HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

NJ - Sat night -> who wants to go?

Old
06-08-2012, 01:34 AM
Wildturkey12
Do It!

vCash: 2400
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
Lol. Teterboro is a private airport. Probably not happening unless you plan on commissioning a Learjet.
Ah, I was not aware of that. My wife has flown in there a few times from Philly, I didnt realize it was a private airport.

Wildturkey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 03:43 AM
simonsez

vCash: 500
Mods should remove post #13 - we should not be facilitating any shenanigans at the hotel by NJ fans reading this.

I'm sure the poster had good intentions, but man that's just bad form.

simonsez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 06:20 AM
TROLLPOSO

This is going to be a long 36 hours for me.

Any thoughts on a meet up spot? At a local bar? At Championship Plaza? I haven't been to the Rock before so I am not familiar with the best areas to meet.

This has some more info on the surrounding area - http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1149795

TROLLPOSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 08:02 AM
driller1
Dry Island Reject

I still have a random single ticket if anyone wants to go, just shoot me a PM and I'll make the price competitive with Stubhub.

driller1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 11:30 AM
dbbourn

vCash: 50
Just got back from the expensive trip to LA for game 4. Trying to convice my wife to get back to the Prudential Center. Her budget for me is $200/ticket.

Crowd was awesome at Staples! Thanks to all that were there. Made my trip well worth it despite the loss.

I have confirmation where the Kings are staying. Same place as last time they were here. NJ fans know where this is, most teams stay there.

dbbourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 11:38 AM
null33

void

Last edited by null33: 06-08-2012 at 04:15 PM.
null33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 12:18 PM
kMa7z1

Section 17 Row 7 here! There will be four of us. GKG!

kMa7z1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 12:40 PM
kMa7z1

Do you think the team will be flying back Saturday night or do you think they will fly back Sunday?

kMa7z1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 01:33 PM
TROLLPOSO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kMa7z1 View Post
Do you think the team will be flying back Saturday night or do you think they will fly back Sunday?
Probably depends on if they need to fly back for a game or not.

Hopefully they will be enjoying the tri-state area for several hours afterwards.

Old
06-08-2012, 01:44 PM
driller1
Dry Island Reject

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strometrooper View Post
Probably depends on if they need to fly back for a game or not.

Hopefully they will be enjoying the tri-state area for several hours afterwards.
Maybe Richards and Carter will drive an 75 mins to the south and show Philly what a Cup looks like

Old
06-08-2012, 01:55 PM
lumbergh

Bringing the wife all the way from Richmond VA! Section 132.

lumbergh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 01:56 PM
KoopsKings

Just bought 2 tickets off stubhub... $250 each row 2, section 116. Anyone know where we should stay?? I heard maybe it's better to stay in New york, and not Newark.

KoopsKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 02:09 PM
driller1
Dry Island Reject

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoopsKings View Post
Just bought 2 tickets off stubhub... $250 each row 2, section 116. Anyone know where we should stay?? I heard maybe it's better to stay in New york, and not Newark.
Definitely, especially if you plan on hanging out Sun morning before leaving for home. If you are driving (not recommended), ditch the car and use public transportation. Park once in Manhattan and leave it there- parking tends to be expensive ($40-$50 / day). You don't want to move your car multiple times.

Old
06-08-2012, 02:09 PM
simonsez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars H View Post
Oh shush.

Hammond posted the photo of the view out of his hotel window last week. His view included a well known local landmark -- the Short Hills Mall. Any New Jersey locals happening upon Hammond's site would have recognized it and soon figured out which hotel it was taken from ('cause there aren't any others around).

Further, staff at the hotel noted to guests (not to me, but to others in my group), that it was used by the Florida Panthers during their first round series and that the Kings would be there for the final, should the Devils beat the Rangers.

Long story short. It's not a well kept secret, especially where it matters.
Have you ever seen Hammond give their hotel by name? No? There's a reason. Sure people may be able to figure it out, but there's no reason to make it easier for them. If the Kings wanted to be bothered by fans at their hotel, they would release that info themselves.

simonsez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 02:12 PM
KoopsKings

Quote:
Originally Posted by driller1 View Post
Definitely, especially if you plan on hanging out Sun morning before leaving for home. If you are driving (not recommended), ditch the car and use public transportation. Park once in Manhattan and leave it there- parking tends to be expensive ($40-$50 / day). You don't want to move your car multiple times.
Alright thanks, I'll look into manhattan hotels.

KoopsKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 02:18 PM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonsez View Post
Have you ever seen Hammond give their hotel by name? No? There's a reason. Sure people may be able to figure it out, but there's no reason to make it easier for them. If the Kings wanted to be bothered by fans at their hotel, they would release that info themselves.
I use to work at a hotel in ALberta where NHL teams stay(one being the kings), and there are alot of confidentiality agreements the hotel must agree to. If the hotel in New Jersey is not doing this chances are the teams will not be staying there next year.
It's a pretty cool process to get a teams contract. For the hotel I worked at our GM and a sales manager go to the draft to meet up with the team's travel planners.

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 03:39 PM
backhander

I'll be there. Sat in Section 17 for two and am sitting in Section 6 tomorrow. Go Kings and props to all the fans that fly out for the game(s). You all rock!!

backhander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 09:50 PM
driller1
Dry Island Reject

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strometrooper View Post
This is going to be a long 36 hours for me.

Any thoughts on a meet up spot? At a local bar? At Championship Plaza? I haven't been to the Rock before so I am not familiar with the best areas to meet.

This has some more info on the surrounding area - http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1149795
I plan on showing up around 630pm. I want to soak up the atmosphere and grab a few brews. If someone wants to pick a bar for pre-game, I'm in! I've never been to the Rock, so I wouldn't know which bars to stay away from.

Old
06-08-2012, 10:43 PM
T308
HFBoards Sponsor

Everyone coloring up for this game? Twenty years ago I got the crap kicked out of me by Isle supporters at Nassau. At age 50 I'm a little more cautious.

T308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 10:58 PM
driller1
Dry Island Reject

Quote:
Originally Posted by T308 View Post
Everyone coloring up for this game? Twenty years ago I got the crap kicked out of me by Isle supporters at Nassau. At age 50 I'm a little more cautious.
I'll wear a Kings shirt, but nothing too obnoxious- I'm flying solo. No flags, no posters, no extra noise makers.

Anyone know if the Devils have a service where you can send a text to security if anyone in your section hassles you?

Old
06-09-2012, 12:38 AM
Hesdeadjim

I don't post often. But I got into Newark around 11:30p EST. Still can't get to sleep. I'll be in section 17.
Go Kings!

Hesdeadjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 06:06 AM
Gutterthegreat

Long time Flyers season ticket holder here and with the amount of ex-Flyers with the Kings and the fact to see the Stanley Cup raised is a strong possibility I have to be at the game. I'm in Section 214 and will be wearing a Roenick USA jersey.

Gutterthegreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 07:22 AM
TROLLPOSO

Quote:
Originally Posted by T308 View Post
By Isles fans???? Really??? For Kings colors? I can't imagine it happening in this day and age. Guess that's what happens to a franchise beat down by Milbury, Spano, and Wang since that time.

I will be wearing my Black and Purple Kings jersey.

Old
06-09-2012, 07:39 AM
Lou's Koolaid
I live here

vCash: 50
Quote:
I'll wear a Kings shirt, but nothing too obnoxious- I'm flying solo. No flags, no posters, no extra noise makers.

Anyone know if the Devils have a service where you can send a text to security if anyone in your section hassles you?
You guys will be just fine. We like you.

Lou's Koolaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 08:19 AM
nocturn

Quote:

You should be fine. Ive been to 4 or 5 Kings/Devs games over the years and wore Kings gear with no problems.

...but Philly on the other hand...I had a yard of Black Cherry beer "Accidently" dumped on me during a Sharks/Flyers game and all I had on was a Kings hat. I got pissed then realized it wasn't worth getting drawn and quartered for. The guy that did the deed actually bought me a yard of that (damn good) Cherry Beer between the second and third period. He said I was a good sport after I wrung out my hat into my mouth and said "Thanks for the beer!"

nocturn is offline   Reply With Quote