PM
S Bah

Quote:
I have it as;

Dumba
Murray
Rielly
Trouba
Reinhart

Quote:

Dumba
Rielly
Trouba
Murray
Reinhart
Dumba,Reilly,Ceci offensively,Murray,Rinehart,Trouba defensively.Their all going to be 1st pairing defencemen IMHO.Ceci may be the best all round in the end.Dumba surely has the look of a special D-man possibly Norris.Murray obviously is the best pick by what the pros say and most likely to be a Norris candidate.

Last edited by S Bah: 06-09-2012 at 03:46 AM.
Old
06-08-2012, 09:28 PM
Galchenyuk4habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunners14henry View Post
Had a really vivid dream last night that the habs drafted reinhart at #3 last night
Haha dude that would be an interesting scenario. 6'4 defenceman in a habs uniform(for once). Although that would be very unlikely as Dumba and Murray are probably better than him, that is if we draft a defenceman which would be a mistake IMO.

Old
06-08-2012, 09:34 PM
gunners14henry

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecrazygene View Post
Haha dude that would be an interesting scenario. 6'4 defenceman in a habs uniform(for once). Although that would be very unlikely as Dumba and Murray are probably better than him, that is if we draft a defenceman which would be a mistake IMO.
Lol trust me, I really hope they don't. I want them to draft a forward at #3. As soon a Timmins announced the pick I woke up sweating like crazy.

Old
06-08-2012, 10:12 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
I am thinking that Jankowski is a surefire Hab pick if available at 33. This has Timmins written all over it.

Old
06-08-2012, 10:19 PM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise from the Ashes View Post
I am thinking that Jankowski is a surefire Hab pick if available at 33. This has Timmins written all over it.
At 33rd overall, I hope that we'll pick Stefan Matteau. American that can speak Québécois and will develop well in the Q next year under his father's direction.

Old
06-08-2012, 10:49 PM
NotProkofievian

Would love Bozon with the 33rd.

Old
06-08-2012, 11:26 PM
brunosevigny

Guys I would like with the 1st (in order): Yakupov, Grigorenko, Galchenyuk, Forsberg, Murray

Guys I'd like with the 2nd (in order): Hertl, Kerdiles, Thrower, Matteau, Samuelsson, Bozon, Matheson, Frk.

Guys I'd like with NSH 2nd: Any of the previous, Dansk or Subban, Di Giuseppe, Nieves, Jankovski, Gemel Smith, Sutter, Schmaltz, Pearson,

These are all players I like on a personnal basis, but still I trust the Timmins and his team.

Closed Thread