HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Official MLB Thread - Part VI (Summer In Da' City)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-07-2012, 10:13 PM
  #51
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 18,611
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Actually, I think once the Mets rid themselves of Bay, Duda moves to LF.
Yeah definitely, but if Ike didn't exist Duda would definitely be a 1st baseman. When Ike plays like he can you have no choice but to put Duda in the OF, but it's painfully apparent that Ike needs to go down and work out his kinks for a while.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline  
Old
06-07-2012, 11:11 PM
  #52
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: Germany
Posts: 33,336
vCash: 500
We really sucked this game. Turns out the highlight of the night was a damn rainbow.


Machinehead is offline  
Old
06-08-2012, 07:56 AM
  #53
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 13,020
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Don't know much about him but do you think there's a chance he starts out in the rookie league or A ball this year? Would love to check him out in Brooklyn.
Someone at MetsRefugees said he's headed to Kingsport.

jas is offline  
Old
06-08-2012, 01:37 PM
  #54
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck
 
NYRFAN218's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 11,828
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Someone at MetsRefugees said he's headed to Kingsport.
Yup, just saw that. I imagine he spends the year down there and then starts out at Savannah next year. Oh well.

__________________
http://hfboards.com/image.php?u=53946&type=sigpic&dateline=1320361610
NYRFAN218 is offline  
Old
06-08-2012, 01:38 PM
  #55
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck
 
NYRFAN218's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 11,828
vCash: 500
Subway Series starts tonight. I'll be heading up to the Bronx for the game and sitting somewhere in the 400's.

NYRFAN218 is offline  
Old
06-08-2012, 03:23 PM
  #56
savebyrichter35
Registered User
 
savebyrichter35's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 401
vCash: 500
Not sure if anyone is into college baseball but we got some locals in the super regionals. Stony Brook is in a rain delay, tied at 4 in the top of the 12th. Stony Brook had a 1 run lead in the 9th, 10th, and 11th innings but LSU tied the game with a home run in the bottom half of each inning. And as the resident St. John's fanboy, they're currently up 5-1 against Arizona in the top of the 5th. Johnnies first ever trip to the super regionals. Also had 5 draft picks this year, 4 in the top 6 rounds. Let's go Seawolves and lets go Johnnies!!

savebyrichter35 is offline  
Old
06-08-2012, 03:29 PM
  #57
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15
 
BlueShirts88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,333
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
Just ordered an Mets fan-walk engraved brick to be installed at Citi Field in 2013! I got it discounted 75%.

(And yes -- I'm pathetic and wrote "Lets go Rangers" on it haha)

__________________
"Matteau! Matteau! Matteau!"~H. Rose
BlueShirts88 is online now  
Old
06-08-2012, 04:05 PM
  #58
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers
 
Ih8theislanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bronx,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 13,413
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by savebyrichter35 View Post
Not sure if anyone is into college baseball but we got some locals in the super regionals. Stony Brook is in a rain delay, tied at 4 in the top of the 12th. Stony Brook had a 1 run lead in the 9th, 10th, and 11th innings but LSU tied the game with a home run in the bottom half of each inning. And as the resident St. John's fanboy, they're currently up 5-1 against Arizona in the top of the 5th. Johnnies first ever trip to the super regionals. Also had 5 draft picks this year, 4 in the top 6 rounds. Let's go Seawolves and lets go Johnnies!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
Just ordered an Mets fan-walk engraved brick to be installed at Citi Field in 2013! I got it discounted 75%.

(And yes -- I'm pathetic and wrote "Lets go Rangers" on it haha)
How much that run you?

Ih8theislanders is online now  
Old
06-08-2012, 07:02 PM
  #59
Blueshirt Believer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,378
vCash: 500
Well Santana follows up one of the best games of his career with one of his worst. The Yankees are hammering him. He is completely off tonight.

Blueshirt Believer is offline  
Old
06-08-2012, 07:18 PM
  #60
we want cup
We do not Sow
 
we want cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 10,640
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
Well Santana follows up one of the best games of his career with one of his worst. The Yankees are hammering him. He is completely off tonight.
I didn't realize the home run derby was on today.

__________________

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline  
Old
06-08-2012, 07:28 PM
  #61
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 18,611
vCash: 500
Awful.

Swisher's douchey celebration has set the tone for this game. I'm just in an awful mood.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline  
Old
06-08-2012, 07:52 PM
  #62
Blueshirt Believer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,378
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Awful.

Swisher's douchey celebration has set the tone for this game. I'm just in an awful mood.
Agreed, Yankee's clubhouse is full of a bunch of grand standing a holes. But then again, Santana did it to himself.

I guess what goes around comes around. I remember the viva pinata celebrations in their dugout when Reyes was here.

Blueshirt Believer is offline  
Old
06-08-2012, 09:17 PM
  #63
30theking
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 688
vCash: 500
kuroda looked very sharp. it would be nice if he could pitch more consistently like that.

30theking is offline  
Old
06-08-2012, 09:38 PM
  #64
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo
 
BroadwayBlues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 7,860
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Awful.

Swisher's douchey celebration has set the tone for this game. I'm just in an awful mood.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
Agreed, Yankee's clubhouse is full of a bunch of grand standing a holes. But then again, Santana did it to himself.

I guess what goes around comes around. I remember the viva pinata celebrations in their dugout when Reyes was here.
Y'all mad? lol

BroadwayBlues is offline  
Old
06-08-2012, 10:07 PM
  #65
BigDaddyNYR
Calgary Flames GM
 
BigDaddyNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Hartford
Posts: 545
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
Y'all mad? lol
Yeah, because Swisher is a ****** BAG whose done absolute **** in his career, and ***** HIS PANTS WHEN THE GAMES ACTUALLY MATTERS.

You see I'm fine with what Cano does, because he's a star, and with that gives him the right to many things.

But Swisher is the biggest ****** BAG in the whole entire league.

He was celebrating like he just cured cancer. It was a disgrace to the sport and to the Yankees.

You go Swisher!!! Hitting .256 in the regular season then boosting it up to your clutch postseason at a remarkable .046 average!!!! your a god!

BigDaddyNYR is offline  
Old
06-08-2012, 10:09 PM
  #66
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: Germany
Posts: 33,336
vCash: 500
The Yankees are one of those teams that will either win any game or lose any game depending on certain factors. Sometimes they don't hit the homers, sometimes they do. Sometimes it's good Kuroda, sometimes it's bad Kuroda.

When Kuroda and the power game are going at the same time, forget it, it's over.

People ripping on Swisher need to lighten up and have a beer

Machinehead is offline  
Old
06-08-2012, 10:11 PM
  #67
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck
 
NYRFAN218's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 11,828
vCash: 500
What exactly did Swisher do? Didn't catch it.

As for the Mets, just a bad game all around. Throw it out and get back at it tomorrow.

NYRFAN218 is offline  
Old
06-08-2012, 10:12 PM
  #68
30theking
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 688
vCash: 500
swisher does annoy me with his antics sometimes, especially in the outfield where sometimes he his flopping and diving all over the place when he tries to make a catch or stop the ball from going by him. its like an adventure out there with him he either makes a great play or a boneheaded one.

30theking is offline  
Old
06-08-2012, 10:28 PM
  #69
Blueshirt Believer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,378
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
Y'all mad? lol
Not really, its one baseball game. I'm just calling it like I see it.

Blueshirt Believer is offline  
Old
06-08-2012, 10:33 PM
  #70
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 18,611
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
The Yankees are one of those teams that will either win any game or lose any game depending on certain factors. Sometimes they don't hit the homers, sometimes they do. Sometimes it's good Kuroda, sometimes it's bad Kuroda.

When Kuroda and the power game are going at the same time, forget it, it's over.

People ripping on Swisher need to lighten up and have a beer
It's one thing to celebrate.

It's another thing to run around screaming and going nuts when you're already up by 5 runs.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline  
Old
06-08-2012, 10:37 PM
  #71
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: Germany
Posts: 33,336
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
It's one thing to celebrate.

It's another thing to run around screaming and going nuts when you're already up by 5 runs.
He's having fun. I think it's great, the Yankees are too frumpy sometimes if you ask me.

It shouldn't be taken as an insult. It wasn't an in your face grand-standing kind of celebration. He was fired up and enjoying himself.

Machinehead is offline  
Old
06-08-2012, 11:11 PM
  #72
Blueshirt Believer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,378
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
He's having fun. I think it's great, the Yankees are too frumpy sometimes if you ask me.

It shouldn't be taken as an insult. It wasn't an in your face grand-standing kind of celebration. He was fired up and enjoying himself.
Oh yes it was.

If it was game winning run, than I would have had no problem with it. But when are up in a game and display such a unnecessary level of enthusiasm, it comes off as douchey. Context is everything.

I mean Cano scored two Home runs, he didn't lose his crap running the bases.

Having fun is smiling and giving high fives in your dug out. Not acting like you just won the world series in 13th inning when its the top of third and your up five runs.

Blueshirt Believer is offline  
Old
06-08-2012, 11:18 PM
  #73
Blueshirt Believer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,378
vCash: 500
I also give Terry Collins a ton of credit in his post game. He took full responsibility for Santana's performance.

Talk about protecting your players from the media. Collins is a hell of a manager imo.

Blueshirt Believer is offline  
Old
06-08-2012, 11:23 PM
  #74
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 19,813
vCash: 500


Haters gonna hate.

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?co...py_7133081&v=3

Inferno is offline  
Old
06-08-2012, 11:33 PM
  #75
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,017
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyNYR View Post
Yeah, because Swisher is a ****** BAG whose done absolute **** in his career, and ***** HIS PANTS WHEN THE GAMES ACTUALLY MATTERS.

You see I'm fine with what Cano does, because he's a star, and with that gives him the right to many things.

But Swisher is the biggest ****** BAG in the whole entire league.

He was celebrating like he just cured cancer. It was a disgrace to the sport and to the Yankees.

You go Swisher!!! Hitting .256 in the regular season then boosting it up to your clutch postseason at a remarkable .046 average!!!! your a god!


Dey see him trollin, they hatin

Silence Of The Plams is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:07 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.